• This topic is locked This topic is locked
525 replies to this topic

#1 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 02:47 AM

Steven woke up at the bitter night-cold and the tingling feel of dew forming on his face. He groaned and wiped the water from his head as he sat up. He looked around for his blanket, a force of habit for him whenever he woke up in the middle of the night, but remembered where he was.

His stomache growled and the sound echoed off the walls of the dark-alley where he was sleeping. He groaned and stumbled over to a pile of garbage and began to rummage through it. It had been days since he had eaten or slept well.
Garbage, bones...more garbage...Yes!
He held up his hand in triumpth as he wolfed down all the flesh he could find off a rotting apple core. After a little under 5 seconds, the entire apple was gone, save for seeds and stem...which were consumed in the next 20 seconds.

Steven was about 5'8" tall. His light-brown hair just barely passed his emerald, green eyes. Steven was fairly stocky and could hold his own in a fight, considering he had just turned 16. However, right now, Steven looked more like a peasant than a warrior. His clothes were tattered, his skin was paled and his body was beginning to wither. Despite the lack of warmth, Steven's leather vest was not buttoned up. Whether it was because he did not have the strength to do it up or because the laces were broken (possibly consumed out of hunger), it was obvious that he was not a wealthy man.

Steven sighed and plopped back down on the cold alley floor, curling up, trying to stave off the cold.

OOC: Alright, I wanted to create a thread that most newbs could get into. It doesn't have too much of a strict storyline and can easily be manipulated. Anybody is free to join but be prepared to get CONSTRUCTIVE OOC posts, telling you on how to improve. Please, don't take these offensively.

Edited by Squee, 27 February 2004 - 02:49 AM.

Posted Image

#2 draco

draco
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 04:40 AM

Draco sat atop the towering spire, his legs crossed in meditation, and his stave at his feet. He felt the wind whip his robes around and dash them into the nearby parapets. He noticed nothing. Draco was sending forth his mind, in an attempt to find a lost friend. He had heard his old ally, a great warrior, resided in this city. It had been months since they parted ways, but now more than ever Draco needed his help.

Draco was a man of average build, seeming to be about the age of 23. But then, mana tended to warp the physical form and distort time itself. He was a mage of great prowess, and had been a child prodigy until he fled his tutors tower years ago, in search of greater magics.

Finding Steven was key... Draco was about to test the limits of his powers, and there was noone he would trust with his life in such a manor, excepting of course the cheerful little boy he had once fought alongside. Steven Avelin.

#3 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 08:31 AM

Mantis looks around him as the wind blows, carrying with it the hint of something magical. He pulls his sword out of the evil goblin he just slew, the blade steaming with the creature's foul blood. Mantis wipes the blade clean as the remaining goblins flee in terror. He collects his things and walks in the direction of the wind, of which the distressed soul's pleas were floating on.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#4 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:30 PM

Silverwizard steps toward Steven out of the darkness that he did not seem to be in just a second before. "Hello Steven. I have heard of you, you were not always like this, you were once great, do you want that back?" He then steps back into the shadows still there but perfectly still. His silver robe shimmering in the unlight of the shadow seeming to drink and reflect light at the same time. His gnome features are smiling but not happily.
Chairman of The Warriors of The Mist, The Great and Powerful Wizard

Skippy the Peanut Butter Fiend.

#5 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:43 PM

An evil raider named Mecrenary throws a lamb sandwich through the window screaming. I WILL HAVE ALL YOUR GOLD!!

OCC: Sorry, I'm in an interesting mood today.

#6 draco

draco
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:53 AM

((ok. Wierd mood granted. But thats relaly more of a chatterbox type post. If you want to RP, you must introduce a character, and give some setting, besides window. Also, try to keep posts above 3 sentences. This is more of a gernaral rule... but yaa.))

#7 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 01:38 AM

"...Wha-...Who? Who are you?!" Steven said as he scrambled to his feet, trying his best to get into a fighting stance. He raised his fists and kept them up to his face, trying ever so hard to keep them from trembling (whether it was because of his fatigued stupper or his fright, we will never know).

