Single Greatest Crit Ever?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 alo113

alo113
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:30 AM

It has been a long time.  Nightmist has seen a lot of players - a lot of crits - come and go.  Our minds always seems to embellish our recollections of the past.  Lets allow ourselves a moment delve deep into our fondest memories of this game.

Players of old and players of new.  I am speaking to those of you who still play the game, and those of you that still visit the forum.

I present to you, my most prized posession in this realm.  My Legendary Knight. 

Sober is a Male Halfling Legendary Knight. He looks extremely strong, wise, extremely fast, and average looking. In one hand he holds a Rune Staff, which glows with a magical aura, the other a Shadow Brace. He is wearing a Warrior Tunic, and an Anubis Mask protects his head. Around his neck sits a Granite Amulet. He has a Crystal Bracelet and a Spyglass around his wrists. He is wearing an Arachnae's Band, a Sapphire Ring, a Ring of Astray, a Guild Ring of the Imperial Army, and Dragon Gauntlets on his hands. His feet are protected by Dragon Greaves. He is a Leader (-×»±º-Ïm(v)ørta£-±-€)v(Þ€rørS-º±«×-) of Ðårk Å££Ïånçê and he is in a healthy condition.

Race/Class: Male Halfling Legendary Knight. Str: 18, Int: 19, Dex: 21, Con: 18, Wis: 18, Chr: 11, Lev: 40, Exp: 4,846,193,084, HP: 523, MP: 0, Stm: 10.

As equipped, the stats are as follows: Str: 25, Int: 19, Dex: 22, Con: 18, Wis: 11, Chr: 10.  Armor: 75ac

This knight was years in the making, and like any defender of this realm, would not be what it is if not for the equipment it bears and help from incredible friends.  In his current state, I have reason to believe he is the single greatest crit to exist in the game.

Unfortunately, barring staff spending time in the sake of solely humoring the playerbase, there is no way to transport any characters from the Main server to the 1-alt server, or vice-versa.  There can only be hypotheticals.

This is not a statement.  It is a discussion.  I feel about my Fighter as any long time player should feel about their characters.  Pride.  If you have spent your precious time collecting rares and training your crit to Legendary, I implore you.  Present your most prized character bearing all your most precious spoils.  These are our memories.  This is our story.

¨¨*:·- Sober -·:*¨¨

#2 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 06:30 PM

Nice crit!!! congrats on all that hard work!!

The toon I was most proud of I don't own anymore so I didn't get the chance to level it to 40.. I got a mage from Kim back in the day I believe it was named Meshuggah at the time.. when I had it the name was Bones. This wasn't anything super special to many other people since it was just a 4 stat elf mage with decent eq but what it had was something completely original.. when I leveled it to 30 this mage had +1 HP over every other mage in game. Doesn't seem like much but I enjoyed having a unique crit even if it was something small like that. No clue where it went or what happened to it which bums me out to this day.. I would hope it found a great home and is still around but I haven't seen it in years and it may not be still around.

I think its hard to pin down the "Single greatest crit ever" to be in NM but I look forward to seeing what people are proud of and hopefully some nostalgic toons come out of the woodwork! fantastic topic!

I almost wonder if there should be a 1-30 era and 1-40 era category because a lot of great players/crits didn't make it into the 1-40 era of NM.

I have a handful of nice toons I am working on now on multi but I don't believe they should be in the discussion until they reach 40 and get some nice eq at the least   :)

Edited by Gnarkill, 05 July 2015 - 06:36 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#3 alo113

alo113
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:41 PM

As equipped, the stats are as follows: Str: 25, Int: 19, Dex: 22, Con: 18, Wis: 11, Chr: 10.  Armor: 75ac

Edit:  Actual stats as equipped are: Str: 25, Int: 19, Dex: 23, Con: 18, Wis: 11, Chr: 10.  Armor: 75ac

My appologies.  My original post did not reflect the extra Dex from the Sapphire Ring, and it will not allow me to edit the original post. 

#4 Justice

Justice
  • Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:56 PM

My crit isn't good enough.
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#5 xxx

xxx
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 12:08 AM

what a noob crit. Sin is better.

#6 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:46 AM

i work alot now...so.....imma need that autotrainer, whenever you get a chance

"Wake Up!!" 

#7 Rodeo

Rodeo
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 01:48 PM

Lawl

#8 alo113

alo113
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 08:27 PM

i work alot now...so.....imma need that autotrainer, whenever you get a chance

PM sent, although I couldn't find an emoji of a dead horse being kicked.

Piddy you should post up your level 40 you're most proud of. Haha oh wait...

#9 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 12:34 AM

Now now piddy I'm sure the time invested in this character was well worth the missed life experiences.
Freek ingame.

#10 alo113

alo113
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 01:53 AM

Now now piddy I'm sure the time invested in this character was well worth the missed life experiences.

Yes, sitting in my dorm playing Nightmist while away at University was such a regret. I missed out on being right there along side my friends getting drunk and making poor life decisions. Ahhh the Glory Days...

Lawl

#11 xxx

xxx
  • Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 08:39 AM

whats a auto trainer?

#12 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 07:41 PM

Chiquita was the best. Mage with devastate.

I'll admit that I have no clue the current state of this game but last I knew there was only one mage with it on the multi-alt server? (hopefully I didn't just date myself and there are still two servers)

I'll also have to say that even though I clearly could grind harder than anyone else training wise, my druid wasn't close to the potential that Xist/Neo/w/e it's new name is. 302 HP at level 30 for an elf druid was nice. I believe it was a 5 stat to boot.

