• This topic is locked This topic is locked
156 replies to this topic

#61 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:39 PM

Aeryn will be my only nomination.

He commands a lot of respect and knows a fair amount about the game, he is also has a excellent command of the english language.

All in all he is a very nice guy.
Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#62 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:40 PM

Squee, Aeryn. For the reasons stated by other people.

I'd also like to put a negative vote to Mark/Scripto, why appoint someone who stole someones account even if he did return it afterwards. Please don't turn this into a flaming world I'm just stating an opinion to something that -he- told me ingame. Whether he returned the stuff makes little difference to my opinion as its the intention that counts.

Please make sure you have you stoy right before you start pointing fingures.. Jamie (Enzyme ingame; Dark on the forum) is my account partner as many know.. and i do allow to use scripto if if goes out and needs another zerker and im not on.

But back on topic: I would go with Gaddy and/or Mike (Condemned) as both of them have been playing the game for a very long time and know alot about it and have a fair idea on whats going on. Also both are repected so people would give them less of a hassle as most people did to Crane.
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#63 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:48 PM

Foxie: Intelligent, fun and have more free time then she knows what to do with. Have nice boobs.

Aeryn: Friendly old man. May have gloomy view on current nightmist situation but otherwise quite reasonable fellow.

Mono: Die-hard nightmist fan. Knows whole game as back of his hand and getting richer every day. Plays even in his sleep.

Hope my opinion helps to choose best staff.

Edited by Sleeping, 29 January 2006 - 06:50 PM.

Does not play well with others.

#64 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:17 PM

Squee, Aeryn. For the reasons stated by other people.

I'd also like to put a negative vote to Mark/Scripto, why appoint someone who stole someones account even if he did return it afterwards. Please don't turn this into a flaming world I'm just stating an opinion to something that -he- told me ingame. Whether he returned the stuff makes little difference to my opinion as its the intention that counts.

Please make sure you have you stoy right before you start pointing fingures.. Jamie (Enzyme ingame; Dark on the forum) is my account partner as many know.. and i do allow to use scripto if if goes out and needs another zerker and im not on.

But back on topic: I would go with Gaddy and/or Mike (Condemned) as both of them have been playing the game for a very long time and know alot about it and have a fair idea on whats going on. Also both are repected so people would give them less of a hassle as most people did to Crane.

The person who I had the conversation with was on Scripto and Scripto only so unfortunately my psychic abilities aren't up to scratch and therefore I can't tell if someone else is on -your- main.
Si Senior!

#65 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:32 PM

Ok, ok. Lets not start an arguement, please.

As for my vote, I don't want to put forward any names. But I'd just hope that if someone/some people are decided upon, they're players who've given ideas and tried to help the progress of the game.

It'd be good to see new staff who know eachother, and get along. Also staff who'll listen to and play with the players.

Just what I'd like to see :(
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#66 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:58 PM

Ok, ok. Lets not start an arguement, please.

As for my vote, I don't want to put forward any names. But I'd just hope that if someone/some people are decided upon, they're players who've given ideas and tried to help the progress of the game.

It'd be good to see new staff who know eachother, and get along. Also staff who'll listen to and play with the players.

Just what I'd like to see :(

yep me also

And foxie because she has knowledge of the game and shes a good writer and i dont think she ever been ban or anti-social :ph34r:

Edited by Bad Boy, 29 January 2006 - 10:49 PM.

Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#67 OmegaNublet

OmegaNublet
  • Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:25 PM

Fearless - Good active player and he's not anti social like some players he has good relationships with everyone as well as good gameplay knowledge, he's willing to help all and keeps a cool head. also he has been around the game along time and cares more about the players than himself. <3 tony

#68 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:33 PM

Fearless - Good active player and he's not anti social like some players he has good relationships with everyone as well as good gameplay knowledge, he's willing to help all and keeps a cool head. also he has been around the game along time and cares more about the players than himself. <3 tony

I have many logs saying otherwise
Page/Memo Beatrix

#69 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:12 PM

Nobody is perfect.. and i don't really remember cursing at you or nothing bad in the first place. Anyways everyone gets angered and annoyed when you have people like Rappy around. I'd like to say for the most part i keep a cool head only couple times something otherwise happened.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#70 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:19 PM

come on now

without me nm has no comedy
Page/Memo Beatrix

#71 Wind

Wind

Kevbear <3

• Members
  • 1021 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:36 PM

come on now

with you nightmist is crap.... and you can change logs plz...
Cry me a river!

