Thieves

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 An Eskimo

An Eskimo
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:42 PM

Ok, I have came up with a big change in thieves finally, but it still keeps them fair:

If thieves are covert in town they should be able to assassinate people. But, if for any reason at all they come uncovert they get jailed for a certain ammount of time (20minutes or so?) So in other words, if they don't click them, and if there is more than 1 person on the square, you'll get sent to jail. You could have this for mages and druids to, but They can't click stuff like thieves can.
GÚñ§ Ñ' ®Õ§€§
Support Eskimos. Down with the Penguins.
SK84LIFE!
Metal in game.

#2 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:49 PM

idk... sounds like it could be neat, but then, where are you safe.... towns are supposed to be your safe haven... I don't really like nor do I think it could work, although it would bring more realism to the game, but then where do you go when you have an inventory full of crystal rings? some arch thief(ves) pounce you right before you trade your blade of time?

#3 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:50 PM

ultimatly (sp?) I think it would lead to utter chaos

#4 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:25 PM

Penguin, there's a button that allows you to Edit your previous post :)

Back on-topic.. I really think this idea is silly. Seriously, some's going to cast rf n enhance on their thieves and then basicly cut down anyone on their own. It'd promote the use of alts also, which I'm against.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#5 An Eskimo

An Eskimo
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:27 PM

well maybe it wouldn't let you get their items in their inventry, just gold? And honestlty, it would add more realism to the game. And it wouldn't be that big of a change, because if there is 2 people in the square and you kill one of them, you go to jail. Or if you fail, you go to jail.
GÚñ§ Ñ' ®Õ§€§
SK84LIFE!
Metal in game.

#6 An Eskimo

An Eskimo
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 03:29 PM

woo hoo I ryhmed! i'm a poet and didn't know it :)
GÚñ§ Ñ' ®Õ§€§
SK84LIFE!
Metal in game.

#7 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:07 PM

well maybe it wouldn't let you get their items in their inventry, just gold? And honestlty, it would add more realism to the game. And it wouldn't be that big of a change, because if there is 2 people in the square and you kill one of them, you go to jail. Or if you fail, you go to jail.

Again, another person who missed the EDIT button.

So, you get 100k out of your bank to make a trade with someone, and..:
You were assassinated by Adversity
I spend 20 minutes in jail, and make 100k. Fair deal if you ask me.

Just what it seems here, and correct me if I am wrong, but you both seem like relatively new players. If that is the case, it's cool to see you thinking about game ideas. But possibly in the future, ask someone in game (not a friend of yours), who you know has an extended knowledge of the game, before posting?

I hope I wasn't too rude :)
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#8 An Eskimo

An Eskimo
  • Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 06:39 PM

I guess I wasn't thinking of that. And I have been playing for almost 2 years now :x i'm just stupid. Hmm, it would make the game more realistic if they could do this, but maybe have them not get gold or items? just to have fun you know?
GÚñ§ Ñ' ®Õ§€§
SK84LIFE!
Metal in game.

#9 Stotic

Stotic
  • Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 07:38 PM

Towns are no-pk safehaven squares. That safehaven will not be altered any time soon.
We'll douse ourselves in gasoline and hang our bodies from the lampposts.

#10 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 08:21 PM

Just what it seems here, and correct me if I am wrong, but you both seem like relatively new players. If that is the case, it's cool to see you thinking about game ideas. But possibly in the future, ask someone in game (not a friend of yours), who you know has an extended knowledge of the game, before posting?

How can you tell that someones new, just because they make a suggestion that you don't agree with? Simple answer to that: You can't. It really is pathetic when people assume that just because they make a suggestion that isn't that good, they automatically have to be a newbie.

#11 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:17 PM

Dear Malavon,

I am ever so sorry if my post caused you offence, but please notice, it had nothing to do with you.

You seem to have focused on the word 'new', when infact if you look deeper into what was written you'll notice I was encouraging this train of thought, and in no way being derogative concerning the fact of them being new or not.

It just appeared that way to me, and if they have a problem with it. By all means, they can take it up with me, and I'll amend my post.

Regards,
alone.

EDIT:
Sorry I posted here and didn't reply, I typed it as to PM, but hit post. Staff may remove this post as I'll PM it also.

Edited by alone, 23 February 2004 - 11:20 PM.

- AfterAll

Bunny!

#12 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 11:48 AM

i think its not silly, it just needs some adjustment ...

citys are safe places ... but the city alley and other places which are not right at the "center" of the city u could kill ppl ( not only thieves ) but if someone sees u killing someone ( or hitting ) then when u go to a safe place in the city where u cant pk then the guards will take u to jail ( if u are covert or invis or camo the guards doesnt see u and cant take u to jail )

AND when youve hitted a ppl inside town pk place (where the city laws affect not outside town) you get count (criminal count which is the amount u have to be in jail if u get cought) and other ppl can kill u in town pk places and not get count AND gets a reward (from the guards) and the reward is more and more the much count u have

i posted a similar topic on the old forum but noone liked it ... i think ppl could like this ... better. :)

#13 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 02:57 PM

I think it's rediculous. People won't try and click the people they know won't die. Only the people they know they can kill. ie NOOBS! Why make it harder for n00bs to play when, as soon as they step foot out of NM they are killed anyways? And of course the other obvious things people said.