"How do you know my name and who sent you!?"
Posted Image

#8 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:48 AM

"Hey can I have my sandwich back?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I don't mean anything," he continues, glancing at Steven's fighting posture.

As he stoop down, retrieving his sandwich he reveals a shiny red sword.

"Thanks" He says, flashing his red eyes at steven.

"Where'd that window come from in the darkness, anyway?".

At this point, he drops his sandwich, into Steven's open mouth.

Oh, you ate my sandwich!

Now you'll have to fight me!!!! For the glory of the sandwich!

Mecrenary raises his fist, ready to smite Steven.

#9 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 02:54 AM

((I'm going to start pointing out where you went wrong. If anybody else has suggestions, feel free. Of course, be civilized and only use constructive critisism.

1) I have no clue what your character looks like other than he has a shiny, red sword.

2) Shiny, red sword? Come now. I know your vocabulary is larger than that. Find a thesaurous. It gives your posts an extra...je ne sais quoi.

3) You...like stopped using quotation marks half way through. It's hard to see what you're saying or doing.

4) Stating that Steven ate that sandwich falls under God Modding. You can't control my character. Only I can do that. You can drop the sandwich at Steven but you can't make him swallow it.

That's all I can see right off the bat. If I see more, I'll tell you.))
Posted Image

#10 draco

draco
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 04:33 AM

((Id jsut like to add. Noob friendly yes. But still you have to TRY and rp.... It's not called "Mindless dribble about sandwiches." It's called role playing. The point is to purpetuate an INTERESTING and involving sotyr for teh benifit of the others your playing with. This is fun for everyone... So don't detract from it by being an ass... For lack of a better term.))

#11 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:51 PM

"Steven, my name is Silverwizard, I have heard something of you, I do not know how you fell from power but I know it does not befit you," the voice of the mage who is identified as Silverwizard floats out of the air, "do you wish to have your greatness given back?"

#12 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 02:22 AM

Steven just sighed and slid down the alley-way's wall.
"...You want to know why I'm sitting out here?" he started as he ran his fingers through his loose hair.
"...I went on an...errand for King Elwin III...Err...I-I got him some kind of weapon...some...umm...ancient...thing...

Anyways, Elwin used this weapon to assassinate a rival king two towns over...Oh, but he wasn't done there.

In the city's confusion, he sent in a bragade of men to completely wipe out the citizens...

I-I tried to stop him...I really did! I spoke out, I rallied troops and I raised arms! ...But...my friend's deserated me, leaving me to fight by myself. King Elwin III kicked me out of his castle, took away my weapons, my clothes and even burned down my house.

...Y-Yeah...that sounds about right. I think I covered anything."

Steven was now subconciously playing with the silver crucifix on his necklace.

"...A-Anyways, why are you so interested in giving me back my 'greatness'? And what's with people calling me a 'great warrior' or whatever...?

Oh...you know what? It was probably..." he said, trailing off into an inaudible mumble.
Posted Image

#13 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 03:44 AM

Someone else this time a human wearing leaves and holding a staff steps out of the shadows, "I also am Silverwizard known as Anturox, I know all this is confusing to you but to put it simply I am the man you know as Silverwizard but without being him. I look at the world from the perspective of balance which this Elwin has distrupted, you are bound for great glory which will change the balance of the world I do not know how or what part but I know that you were not supposed to have this happen. I can give only what I support, the Warriors preserves of the world have fallen on hard times, I can give little but can help give you more." He passes Steven a short sword and some basic leather armour.

Edited by Silverwizard, 03 March 2004 - 03:45 AM.

#14 draco

draco
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 04:02 AM

Draco sighs and retires for the night. It was a big city, and Steven was only one man. He decided he would continue in the morning... But for now, a relaxing bath and some rest so he could redouble his efforts in the morning. Elwin had to be stopped... And Steven was just the man to help him.

#15 Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 04:25 AM

Kallico appeared to be a young girl of about the age of 21. She smiles sweetly and nods to Steven and Silverwizard as she passes through the dark alley on her way to the local pub.
Kali (what her friends liked to call her) had long flowing black hair, crystal blue eyes, and a fair complexion. She appeared to be some type of warrior considering she's donning shimmering massive plate mail but with her only being of an average build and being so young, one wouldn't expect her to be as great of a warrior as she is.

