Nightmist Ii

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Sailormoon

Sailormoon
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:06 PM

I just came back to this game quite recently, and I haven't the slightest about what Nightmist II is. Fill me in?
~usagi

#2 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:13 PM

Project JLH and Pandilex say thier working on. Going to be Pay to play.
Stadic Ingame...

#3 Sailormoon

Sailormoon
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:15 PM

Now would the original Nightmist still be up?
~usagi

#4 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:16 PM

Yes.
EDIT: But it would be on the secondary server or whatever. Meaning possibly more lag.
EDIT AGAIN...:And there wont be as much updates done to normal Nightmist, JLH and Pandilex will concentrate on Nightmist2

Edited by Sean, 21 March 2005 - 09:17 PM.

Stadic Ingame...

#5 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:17 PM

i just laughed when i heard about Nightmist 2, then laughed some more when i heard pandi was working on it.

#6 Sailormoon

Sailormoon
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:18 PM

Wow. What a ridiculous idea.
~usagi

#7 »¤~§ûߣîMîñ⣠Âû±hô®î±¥~¤«

»¤~§ûߣîMîñ⣠Âû±hô®î±¥~¤«
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 09:27 PM

LAMO
They say that the good die young, thats why think that you should have fun, cuz time don't wait for no one.

#8 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 02:23 AM

i say we dont make an NM2 and just work hard on NM2

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#9 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 02:57 AM

? No comment on that...

Anyways... Wasnt Pandilex, Lan from RoK, the only one to ever get fired by whats his face because he sucked?
Yeah Thats Right... Im Bubba... The Drunk Redneck... The Man You Meet In Prison... The Pimp On The Streets Of L.A.

#10 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 04:32 AM

Don't hold your breath people.. Take a look at OS and Prophet..

Why fix something that's not broken!! JLH doesnt have that hard of a time paying for the games upkeep, and if he did he could always make nightmist 1 p2p
"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce

#11 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 06:05 AM

lol i think NM community would pay to not have the game P2p

ill give like $50 mayb more(thats enuff 2 buy like a ps2/xbox game)

and im sure im not the only one

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#12 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 08:44 AM

? No comment on that...

Anyways... Wasnt Pandilex, Lan from RoK, the only one to ever get fired by whats his face because he sucked?

nope, pandilex has never worked for rok (neither have i before you ask)

we are making nm2 because we want to try out new things which can't be done on nm1
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#13 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 09:00 AM

do a forum search ^_^
Even in death my hate will go on

#14 Caution

Caution
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:10 PM

yeh why have nightmist 2, Im sure if they put there minds to it they could think of a fanastic way to keep nightmist a great online RPG

#15 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 01:28 PM

The areas in Nightmist II, I hear, will be designed for single-alt use, and the game itself will likely have features that are not possible with the current Nightmist without a complete overhaul.

Of course, nothing is set in stone yet.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#16 Bahashabeem

Bahashabeem
  • Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:20 PM

Well I decided to look in seeing as school has finally died down. We should just have a total reset again and have NM2 hehehe that sounds liek more fun and I really enjoyed the whole year after the reset ^_^
Its what you do when no one is looking that determines what kinda person you really are!! ~~NBM lives on through me!

#17 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:24 PM

tbh I think reset would be pretty gay and I dont play anymore would be fun for awhile but the probs just repeat itself thus reason nm2 is being totally diffrent
Page/Memo Beatrix

#18 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 07:32 PM

should there be a faq for this stuff? because i swear i've seen this dialogue about a dozen times.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#19 Sailormoon

Sailormoon
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:00 PM

Just a few points I want to make.

Was there a poll that was cast for the ordinary Nightmist I players to see whether or not they are in favor of a Nightmist II? Because if not, I have a good feeling from my replies that you won't recruit many players.

Also, I want to put in my two cents on the fact that I do not believe that if you are going to go with NMII, why should NMI players that are poor irl have to suffer wit heven more lag and such? I can see that if it is unavoidable if you are hosting two games simultaneously, but I'm not in favor of it in the first place.
~usagi

#20 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:10 PM

I believe JLH and Pandilex decided that Nightmist II would be pay-2-play from the start (and there was plans for the current Nightmist to be pay-2-play as well, the last remnants of that being erased in the last update). But other than that, nothing is set in stone; what they decide to put in the game is likely to change.

