Sick Of Pointless Pk'ers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

#1 -x-emma-x-

-x-emma-x-
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:28 AM

:( I know that the purpose of the game is to kill monsters and stuff, but is there really any point in people running around purposely killing newbies that are trying to train. it gets annoying when it has taken you ages to get to an area, or get a certain amount of gold, and some idiot comes along and kills you for no reason. :ph34r:
© Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy ©
>Nessie + Betty_Boop + Keilana<

#2 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:53 AM

I feel your pain yet can do nothing about it.

My suggestion is ignore these arseholes who think new players grow on trees and are making their own game extinct and try to find a helpful clan that will show you areas to train in where PKing is less prevalent.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#3 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:13 AM

take pleasure in knowing the people who pk you , will get it a lot worse from others when they are pk'ed in loseing more gold/exp

NO ONE is untouchable if one person can't beat them 2 will or 3 or 4...
the ongoing battle of power in nightmist :(
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#4 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:47 AM

Not to be mean but posts like this will get those people who enjoy pking to hunt you now, because it obviously gets to you.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#5 Guest_Spine_*

Guest_Spine_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:53 AM

Pking is a part of the game, I don't mind it unless I get pked alot in a short amount of time. It also is funny when the person can't round you and you run away, they get really aggravated which is pretty funny.

Generally this game has pretty lazy inactive pkers, I can normally train for a long time in the most obvious spots before a pker comes by. Then I run away after they can't round me and I get pages like omgwtf fhag running newb. It's ironic because it's normally the victim who pages complaining not the other way around, am I expected to sit around and have small talk with you while you try and kill me?

My tip would be if you're getting pked alot train somewhere else.

The more you complain about it though the more they will be gunning for you, like gnarkill said, it's funner if you get a reaction. It's also funny if you get a reaction from the pkers too though when they can't kill you.

Edited by Spine, 30 January 2006 - 04:54 AM.

#6 «¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»

«¤ºxXl3úÐXxº¤»
  • Members
  • 405 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:24 AM

I feel your pain yet can do nothing about it.

My suggestion is ignore these arseholes who think new players grow on trees and are making their own game extinct and try to find a helpful clan that will show you areas to train in where PKing is less prevalent.

Jared maybe i was an asshole, but i was also being real. I know new players don't grow on trees. Killing other people is as much a part of the game as killing monsters. When you started out i'm sure people killed you, and same with me and any other player except for maybe the first ever player :(. I got no beef with you but in my opinion if you can't find your way around getting killed to train and you whine about it your going to get killed more and end up like some of the player base that steals among other things.

I do agree that getting a helpful clan would be the thing to do. Getting help and making a fuss are two totaly diffrent things.
I don't care if you lick windows, take the special bus, or occasionally pee on yourself. Hang in there you're friggin special!

#7 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:55 AM

Not to be mean but posts like this will get those people who enjoy pking to hunt you now, because it obviously gets to you.

so true, so true

i dont even know who you are and ill kill you if i saw you

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#8 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:58 AM

make friends with people who would pk you. it's possible, and it works.

aside from that, stop being lazy. if you're really having problems with pkers you are more than likely exagerating or training in a very predictable way.

also, keep an alt covert on a crossroad leading to where you are so you know who's approaching, and also make sure your training area is clear before beginning. some people do log on inside of fun pk areas like the rose garden but there's little you can do about that.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#9 Roidhun

Roidhun
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:30 AM

As someone once said: Dying is part of living.

But that doesn't mean you pk'ers should sit at all entrances to training spots picking on ppl just above the level limit.

Not that I haven't done my share of killing, but I pride myself on killing worthier prey - like pk'ers :(
Every country has an army... Either its own or somebody else's
No crits ingame atm...

#10 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:05 PM

Just try the Arilin Arena or Nightmist Training Arena if you dont like getting pked and i agree Gnarkill you will get killed alot more now
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#11 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:27 PM

And Spine, if you feel you're not getting rounded enough, just /toggleloc and /p Chiquita :(
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#12 Matty

Matty
  • Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 01:32 PM

Those who have power, use it.
Tio in game.

#13 eclypse

eclypse
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:40 PM

thats simply not true, i have loads of nice arch crits, and i dont see the point in loading and pking people who are despritly trying to train, infact i frown on thoughs who do. iv been getting pked ALOT by certin people on my cleric, so iv decided to train in tombs. so maby what this game needs is more nopk area's to train in that will actually give you good exp
Adultery/Pistol Ingame

#14 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:55 PM

It also is funny when the person can't round you and you run away, they get really aggravated which is pretty funny.

That is exactly why people started abusing alts :(
Si Senior!

