Secrets

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:05 PM

Whats happened to NM. Everyone knows just about where everything is. I know there alot of secrets like that sword (which no doubt someone will say were it hides soon enough). I mean the day people start playing NM they know how to get the best wepons in game like the BoT and supposed secret areas like Kantele and Windia. I just think they game should consentrate more on having to read descriptions and piecing clues together rather than a The Strongest Party Gets The Drop scenario which happens all the time. I mean NM is a ROLE PLAYING game which brings me to my second point. Language. Ok lets say we are people in a sorta medievel(or whatever) realm. You dont see people going up to you and saying WANA TRADE MA BOT 4 UR 2MIL!!!!WTF MAN!!!!LOL!!! Dont know how this could be fixed because anyone can get round a filter but if JLH thought about it im sure he could work something out. So basicly what im saying is that there should be more puzzle solving and RPG style things.

So reply and tell me what you think. Bring on the critics!
Stadic Ingame...

#2 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:38 PM

Fact; Those strongest people tend to be the only ones who bother to work out the puzzles. Most others are more than willing to sit on their arse and wait for someone to tell where things are.
I can honestly say, I've never solved a single puzzle myself. So I fall into the lazy group also.

It's impossible to keep a secret on Nightmist, as everything is open to everyone. I know some of the most intelligent players on Nightmist, but that doesn't mean others aren't still able to connect clues together.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#3 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 04:42 PM

Muchless, the people that everyone calls the group of 'strongest' players don't even go anywhere outside of town 95% of the time they log on...what are you talking about?

Secrets like the mumble for SDG and other things of the sort aren't always instantly known by players---nor the fact that such areas exist.

I agree though, people should try to do some stuff without being told everything sometimes...just cause it would be more gooder.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#4 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 05:24 PM

I wouldn't call myself a strong player... by any stretch of the imagination. However, I've sat on my arse and solved a few things- helped discover bolted chest w/ 2 others the night the area opened, and I frequently train in an area where I've only seen members of MT, DH, founders of TA, ex-founders of TA, and one person who I've told train...as well as an area where I'm 100% sure only MT, DH, and TA train.

Strong players aren't the ones that always find out the secrets- its the intelligent ones that take the time to look around at their surroundings rather than just focus on killing things.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#5 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 05:40 PM

i don't think it's the strong players it's just you got players that like to explore and discover things and make maps rather then train and some just prefer training/fighting over exploring/discovering.

i do think it's often the same ppl that discover things but most don't bother with it.
Even in death my hate will go on

#6 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 06:17 PM

It's mostly the same people who discover things because, like jurian said, the people that find things are the ones who enjoy exploration. Personally, I find it boring to go training in desert or museum- exploring other places is MUCH more appealing.

deimos the noob said no

#7 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:11 PM

I mean NM is a ROLE PLAYING game...

No, way! Get outta town! :P

Nightmist lacks roleplayers because Nightmist has seemed to put on this kind of persona where the point of the game is to become strong rather than have fun (which is an oxy-moron to a lot of people).

Staff cannot do anything to really change the player-base. Given, they could use the whole "reward and punishment" method to weed out unwanted players while promoting wanted ones.

However, this is a poor, poor method and certainly not something I'd support.
Posted Image

#8 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 08:33 PM

However, this is a poor, poor method and certainly not something I'd support.

This is a comment not a suggestion...

Im just trying to prove a point.
Stadic Ingame...

#9 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 09:20 PM

You took my words completely out of context. You get a cookie.
Posted Image

#10 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:07 PM

As for secrets, there are still many in game.. and it really is fun to go out and explore and find them out.. to study the descriptions and put clues together. Look around, there are many that go explore Sean, and am sure if you wish, many would let you join them.

As for Roleplaying. Many still rp in game as a norm. I know that I do. I think that many do not rp simply because of the rude comments and actions of others. For instance, I often rp at the sgh. Most are even interactive after awhile and try to RP some and get into it. However, there are several that are rude, inconsiderate, belligerent and otherwise totally closed off to the idea and would rather sit there and talk in /toggletranslate ways and do anything they can to get us RPers off the game. It should be a personal choice in my opinion if someone wants to rp or not.
So, if you are looking for some rp, page or memo me in game.

Good day,
Amy of Draco
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#11 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 18 October 2004 - 10:11 PM

I like to solve puzzles and explore, but as I'm not a strong player and I rarely manage to find people willing to explore with me... at least not while I'm actually online... I tend to find I don't get a chance to ^^

If I start trying to be all problem-solvey on my own, someone who is stronger comes along and kills me, and that kinda kills the creative flow, that does :P

That said, depending on who I log on I do roleplay in game. Sometimes very subtley but its there- particularly if I'm in an arena ^^
Otherwise though, I must admit its normally my clan and enemy chats which are forced to suffer it ^^

Edited by Charon, 18 October 2004 - 10:14 PM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#12 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 19 October 2004 - 11:59 AM

Muchless, the people that everyone calls the group of 'strongest' players don't even go anywhere outside of town 95% of the time they log on...what are you talking about?

Secrets like the mumble for SDG and other things of the sort aren't always instantly known by players---nor the fact that such areas exist.

