Photo

Should Stam Be Lowered

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: should zerk stam be lowered to 5 stam

should zerk stam be lowered to 5 stam

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:02 AM

k jw wht berserker community feels...im nt asking u if u dont own a zerk cuz probably ALL of u will say "yes it should blah blah blah zerks r overpowered blah blah blah"

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#2 ShymiPunch

ShymiPunch
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 03:52 PM

Vowels are necessary in making words, but it seems you do not like to use them. You seriously need to learn how to type decently . . . It takes so long to "translate" into decent english that any interest I once had in what you were saying is lost.

:unsure:

Edit :: Ah, and I don't think that Zerker's stamina needs to be lowered.

Edited by ShymiPunch, 25 February 2005 - 03:54 PM.

#3 Eden

Eden
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:22 PM

The game can be fairly easily seperated into two categories.. crits killing bosses/monsters and crits killing other crits. In the first, zerks are a balanced class, their high damage is made up by them hurting themselves and their lack or armor. A party comprised of a bunch of zerks chewes through cleric stam at any decent boss, limiting what a player solo can kill.

But, bosses have hundreds of thousands of hps so fights last long enough for these drawbacks to come to the surface. Crits don't. When a zerk rounds another crit with 3/4 of its stam hitting, thats bad. Also, while with zerk/smite a zerk can click ANYTHING ingame, a zerk is very hard to round (almost to the point where it doesn't matter). I feel this makes for a class that is horribly unbalanced player vs. player. But eh, I'm not the first one to say this, and nothing has changed as of yet so I'm not going to hold my breath.

Oh yeah, obviously voted yes :P
They say sing while you slave and I just get bored..

#4 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 04:33 PM

I voted no (sorry Jason). Zerkers can be a little annoying at times though, perhaps lowering their hit chance a bit would help to solve these problems - in my opinion a zerker SHOULD be able to click stuff...it should just be a little less likely.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#5 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 25 February 2005 - 05:57 PM

I have a better idea, will post if I can ever be bothered :unsure:
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#6 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 02:26 AM

Lowering their dmg would result in Ranger version 2.0 no AC more hp's to make up for it.

But on the other hand, Zerkers have one great benefit. They are cheap!

<old example I know but still> Get an arch mage 2-4 mil gold... get EQ for said crit 2-3 mil <roa's amulets etc etc>. there now you can go out round halfling thieves/rangers

Berserker 1 mil gold.. weapon 50-270k <exception on Csotw>

Ranger 2 mil gold EQ 3millish <roa's aoh etc etc>

So how many "newbs" are inclined to make the 4-7 mil it takes to get a good archmaster in the game we play today? I would say not many, thus they take the easy way out and get Zerks.

People can say that Zerks are a pain to lvl... they miss alot etc etc, obviously they have never trained any rangers in their time on game. The lvl's up to Dual shot is horrible... and even after that it's pretty much horrible 'til enchanted bow.
People say that Zerks miss to much, again try a lvl 23 ranger with Dualshot/rapid fire.

In my experience with the superior fire power and stam Zerks lvl FASTER than a ranger at the same lvl simply due to 1 more stam most of them time and 50+ dmg more each hit, and even if your ranger would hit 3/3 at lvl 23 with rapid, the zerk needs 1-2 hits to do same dmg and gain same experience. It's not the stamina that worries me, it's the fact that a "Budget" crit such as berserkers dominate this game.

"Budget" Crits to the people!
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#7 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:54 PM

Lower hit rate, not stam. A strong fit person (like a fighter) would have more stamina to do things, it just fits, lower hit rate, like Raylen said, would be a better idea.

#8 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 26 February 2005 - 07:59 PM

zerk = bout 1m by time you spend the even lower value of 1.7 for bot (they go for SO cheep now days) you round stuff 9/10 times with only rf
Page/Memo Beatrix

#9 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 11:32 AM

No it should remain the same.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#10 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 04:16 PM

I think zerkers are a little overpowered at the moment, due to the fact that they get 6 stamina at level 30 and don't have to spend more than 500k on the best standard equipment.

To make things fairer, and stop the mass of players training several zerkers up to arch to pk with, simply because they are the cheapest crit - I suggest zerkers only receive 6 stamina after gaining 300mil exp.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#11 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 05:07 PM

But it's been long enough that even I am voting no as to lowering their stamina.

