Smite

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Satan

Satan
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 01:03 AM

Ok, we all know it. Smite is way to overpowered. 6 stamina assassinate and u lose 20hp omg 20 out of 520.

This definately needs to be reduced or something because they can own any class now (big armor with smite, and low armor crits with beserk)

Post your thoughts here.

#2 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 01:41 AM

Today in PT both my 23 dex rangers were smited(first try) while the zerkers were divine lighted...i know its luck and all..but wtf, just makes me hate zerkers more

#3 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 01:53 PM

Thieves can still covert

/shrug
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#4 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 05:18 AM

Thieves own. Though they need to assassinate for more PvM.

#5 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 02:42 AM

Theives should get a new ability to help make them more unique. Berserkers ARE slightly (well, maybe not slightly), overpowered.

But berserkers don't have any armor, doesn't that make them easy even though they have lots of hp? Besides, the maximum dex they have have is 19 (without spells).

#6 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 04:01 AM

yet they still round/click crits with 23 dex no problem

#7 Short

Short
  • Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 10:07 AM

Ok, we all know it. Smite is way to overpowered. 6 stamina assassinate and u lose 20hp omg 20 out of 520.

first off they only lose 10 hp for smiting

and thieves hit alot more often with assassinate.

smite doesnt hit very often and it pure luck to hit hard with it.

#8 Satan

Satan
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 02:58 PM

Thieves may hit more but do you ever see them clicking arch rangers/clerics/druids. No.

6 stam assassinate needs to be brought down soem damage at this point and time they can kill anything.

#9 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 03:23 AM

Thieves may hit more but do you ever see them clicking arch rangers/clerics/druids. No.

6 stam assassinate needs to be brought down soem damage at this point and time they can kill anything.

My Arch zerker with 509 hp (Dwarven: 21 x 18 21 12 x) got assassinated today by an arch thief.

smite dudnt hit often and rarely hits so hard

Well, ask a few select people and youll find out that my arch berserker smite (one-click also) expert perfectly healthy berserkers 75% of the time..

Berserkers do need some kind of degration, but it doesn't have to do with offense, berserkers need something like, HP lowered, Taking off the 5+ armor with a halforc, or a stamina taken off.
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#10 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 05 August 2004 - 11:15 PM

anything to lower them is what they need :P
Page/Memo Beatrix

#11 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 02:43 PM

Make em' have to be in rage mode to berserk :P, that'll lower their overpoweredness enough.

#12 Repair_man_man_man

Repair_man_man_man
  • Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:13 PM

How about the amout of damage done to the zerker when they smite is a precentage of what the acctual smite is. Like say, an eighth(yeah that's too high, but I just picked a random number) of the smite is done to you. And if the smite fails, just make it like 10 or whatever it is now. I guess it could work, but whatever.
I have seen the top of the Mountian, and It is good.

#13 Satan

Satan
  • Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:52 PM

Scatterlee - Theres no way a 509 zerk could get clicked by a thief. The maximum damage I have ever seen was about 450 with full equips and full spells, so you must have been damaged slightly if not alot.

#14 Zeppelin

Zeppelin
  • Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 06:10 PM

Just frikin roll a zerker and train it...That way everyone's happy. :P

#15 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 13 August 2004 - 12:33 AM

Make em' have to be in rage mode to berserk :P, that'll lower their overpoweredness enough.

I seriously like this idea.

#16 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 06:13 AM

Thieves need 6stam :P

#17 Penguin

Penguin

cummins powaaah

• Members
  • 982 posts

Posted 16 August 2004 - 03:56 PM

thieves are fine

#18 The Matrix

The Matrix
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 August 2004 - 03:21 PM

I seriously like this idea.

/nod

#19 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 01:45 AM

Just frikin roll a zerker and train it...That way everyone's happy. :P

rofl just stfu

everyone shouldent have to use zerkers its a total skill-less class and its just lame
Page/Memo Beatrix

#20 Someone

Someone
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 05:50 AM

Just frikin roll a zerker and train it...That way everyone's happy.  :P

rofl just stfu

everyone shouldent have to use zerkers its a total skill-less class and its just lame

It seems that one way or another someone feels that way towards just about every class. I don't get how you can really call it skill-less, they all are a matter of getting a decent roll, knowing who you can take out, and who you shouldn't hang out with dependent on your strengths and weaknesses. Other than that all the classes tend to come down to the skill of clicking someone elses name before they click yours and hoping you don't miss :P
Öö`°´Ångél`°´öÖ

#21 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 02:09 PM

you dont even fight pvp so be quiet
Page/Memo Beatrix

#22 Someone

Someone
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 August 2004 - 08:25 PM

you dont even fight pvp so be quiet

You don't even know who I am in game. I haven't told anyone, besides this is a message board and the point is to discuss so there is no sense in being quiet.
Öö`°´Ångél`°´öÖ

#23 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 06:58 AM

Scatterlee - Theres no way a 509 zerk could get clicked by a thief. The maximum damage I have ever seen was about 450 with full equips and full spells, so you must have been damaged slightly if not alot.

No, its more than possible, Gauntlets of Virtue, Emerald Dagger, and spells a thief can click anything in game.
Sublime - 1a.

#24 Tiomat

Tiomat
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 11:08 AM

Id like to see a thief do over 500 damage. If an arch dwarf thief has an emerald dagger, and up to 33 str (equip + spells) it can barely do 450 damage. Even in a shady area thats only up to 480, im seeing a bit of a problem there. To do 500 damage the theif would need to have 36 str :P and be extremely lucky.

#25 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 01:40 PM

granite ammy ?
Page/Memo Beatrix

#26 Tiomat

Tiomat
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2004 - 06:40 PM

... wow, +1 str. so thats 34 str, out of the 36 needed? You still arnt gonna round a fully healed zerker with over 500 HP.

#27 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 08:39 PM

thieves are awesome and zerkers are super cheater faces
I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

#28 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 07 September 2004 - 03:33 PM

my thief did 429 with a DoS and no str mods

#29 MessiahX

MessiahX
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 11:35 AM

you know rappy...you say zerks are a lame and skilless class. well for a class thats so lame...you sure do complain about getting rounded by them alotl huh?

#30 Strange

Strange
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 08:38 AM

Berserkers and thieves are fine the way they are.

Thieves can wear armors ammy's rings boots and bracletes while berserkers can only use a weapon and thats it.

they have no armor just allot of hp to balance it out.

Dont complain to Staff just because you get pwned by berserkers and you can do a dayum thing about it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users