I agree though, people should try to do some stuff without being told everything sometimes...just cause it would be more gooder.

Hell yeah. :P
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#13 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 07:52 PM

:P

#14 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:17 PM

uber secrets pwn j00! heres a big one- if u double click the little cloud thing, you get 10 gold!

deimos the noob said no

#15 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:53 PM

uber secrets pwn j00! heres a big one- if u double click the little cloud thing, you get 10 gold!

You can do alt and f4 and get more gold than the cloud WOW
Stadic Ingame...

#16 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 04:17 AM

You can do alt and f4 and get more gold than the cloud WOW

u tried it huh!!! :P hehe
-Alias ingame-

#17 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:55 AM

I wouldn't call myself a strong player... by any stretch of the imagination. However, I've sat on my arse and solved a few things- helped discover bolted chest w/ 2 others the night the area opened, and I frequently train in an area where I've only seen members of MT, DH, founders of TA, ex-founders of TA, and one person who I've told train...as well as an area where I'm 100% sure only MT, DH, and TA train.

Strong players aren't the ones that always find out the secrets- its the intelligent ones that take the time to look around at their surroundings rather than just focus on killing things.

The North-Eastern Square of the Arilin Arenas aren't very hidden.
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#18 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 12:40 PM

The North-Eastern Square of the Arilin Arenas aren't very hidden.

OMG DON'T TELL EVERYONE THAT NOOB! pff I make a discovery and then ladies like you spoil it.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#19 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 04:22 AM

Omgosh wtf die i have to find a new trainin spot now gg i got pwnt^2.43351 lolzolol i might need some penicillin

deimos the noob said no

#20 Elemental

Elemental
  • Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 01:23 PM

Omgosh wtf die i have to find a new trainin spot now gg i got pwnt^2.43351 lolzolol i might need some penicillin

LMAO

As for arenas.. I and well, I think I can speak for most of MT, DH, and TA We spend most of our days out, exploring and/or training. Just because you don't know where to find us, doesn't mean we don't do it. =)

#21 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 24 October 2004 - 07:02 PM

Yea depends on the person, I spend just about all my nm time doing something or killing something but others in clan prefer to log on to be fungy.

#22 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 03:14 AM

It's impossible to keep a secret on Nightmist, as everything is open to everyone. I know some of the most intelligent players on Nightmist,

your so modest :P
Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#23 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 04:11 AM

Bet you that isn't true :P Unless at least you add OP to that list, probably other clans or people, too.

Edit- /t Bun Where does him saying he knows smart people make him un-modest? Unless you're not being sarcastic, that comment doesn't make sense. He didn't gloat for himself.

Edited by Gaddy, 27 October 2004 - 04:14 AM.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#24 Drac

Drac
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 02:16 AM

In response to RP and Nightmist....

Nightmist is NOT the best roleplay game out there. In fact, I wouldn't even call it an rpg. Nightmist is a never-ending race to see who can kill the most people, get the best crits, and have the most gold.

RP doesn't work out very well when you can log on more than one crit at a time...

However, If it's RP you want, then you need to seek out a good RP enforced game. In these type of games, they actually ban people for constantly saying out of character(OOC) things in-game. Also, dying is not taken lightly in these types of games. You can murder people, but there are usually some sort of consequence (the game I play now, when you kill someone or you die and arent revived, you lose a deed. When you lose all deeds, your character is deleted). Lastly, in strict RP games, you generally can't get 1-30 in a couple weeks time.

I can suggest the RP game I play: Dragon's Era

I wont advertise for it, but if it's strict RP you want, Id check that out.

I can enjoy some RP every now and then.. but Nightmist just isn't the place for it, hehe.
BeEp!

#25 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 02:31 AM

I'm a very weak player, and many people will agree, but today, I got a hedge lord kill "Yay for me", and it was in a lvl 24 ranger. Luck? Very, there were like, 20 arches there with me, not always the strongest get everything. And how would you know if there are even secrets? There could be a 1mil square area from a vortex in petes arena, you wouldn't know, it's a secret, you only say they're are no secrets cause you think you know most, but I ganentee you know less than half.

#26 Bun

Bun
  • Members
  • 673 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:28 AM

you mean ank elgs?
Santa

I never went to asia this year i fly by and gave them a big wave.

#27 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 06:04 AM

It's Ankhegs, and i'm not sure he meant that

#28 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 07:27 AM

Wtf is ankhegs?

#29 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:37 AM

You know in the episode of the simpsons where homer goes to the land of chocolate? Well, it's not like that :P
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#30 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 05:31 PM

I'm a very weak player, and many people will agree, but today, I got a hedge lord kill "Yay for me", and it was in a lvl 24 ranger. Luck? Very, there were like, 20 arches there with me, not always the strongest get everything. And how would you know if there are even secrets? There could be a 1mil square area from a vortex in petes arena, you wouldn't know, it's a secret, you only say they're are no secrets cause you think you know most, but I ganentee you know less than half.

Thats a good point. not always the strongest player gets the drop. So that just proves NM hasnt got anything to do with skill. Its just luck.
Stadic Ingame...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users