• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:35 PM

READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!

0. This is not a discussion topic, it is creative work.
Post your crafting ideas and options. There is not a need to comment on other players' suggestions or ideas. You may post variations or the sort, if you are inspired by an idea. (give credit)
*This rule does not apply to moderators because game-staff can actually implement the equipment. We may need further information or alternative descriptions, etc.

1. Keep all crafting concepts individual.
If you have three ideas, make three post.

2. Understand the idea behind crafting.
A. Crafting uses items that are over-abundant along with new or rare drops to make new, interesting, and fashionable equipment. This equipment should not be ridiculous.
B. Do not use Cobalt Bow as a measuring tool for crafting's power. Use Bewitched Spider Gauntlets, Silken Sandals of Time, or perhaps Sword of Existence if you make the crafting difficult and involved.
C. If you improve upon an existing thing by giving it modifications, especially stat mods, give it negative changes as well. Additional armor in combination with a stat mod is too good.
D. Separate types of bonuses, and then both types can be considered or implemented, allowing players to pick their preference.

3. If you leave descriptions up to me, then you might as well leave all of the job to me.

4. Leaving equipment without full stats is okay, even good.
By all means, give as much detail as you can, and suggest equipment how you want to, but if you question how to balance an item, don't feel like you HAVE to put in the numbers.
It forces me to consider how to balance such an item or what range of difficulty the crafting process requires. That is a good start to sparking interest in implementing the concepts.

5. You can AND SHOULD suggest new items to be used in crafting.
If you do not want to use existing drops (which are often used vigorously, ie. Sapphire Shards), you can suggest a new gem or item drop from monsters, within good reason.
However, give full descriptions of the new crafting components just like you have to with the final product, and suggest monsters to drop the new items. You don't have to nail it down, but give a general idea.

6. Try to keep items related to what drops them and crafted items' power relative to how difficult it is to make.
Again, consider Bewitched Spider Gauntlets, in the mini-drops as well as the difficulty to bonus comparison. Along with using a lot of what it replaces (3 SGs for 1 BSG)

7. Finally, consider how the items will be mixed.
Mention if you plan on using the Recycle Bin, Mortar, or an existing NPC.
If you need new NPCs...descs will be important before the crafting is possible.
However, you might wait until interest is expressed to finish these entirely. You do need to have ideas in mind though.

That's all for rules, for now.
I do not want to put a bunch of limitations out before players come up with ideas and get their creative juices flowing.
Just want to put out a fair warning.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#2 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:49 PM

I want to emphasis the importance of FULLY reading the main topic.

Don't make your time wasted by not knowing what is being looked for in the concepts.

I know it is unfair, but for an idea to be implemented, it has to look good to me. It has to look good enough for me to create the monsters and spawns to allow the crafting to be completed.
Other staff might consider working with you, but I do not currently think that is likely.
So take the time to read and know what I think make for good crafting recipes.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#3 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 07:07 PM

Ok. I'll re-suggest this item for main only, and it should be OK now it's nopk.

Arcane Bangle - +1ac, +1intel

Library info for Arcane Bangle:
Armor base: 1, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Made from solid gold, the Arcane Bangle beholds an iridescent green glow. Flecks of Elven magik invade the pure gold, adding strength to the wearer's intellect; preparing them for duels of the mind., Level needed to equip it: 31, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 1, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Absorb spell: 0.

Make it like this:

1 Elfstone (crushed in mortar)
1 Wizard's Bracelet (1% Lyzanthir drop, straight 1ac bracelet)

This is an interesting idea.
Armor bracelet probably will not be allowed to have a stat mod, so the ac would need to be negative, 0 at best.
I'm not sure how allowable adding two extra int to mages would be though....
I assume the Arcane Bangle is a Bracelet, since it's made with a bracelet?

Suggestions:
1. Can you try to make the crafting require a bit more work?
Perhaps some gem drops to make up the "flecks of Elven gold" and some type of binding item that could take killing monsters.
2. I suggest Scrolls of Divine Restoration and Enchanted Silks be used to trade for the binding item, and quite a few to make up for how many spare will be in game if Lyzanthir has a really good drop on him....

-Stadius

+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#4 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:09 PM

Okay, I'll risk submitting this suggestion again... Crystal Pendants, which uses the Crystal Shards that often get discarded from the Crystal Giant or otherwise stockpiled worthlessly, and gives extra uses for jewels. The stats and values given are estimates at this stage, but I hope they are reasonable.

