Masters Of Magic

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:38 AM

Mages study magic for their entire life ... ( yeh they do ... poor start arrhh )

so...
mages should be able to learn spells that other classes have like clerics heal and druids stormwhrats and other spells aswell ... but only from scrolls so they cant go to a druid or cleric or pacifist guild to buy spells, they have to learn it from the scrolls ...

would it make mages overpowered?
... i think not.

what you think?
post ...!

#2 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:45 AM

Mages should have many many more spells than any other classes agreed, they should do many varying things. However, I don't think they should be able to learn other classes spells otherwise mages would just be too good, with divine restoration, and holy might etc.

Agreed mages need more spells, but they need to be unique. Nice thoughts though.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#3 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:59 AM

i first thought it would make mages overpowered ... but then i thought what if ...
mages should be really overpowered cuz they are very hard to exp and they gain really poor hp .... so it would not be very hard to kill one ... on the other hand people would start to use them as part of a party ( obviously, cuz nm is all about having the best team... <--- and it really does make the classes "poor" cuz they have to make classes "weak" so they wouldnt be overpowered)
which they would gain a wery good protection and give the other members of the party some good protection and good hitting power aswell.

#4 Monte

Monte
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:20 PM

I would like to see some new spells as well, particularly new ones. You're ideas are good, however it is unfair to the other classes to take thier abilities and combine it into one class. Clerics, Druids, and Paladins would be fazed out as you could just level a mage. Thinking on it, a mage with all of the stat benifits would be incredible, however it would be too much. Please allow the classes to retain thier individuality. We all have at least a few new ideas for some spells that would be cool for mages to have.

--Monte

#5 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:28 PM

It'd make leveling a mage from 27 - 30 very very easy. Even using the Heal scroll, far too easy compared to how they are now.

/t Eternyte Holy Might isn't a scroll ;p

I think there needs to be more scrolls in game, kinda of like weapons, where certain classes can use them. And others can't. No suggestions however.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#6 Monte

Monte
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:49 PM

I think that's a good idea. Maybe because mages can't get powerfull weapons, save for the might Cobalt, they could get several scrolls instead. /t alone good thinking.

--Monte

#7 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:35 AM

wasnt a good idea ... i dont care anymore *sight*

#8 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 08:18 AM

there was something on the suggestions forum that wasnt a good idea that was almost exactly like this topic that one was locked so i think this one should be too cause there should not be a "jack of all trades"
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users