#16 Primal_Whisperer

Primal_Whisperer
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 02:31 PM

Bremen walked through the city streets, unnoticed. He appeared a simple peasant, armed only with a Quarterstaff and dressed only in a plain cloak, but both were imbued with strong druid magic. Once a corrupt mage, he now follows the ways of the druids, seeking balance in all things. As he travels through the town, he begins to sense something wrong, and decides to investigate.

#17 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 11:31 PM

With one motion, Steven gracefully caught the sword and tossed it back. The leather armour, however, was not so fortunate and simply landed beside Steven.

"I'm done fighting," he mumbled.
"Look where it's gotten me so far... Maybe I'll just go to school or something. Or maybe I'll become a carpenter...but no more fighting. No good comes of fighting, I see that now...

Anyways, you're wasting your time, Anturox...err...Silverwizard...or...err...whoever you are. Now, if you don't mind, I have some sleeping to catch up to," he said as he laid himself down. He rolled on his side and kept his backside turned to Silverwizard, trying ever so hard to keep his stomache from roaring aloud.

((Rattlesnake and Primal_Whisperer...great work. XD

Awesome introduction. There's nothing I can suggest...you're not newbs to RP'ing are you? ^^;; ))

Edited by Squee, 03 March 2004 - 11:32 PM.

Posted Image

#18 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:01 AM

Mecrenary shouts "I WILL NOT BE IGNORED" and punched everybody in the nose!
"and WHY is your stomach growling with MY sandwich in it!
He has hideous white fists smelling of lamb sandwich, that he punches everybody with again.
He raises his very shiny red sword ready to open up Steven's belly!
He grins evilly, showing his bright, yellow teeth.
He curses as his dark brown, short but overgrowing hairs get in the way of his view.

Edited by Mec, 04 March 2004 - 12:04 AM.

#19 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:05 AM

The druid changes form all of a sudden into an elf rather than a human. He bends over the sleeping Steven, "The world is not done with you Steven, I fear something may happen that you cannot control." He casts spell to remove diseases from Steven and the surrounding garbage and also to heal Steven of any bodily harm. He picks up the leather and walks off into the same shadows.

#20 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:15 AM

Mecrenary shouts "I WILL NOT BE IGNORED" and punched everybody in the nose!
"and WHY is your stomach growling with MY sandwich in it!
He has hideous white fists smelling of lamb sandwich, that he punches everybody with again.
He raises his very shiny red sword ready to open up Steven's belly!
He grins evilly, showing his bright, yellow teeth.
He curses as his dark brown, short but overgrowing hairs get in the way of his view.

((Okay, last chance. I'm getting semi-annoyed with you now.

1) You cannot simply kill a character. This is known as God-Modding. The only person who decides if a character dies is the character's owner. What you COULD do is try to attack Steven. Anything more than that would fall under God-Modding.

2) The only reason we're ignoring you is because your posts seem to be...shall we say, less than par.

3) On a side-note, at least your posts are getting better. They seem to be getting more coherant and you've even included a very, brief description of what your character looks like.

Can I suggest something, though? It doesn't seem like you've really developed this character. Maybe you should take a few minutes to think it through? As a good rule of thumb, a character usually isn't ready unless you can think up a background for it.))
Posted Image

#21 draco

draco
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:46 AM

Draco drifts off to sleep wrapped in a mound of silk sheets and pillows, restless to the point of near mumification. It was impossible to put Steven out of his mind. He had caught a glimps of him upon entering the town, and thought it no more than a halucination. He saw a grubby begger, sleeping in a pile of garbage, the same sad look on his face as Steven had when they had parted ways.

#22 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:13 AM

"This world needs Steven" a voice hisses out of nowhere.
"I can't do it, he does not want to, you think your Fate but you do not control people and I will not be your toy." the elf shrieks in pain.
"I do not care what you want weakling, you will get Steven or you will suffer torment," the voice hisses this time with a murderous edge.
The elf steps back into the shadows and a halfling wearing thief's gear steps out. He stealthily moves across town and slips into Draco's dwelling to wait.

Edited by Silverwizard, 04 March 2004 - 04:14 AM.

