• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:30 AM

Valorian Sanctum

2) With the current status of the realm, the many elves of the land has had no choice but to venture to the west, sealing themselves from war and unbalanced measures. With such exploration has come with grave consequences, new species of beasts have been discovered, beasts with malice toward other living things. The elves have classified these monsters as the Trael race and continue to gain intelligence by their actions. Months of observation have shown their hate toward magic oriented beings of life and seek to destroy all crystalized formations that produce this 'magick'.

The Trael have been spotted with enslaved Trolls in large organized caravans heading from the Mountain of Valor deeper into what the elves consider to be a magicless land. Finding it hard to be exposed to such an infertile land, the Council of Magi have been comissioning brave adventurers to finish the exploration. With such a brutish quest to befall upon a group of warriors, it was unlikely that any should return from the Trael Encampment with beneficial intelligence.

Alvin Alcast, a human druid that journeyed from Natura to aid the Council, had hoped to form an alliance if he was successful in infiltrating the encampment. Given no knowledge of the Trael and only composing skills that honed on repelling Goblin raids, he was able to reach the border of the forsaken wasteland. For weeks, the druid searched and mapped with only complications from the region's wild life that still struggled to survive on the land. Weeks had turned into months before Alvin camouflaged his way through the wooded forest till he finally gazed upon what appeared to be a fortress made of black stone. Finally, his plan had came into reality when he allowed himself to be captured by peons that had been hunting through the forest for food. He was taken away, taken to dungeons of the fortress, memorizing paths through the mazed interior, waiting to be 'interrogated'.

With Malice heavy in the hearts toward the spell caster in their presence, there was no interogation; only the wretched torture of Trael technology. They spoke not of a human or elven tongue, but more like gnolls or goblins and could not be understood by other beings. Days without sleep the druid had suffered painfully untill the day arrived when the Trael Warlord gives audience in the dungeon. He had spoken what appeared to be only a sentence when a machine was brought in behind him. This machine... it flickered with cackling bolts of electricity. This was the same machine used to drain the magic properties from the crystals found on Mt. Valor. This machine.. could it be used on organic life?

3) Area Restriction: Druid/Mage (No Lvl Restriction)

4) Contents:

Valorian Forest: (West of lost trail) - Good for levels 10-20

Owl (Same as Lost Trail)

Black Bear (Same as Royal Forest)

Brown Bear (Same as Royal Forest)

Grizzley Bear (Same as N. Arilin)

Wolf (Same as Royal Forest)

Desolate Forest: (North of Valorian Forest) - Good for levels 20-25

Mutated Bear (Same as Science Complex)

Enraged Owl: This owl appears to have red eyes and an insane flying pattern. It appears to be fearless as it swoops down to pierce you with it's beak! It appears to be in a healthy condition.

HP: 250 (Draggable)

1 Stam - 15's Dmg - Every 3 Seconds

Rabid Wolf: A wolf that appears to be malnourished, yet still lethally agile as it's bretheren. You can see the anger in it's eyes while it paces back and forth with anticipation for weakness in it's prey. The Rabid Wolf appears to be in a healthy condition.

HP: 1750 (About same as Wolves - Increase PoD to 75) (Undraggable) (Drops Wolf Stomache - Low % Drop)

2 Stam - 30's Dmg - Every 5 Seconds

Enslaved Troll: The enslaved troll appears to be slightly larger than trolls found in the wild, having been given commands to carry heavy loads, they are built of pure muscle and appear to be able to pound you into the ground! He is in a healthy condition.

HP: 550 (About 200 more than trolls in wild) (Undraggable) (Drops Mana Crystal - 100 or High % Drop)

1 Stam - 50's dmg - Every 10 seconds

Trael Woodsmen: The Trael is of lesser stature than it's kin, with red hair and enlarged eyes, it had seen you comming before you had noticed him. This creature appears to be the result of years of training in the art of nature and it looks as if it has an over-used axe in it's hands. The Trael Woodsman is in a healthy condition.

