Photo

Zerkers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
76 replies to this topic

Poll: Are Zerkers Overpowered Only Vote If Your Zerker Is Level 28+ (94 member(s) have cast votes)

Are Zerkers Overpowered Only Vote If Your Zerker Is Level 28+

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#31 TheNobleOne

TheNobleOne
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 05:23 PM

You can't say they are overpowered as the class is perfectly balanced unless they are spelled. And any class that is spelled that uses physical attacks is overpowered.

#32 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 07 July 2004 - 04:54 AM

if zerkers overpowerd how come in duels 2 rangers and cleric most of the time beat 2 zerks and cleric?
Astinus on 1alt Only

#33 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 July 2004 - 12:41 AM

Dude...They're just not overpowering...ok...I have a level 23 fighter and 22 zerk (I didn't vote, I just posted), and my fighter always beats the zerk with hp to spare. And who cares about being spelled up. We're not talking about being spelled up. Any crit spelled up is potentially dangerous. And if it's really bugging you so bad, get a zerker and fight back. Also, berserkers miss most of the time as posted above. If I hit three times I feel good. And you don't always hit for those devastating numbers. That's just once in a while. I say zerkers stay 6 stam and the way they are.

#34 SouthJERsey

SouthJERsey
  • Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 01:45 PM

Zerkers are 1 class clerics are another. Zerkers by themselves are not over powered at all.And if a person decided to use a cleric with it then so be it....

its a part of the game and i doubt its going to change so stop crying

#35 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 04:00 AM

"They are worthless without a cleric"
- Tell me SOMEONE that runs around with 2 berserkers and no cleric! 95% of the time there's a cleric in the party, 95% of the time the berserkers are incredibly, patheticly over powered.

"They do damage with berserk AND lose hp while they do it"
- Aw, really? With a cleric (95% of the time, once again) they do what at level 30? 300-400 damage on a full round, on others players (halflings with 23 dex, for example) and loose how much? 25 hp? They hit for about 130% of the enemy's total HP and loose 5% of their own? Poor zerkers...

Anymore arguments...?

Um duh, Dont bring clerics into the discussion. zerks are not overpowered without a cleric, and if u think that they are overpowered with a cleric, then its not the zerk, its the Cleric. After all, its the clerics spells that are making it hit more. If zerks arent spelled, they are just as balanced as every other class... so if u wanna complain about dieing to "overpowered" zerks too much, do sumthing about clerics...
Aequitas In-Game

#36 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 04:36 PM

- Tell me SOMEONE that runs around with 2 berserkers and no cleric! 95% of the time there's a cleric in the party, 95% of the time the berserkers are incredibly, patheticly over powered.

- Aw, really? With a cleric (95% of the time, once again) they do what at level 30? 300-400 damage on a full round, on others players (halflings with 23 dex, for example) and loose how much? 25 hp? They hit for about 130% of the enemy's total HP and loose 5% of their own? Poor zerkers...

Anymore arguments...?

Um duh, Dont bring clerics into the discussion. zerks are not overpowered without a cleric, and if u think that they are overpowered with a cleric, then its not the zerk, its the Cleric. After all, its the clerics spells that are making it hit more. If zerks arent spelled, they are just as balanced as every other class... so if u wanna complain about dieing to "overpowered" zerks too much, do sumthing about clerics...

wow your so dumb

EVERY PLAYER INGAME exept myself uses a cleric for their party leader
meaning there is ALWAYS a cleric
Page/Memo Beatrix

#37 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 06:37 PM

Kill the cleric first then? Knowing someones party leader and dropping that first is what a smart person would do.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#38 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 29 October 2004 - 10:50 PM

Anymore arguments...?

wow your so dumb

EVERY PLAYER INGAME exept myself uses a cleric for their party leader
meaning there is ALWAYS a cleric

Yeah, i know everyone uses a cleric, but the only reason zerks are as good as they are is because they have the cleric with them, without the cleric, the zerks are just the same as everything else. the cleric MAKES the zerk better, do sumthing about the cleric if u want sumthing done, u cannot change a class because wut another class does to it.
Aequitas In-Game

#39 lowmion

lowmion
  • Members
  • 247 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 01:21 AM

Actually not everyone uses a cleric, lol.