#15 Matty

Matty
  • Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:32 PM

It makes the game more fun in my opinion. If you don't feel up to training, boss hunting, etc, then go kill some other people for entertainment. You just have to cope with it until you get good enough to fend for yourself. Obviously, if you get pk'ed too much, then you're basically asking for it. Go train elsewhere. I know multiple training spots in which I have never been pk'ed once. Or keep an eye out on the /who. If theres a lot of players on, you're bound to get pk'ed. Use common sense.
Tio in game.

#16 MysticStorm

MysticStorm
  • Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:49 PM

Ok, take it from someone who got equally frustrated about the pk'ers.. I've been there, done that. You know what though? Revenge is all so sweety when you get your crits up there in levels. Yeah, I instantly ran when I saw a pk'er come. Laughed my arse off when they cried about me running. Then I got brave once my crits reached level 25. I started fighting back. Know what was even more fun? Carry a level 3 thief with you under covert. WHen you feel confident enough to fight back, drop the right enemy crit then snatch the pk'ers stuff up with the level 3 thief then log the thief off quickly (this mostly because though while pk'ers can't kill a level 3 thief, they can drag a monster to the square and get the drops back). Man, want to hear crying? They cry worse than a newborn wanting formula at 3 am in the morning!

So know your pain. Just last night, had to help defend one of my clannies who is on dial-up fight off a clan. Beat that clan real good too and made 6k off them along with getting some advanced mana crystals and potions! Won't name names.. I think they are quite embarrassed enough to have been beaten by a newb like me. Either way, keep training to the best of your ability. You'll get stronger and as I said, revenge is all so sweet. :(

#17 Redheart

Redheart
  • Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:58 PM

:( I know that the purpose of the game is to kill monsters and stuff, but is there really any point in people running around purposely killing newbies that are trying to train. it gets annoying when it has taken you ages to get to an area, or get a certain amount of gold, and some idiot comes along and kills you for no reason. :ph34r:

There will always be some idiot that will pk you for no reason, it is part of the game.
You will need to try to find a spot to train with less traffic. A helpful training partner and a good clan can help you as well.
Look at it as a challenge and don't let it get to you.
Don't give up :ph34r:
" For lunch we can have cupcakes until our little fairy tummies are content. We can all stay up to watch the sunset, then go to sleep in our little fairy beds.”

#18 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:45 PM

if u dont like gettin pked, dont leave town or bascially dun bother loggin on nm
Primex ingame

#19 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:48 PM

take pleasure in knowing the people who pk you , will get it a lot worse from others when they are pk'ed in loseing more gold/exp

NO ONE is untouchable if one person can't beat them 2 will or 3 or 4...
the ongoing battle of power in nightmist  :(

this is usally the case when on a rare case I do die :ph34r:

I dont pk personally though and havnt in years

Edited by Rappy_Ninja, 30 January 2006 - 04:51 PM.

Page/Memo Beatrix

#20 eclypse

eclypse
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:56 PM

everyone has to admit that waiting on log spawn spots for little nubs who are just above pk level is kinda cheap, and makes the game unenjoyable. even though i believe we have way to many as is.
Adultery/Pistol Ingame

#21 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:59 PM

i like pkin all lvls... dun matter who or what, if they red they die
Primex ingame

#22 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:10 PM

hmmm i disaprove but from time to time i do pk outa sheer boredom, usually boredom caused by not being able to train cause of other pk'rs suppose its a knock on effect lol

#23 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:18 PM

i like pkin all lvls... dun matter who or what, if they red they die

Supported. But Bill be honest when pking south of nm we do use tiny alts to make it somewhat fair :(

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#24 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:27 PM

i kno we pk even wit our noobie killers
Primex ingame

#25 Guest_Spine_*

Guest_Spine_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 10:55 PM

And Spine, if you feel you're not getting rounded enough, just /toggleloc and /p Chiquita :(

I think it would be fair to say you couldn't round me :ph34r:

#26 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:00 PM

I think it would be fair to say you couldn't round me :ph34r:

lmao , my mage with beam will round u .. chiquita will with no trouble devastate > you

#27 Guest_Spine_*

Guest_Spine_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 11:06 PM

All I'm saying is chiquita couldn't handle my massive pixelated pom poms, he was all omg don't totally destroy me with your mighty oak staff, and I was all damn right women, now go make me a sammich.

...That was a tasty sammich.

Edited by Trevayne, 31 January 2006 - 03:35 AM.

#28 -x-emma-x-

-x-emma-x-
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:04 AM

All I'm saying is chiquita couldn't handle my massive pixelated pom poms, he was all omg don't totally destroy me with your mighty oak staff, and I was all damn right women, now go make me a sammich.

lmfao!!!!! i want a sammich plz!! :ph34r: :(
© Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy ©
>Nessie + Betty_Boop + Keilana<

#29 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 12:43 AM

and you wonder why people pk you lol

#30 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:39 AM

moron
Page/Memo Beatrix

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users