HP: 600 (KTP) (Moderate Dexterity) (Drops Battle Axe - Low % Drop)

1 Stam - 60's dmg - Every 10 seconds

END CONTENTS

-This is the first step in a large scale developmental proccess. I have only started on two sections of a potential 5 section area to hopefully be added. There are no 'new items' in these preliminary areas, only ones existing, as I am not knowledgable in maintaining or balancing new things for the game.

- The area should exist to further develope the realm, and also allow mages and druids a place similar to the Resthaven Thief Guild. There has also been no added area bonus for this section.

- On a final note, this was posted to help encourage me to finish the area, as I have not really gotten any positive feedback from staff. This was my first attempt at area development and hope if not anything you all enjoyed reading what I have came up with. Thank you all for your time.

(Special Thanks: Ryan AKA Achilles - Chris AKA Dangerous)

Edited by Tietsu, 13 January 2009 - 01:37 AM.

#2 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:40 AM

Considering he gave credit to me and chris for helping him brainstorm some of the idea, its obvious that we are going to support it.. i merely said "it would be cool to have a magic area on 1alt", and alec went to work quickly... with a few small ideas here and there from me and chris (more of the latter area) he had this much of the area designed plus the entire story written very quickly.. and as he said this is just preliminary to see if he gets any good feedback, because it would be a shame to waste anymore time if it were not even under consideration for being implemented.. anyways, i think it will/should get a positive feedback, and that alec should finish working on this area in the near future.

Edited by Achilles, 13 January 2009 - 01:41 AM.

#3 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:48 AM

Impressive area design. I would venture into the area just to see what came of Alvin Alcast, if he survives the brutal torture device and if I have to end up fighting it alongside Malice.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#4 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:57 AM

not going to give any clues.. but the story gets better with the next few areas...

#5 Hustle

Hustle
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 02:01 AM

i think should add i like

#6 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

Supported. :ph34r:

#7 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:10 AM

I like the base concept of it, but you said it's been run through by Elves. I think it should be open to Elves and you also mentioned a Human in the mix, so possibly Humans also?

Again, good story line, but if you're looking to find yourself a secure training area away from us and for you only, might try to alter your story line to fit only Mages/Druids instead of a race or two.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#8 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:13 PM

How does somebody coming up with an idea of a new area gotta do with getting away from you's?
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#9 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:49 PM

Elves and the Council of Magi. Council of Magi has been stepped in to stop the mana destruction before it over reaches the newly entered land. (The Council of Magi are not composed of only Elves/Humans.) I could have gone in more detail with the story line, but if I wanted to go that far into it, I may aswell have written a book about the whole thing. (Summarized)

The story line is fine. Staying away from pande is off topic and I will not defend my decision for this area. The two people who suggested I even do this area are mainly beserkers, as you can see in my special thanks.

Edited by Tietsu, 14 January 2009 - 04:05 PM.

#10 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:43 PM

I must say an interesting story you have there. Would this be over by Natura by any chance?
If so, nice touch with the new spicies thrown in there. Maybe incorperate The Catacombs theme
in there then with a whole bit of new "DNA Spliced" npcs. If not, ignore then. Also, I would only make the wolf type npc undraggable.

I support it.

ADDENDUM:
Elves already have an area(Tirantek), can't we make the Gnome have something spify instead? Just an idea.

Edited by Walt, 14 January 2009 - 11:47 PM.

I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#11 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:06 AM

ADDENDUM:
Elves already have an area(Tirantek), can't we make the Gnome have something spify instead? Just an idea.

Tirantek is actually a Dwarven town that was commandeered by both humans and Elves after the founding race's exodus from the city; there are a few clues scattered around that hint at this back-story.

As for Gnomes... hmmm... the Gnome Caves seems to suggest something...
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#12 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:18 AM

Slap me on the toosh, but I thought Dwarves owned Tirantek. (I know they use to)

#13 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 11:52 AM

I like the base concept of it, but you said it's been run through by Elves. I think it should be open to Elves and you also mentioned a Human in the mix, so possibly Humans also?