And you're talking about fighting outside of town arn't you, Not in Pete's ?

And as Thunderja says, all you have to do is kill the cleric first. :P

#40 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 30 October 2004 - 03:33 PM

Actually not everyone uses a cleric, lol.

And you're talking about fighting outside of town arn't you, Not in Pete's ?

And as Thunderja says, all you have to do is kill the cleric first. :P

cool then they still have rf and click off all your alts ?
Page/Memo Beatrix

#41 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 02:41 AM

This is really fun to watch...But I guess I'll rejoin...People complaining...Just spell up YOUR crits with rf and stuff. All players have the ability, so there is no imbalance. All of you have the option of having a zerk and cleric, and if you don't want it then tough...That's your decision.

#42 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 07:23 PM

This is really fun to watch...But I guess I'll rejoin...People complaining...Just spell up YOUR crits with rf and stuff. All players have the ability, so there is no imbalance. All of you have the option of having a zerk and cleric, and if you don't want it then tough...That's your decision.

k just remove all classes cept cleric and zerker

thats only way nm would semi take skill anymore
Page/Memo Beatrix

#43 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 03:44 AM

Rappy give it up...you lose...Get over yourself...So you get Pked by zerkers....waaa...go cry about it wus

#44 TimmyRamone

TimmyRamone
  • Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 02 November 2004 - 05:41 PM

pwnd.
I haven't got any illusions about anything. Having said that, I still want to try to change things.
-Joe Strummer

#45 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 04:42 AM

Smite does not work everytime you do it you have a good chance of missing as well. Smite does ignore armor thats why it is easier to be clicked by them. MOst zerks cannot click a ling/dwarf fighter or dwarf/elf clerics. It is all fine the way it is so stop complaining.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#46 Angelic

Angelic
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 05:46 AM

Wow.. Berserkers hit hard... so what? They have absolutely no armor (although Half-orcs do have 5 armor, they also max out at 16 dexterity... hard trade if you ask me.), miss a lot and hurt themselves when they use skills. Mages and Druids get Godly amounts of armor and can cast very strong spells. Rangers get very nice armor and are still able to hit hard and fast. Clerics and Paladins can heal themselves and buff themselves up. Fighters get 100+ armor without spells and can take and deal a lot of damage. Thieves can hit hard with Assassinate, even without being covert first...

...Why complain about Berserkers hitting hard when so many other classes can do the same thing and more? Every class has it's strengths and weaknesses... live with it.
Ç®åz¥ Åñgë£ äká º»½ GøôĞ G ½ ßåĞ G«º

Crith/Angelic in-game.

#47 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:24 AM

Nice.

#48 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:11 PM

<span style='font-family:Courier'><span style='font-family:Arial'>Rappy give it up...you lose...Get over yourself...So you get Pked by zerkers....waaa...go cry about it wus</span></span>

first of all no person with zerkers can beat me anymore

and secendly get to the place when you can even be a match for me before you talk smack newb
Page/Memo Beatrix

#49 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 12:08 AM

what u on about zerkers over powered?

i got 6 (arch), they are totally crap if u ever see me using them for anything other than certian bosses then slap my wrists. :P
Feck Off

#50 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 01:45 AM

what u on about zerkers over powered?

i got 6 (arch), they are totally crap if u ever see me using them for anything other than certian bosses then slap my wrists. :P

k tom use rf and hance and just zerk a normal perosn even if its with hally watch what happens
Page/Memo Beatrix

#51 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 02:39 AM

Rappy shut the f word up. You are so dumb it isn't even funny. YOU CAN SPELL UP TOO! Do you use Rangers? If so, then when you spell up, it hits really hard too. Any class as a matter of fact does. Stop whining, quit bragging, and just quit this game already.