New items:

Pendant Chain - hour-examine or day-examine (not sure which is best) that replaces one of the Lover's Lockets in Resthaven. Can be sold in Megron's Amulet Shop for 200 gold if you do not wish to use it.

NPCs used:

Pidar, Master Goldsmith
Anvil

Crafting concept:

Give "Pidar, Master Goldsmith" the following:

- Pendant Chain = Returns it and says "Such a sorry sight; if you can find me a jewel or crystal of the correct shape I can repair this for you; I feel guilty that I will have to charge you my standard fee of 1000 gold... as a money order, I should add."

- Pendant Chain + Small Ruby + 1000 Gold Money Order = Ruby Necklace (+2 ac)
- Pendant Chain + Amethyst + 1000 Gold Money Order = Amethyst Pendant (+2 ac)
- Pendant Chain + Orc's Granite + 1000 Gold Money Order = Blackstone Charm (+2 ac)
- Pendant Chain + Wraith Essence + 1000 Gold Money Order = Talisman of Spirits (+5 ac, -1 Chr)
- Pendant Chain + Elfstone + 1000 Gold Money Order = Moonstone Charm (+2 ac, +1 Int)
- Pendant Chain + Cracked Crystal Shard + 1000 Gold Money Order = Cracked Crystal Pendant (+1 ac)
- Pendant Chain + Dull Crystal Shard + 1000 Gold Money Order = Dull Crystal Pendant (+2 ac)
- Pendant Chain + Bright Crystal Shard + 1000 Gold Money Order = Bright Crystal Pendant (+3 ac)
- Pendant Chain + Brilliant Crystal Shard + 1000 Gold Money Order = Brilliant Crystal Pendant (+4 ac)
- Pendant Chain + Perfect Crystal Shard + 1000 Gold Money Order = Perfect Crystal Pendant (+5 ac, +1 Chr)
- Pendant Chain + Flawless Crystal Shard + 1000 Gold Money Order = Flawless Crystal Pendant (+6 ac, +1 Chr)

(For all of the above crafts, Pidar's message is "Pidar takes the broken pendant and the ### and skilfully wraps the steel cage around the jewel, presenting to %user the finished product." - replace ### with the jewel in question - %user is a macro that is replaced automatically with the player's name)

The armour count increases by 1 for each level of Crystal Shard; in effect, the armour count is the base-10 logarithm of the equivalent number of Crystal Fragments. Since it is ten times the work for one extra armour point, the top two have a generic charisma boost to help reflect the equivalent value of the Shard. I know you don't like Magimoxes, Gaddy!

If you decide you want the jewel back, which will likely happen in the case of an Elfstone or Crystal Shard, take the pendant in question to an Anvil. When you break it apart, you get the jewel back, but not the Pendant Chain, now damaged beyond repair; obviously, you don't get any refunds either. The message given is: "%user clumsily smashes open the pendant's cage and liberates the ### within." (again, replace ### with the jewel's name).

Item statistics:

Library info for Pendant Chain:
Armor base: 0, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: This delicate chain encircles the neck, ending in a steel web that hangs over the chest; designed to hold a precious stone, it has been stripped of its riches and all that remains is a twisted maze of metal., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Ruby Necklace:
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: A small ruby adorns this metal necklace that is otherwise too large to hold such a gem. Nevertheless, it gives off a brilliant sparkle and is quite pretty; pretty enough that would-be attackers are often distracted from their aim., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Amethyst Pendant:
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: A deep, purple amethyst sits snugly in a small metallic web that hangs slightly heavily from a thin chain. The hexagonal lattice of the gem dances with the flickering lights to the point that it can become mesmerising for those that gaze upon it, even enemies; with the gem sitting directly over the heart it is little wonder that the rumour of magical powers of protection envelope its wearer., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Blackstone Charm:
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: You are not quite certain how something can be so black, yet paradoxically so bright. The stone is quite heavy around your neck, weighing down over your lungs to protect them with solid granite., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Talisman of Spirits:
Armor base: 5, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, mages, pacifists, Description: At first glance, this necklace is dark and unappealing, but those who try to gaze upon the gem get quite a shock when they realise what it beholds. With the evil imprisoned and harnessed, the wraith within the crystal protects the wearer with supernatural shielding, although not without a dark taint., Level needed to equip it: 20, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: -1.

