Photo

Not Another Poll

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: Should gay couples be allowed to adopt ? (64 member(s) have cast votes)

Should gay couples be allowed to adopt ?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 All_Evil

All_Evil
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:45 PM

I feel like creating a controversial topic :P

#2 Evilcloud

Evilcloud
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:13 PM

no... and if u want an explanation... they are gay
~~¤*~Menelaeus/Darkalliance in NM1A~*¤~~

#3 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:14 PM

i say no
-Alias ingame-

#4 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:20 PM

I say no, because a child should have both, mother and father.

#5 Simulation

Simulation
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 11:22 PM

No, becuase what kind of kid would want gay parents, they would get made fun of and stuff. I would run away if I had gay parents.
«¤Mêad¤»*

#6 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:21 AM

No, becuase what kind of kid would want gay parents, they would get made fun of and stuff. I would run away if I had gay parents.

Actually you would grow up believing it's normal. You would be so used to have 2 parents of the same sex that it wouldn't bother you at all.

#7 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:34 AM

Actually you would grow up believing it's normal. You would be so used to have 2 parents of the same sex that it wouldn't bother you at all.

i disagree...u would get made fun of and ridiculed all the time...
-Alias ingame-

#8 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:36 AM

One would think that gay parents might turn the child into a failure in society, but single parent children seem to be just as successful as two parent children. Try looking beyond the whole ridiculing aspect.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#9 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 01:59 AM

One would think that gay parents might turn the child into a failure in society, but single parent children seem to be just as successful as two parent children. Try looking beyond the whole ridiculing aspect.

This isnt really the same thing as single parent parenting. I feel it isnt how it was ment to be. We live in a society where most people arnt ok with gay relation. Therefore it is hard to look past the ridicule aspect. If someone with gay parents moved here i would try to look past for the child. Although I would disagree with his/her parents views i would try to befriend him/her. Im almost sure that anytown around where i live would make fun of and bully a child that has gay parents for sure. I also believe that most other comunities would do the same thing.

There are many more issues in gay mariage that could and probably needed to be discussed... overall i disagree with it and thats all i can say :P
-Alias ingame-

#10 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:19 AM

I have to say, they should be allowed to. You people keep bringing up , "they'll be bullied". Well, nearly everyone gets bullied some time in their life.. which could involve emotional and physical degrading. Them degrading you.. could effect you both ways. If those parents do adopt.. and the parents or child(ren) feel uncomfortable they could always home school or private school them (if they could afford to).
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#11 Aidon

Aidon
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:23 AM

It used to be way back when that if a child had a single parent they were riducled also. Now it isn't seen as such a big deal. Hence the meaning of lovable companion, a child whose father was not around or unknown.

#12 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:41 AM

Erm, yeah.. I live with my mom. I lived with her for 5 years and counting. Those who knew never said anything. I was more embarassed about telling people my parent/living situation than anything else. Majority of everyone else I knew had lived with both of their parents still. My parents are seperated , just not legally. I hate my parents being apart. I hate when they date others. When they do talk.. it ends up in conflicting with each other (over petty stuff at that). I guess life would be easier for them both with them not being together.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#13 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:47 AM

Yes they should be alloud to(if they arnt...?)Just because of their sexual prefrence they shouldnt be alloud to have the wonderful experience of rasing a child? ..Thats ignorant, yes maybe the child would end up being "different" but who cares, someone being raised by a mother and a father could end up the same way..and who cares what other people say, do and/or think about you..people should be able to live their lives how they want(to a certain degree)leave em be..

#14 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 05:09 AM

they are allowed to do so in holland. works fine.
Even in death my hate will go on

#15 two

two
  • Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 05:24 AM

yes. maybe two loving parents are better than one, a single parent who has to work long hours without being there. aspects can be argued for possible peer persecution, but a lot more can be argued for a healthy home environment.

i'm surprised to see that people don't know anyone who's parents are gay. and if they do, i'm even more surprisede to see that they'll be persecuted for it. i mean, it's so 1950's, right? i dunno, groin up on the west coast, most everyone is down with gay people because, well, it's hard not to know someone who isn't.

and is it's a matter of persecution you're afraid of, boundries had to be brodened in all other venues of ignorance. examples: someone had to be the first catholic to be president, someone had to give a chance to blacks to attend a university, someone had to be the first women to get an abortion legally. i'm pretty sure they all got persecuted for each of their efforts, but it furthered us as a people. so the child's persecution seems like a dismal argument in the long run, and maybe someone should provide another argument, or just grow a sack and say that you just think it's gross, and then defend marrying your cousin.

