Photo

The Ability To Cancel Morph

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: The Ability To Cancel Morph (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Should you be able to cancel morph?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:12 PM

Its come to my attention while training, that i came to a ktp to get into a city and couldnt un morph to heal myself... would it not be sensible to just add an unmorph option since people can just log off/on anyway?
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#2 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:14 PM

If a Druid is skilled enough to take on the form of an animal, then they should be able to revert to their humanoid form just as easily, if not more easily; supported, as long as it costs 100 mana as usual to morph again (so it can't be used to cancel and remorph to get by the 5-minute limit).

ADDENDUM: Should premature unmorphing have a mana cost too? Mana cost possibly dependent on how long it would have taken to unmorph naturally from the point that you cast the unmorph spell?

ADDENDUM DUO: Disagreeing with myself a little... unmorph mana cost can be bypassed by logging.

Edited by Crane, 22 April 2007 - 12:33 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#3 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:44 PM

Unsupported. I thought the whole point of morphing was so you couldn't cast spells for a certain period of time, but given a signifigant hit rate and damage increase, being able to manipulate this ability seems unfair, and makes druids even stronger than they are now.

Druids in multi are pretty fair, but druids in 1alt are pretty powerful and can do alot, so lets make them able to anything whenever they want and atleast not limit them to stay with their form of training/attack for awhile? Yeah okay, bad idea.

Psychotic

Edited by Ryuku, 22 April 2007 - 12:55 PM.

#4 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:51 PM

This isnt just for ktp mosnters... this is for druids ability to fight bosses too, i think for 100 mana cost druids should be able to unmorph
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#5 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:04 PM

This isnt just for ktp mosnters... this is for druids ability to fight bosses too, i think for 100 mana cost druids should be able to unmorph

I don't want to shoot your idea down, Emma, but 100 mana to unmorph just to heal with either your Heal spell or by morphing again (totalling 200 mana), you might as well just use an Advanced Healing Potion... it is a lot more efficient on economy of space in your inventory.

My idea of mana usage here would be that it costs less mana to unmorph the nearer you are to it wearing off naturally anyway; for example, it could cost 100 mana if you unmorph right after morphing, but only 20 mana if you have a minute left. (My example formula: Mana Cost = Time Left (in seconds) ÷ 3)

Edited by Crane, 22 April 2007 - 05:08 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#6 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:02 PM

I feel that druids are already plenty powerful, if we add an un-morph ability, they'd be able to dominate moshes even further.
Un-morphing could be something that would be good in situations, but I don't think it is a fair thing to add really.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#7 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 06:32 PM

i realized this after i voted yes.....when you morph you get complete health restore, adding an unmorph would allow for infinite hp as long as you have the mana so although technically i voted yes, my current opinion is now a NO.

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#8 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 07:46 PM

How much health do you gain when you morph? I was under the impression it was 100, but I morphed Titania earlier and only gained 50.

If you unmorph soon after morphing, the mana cost should be very high. You can get infinite health already by morphing, logging off, logging on, morphing, logging off, logging on... you get the idea!

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#9 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 08:44 PM

I'm pretty sure its 100 health given when you morph..
Disaster ingame.

#10 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:58 PM

Unsupported. I agree with Gaddy, if unmorph was avalible people would morph to take on certian things, then unmorph to do something diffrent. I.E. Fighting a mage 1v1, Morphs to heal, then Leeches the mages mana so the mage cant attack then unmorphs so it can do damage (Stormwrath) since mages have high armor spelled) So the mage is mana less and the druid can keep morphing to heal and just use all the mages mana.. :)
Freek ingame.

#11 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:03 AM

Like Crane already said, why even bother having a 100 mana use if you can log anyway to get rid of it.

Making it cost nothing would make it overpowing.

But maybe..

Since you gain hp when you morph (pretty much switching mp for hp), maybe it work in reverse for un-morphing?

#12 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:12 PM

I think it'd be hilarious if a druid morphed and died because their body couldn't handle the rapid body changes.
Posted Image

#13 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 01:57 AM

The druid itself obviously has enough intelligence to be able to morph into an animal, but once its morphed into that animal, its simply just a creature. How does a bear know how to transform back into a human or elf?

It makes sense that the effects have to wear off.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#14 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:50 AM

That is true; if the morphed druids cannot cast any spells, how could they force their entire body to change?
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#15 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 05:18 AM

Think of it like holding your breath. You just need to release it.

Or maybe a better analogy would be holding yourself in a really uncomfortable position, like standing on your head. You obviously can't do things you would normally standing up and it's pretty difficult to get up there (not to mention it requires a fair bit of practice). But coming down off that headstand is pretty easy, given, there's still the chance you'll botch it and hit your head off the corner of a table.
Posted Image

#16 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:47 PM

At KTP/log-to bosses you cannot simply log and relog. Id support this with a mana cost to unmorph, perhaps 50mana

#17 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:30 PM

It was suggested a long long time ago that unmorphing costs mana, and as an extra draw back, you lose the HP you gained by morphing in the first place.
It's just awkward having to log off/on to unmorph. This isn't even something just for lazy people (like 90% of other additions), this is actually a logic advancement.

To take the idea further, unmorphing cost can be determined by how long you've been morphed (to expand on Crane above), where unmorphing within the first 30s would cost 150mp, 30s - 1m 100mp, 1m - 1:30m 50mp, after 1:30 just 20mp.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users