Character Name: Wind on both servers!

#72 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:42 PM

come on now

mhmm id have noone to mock and laugth at or argue about how to spell, comedy indeed

#73 newb2

newb2
  • Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:59 PM

Squee might be an alright choice. He might not be able to take the heat, and it doesn't quite seem like he'd be able to set aside a lot of time.

As far as generalization goes, Draco Honoris members would be a good choice. I don't know if Midnight Thorns is still around, (I am thinking no) then someone from there would probably be a good choice as well.

From my understanding of the current playerbase, there probably aren't many people who will fall under the "great" category. Just "good".

heh

#74 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:57 AM

Squee would make a uber area devealoper tbh... great writing skills and very imaginative.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#75 JadedSoul

JadedSoul
  • Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:29 AM

Let me get my nomination(s) in before this post gets locked for arguing/flaming.

I haven't been playing much in the past few months due to life and such, but I would definitely have to nominate Aeryn and Gaddy.

These 2 players are both intelligent, fair minded, creative, game savvy guys. They would both be a great addition to the NM staff. I believe these 2 would also be able to handle the stress of being staff on this game where some players tend to make a game out of harrassing players who become staff.

Just my 2 cents worth. :(
I am whoever you think I am.

#76 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:45 AM

I believe both Aeryn and Gaddy would make great staff members.

Aeryn- Aeryn has great knowledge of the game. He is mature, fair, honest and hard working. Aeryn has always been kind to other players, both experienced players and those who are just starting out. He has always been a person that keeps his cool when in difficult situations and I believe that he would make not only a fair staff person, but one that would be a great addition to the current staff. Aeryn always is looking for ways to better the game-- not for himself, but for everyone that plays. He plays the game by exploring areas and seeking out every bit of story/secrets within the areas. Aeryn would be an awesome choice for staff.

Gaddy- Gaddy too has a wonderful knowledge of the game. He has contributed much in the way of ideas and suggestions. When Gaddy makes a suggestion it is always well thought out, well organized, and definately something that would benefit the masses, not just himself. He works hard in game and is a great explorer too! I know that he would also be a great addition to the staff. Gaddy always has a kind word for those he crosses paths with and I feel that he would work hard for the betterment of the game itself.

I would like to add that there are several others that would perhaps be great choices and of course, some that would not make good staff members. I think most of all, that we need more staff that are mature, trustworthy, fair, out for the good of the game, and most of all-- love the game themselves.

Remember that all staff work hard, and that oftentimes, get to play the game less because of their staff duties. (I really hope neither Aeryn nor Gaddy, if chose for staff lose their enjoyment of the game itself). We all have different styles and strength, as well as weaknesses of course :(. I would like to thank the staff that we have now and have had in the past for all that they have put into the game. Each person that plays as well, has added something to the game. Whether we wish to admit it or not. Even those that have done things we wish not done, they have taught us to be more aware, or to refrain from doing certain things that perhaps would make the game less fun to play.

Just my two cents, Good luck to whoever is "elected" and takes upon the responsibility of becoming staff as well as those that are already on the staff of the game we all seem to love to play. (and if ya don't love the game, ya wouldn't have been in game so long.)

Good Day,
Amy of Draco

(reposted due to typo)

Edited by Amy, 30 January 2006 - 04:56 AM.

~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#77 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 06:57 AM

i honestly just want new staff, but although i said different earlier, dont pick jared, i cant have him leaving me!!!

and just make it som1 who is very active now, and skilled please, both PvP and exploring/conquering areas

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

#78 Roidhun

Roidhun
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:38 AM

dont pick jared, i cant have him leaving me!!!