Again, good story line, but if you're looking to find yourself a secure training area away from us and for you only, might try to alter your story line to fit only Mages/Druids instead of a race or two.

Enslaved Troll: The enslaved troll appears to be slightly larger than trolls found in the wild, having been given commands to carry heavy loads, they are built of pure muscle and appear to be able to pound you into the ground! He is in a healthy condition.

Way to go off topic for no appearent reason. Read it again, the story line fits more than enough. Anyways, the trael race are trying to destroy the mana crystals(the traelites have enslaved the trolls for work purposes to carry heavy loads of mana to be destroyed).Thus, the magic users(Council of Magi) join together to stop their plans. As for the "human", he is a magic user who gets caught ententionally to infultrate the area, which turned out to be a bad idea considering their hostility towards "magick" users. The story could progress alot further, and with the additions of the next 3 parts of the ongoing area, im sure it will. (" I have only started on two sections of a potential 5 section area to hopefully be added")...

#14 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:59 PM

1 ALT Staff not intrested in the development thread?

#15 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:59 AM

good call on not finishing it.. i figured if you had a good idea you would be able to find one staff to "create" this area...

maybe a new area developer should be hired.... seeing how there isnt one and thats a pretty key part of the growth of any game...

#16 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 17 January 2009 - 04:46 PM

Had a member of staff there was no use for new areas with a low playerbase. I'll be putting no more effort into this, nor any other developmental ideas. Great stuff, huh? Maybe I will write the book.

#17 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 12:38 AM

I don't know I saw 31 people on 1a two days ago. I guess thats a pretty low number these days... But anyways none of the staff care about 1a except for Wes/Elf. And Elf already has her hands full with things like the 35+ guilds and such. So unless someone else is hired I would suggest not even bothering with anything NEW.
Logos.

#18 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 03:20 AM

I don't know I saw 31 people on 1a two days ago. I guess thats a pretty low number these days... But anyways none of the staff care about 1a except for Wes/Elf. And Elf already has her hands full with things like the 35+ guilds and such. So unless someone else is hired I would suggest not even bothering with anything NEW.

35+ guilds are done... she did what she was hired to do and i praise her for that, but this is a great idea and staff didnt even bother to comment on this thread.. thats disrespectful to alec and the rest of the playerbase in my opinion

#19 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:08 AM

I know this has been shut for awhile, just hate to see this go to waste. Maybe Elf will get bored of playing her mortal and become intrested.

#20 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:31 AM

Had a member of staff there was no use for new areas with a low playerbase. I'll be putting no more effort into this, nor any other developmental ideas. Great stuff, huh? Maybe I will write the book.

There should always be new areas for exploring, otherwise the game becomes monotonous?

#21 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 05:52 AM

There should always be new areas for exploring, otherwise the game becomes monotonous?

hmm.... wonder what the excuse is now, because the playerbase is pretty strong lately..

#22 tommb

tommb
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 12:52 AM

supported:)

#23 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:43 PM

Bump. Again, something that would take a few days to put in.

This was something original as far as a Druid/Mage only area. Druids were designed to take the roll of Clerics in the final boss.

#24 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

I like the idea of a Druid/Mage only area, supported.

I do have one issue with it though

Mutated Bear (Same as Science Complex)

I don't support adding Mutated Bears to any new areas, to me this would make Mutated Bear Pelts too easy to get. Also there description would need to be completely changed
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#25 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:43 PM

Tell that to all the Mutated Bear Pelts I've gotten already.

#26 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

This mutated bear looks like it has been cruelly tested upon in the labs below the Gnoll Fortress. The beast is huge and its teeth appear bigger than usual. It's eyes are a dark green color and it doesn't look happy to see you intruding on it's home.

How did these bears get all the way to the Desolate Forest?
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#27 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

Posted Image
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#28 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:32 PM

Could tweak it. Take 2 seconds. I don't even care, I just like the idea of the area and bumped it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users