Friend's Music

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 10:10 AM

A friend of mine which I work with has been recording, singing and mixing her own music from her home computer.

I really think she is good, but she won't listen to me because she thinks I am being bias in my opinion of her music. So I wanted to see what all of you think of one of her songs.

This is her most recently recorded song in which she recorded all of the vocals (inclidung the background vocals) and mixed them herself. Since this she has not done any more because of 'lack of time' and whatnot.. I'm trying to get her to start again.

She has never taken vocal lessons or guitar lessons - she simply picked it up one day.

Anyway - here it is:

"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce

#2 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 22 April 2005 - 01:06 PM

It's recorded nicely, so in that respect it is good work - however recording acoustic guitar and just vocals is probably alot easier than having to place in other instruments like drums, bass etc.

And the song itself is ok I can imagine if she wants to make it on MTV, however as you know I like metal and think it sucks - but thats just my one opinion.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#3 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 02:49 AM

I am pretty sure I know who it is. And if I am right then she has already heard me tell her time and time again to get serious about her music.

That is the first time I have heard that song. It is nice. The recording is actually pretty good coming from a home PC.

I would hope she will allow me to post the song that first hooked me on her style of music. I think I listened to the song atleast 20 times in a row the first time.
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#4 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:26 AM

sounds pretty good for recordin off the comp
Primex ingame

#5 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 04:48 AM

american idol ^_^
-Alias ingame-

#6 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 10:34 PM

I am pretty sure I know who it is. And if I am right then she has already heard me tell her time and time again to get serious about her music.

That is the first time I have heard that song. It is nice. The recording is actually pretty good coming from a home PC.

I would hope she will allow me to post the song that first hooked me on her style of music. I think I listened to the song atleast 20 times in a row the first time.

o.o;;

May be the same person, but shrugs..

How do you know her?
"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce

#7 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:42 AM

Honest opinions? It isn't good enough. It's nice. That's it. Nice isn't good enough to go "serious" with; there are plenty of people out there that can play the guitar and sing like that. Sorry, but it's nothing special.

#8 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:18 PM

I saw this same topic title on Gaia *shifty eyes*

#9 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:54 PM

Honest opinions? It isn't good enough. It's nice. That's it. Nice isn't good enough to go "serious" with; there are plenty of people out there that can play the guitar and sing like that. Sorry, but it's nothing special.

ur juss jealous
Primex ingame

#10 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:57 PM

ur juss jealous

ur juss retarded

#11 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 05:03 PM

good comeback sunshine
Primex ingame

#12 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 06:02 PM

oh yeah, because "ur juss jealous" and "good comeback sunshine" is incredibly witty ^_^

#13 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 07:01 PM

not bad at all she could go pretty far
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#14 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:27 PM

i kinda agree with malavon...shes good and could maybe get a record contract but she prolly wouldnt be a star... and she wouldnt be rich from it i doubt... but its worth a shot... and she might be able to proove me wrong...
-Alias ingame-

#15 Guest_SpiritKisses_*

Guest_SpiritKisses_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:10 AM

Hmmm.. where to begin. I guess, first, thanks Matt for doing this.

Second, thanks for all the honest criticisms.. but I do find it funny that the song was just something I picked up and did but you all have great advice.

I also mixed the backround vocals because I was toying with a program I found. Really, it wasn't anything serious but it's interesting I got this kind of response.

Some of you mentioned mediocrity.. and I completley agree... but then again.. it wasn't something I put alot of effort into.

I loved the "Well it's nice" from Malavon. VERY HONEST

that's exactly how I feel about it. ^_^

I'm really not looking to make a record just to be a Nurse. It's just an occasional hobby. Thank you all for the strange and great comments though!

#16 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5242 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 10:32 PM

I like it. If she's hot, she could probably get a deal of somekind.
It's not all that 'my type' of music, but I could listen to it as well as most music that's any good. It's definatly better than some of the stuff they play on VH1 and MTV.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#17 Guest_SpiritKisses_*

Guest_SpiritKisses_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:13 AM

Awww.. thanks gaddy! ^_^

#18 Despair

Despair
  • Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 04:31 AM

It turned out really good and I enjoyed listening to it . . .
If I were the rain... that binds together the Earth and the Sky, whom in all eternity will never mingle... would I be able to bind two hearts together?

#19 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:22 AM

I like it. If she's hot, she could probably get a deal of somekind.
It's not all that 'my type' of music, but I could listen to it as well as most music that's any good. It's definatly better than some of the stuff they play on VH1 and MTV.

totally agreed lol
-Alias ingame-

#20 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 02:47 AM

IF shes hot.....big IF, and hot enough to compete wit jessica simpson and britney spears then maybe yea sounded good enough, hell better than ashlee simpson at least

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#21 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 03:59 PM

this was on rev forum too...
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#22 Insane Reality

Insane Reality
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 12:49 AM

Hmmm.. where to begin.  I guess, first, thanks Matt for doing this.

Second,  thanks for all the honest criticisms.. but I do find it funny that the song was just something I picked up and did but you all have great advice. 

I also mixed the backround vocals because I was toying with a program I found.  Really, it wasn't anything serious but it's interesting I got this kind of response.

Some of you mentioned mediocrity.. and I completley agree... but then again.. it wasn't something I put alot of effort into. 

I loved the "Well it's nice" from Malavon.  VERY HONEST

that's exactly how I feel about it. ^_^

I'm really not looking to make a record just to be a Nurse. It's just an occasional hobby.  Thank you all for the strange and great comments though!

Honestly Your Good From what i've heard. I also like the song a whole lot I think more can come from this if you actually put some effort into it.But other then that alot of people are right its good for a home pc production. But other then that i really like it. Hope to Hear more from you someday.

Edit: mispelled some words.

Edited by Insane Reality, 09 May 2005 - 12:50 AM.

#23 draykill

draykill
  • Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 02:58 AM

Yeah, it's pretty good.
Retired

#24 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 07:07 AM

Good voice, but I'm not able to fully grasp it. Get rid of the background effect.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#25 Guest_SpiritKisses_*

Guest_SpiritKisses_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:26 AM

Thanks Again!

#26 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 01 June 2005 - 05:38 AM

lol@gaddy

I liked it. it's not my particular taste, but i see some talent and thats respectable. you aught to persue it.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users