This topic has a bit more on Nightmist II.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#21 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 10:54 PM

with the recent work on the servers at the weekend, and with the recent speed increases by NTL, lag is probably not going to be an issue (as can be seen by the bandwidth graphs on the website)
if it is, then being as it's a p2p game, it is feasable to get another cable line that could solely be used for nm2.
nm2 will have a short period of free open beta for players to basically trash it and find all the bugs, then a deletion of all accounts will be done and paid-for time will begin.
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#22 Bubba

Bubba
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 02:29 AM

I seem to remember Pandilex being called Lan by someone who came from RoK and tried playing Night mist. And Lan is about the only person who got fired from RoK. *Shrugs* If you say so, then i guess he isnt Lan. Whatever.
Yeah Thats Right... Im Bubba... The Drunk Redneck... The Man You Meet In Prison... The Pimp On The Streets Of L.A.

#23 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 03:16 AM

i thought pan was inquisitor in that game. can't remember though, it was way back.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#24 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 07:12 AM

When Opal Spheres was in devolpment there was a link from the main page that offered a forum as well as some screen shots. Is NM2 at a point where you can do that? Just so we might get a peek ^_^

/t Sailormoon I have no doubt NM2 will be a success. I myself will come out of retirement to play along with many other players. Crane pointed out that many of the areas are being designed for single alt use. Now I don't know who he sleeps with to get his info, but he is usually right. So even a poor hustler can afford NM2 if each character in an account costs roughtly 1 US dollar per month (that is a price thrown out there in an earlier topic by JLH).

Thanks JLH for atleast responding even tho you always seem to manage to avoid the big question.

When is the exspected release date?
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#25 Sera

Sera
  • Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 09:14 AM

nm2 will have a short period of free open beta for players to basically trash it and find all the bugs, then a deletion of all accounts will be done and paid-for time will begin.

Weeee! If anyone can break a game it's me! I mean really, how many people can have the issues I've had the past week or 2?

#26 Steam

Steam
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 10:50 AM

Just a few points I want to make.

Was there a poll that was cast for the ordinary Nightmist I players to see whether or not they are in favor of a Nightmist II? Because if not, I have a good feeling from my replies that you won't recruit many players.

Also, I want to put in my two cents on the fact that I do not believe that if you are going to go with NMII, why should NMI players that are poor irl have to suffer wit heven more lag and such? I can see that if it is unavoidable if you are hosting two games simultaneously, but I'm not in favor of it in the first place.

P2P NM isnt going to be like Uber expensive, wasnt int IIRC like 50p per crit a month or somthing and well thats not alot of money
Mckay: I passed out from manly hunger

http://www.youtube.com/steam56

#27 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 05:16 AM

No screenshots/previews/etc of Nightmist II will be given at all, simply because it's going to take ages for it to be made. Neither of us really have a lot of free time, and it's coming up to the end of University for me so life is extra hectic.

However I reckon within 2-3 weeks I should have something very interesting to reveal...
If you build it, they will come.

#28 Steam

Steam
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 01:49 PM

/me listens intentily for 2-3 weeks

Edit: oh and also

payment would be for credits, which can be put on any crits in your account

There thats how it will rok ^_^

Edited by Steam, 24 March 2005 - 02:28 PM.

Mckay: I passed out from manly hunger

http://www.youtube.com/steam56

#29 archmaster

archmaster
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 03:52 PM

okay, i really want to see NM2 and all, but plz don't reset NM, that would suck
You and me, We'll all go down in history, With a sad statue of liberty, and a generation that didn't agree

#30 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 04:21 PM

reset nightmist 1, it needs it in MY opinion.

Nightmist 2 is a good idea. There is nothing wrong with making another game, people do it all the time. Nightmist 1 is pretty much at the end of it's development line i think. Is there really much more you can add to it?

I did hear a rumour about not being able to put many more map areas in.

Edited by Zelimos, 28 March 2005 - 04:26 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users