Multi-alt Monster Designs

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:38 PM

A few of you know that there is a new multi-alt area under development. Whether it turns out to be anything special has yet to be seen.

What I would like from budding designers out there are monsters for the new area. The theme is a jungle-like area surrounded by an expanse of scrubland... granted I have quite a few monsters for the scrubland already, but suggestions for this are welcome too. It's monsters for the jungle area that I'm really looking for.

The area is high-level, so any monsters you face will be relatively tough. What I am after:

- Monster name.
- Attack damage and rate-of-fire.
- Types of attack (including weapon name), and whether they are regular attacks or unavoidable 'spells'.
- HP, Dexterity and Wisdom are hard to estimate, so comparisons with existing monsters are probably better.
- Monsters should be natural and animalistic, so nothing too fancy.
- You can suggest monsters that already exist, and the area does in fact reintroduce a couple of monsters that appear elsewhere.
- If I like a monster and include it in the game, I will likely tinker with the values so it best suits what I am aiming for.
- Monsters won't have any vital drops, but they can drop things if it suits them (e.g. an animal's horn that you can sell in a shop).

Note that these are regular monsters, not bosses. If one of your suggestions does make it into the game, you will still be allowed to enter the area when it opens.

#2 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 05:43 PM

Silverback Gorilla: Comparable to the Dvergar Blacksmith. Attacks: Lunge, Paw Slap, Tree.
Python: Comparable to Anaconda. Attacks: Fangs, Constrict.
Giant Anaconda: Attack rate of Kraken, poison of Tarantula. Attacks: Fangs, Constrict.
Tarantula: Existing monster.
Giant Tarantula: Same as Tarantula, just higher hp. Attacks: Bite, Pounce.

Edited by Pureza, 08 September 2012 - 05:51 PM.

Jaded ingame.

#3 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:42 AM

Tribesman
20's damage; rapid (high poison 200's)
stab, poisoned spear, regular attack with high instance of hit
hp, dex, wis .. enough so a 20 alt party can't kill it one round, preferably 3 rounds of attack
drop could be as simple as spiders venom or a cheap spear

Velociraptor
30's damage; as rapid as the native ranger (multiple hits) also to have 3 or more on one square or spawn new monsters during the fight
claw, rake, bite .. hands, powerful legs, jaws, regular attack with very high instance of hit
hp, dex, wis .. comparable to a fire ant
drop suggestions: talons or various bones (that could be sold to "collector" NPC) :side note: "collector" NPC could also buy many other junk items cheap.

Tutas (for descriptions look up "Euoplocephalus tutus")
300 - 350 damage; slow possibly medium rate of attack
head butt, tail whip, never misses!
very high hp, low dex, very high wis.
no real need of a drop, maybe some meat that heals for 30 - 40 hp

this would all be Jungle monsters, this area have any back ground info?? or designated location in nightmist?? its difficult to come up with "random suggestions"
Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#4 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:25 AM

Admittedly I haven't made it easy on you guys - it is an area being designed for Nightmist. There's not much to say about it except it's an expanse of barren scrubland which contains a large impact crater called the Cauldron of Shadows - within that is a jungle and a couple of surprises.

I did think about having a Velociraptor (or more correctly, a Deinonychus), but I plan on saving that for the Island of Bartih if I can get it developed. The other suggestions I will definitely have a ponder over.

P.S. Welcome back!

#5 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 11:10 AM

Living Rock
120 - 170 damage, fairly fast rate of attack
punch, kick, crush, rarely misses
huge hp, low dex, immune to magical attacks, including magical weapons (should be ALL magical weapons, including cobalt staff of the winds etc)
if that's to difficult to make; then only 1 type of weapon can hurt it e.g. a war hammer (something not commonly used or carried) make it difficult for "set" parties with near if not all magical weapons!
no dropped item, good to great gold drop.

edit: kill to pass in one direction

Edited by Perfection, 20 October 2012 - 11:11 AM.

Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users