Banned

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Kreshnic

Kreshnic
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:11 PM

Well guys, guess this is the end of the line for me. It was fun while it lasted.

#2 Crescendoll

Crescendoll
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 12:54 AM

I'm bummed for you and the dwindling community but glad to see fair play being enforced. Take care.

1-Alt: Outcast, Ajax, Raptor, Ronin, Discovery

#3 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 01:02 AM

You are banned for 1 month due to brazen and continual auto-training - the ban will be lifted on Dec 21st 2020.

#4 Bane

Bane
  • Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 22 November 2020 - 02:50 PM

In the words of Jurian "Yay Less Lag"

#5 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 07:18 PM

That's a pretty light ban relative to auto-training.

In many ways, I'm glad to see less severe punishments, but if you're just going to auto-train again - I'd rather you test programming skills on another game. 

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#6 Kreshnic

Kreshnic
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:13 PM

I made my mistakes and am dealing with the consequences. I'm sure life will be more than enough to keep me from repeating my mistakes, and to those that I owed for items, once I can return I will return your items.

#7 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 12:20 AM

Personally I rather you don't test your programming skills with making auto-trainers on other games, but on your own games or other applications that don't pervert gameplay.

For a slightly shameless plug, I have a Patreon where I talk about some of the development I do on the Free Pascal Compiler (and write some mathematical articles on the side).  I found my niche.  I'm sure you can find yours too, but try to aim bigger than just trying to gain an unfair advantage on an aging MUD.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#8 Kreshnic

Kreshnic
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 05:10 AM

For the record I did absolutely zero programming, and the macro's I used were so prone to issues that I should have known I couldn't successfully accomplish what I was trying to do in the first place. You guys are giving me more credit than you should, there wasn't that much thought or effort put into it. 

#9 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 December 2020 - 05:59 PM

Your ban is now lifted.

#10 Kreshnic

Kreshnic
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 05:42 PM

Sweet, now to find some time to log on :P

#11 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 22 December 2020 - 11:17 PM

Its the right time. Great Christmas quest is ongoing with Necro Claus in the Kantele barrows.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users