Photo

New Thief Skill

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Should thieves be able to get Track? (26 member(s) have cast votes)

Should thieves be able to get Track?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 fo_hizzel

fo_hizzel
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:40 PM

Thieves should be able to track, they have the natrual skills to follow tracks in order to rob them out of the sight of guards

#2 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:31 PM

I think this would over power thieves majorly, as you could get an army of thieves to track a party >.>

Maybe make it so they track it 5 or six squares behind? Because thats what they do naturally - theives track what they find behind the person being pursued (Sp? Sorry its late - lol) .
Disaster ingame.

#3 fo_hizzel

fo_hizzel
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:46 PM

Hmm that is a good idea....

#4 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 09:59 PM

No.
Stadic Ingame...

#5 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:23 PM

Not gonna happen...

And besides thieves don't track ppl down they just plain out rob them.
Si Senior!

#6 OniLink

OniLink
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 11:40 PM

Quite a foolish idea. I do not support this feature, only because then it would make it too easy to just wait around behind a training party such as maybe one in a desert. When they have gotten up to an extent of gold, you can just switch in the windows, one-click every training crits that's on the screen, get away with 100k+ without even trying. It would also possibly make bosses much harder to kill. I don't mean bosses become stronger, I mean thieves that are hidden walks with you unsuspectingly. Then when a boss such as the Atrium Monarch falls into mortal wounds, thieves that have tracked in w/o anyone's knowledge and at the same time show no effort in retrieving the possible keys that are needed to go in a boss square as long as it is with the party can take the party and kill everything in sight then get away with it. I don't think so. Therefore, no this should not be supported.

I believe that this game should be challenging, but thieves tracking? That's overdoing it. That's my two cents. ^_^

#7 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 22 July 2005 - 11:52 PM

No way! Give pacifists track and vision and there you go!

#8 Bunny

Bunny
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 23 July 2005 - 03:34 AM

No way! Give pacifists track and vision and there you go!

prz

#9 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 24 July 2005 - 05:18 AM

i've been using thieves to create dragnets that eliminate the need for "track" for awhile now. covert was the most usefull skill in the game for me. with covert thieves monitoring certain crossroads you can keep tabs on a lot people for easy pks or profile individuals for long-term harrassment.

besides, tracking isn't exactly something thieves characteristically do. but it's still unneccessary if you've got some alts and a few screens to watch them on.
Evil report carries further than any applause

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users