Mage with devastate>all you noobs though

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#13 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 09:11 PM

Chiquita was awesome!!

I think Squee(sp?) should get a shout out on this too.. I don't know much about his crit but that guy only played 1 crit on multi in its prime and was successful.

Edited by Gnarkill, 08 July 2015 - 09:13 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#14 Adultery

Adultery
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 02:25 AM

aside from aj auto training his fighter to 40, the dude bought or won his stuff legit. 

plus hes a top notch guy!

so big ups my friend! 

Adultery - Diabolic-Clorox

#15 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:57 PM

still haven't had time to install that up yet aj.   :(

I cant wait for it to be me running back and forth in Resthaven for 6 hours starving to death not once but twice. :D

my fighter is  27 14 20 22 14 13 with 540 hps and 9 stam.  the stats suck but it hardly matters, still never misses and cses 4-7x a round and only took 1/3rd the grinding exp.

devastate was a good old school spell, but most players will see beam does more damage by lvl 33-35 sadly

edit:  The single greatest crit on NM is Hoggle(old Tomoe) it only farmed 10k shades used to rape GM scrubs 100s of times with a lvl 31 ling thief/29 mage/35 druid combination.  Truely game-changing. 

Edited by Terron, 09 July 2015 - 01:01 PM.

"Wake Up!!" 

#16 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:01 PM

Congratulations on getting to 40 AJ! I'm so proud of you. 

Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#17 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 08:55 PM

Chiquita was awesome!!

As equipped, the stats are as follows: Str: 25, Int: 19, Dex: 22, Con: 18, Wis: 11, Chr: 10.  Armor: 75ac

Thanks for the mentions. Chiquita would round that fighter and we only ever got to level 30. 50-60 mosh wins and multiple other tournaments/events. Plus you can't beat a crit named after a banana...

Edited by Raylen, 07 September 2015 - 08:56 PM.

+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#18 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 09:42 PM

If we are talking main only equips then maybe, but with one alt equips added etc, then nah fighter would round mage. Devastate is kind of a awesome when 30 was max type of thing. Nowadays beam does more damage and is cheaper. Single greatest crit is my opinion would have to be a single crit that was lacking stuff and still smashing people. Too bad i dont have any suggestions.

Peacemaker both servers.

#19 Rodeo

Rodeo
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:09 PM

Talon..period. don't know if any of you know him but u have ran across him on multiple games in the past 15 or so years and he never had the best or claimed to be the best just went around ping like he owned any game he played.

#20 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:50 PM

Talon..period. don't know if any of you know him but u have ran across him on multiple games in the past 15 or so years and he never had the best or claimed to be the best just went around ping like he owned any game he played.

I don't think Talon made his way to Nightmist and if he did he must not have left a big impression on me unless it was under a different name. I know I've seen crits named Talon on both servers over the years but its not a name that was familiar with pking or winning pk events or anything to me. I would be interested to know if he played NM and played under a different name here though because we have had our fair share of good pkers over the years. 

then again he might have played pre-reset as I came along just after the big reset.

Edited by Gnarkill, 12 September 2015 - 06:51 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#21 Rodeo

Rodeo
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:29 PM

I would hope he was here under a alias or maybe he's a mud urban legend.
I would hope he was here under a alias or maybe he's a mud urban legend.

#22 Fieldmedic

Fieldmedic
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:25 AM

I forgot I had this account, and the old as raylens balls email that this was registered too; but a personal favorite of mine was that Rappy fellow

btw hi guys

high five for the game still being alive?

Edited by Fieldmedic, 13 September 2015 - 10:32 AM.

Because the game is dead and I dont care.

#23 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:39 PM

Amen on that high five.

P.S.  Did you know that halfling warriors consistently practice high fives, so when the need arises they can uppercut half-orc and human warriors in the nuts and defeat them in combat.........

"Wake Up!!" 

#24 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 03:14 AM

Single Greatest Crit Ever? Why MasterLocke of course.

-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#25 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:31 AM

You guys remember that little bag of Gold that went running around and everyone would try and pick him up at SGH (WHEN SGH WAS COOL)? 

Yeah, I think that guy wins.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#26 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 03 March 2016 - 04:49 AM

lol

"Wake Up!!" 

#27 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 10:15 PM

My crit was the greatest pking thief on 1a. He was a party killing machine.

I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#28 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 September 2016 - 07:01 AM

Single Greatest Crit Ever? Why MasterLocke of course.

Hahah holy nuts. I just saw on my profile, "theoriginalmasterlocke" viewed it. Guessing you saw this post and wondered who I was. I tried to PM you, but you have it set to not receive PMs or you need approval from a forum moderator here maybe? Not sure. But if you see this post you should fix it or email me. My email is in my profile, I won't post it here due to spam bots that gather them.

Anywho sorry to take the thread off topic, but I wanted to get his attention since I can't PM him. Always fun to talk with old friends. Speaking of old friends, Ste(Stigmata) where the hell are you?!

PS: Hi Josh and friends <3

Edited by Exor, 29 September 2016 - 07:08 AM.

-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#29 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 28 January 2023 - 03:37 PM

I would have to say that Djinn is probably the greatest crit ever....or maybe Prophet....that dude is so sexy ....

Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

#30 Nerve

Nerve
  • Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 January 2023 - 04:54 AM

Oh good, we are necroing 7 year old forum posts now? Ill get started on Thief class discussion section next. :P

Edited by Nerve, 31 January 2023 - 04:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users