#23 Primal_Whisperer

Primal_Whisperer
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 12:57 PM

(No, I'm not entirely new to rp'ing. )

As Bremen walked through town, some instinct drew him towards the alley where Steven lay. Arriving there, Bremen stood calmly at the entrance, studying Steven and waiting for steven to notice him.

#24 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 02:10 AM

"You honestly think that I'm destined for great things?" he growled as he got back on to his feet, a little irritation in his voice.

"What kind of proof do you have? No, my destiny is here. I've done terrible things in my past, now I'm going to pay for it all. More no killing, no more fighting - I'm done with that."

Just then, Steven noticed someone in the corner of his eye.

"Oh, what? More of your little 'avatars' or whatever? God...

Why don't you just call him over? Hey! Hey, you! Yeah, you! Why not come over and join your little buddy! Yeah, that's right, I'm talking to you!" Steven yelled aloud. For whatever reason, Steven seemed to be getting needlessly angry. Who knows if it was the lack of eating, sleeping or a warm bed to come home to but something was obviously irritating him...and not just unwanted guests.
Posted Image

#25 Primal_Whisperer

Primal_Whisperer
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 01:10 PM

"My name is Bremen, were you expecting someone else? I'm here for information, not to make you fight."

#26 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 03:10 AM

Steven ran his hand through his hair. He took a deep breath and took comfort in the slight jingling of the silver bracelet on his right wrist. He immediatley calmed down and simply slid down the alley-way wall.

"...M-My name is S-Steven Christopher Avelin... I-I...err...d-didn't mean to yell...I-I'm sorry..." he mumbled as he stared down at the cold, wet ground. His cheeks began to turn a light red ever so slightly, although, Steven would never admit it.
Posted Image

#27 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 04:26 AM

((OOC: Silverwizard has left the area just incase that is unclear, the split personality thing I have done in Prisoner In Tears does not work right now for the same reason I was arguing with a disembodied voice.))

#28 Primal_Whisperer

Primal_Whisperer
  • Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 12:27 PM

"Don't worry about it. I can see you've been through alot," Bremen said, sitting across from Steven, "Something has disrupted the balance here. I think you can tell me what."

#29 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 05:21 PM

"Oh...well...Bremen, right? ...You must not be around here...

King Elwin III ruled over this kingdom for most of his life...but then...he started to act strangely. I was part of his army...and have been since I was 13... Anyways, he started making us take over pieces of land in rival kingdoms...at first, it was nothing big. In fact, it was a good thing. We were freeing people from slavery and it really flet like we were helping the greater good...

But then...one day, King Elwin asked me to journey towards the Elven lands. He made me look for an ancient weapon...some kind of dagger or something...nothing too important..." Steven said as he began to eye at a pile of garbage hungrily.

"...A-Anyways, I did eventually find it...but a week after I came home, I found out that King Elwin had used the weapon to kill a few Elven Lords and other leaders... I...err...I-I stood up against him but...err...well... Y-You know the rest..." he said as he slowly reached over into a pile of garbage, feeling around for anything that seemed edible...and at this point, edible pretty much anything that wasn't moving.
Posted Image

#30 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 10:36 PM

"Don't" came a quiet voice "To mumble of your past negates the value of that which you have done... you can't spend your life dwelling on the horrors you cannot change. And to resort to rumaging in that rubbish... it demeans that which you are now"

A girl of about seventeen emerged from the shadows (they seem to be a good place for observing from, from what I've seen). She pushed back the hood of her robe, revealing her elven face and long pale hair, giving the group a self conscious smile. She swept aside the long dark robe which was knotted at her shoulder so she wouldn't tread on it as she moved towards them

"Isn't it a little... unfair, to appear from nowhere and start pushing pressure and destiny onto ... sorry, it was Steven wasn't it?" she smiled softly as she came to a realisation "Forgive me... I come here uninvited and interupt your buisness without even bothering to tell you my name"

She looked around

"You may call me Charon" she bowed her head lightly "You may call me many other things aswell... I just may not respond"

She turned back to Steven "If... if you are truly that hungry, may I offer you some food?"

Edited by Charon, 07 March 2004 - 12:09 AM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users