An Overlooked Part Of 1a,

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Gecko

Gecko
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:40 PM

erm... i know the staff are usually busy and dont want to be bothered by such things as runnign a mosh or the other events "triplex etc etc". so, make it so players can run such events, i nkow there is a mosh command that players can use to start a mosh and its 50k on main... but its 50k on 1a too!? there shud be a difference in the costs just like there was a change in the price of the ferry back from Tirantek. put other commands in so that players can run all the events if the staff are busy. im sure players wouldnt mind spending 5k for a mosh, or even 5k for triplex, the russian roulette would be crazy... it could make the game even more interesting!!

Edited by Gecko, 15 November 2007 - 11:42 PM.

#2 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 15 November 2007 - 11:46 PM

Or hire one staff member that their specific job is to run all events and make moshes/interact with the players and not deal with development.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#3 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:25 AM

a.k.a elf b4 new server came out

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#4 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:26 AM

Sounds like something I'd be good at.

Definately need more staff/player interaction.

#5 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:04 AM

Ok I nominate T for staff on NM solo ;) :)
Vote Fearless ! :ph34r:
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#6 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:39 AM

I would support a cheaper mosh price on the 1-alt server, simply because it is far easier to collect large values of gold on the multi-alt server. Maybe not as cheap as 5k though, but maybe 10k.

I've always supported measures that help the player-base become less dependent on the staff, so the ability for the not-so-rich to run moshes I am definitely up for... we might see some interesting gladiatorial spectacles.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#7 Gecko

Gecko
  • Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:39 AM

ya but if they dont want to elect a new staff then :-P i'd just rather have it so i can run a triplex if i want, everyone shud be able to start an event equally if they have to gold. could make the game take a whole new edge if people start the roulette with 10k buy in, could be a gambling spectacle easy way for low lvls to make gold if they enter. keep postingggg

#8 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 05:59 AM

Moshes/triplex are fun, and player sponsoring them would be a good idea, but while we acknowledge the absence of an events coordinator, I'll reiterate a post from a few weeks ago.

If the gods had the good sense to promote me from mortal status there would be quests everyday.

Granted, some of them would just be "follow the gold trail into a big hole you can't get out of", or "Woops! 'Gatehouse' means 'pit of asps' on opposite Friday!", but there would also be "Kill the secret spy who is carrying lots of gold!" In addition to that, for fans of tradition I could even do "Click on a tiny square a ten-thousand times to get the obligatory loot!"

You chumps don't know what you're missing.

C'mon guys, I'll throw you into pits of snakes, and let you club people running through a gauntlet. Mostly It'll be pits of snakes, but also the fun stuff too.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#9 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:22 AM

Why run events?
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#10 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:55 AM

Gives people something to do and something to feel accomplished about.. Everyone loved triplex, etc on the multi alt server.. and also for player/staff interaction which seems very little at the moment..

#11 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:43 AM

Why have staff that is barely active?

Ah.... the unanswered questions of life, right up there with..

If you have a cold hot pocket, is it just a pocket?
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#12 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:44 AM

Interaction has inevitably led to complaints, threats, insults, and accusations, which have led to avoiding such direct staff to player interaction.
Or in my case, simply lack of any action...also from not having internet in my house, which is ridiculous.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#13 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:53 AM

ok guess that harrassment/accusations/insults goes with being a staff member....
as for No internet in your house... then how/why are you a staff? :ph34r:

Edited by Redheart, 18 November 2007 - 04:54 AM.

" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#14 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 07:44 AM

Honestly if we have inactive staff, then wouldn't more be needed? And you should have known that with the job would come those things.. if you weren't ready to face that then why accept the position..
Gaddy- No, we do not need any more sysops. To my knowledge, everyone on the current staff team is very against any new sysops being put on right now.

With no real staff interaction the game is less interesting and fun when i thought the point was to keep people interested in playing.. that is not really happening..
Gaddy- Azure and Trev have run quests on both servers? There is plenty being done by sysops; it just means we avoid going straight to direct player work because it opens us to being called cheaters.

People loved events and found it fun to participate in them as something to do and for prestige.. I for one remember when triplex had so many people wanting in it was limited and you had to be the fastest to page.. that was fun.. Events need to start coming back and have staff that actually interact with the players..
Gaddy- On NM-main, the events became ignored. On NM-1alt, the playing field is not nearly level enough to run many of the events. Clans would simply dominate certain things, and we (sysops) would be accused of cheating due to how the events have always worked.
For many of the events to be open to players to run would make them pretty pointless, due to the transfer of the items, etc.

You need to find people that can handle insults, abuse, etc and know how to handle it. And those that will ACTUALLY make the attempt to do so not just give up on the game.. that is not keeping people interested when nothing is done..
Gaddy- Who has "given up" on the game? Trev, Azure, Scipto, Elf, and I are still around.
However, to claim we should put up with it is stupid. That is why old productive sysops are gone. That is why many of the quality and fun players are gone.
I am still in full swing of simply banning anyone who bothers me enough, because sysops job does not entail being harassed, and it should never have gotten to where any players think it does.

#15 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 12:54 PM

Allowing players to run triplex would just be impossible. Though i would support reducing the cost to run a mosh to 10k.

Hiring more staff specifically to run all the events is the worst idea i've heard. I've been in the position when i ran 99% of the events on multi for a long time, and the attitude from players while in the event combined with the demands upon time was one of the reasons I stepped down in the first place.

Elf runs quite a few moshes and I run the odd one with cash prizes. But currently on 1alt I am the only active staff member capable of large scale development, equipment/weapon balancing and quest building. I'm currently working on the xmas quest, level 30+ items, new challenges for higher levels and the leveling system past arch. So I simply don't have time to do everything!!

If jlh could code it so that roulette would tp everyone to an arena, cost 5k to enter, leave a monster hitting 10000 damage at random every 30seconds which would wipe out 1 player at a time.. and the last person to die collects the pot, or something of the sort with a nopk mosh arena then fine. But likely hood is he wont.
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#16 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 02:05 AM

I think Emma and Gaddy pretty much nailed everything on the head..

Yes I know I am very much inactive right now, but its definably not my choice being as I don't not only have Internet I don't really have a place to live and just staying here and there and every where.

I also agree that there is no need for more staff.

As for events, I would be cool if they could be more automated so players could run them but I don't see that happening anytime soon or that much effort coming in on JLH's side.

And for events not being ran. I can't speak much for 1alt since I was not one that really played that much because everyone knows I <3 Multi. But after Emma stepped down and I picked up running the events for a while it was fine for a while.. then it came to the point where I was begging people to join because no one wanted to do them.. Ever try and run a TripleX with only 3 people.. ya its a pretty stupid and waste of time.. so I stopped running them.. so that was not staff fault.. that was just lack of players ambition to play the events...

All the time I got at the moment to rant about the events.. if I get a chance later I will write something else on them...

~Scripto
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users