Stealing Items

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 11:06 PM

why can't you steal items?..you can steal gold and its on the persons belt or pocket or something like that in real life and the items they have on would be there also...so why can't we steal items? i mean lets just think about it...you could have a 50/50 chance of geting items or gold...and the chance of completing the move stay the same..and rename is to just Steal.well..i just babling..tell me wut you think... :)

Edited by trigger happy, 12 May 2004 - 11:08 PM.

#2 The_Final_Climax

The_Final_Climax
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 02:42 AM

Do you mean..items that are sitting in the inventory..or items that are equiped? If your sayin' Items that are equiped should be able to be stolen, I'd disagree with this, as that would just...everyone would be stealing back and forth equipment..etc.No one would bother to go to boss fights/buy items, just steal them easily insted. However if I'm thinking along the lines that you mean items in the inventory, perhaps only out of town. It'd be also just as easy to sit in the vault "So-and-so withdrew a Blade of Time from the vault. You Stole a Blade of time. You Deposited a Blade of Time." But then again, most people don't walk around with big-bad-expensive Items on crits outside of down anyways..so for roleplaying purposes, or in the need of healing pot or something of the sort..maybe being able to steal small items like that would be of help to the thiefs.
Deceive or be Deceived. Thus, Flourish or Perish.

Eesha ingame.

#3 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 12:53 PM

I suggested this in the old forums, no one seemed to like it though, like I said, once lvl 30 you have a .1% chance to steal equiped stuff and a 50% chance to steal items in inventory.

#4 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 03:09 PM

Not. Going. To. Happen.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#5 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 03:22 PM

Do you mean..items that are sitting in the inventory..or items that are equiped? If your sayin' Items that are equiped should be able to be stolen, I'd disagree with this, as that would just...everyone would be stealing back and forth equipment..etc.No one would bother to go to boss fights/buy items, just steal them easily insted. However if I'm thinking along the lines that you mean items in the inventory, perhaps only out of town. It'd be also just as easy to sit in the vault "So-and-so withdrew a Blade of Time from the vault. You Stole a Blade of time. You Deposited a Blade of Time." But then again, most people don't walk around with big-bad-expensive Items on crits outside of down anyways..so for roleplaying purposes, or in the need of healing pot or something of the sort..maybe being able to steal small items like that would be of help to the thiefs.

i mean in invetory and i agree with what you said...but some people do have items off them at times..and yes only outside of town..or if inside you can't be in a bank/vault/church/pub and steal items cause trades normaly are conducted in banks and vault so people cannot just steal what someone else withdraws and pubs and churchs to give someone a safe house to give other crits items and all..lol and no i think the stealing rate should be 50%chance to get gold 50%chance to get items(invetory items only) from what the steal chance is allready and you cannot steal items from monsters...but should be able to steal in town tho..in real life you can steal anywhere so why not in Nm?..lol either way i think item stealing is a good idea..well i just hope staff does also.

#6 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 03:30 PM

Stealing items I agree with, stealing equipped items I do not agree with. As Trigger Happy has said, players will be carrying gold in a bag or their pocket or something, along with the items they are carrying.

Although, there should be a high chance of success if you want to encourage thieves to rob the players rather than simply assassinating them. There is also the question and problem of multiple thieves stripping a player clean of his/her potions in the space of a few tenths of a second!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#7 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 03:35 PM

the more of the chance you take the more the fun of the game lol

#8 Xian

Xian
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 09:24 PM

Could be abused in areas that require keys, can see someone being stripped of an orb in chronos and not being able to leave.. kinda lame.
Celerity // Wodan in game.

#9 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:33 PM

who cares...its all the more risk that makes Nm fun..not being safe...being able to lose items to a thief would be more of a challenge...i mean come on..do you like Nm cause people can or can't kill you?...or cause they can or can't steal from you?....if Nm was totaly safe it would never have a challenge there for not be fun at all..lol

#10 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:51 PM

I can see lone crits suffering a lot from this. With regards to keys, hopefully the thieves will only be taking Mana Crystals and Healing Potions instead of the vital key.

You know... I've just had an evil idea to go with this. A Mousetrap item - carry it around, primed, and if the unfortunate thief picks it out of your satchel, SNAP!, "OW!" (does some minor damage) and makes him/her visible!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#11 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:58 PM

What makes NM fun is the interaction with other people from the world, in an effort to achieve something that, although may have no real value, means something upon completion..

PKing is the weak mans way of enjoying the game - If it's what you think is fun, then you're missing out on alot with this game.

EDIT:
Oh and.. It'll never happen unless you outline a strong stable case for the skill, not just throw it in the air and hope someone else catches it.

Edited by alone, 13 May 2004 - 10:58 PM.

"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#12 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:06 PM

What makes NM fun is the interaction with other people from the world, in an effort to achieve something that, although may have no real value, means something upon completion..

PKing is the weak mans way of enjoying the game - If it's what you think is fun, then you're missing out on alot with this game.

EDIT:
Oh and.. It'll never happen unless you outline a strong stable case for the skill, not just throw it in the air and hope someone else catches it.

true lol...i am thinking of stuff for it..just aint completed the skill setings..i may need a little help with it...

oh and after you've done just about everything there is to do in Nm and killed everything you like to pk a good bit..makes the game a little funer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users