Which is one reason to pick Jared/Thunderja. :(

Besides he's growing up of late! :ph34r:

Jokes aside, he would be good staff - fox or no fox!
Every country has an army... Either its own or somebody else's
No crits ingame atm...

#79 Guest_Doom_*

Guest_Doom_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:13 PM

Tienno.

He doesn't play anymore, tho if he did he'd get my vote :(

#80 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

Hmmmmmm

In alphabetical order:

Aeryn, Mono- preferably make BOTH of these staff thanks

Do I need to say why? They know the game loads, are good people and would both make uber cool areas (except can someone check Joe's spelling thx)

I'd also like to vote for Jared (Thunderja n00b), but I doubt he's got the time to put in...someone get him fired please then we'll be sorted :(
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#81 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 05:11 PM

Since the job is specifically to run events and give players help, I'd say Gaddy is probably the best for the job.

Tons of game experience
Knows the events well
Is active on a daily basis
Is an extremely creative individual and has put a lot of inputs and ideas into suggestions/improvements to the game.
Mutual player (good reputation)
Follows the games rules. (From my exp as a member of the staff team, I don't remember banning Gaddy or ever having any problems with him)

Gaddy is definately the best candidate in game at the moment.
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#82 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:25 PM

Just an idea, but maybe staff could have an added responsibility of trying to recruit new players for the game? Yes I am aware that everyone should do this anyway :(
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#83 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 07:55 PM

Since the job is specifically to run events and give players help, I'd say Gaddy is probably the best for the job.

Tons of game experience
Knows the events well
Is active on a daily basis
Is an extremely creative individual and has put a lot of inputs and ideas into suggestions/improvements to the game.
Mutual player (good reputation)
Follows the games rules. (From my exp as a member of the staff team, I don't remember banning Gaddy or ever having any problems with him)

Gaddy is definately the best candidate in game at the moment.

yeah i thought so to

but gaddy help new players? :(

DEFENCE. /t Raylen i can spell just fine, i do teand to simplify things when speaking in game though, often late at night when i post on forums so i don't correct typo's here either :ph34r:
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#84 Piggy

Piggy
  • Game Staff
  • 841 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:12 PM

teand

:ph34r:

Anyways, ty for the votes for me :(

I vote for Tony/Fearless for reasons that already have been stated.

Hope whoever gets chosen will become one of the best staffers yet!

(I'm the one whom always annoys JLH to run events...so get prepared for me!)

Piggy Or Derlok ingame

#85 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

teand

:ph34r:

Anyways, ty for the votes for me :(

I vote for Tony/Fearless for reasons that already have been stated.

Hope whoever gets chosen will become one of the best staffers yet!

(I'm the one whom always annoys JLH to run events...so get prepared for me!)

it's 6 am i just woke up , sue me?
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#86 Piggy

Piggy
  • Game Staff
  • 841 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 08:18 PM

You'll get a call from my lawyer in the morning (My time)

Piggy Or Derlok ingame

#87 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:38 PM

It depends also if the players being nominated actually want to be staff; but nevertheless, I'm in full support of Nightmist hiring new staff. I find that if there are more staff, it becomes easier to brainstorm how best to improve the game and to back each other up should one staff member be unable to run an event... and the greater possibilities of staff teamwork on designing new areas etc.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#88 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:38 PM

Gaddy and Mono, in no particular order.

And steve's right, thats why he's the only one that mentioned my name...I'd distract everyone because I'm so sexy.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#89 xxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:46 PM

Not quite sure if crane is staff or not. If he is back and not though, i'd like to see him as a staffer

#90 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

I nominate Gaddy.

I would have fit the categories nicely, but I was hanging with a few friends one night on here, which I don't hang with them anymore, and we stole Lindz' stuff (Eilonwy before it was jacked or w/e... idk story). Anyway, we stole like 1m gold & 28 archies I believe. She called and we sorted everything out because I felt bad (not lieing). Kalypso may remember? I gave everything back and now we're friends irl :ph34r:

Don't steal kids, things might not always happen like they did to me :(

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users