#52 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 02:55 PM

Rappy shut the f word up. You are so dumb it isn't even funny. YOU CAN SPELL UP TOO! Do you use Rangers? If so, then when you spell up, it hits really hard too. Any class as a matter of fact does. Stop whining, quit bragging, and just quit this game already.

your right a ranger can top a max of 300 pvp zerkers can do almost 3 times that with no effort spelled PVP on something with full eq
Page/Memo Beatrix

#53 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 06 November 2004 - 03:45 PM

Spelled up rangers can hit 600+ against zerkers

#54 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 01:15 AM

But unspelled? It would go to the ranger. Give up Rappy...You suck...Face it.

#55 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 12:40 PM

Spelled up rangers can hit 600+ against zerkers

*Can* In my experience, they don't. All the time i had rangers and used them a lot, i never once clicked a zerker. I got clicked a lot though :P

As for zerkers, i agree that with RF/Enhance they're pretty devastating, and as has been suggested, perhaps the spells are the issue, and not the zerker.

However, without spells, they're pretty much 100% luck. My arch zerker with cobalt in a mosh a week or so ago managed to click Belief (mage) with 4 stam, which amused me (i assume he had no armor spells on). Then i was left 1v1 against Fearless (ranger). You'd have thought an arch zerker with a 10 mil weapon would have it made, but no! I hit him something like 2/12 (for about 80 dam i think), and he hit me 9/9 (for 60-70 dam) and i lost!

Anyway, don't know if i have much of a point here, but yeah ^_^
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#56 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 12:34 AM

the only way a zerk is over powered is spelled, thats a fact,,,, unspelled they suck, but spelled they round nething wit ease, so u dont agree wit this, u need fight some more zerks and find out for ur self
Primex ingame

#57 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:20 AM

Smite does not work everytime you do it you have a good chance of missing as well. Smite does ignore armor thats why it is easier to be clicked by them. MOst zerks cannot click a ling/dwarf fighter or dwarf/elf clerics. It is all fine the way it is so stop complaining.

I've gotta strongly disagree here. I have had Gaddy rounded by as little as 3 stam from a zerk. Usually 4. It happens plenty.---tends to happen in duels I must add though. I don't have my crits hit very often anywhere though, so I stopped caring about the zerk business ages ago.

I agree with what Rapid_Death said, being that the problem is in the cleric spellig. Righteous Fury is the real problem. It adds even more strength ontop of enhance, and ontop of that it adds a LARGE ammount of hitting chance.
Change RF to only work in Player vs. Monster and cancel when the player hits the player. It would solve many of the rounding problems NM has---and I think rounding is a problem---any race of any arch class (except for mages without AoP because it'd be dumb to have arches dealing less than 230 damage on things with 50ac).---so if you don't think rounding arches is a problem, I suppose it'd be fairly easy to disagree with me.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#58 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 05:25 AM

the only way a zerk is over powered is spelled, thats a fact,,,, unspelled they suck, but spelled they round nething wit ease, so u dont agree wit this, u need fight some more zerks and find out for ur self

Not always so bad unspelled. They can get really hard rounds in without any spells, it just isn't very common. I would say that they're on a fairly even scale without spells, not underpowered at least, when unspelled. Smite hits fairly often agianst monsters, very little against players if you do not have spells on though. Berserk hits very little on monsters and players as far as I've ever seen rounds without spells, but when they get in a fairly good round (4+ stam on zerk), many classes can be rounded by just those 55-85 damage hits.

Either way, I feel that without spells, zerks are on an even scale with other classes (rather than being crappy or pathetic), but the fact that their 'weakness' is being inconsistent makes it so that one spell overpowers them enormously, which has always seemed kind of dumb to me, but like I said in my last post...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#59 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 06:45 AM

You all are right, zerker is only overpowered when spelled, answer me this, when isn't a zerker spelled?

Edited by Ryuku, 09 November 2004 - 06:46 AM.

#60 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:23 PM

answer me this: why do u keep affiliating zerks with clerics? The zerkers themselves arent overpowered.. yes, they are spelled when theyre with clerics and sum people think they are overpowered, but its not the Zerk that is overpowered, its the zerk when they are spelled, like said b4, if u dont like zerks -when they are spelled- then do sumthing about the clerics spells...
Aequitas In-Game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users