#16 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 02:48 PM

i disagree...u would get made fun of and ridiculed all the time...

at the age of 0-7 the kid won't get picked on for having gay parents lol. until the age of 7-11, s/he will think it's just normal. It's only until kids get to the stage where they start making fun of gay people, fat ppl etc will they realise they don't have a normal life, and other kids will notice this and start to point the finger.

#17 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 04:26 PM

one of my friends has 2 moms and he is perfectly cool with it. he said he enver had problems with it just some retards try'n to insult him. and he damn well knows he's different but then again we dutch ppl are more open minded then you are.
Even in death my hate will go on

#18 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:19 PM

Dare I say I kind of agree with Jurian?

A great majority are too uptight to see this as alright. I think they should be allowed to adopt-
What would you rather see;
A homosexual couple bring up a child in a caring, loving household, where the child has every chance to grow, or;
A man and woman bring up a child in a nuts hole where the child is given very few life chances?
You explain that to the kid when he's grown up and working a dead end job...
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#19 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:21 PM

:P
-Alias ingame-

#20 All_Evil

All_Evil
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 10:59 PM

Wow didnt expect this kind of a response.

I think society needs to change and be more tolerant before anything can happen. Being brought up in a religious background I don’t think homosexuality is right but as I grew up and matured (that’s debatable :P ) and formed my own opinions I respected the right for an individual to do what they want (as long as it doesn’t hurt others in the process) without being discriminated in any form.

Yes kids can be so cruel, all it takes is just 1 kid to make fun of a kid with gay parents and others will follow making his childhood a nightmare. Unfortunately the minority groups in school/society will always be picked on cause they are different and I doubt that will ever change. Hopefully society will change before long but until that day I say NO taking the kids up bringing into account.

#21 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:22 PM

gay ppl should have all the rights a non gay person has yeah i dont like gays but its their choice to be gay an that shouldnt make them lose any rights.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#22 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 11:52 PM

i just dont agree with homosecuality... oviously it wasnt ment to be or we would have diferent parts :P ... but thats a choice ... i try to be as open minded as i can but i just dont think they should be able to adopt ^_^
-Alias ingame-

#23 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 05:39 AM

i just dont agree with homosecuality... oviously it wasnt ment to be or we would have diferent parts :P ... but thats a choice ... i try to be as open minded as i can but i just dont think they should be able to adopt ^_^

I'm going to put you on the spot, as this is an interesting topic. You seem to be pretty sure of yourself that you're against it. I want to know what your reasonings are for disagreeing with same sex relationships.

Hump in game.

#24 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:42 PM

homosecuality

At least spell it right.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#25 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 08:54 PM

u can oviously tell its a typo duchebag
-Alias ingame-

#26 Darklin

Darklin
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:13 PM

Homosessuality?

01010100 01100001 01101100 01101011 01001110 01100101 01110010 01100100 01111001 01010100 01101111 01001101 01100101

#27 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 09:37 PM

Now to work out what a 'duche' is.. :P

Care to answer Vodka in the mean time?
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#28 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 04:40 PM

i say no
I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

#29 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 10:11 PM

no

Edit: Some/most of us accidentally walked in on mom and dad doin the deed.... The thought of a child walking in on dad and dad smokin pole is disturbing.

Edited by Dan, 03 October 2004 - 01:20 AM.

#30 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 10:44 PM

/t vodka ... i disagree with it becuase it wasnt ment to be...its not the way people were created, and that is mainly my only reasoning. :P

edit:this will be my last post on this topic

Edited by Consumed, 02 October 2004 - 10:45 PM.

-Alias ingame-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users