Main

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5237 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 07:20 PM

I am going to memo spam both of you with run-on writing soon.
I haven't seen much in the way of suggestions that don't basically eliminate use of the current system, which works fairly well---just a couple of rough spots that we run into with large groups of thieves and berserkers. So, I continue to think in terms of leaving the system as it is but providing additional paths toward leveling.

A memo about crafting made me think of a new option / route -
Perhaps a common drop from Malok and Time Knight when they don't drop Emerald Dagger or Blade of Time could be combined to make leveling items. The same could be looked at with Bolted Chest's Sapphire Shard and Credenza's Giant Aquamarine, even Ku'Nal dropping Mana Core.
e.g. -
10 Mithril Shards --> Mithril Sword (common drop currently sold for 10k, weapon that already levels thieves and berserkers)
Add null-drop replacement Malok providing the same end-game (Mithril Shards to make more Mithril Sword or use a thief-only option)

This avoids the impact on their main drops of Blade of Time and Emerald Dagger, but gives just about double-value to killing Time Knight and Malok relative to leveling berserkers and thieves. If issues persist, you could look at Sapphire Shards / Sapphire Gems being stacked to make Frostborn's Razor or the sort to continue adding leveling items, but I would suggest starting with one and seeing how manageable that becomes.

Thoughts?
Obviously, this is not a whole alternate system - just an addition to the current system that seems reasonable to me...
Note - I would suggest making a new item instead of Sapphire Shard. I don't think Mithril Shard drops have stacked to massive numbers, but I know Sapphire Shards are in large hordes. It might be unfair to suddenly grant them leveling capacity since years of collections would suddenly have tons of value.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#32 Slam

Slam
  • Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 February 2016 - 08:17 PM

well that is somewhat what i was talking about

A drop from bosses for the times that they dont drop that could be used for leveling.

YES adding a certain amount of them to craft the item from null drops would make alot of sense to me and id agree

lets say with your mithril shard story 10 mithril shards add a 100k money order in there with em and bam you got an item you can level with

Sounds good i like it!

like walt has been farming tk for bot's 40 kills to get 1 thats over a month for 1 drop thats ridiculous now with that system which you a refering after 10 times oh my he coulda made a lvling item

about sapphire shards being in quantity isnt they why plat coins were made is to burn large quantities i think they should be put to use haha to get rid of them a lil

Edited by Slam, 17 February 2016 - 08:50 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Main

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users