Well, zerks get 6 stam at level 27, and fighters get it at level 28---that's kind of gay imo...but ya know, fighters aren't all that for much of any of their stuff, more all around than all dominating at anything.

They've got a ton of strong points and a couple of weak points.
I don't really see how these things balance out, but screw it...

Strong-
-Highest damage, by far
-Top stamina (6)
-Around 200 more HP than other classes of their race (that's a lot of HP)
-Can ignore armor with smite
-Can click nearly anything without spells
-Can click everything with spells

Weak-
-They hurt themselves for a bit with each of their normally used attacks (wastes cleric stam---it's enough to make me want a cobalt for Doublemint at bosses)
-They don't have any equipable armor. (natural and spelled ac they've got)
-They miss quite a bit if they haven't got spells on them---in PvP, not all that much in player v monster.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#12 Ë£ Mëxíçåñø

Ë£ Mëxíçåñø
  • Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:10 AM

no.. and no more posting on this crap lol zerks should stay the way they are..

and gaddy nicely pointed out :unsure:
Isolation/Furio in game

#13 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 06:09 AM

josh...mr i dont use zerks...this post was for ppl who own berserkers....btw i said no myself...i was jw wht community feels like

o shut up tony

#14 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 05:53 PM

josh...mr i dont use zerks...this post was for ppl who own berserkers....btw i said no myself...i was jw wht community feels like

And you think that by having only people who own/play zerkers your going to get an honest vote count on what should be done to better the game?
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#15 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 06:01 PM

Pfft no, thats their advantage :unsure:
its like saying "Should rangers be able to use a bow?!"
How the hell would I know?

#16 Egbert

Egbert
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:10 PM

I had a level 29 zerker once.... He could own everything. They definetely need to be lowered somehow.

#17 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 11:59 PM

He doesnt USE them.... but he OWNS them.... thats exactly wut u asked... noob..
Aequitas In-Game

#18 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:54 PM

I think berserkers stamina could be reduced to 5. Reasons being while berserkers have 6 stamina, fighters lose the only thing that makes them remotely unique.

However, I think if berserkers did lose a stamina. Then their should hit slightly harder and maybe a touch more often.

This is because even with 6 stamina a berserker can miss reguarly unspelled for 4 stamina on average. If a berserker had only 5 stamina, and missed on average unspelled 4. Then they would fast become as useless as mages are at present.

I think this is a realistic idea, and as stated fighters would regain some of their originality.

^_^

Edited by Sean, 06 March 2005 - 09:57 PM.

Stadic Ingame...

#19 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 07 March 2005 - 02:54 AM

dude the game is fair quiet you

ONCE AGAIN U DONT LIKE ZERKS DONT PLAY THE GAME

fine only post if u USE zerks...happy?

o shut up tony

#20 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 09 March 2005 - 11:28 AM

Stam lowered no, but i think perhaps the lvl you get extra stam should be slowed a little, by a few lvl's make them a little more normal to train?
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#21 Lifeless Void

Lifeless Void
  • Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 05:51 PM

Stam lowered no, but i think perhaps the lvl you get extra stam should be slowed a little, by a few lvl's make them a little more normal to train?

Maybe ^_^
How the hell would I know?

#22 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 March 2005 - 07:38 PM

I agree with whats been said above...

Either lower the accuracy a bit, or raise the level you need for 6 stamina.

I vote no. Because while yes, it is very irritating to get taken out by a party of berserkers at any random time, if you can get in enough good hits, they have the disadvantage of having no armor.

Eternyte made a good point in the old forums too. o_O

(Sorry if this doesn't sound that well thought out. I've only been awake for 20 or so minutes)

What the what?

#23 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 18 March 2005 - 09:58 AM

my 2 cents is under the suggesting string ....
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#24 »Ðrøwñëd Iñ Çømplìçàtìøñ«

»Ðrøwñëd Iñ Çømplìçàtìøñ«
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 07:55 AM

umm Berserkers cant beat rangers 1 on 1. Rangers always round berserkers. but berserkers always round mages. Ranger kills berserker but cant touch mage... kinda strange really

No BErserkers are fine way they are

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users