I disagree.

Edited by Sausage, 24 February 2004 - 02:58 PM.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#14 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 05:53 PM

My impression of JLH.

no

Westcoast

#15 Nexus

Nexus
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 03:43 AM

maybe they could only steal and not great amounts just a normal steal.
just a quick idea i hade when reading this :)

#16 S3it0*

S3it0*
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 04:53 AM

well maybe it wouldn't let you get their items in their inventry, just gold?  And honestlty, it would add more realism to the game.  And it wouldn't be that big of a change, because if there is 2 people in the square and you kill one of them, you go to jail.  Or if you fail, you go to jail.

since when was NM supposed to be realistic? its a game. not like Counter-Strike, but a fantasy game

Edited by S3it0*, 25 February 2004 - 04:53 AM.

#17 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 07:08 AM

well what do u know ... they still dont like it :)

#18 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 08:35 PM

Dont like this idea. At all.

Plus you say that you make it so its balanced. How? In this case, balance would be something along the lines of allowing people to attack back. Though it still wouldnt be balanced. Because you would still be attacking from a coverted place.

Towns are no-pk safehaven squares. That safehaven will not be altered any time soon.

I agree with this. The idea of a town is that its a safe haven. No monsters, no PKs. This should not, and most likely will not, be altered soon.

What the what?

#19 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:22 AM

it could be a good idea if it were handled correctly. like say thieves could steal gold when in town and covert because the guards couldnt see you, but you have to realize that being covert is not being invisible and it is only a matter of time before guards spot you; and if you try to steal and are not stealthy enough your thief should be caught, fined, and put in jail for the rest of the day just to teach people not to steal. i personally wouldnt mind this as it would make an interesting site: walk into the jail and the thieves inside look longingly at your purse and at the keys that the overweight guard carries on his belt.

How it would work:
a thief could only stay covert in town for two minutes without attracting the guard's attention after this point a thief is caught during their next action.

a thief would have to remain inconspicuous i.e. not flee the scene for five minutes or be caught after five minutes they would be home free unless another character sees the crime (must be able to see the thief)

(pant, pant)
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#20 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 06:35 PM

blah blah blah tryed to assasisnate you but failed x5

you were assassinated

peeps could kill someone in local = major exp loss for everyone

this idea is gay lol
Page/Memo Beatrix

#21 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:38 PM

Hey, thats a good idea!

Lets turn nightmist into counter-strike!

#22 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:45 PM

i have a feeling that not everyone reads all the posts before they post
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#23 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:06 AM

this might be wrong approach for the "need" get some depth and excitment to the killing in the game ... ill post another topic someday after i really have thought this out ... until then ... :)

#24 Echoe

Echoe
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 03:57 PM

Well i'd have to agree with both. It would be prety cool if you could just out of nowhere just pk someone in the town, but then again The townrs are sposed to be safe. I mean do you really want to make it harder for your self to be killed in and out of town. Thus the only safe place would be the Inns whitch would be over crouded and horrible lag, and your clan house and not everyone is in a clan. So not that i have typed this it seems like my answer would be NO!
Sniper 4 life. BladeFire and Echoe in game!

#25 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 10:48 AM

arrhh ... u ppl have missed the point now ... u cant kill everywhere on the town only alleys and such ... and u get "criminal count" if doing so ( if some body sees u ) ... the point is to make the game more interesting ... so that when u kill ppl u could get into trouble ( jail ) and u kill in the alleys just for that excitment and then talk to other ppl in jail ( if u get there ) about how u got there what was/is ur count (how big is ur cake :) ) and so on ...

#26 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:41 PM

OK I am in agreement with Stotic the guards may well be equiped with spyglasses they are constantly using and therefore can see invis people so there is your realism if the guards scare an archmaster they have some pretty neat stuff. So no the idea is not only bad but now also unrealistic.
Chairman of The Warriors of The Mist, The Great and Powerful Wizard

Skippy the Peanut Butter Fiend.

#27 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:38 AM

S H I T THIS IS STUPID!!!! ima leave this topic ... *sight*

#28 rebel_blaidd

rebel_blaidd
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 08:12 AM

i like this idea and i get pked all the time lol but only if it was to stick to back alleys and some extra alleys could be put into the towns and some quests could be made for in the towns that you had to travel thease dangerous alleys to get some fantastic item or something

#29 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 09:13 AM

not enough people think alike for this idea to hold water

#30 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 03:59 PM

Sucks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users