main

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:17 AM

so this is aimed at what a pacifist could possibly do alone, with some effort and includes some things only a pacifist can do.

base item: 

Library info for White Ring:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, 
Description: A ring of pure water, enveloped by a ghostly ethereal surround. The translucent ring feels warm to the touch, 
and where it sits on your finger, the skin becomes bleached as white as bone. Potent energies hold amidst the vapours, 
shielding and protecting you from harm., 
Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, 
Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

/give NPC white ring

NPC:
"I can transform this ring for you, the spirit contained within has great potential"

NPC gives you a Black Ring

Library info for Black Ring:
Armor base: 0, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, berserkers, pacifists
Description: The water contained has turned pitch black, enveloped by a ghostly ethereal surround. The translucent ring feels cold to the touch, 
and where it sits on your finger, the skin becomes as black as coal. Potent energies hold amidst the vapours, 
waiting to be harnessed., 
Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: -2, Intelligence modifier: -1, Dexterity modifier: -1, 
Constitution modifier: -1, Wisdom modifier: -1, Charisma modifier: -1.

/give NPC black ring

NPC:
"now this I can work with; bring me a magnificant horn and a ruby from within the depths of the pyramid"

NPC gives you a Black Ring

/give NPC black ring, legendary horn, small ruby

NPC gives you a Grey Ring

Library info for Grey Ring:
Armor base: 0, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, berserkers, pacifists
Description: The water contained has turned a mild grey, enveloped by a ghostly ethereal surround. The translucent ring feels cool to the touch, 
and where it sits on your finger, the skin becomes grey to the appearance of ashes. Potent energies hold amidst the vapours, 
Level needed to equip it: 10, Strength modifier: -1, Intelligence modifier: -1, Dexterity modifier: -1, 
Constitution modifier: -1, Wisdom modifier: -1, Charisma modifier: -1.

/give NPC Grey Ring

"now we are getting somewhere, let me see *NPC thinks for a moment* yes yes of course; an emerald the size of your fist infact two of them
and many valuable jewels" "bring them to me right away, go now"

NPC gives you a Grey Ring

/give NPC grey ring, 2 large emerald, spider gauntlets

NPC gives you a Green Ring

Library info for Green Ring:
Description: The water contained appears much more viscous then before, enveloped by a ghostly ethereal surround 
where it sits on your finger, the skin becomes slightly green. Potent energies hold amidst the vapours, 
Level needed to equip it: 20, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: -1, Dexterity modifier: 0, 
Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: -1, Charisma modifier: -1.

/give NPC green ring

"wonderful wonderful; I can see it clearly now. Bring me a flawless crimson gem, wood that has been blessed and enchanted, and of course payment for my service;
did you really think i was working for free *laughs very loud* *taps his finger on the table 7 times* go now i don't want to see you
again; until you have my payment.

NPC gives you a Green Ring

/give NPC green ring, amulet of grace, shaman's mask, 1000000 gold money order

NPC gives you a Ghostly Ring

Library info for Ghostly Ring:
Description: The water has completely evaporated leaving behind only a ghostly ethereal wrapping tightly around your finger,
unwilling to let go. Your entire hand becomes transparent; the energy now flowing directly into your body; giving you 
grace and style; confidence you had never felt before. I shows clearly to all those around you. 
Level needed to equip it: 29, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, 
Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1.

Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#2 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:28 AM

Seems almost too pricy for a 0ac ring with charisma mod.
I can understand not having it equal to the quest rings of 3ac + 1 char, but to have a price tag around 5m, I could see this having at least 2ac. Perhaps those could be additional steps though...depends on the point of view of allowing pacifists to craft toward what is only available through quest chasing so far.

With needing double exp after level 30, I imagine pacifists become very...frustrating.

I missed that this was proposed to be equipped by Berserkers. I think it would be cool to make two paths -
1. Can be equip by berserkers and all classes, but instead of Shaman's Mask and Amulet of Grace, require boss drops like Golden Flax Cord and/or Giant Aquamarine and/or Elfstone and/or Sapphire Shard (or Sapphire Gem), and ~1-3m in overall value to create a 0ac, +1 charisma ring.
I imagine that would be a major new crafting item, as we all want to heal berserkers better.

2. Continue with the layout proposed, that can be done by only a pacifist, but make it pacifist specific with +1-3ac and +1char.
This continues the most useful placement of charisma - pacifists. It also enables pacifists to seek their own equipment individually. But it doesn't open the door for folks to get stat-mod rings with armor for non-pacifist classes. Thus, it helps to shield the value of quest drops like Ring of Mistletoe, but also enables top-tier pacifists to seek out top-tier equipment.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#3 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:18 AM

top thinking Gaddy, i will alter some things and divide a path of crafting.. from the point of Green Ring it could be changed to suit a variety of end products.

Ghostly Ring could be pacifist only equipt with some ac, maybe 3ac.. and an alternative for berserkers/other classes with 0 ac, at lesser cost.

i'll come up with something tomorrow

Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: main

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users