Library info for Moonstone Charm:
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, mages, pacifists, Description: The hues of an earthly green mingle with a lunar white to betray the wonder of the Elven stone. The realms of the Goddess open as you hold it to your heart, the spirits blessing you with the light of the moon and the forest., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 1, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Cracked Crystal Pendant:
Armor base: 1, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: A rather unflattering crystal sits within the cage of this pendant, prompting some aristocrats to turn their noses up at such a cheap replica. The Cracked Crystal Shard does provide some physical resistance against attack though, despite how fragile it is., Level needed to equip it: 4, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Dull Crystal Pendant:
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: The stone in this pendant is not particularly dazzling but it is not riddled with cracks either, so it is quite resilient versus direct impact. The Dull Crystal Shard that lies within the steel web sits over the chest of its wearer, giving an extra element of protection from attacks to the vitals., Level needed to equip it: 10, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Bright Crystal Pendant:
Armor base: 3, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Shining gently in the light, the Bright Crystal Shard swings gently in its steel attire, but never strays far from the breast, as if keeping a vigil over the wearer's soul., Level needed to equip it: 20, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Brilliant Crystal Pendant:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Glowing even in pitch black due to fluorescence, the Brilliant Crystal Shard hangs over the wearer's bosom as if it were the soul itself. It is awkward to look at it for any length of time and attack accurately in its direction. The crystal is incredibly hard and shrugs off even the strongest of impacts. For those who dwell underground, its eerie glow shines like a beacon in what would otherwise be a labyrinth of darkness., Level needed to equip it: 27, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Library info for Perfect Crystal Pendant:
Armor base: 5, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: The gem in this necklace is like no other, grabbing the attention of anyone who catches sight of the Perfect Crystal Shard in their peripheral. The stone clings to the wearer as if not wanting to leave its master, following them through life and death alike. The stone is immensely beautiful, hard and possibly even magical, not to mention priceless., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1.

Library info for Flawless Crystal Pendant:
Armor base: 6, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: Flawless... absolutely flawless! The Flawless Crystal Shard that constitutes this amulet surely cannot be natural; not a single imperfection can be noted in the prism. The crystal glows brightly enough as it is under the light, but when worn by a proven individual, it explodes into a brilliant, blinding display., Level needed to equip it: 31, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1.

I've talked to Gareth in-game about this idea.
I'm not currently interested in making necklaces out of stones around the game. There are quite a few un-used amulets for armor right now.
Dragon's Eye Pendants require two boss kills and would be beaten by the top amulets here.

This is not a bad idea, but I will not involve myself or any work I do with the Magimox or their crystals. There are many other options in the post though, and I might consider using some of them later.

I'm looking for a bit more involved recipes right now, rather than basic armor pendants.
I also do not want to release new stat mod amulets right now.
-Stadius

Edited by Gaddy, 11 July 2008 - 03:33 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#5 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:21 AM

3x crystal runes - + Binding Spell = Large Crystal Rune
Large crystal rune + Fire/water/earth enchantment
Fire rune.
Fire rune + Scroll of aura = Glowing Fire Rune

all 3 runes +azure robes + golden ankh = Golden elemental robes

Binding Spell – A large Roll of Parchment covered in strange scripture - Doesn’t do anything special or is a key
Large Crystal Rune – A large crystal sphere covered in runic symbols – Doesn’t do anything special or is a key
Fire Rune – When Three Eyed Jack is killed; part of his spirit is trapped in a stone lying on the ground
Ice Rune – When Three Eyed Jack is killed; part of his spirit is trapped in a stone lying on the ground
Water Rune – When Three Eyed Jack is killed; part of his spirit is trapped in a stone lying on the ground
Glowing Fire Rune – The fire rune glows slightly, as pressure is applied the markings seem glow even brighter
Glowing Water Rune – The fire rune glows slightly, as pressure is applied the markings seem glow even brighter
Glowing Ice Rune – The fire rune glows slightly, as pressure is applied the markings seem glow even brighter

All 3 runes + Azure robes + Golden ankh = Golden Elemental Robes

The robes glow with a golden shine, but while the golden glow enhances the wearer’s looks it decreases the protective effects of the azure crystals beneath it. Three glowing runes rotate around the user empowering them with the wisdom of the elements.

The robes would be a 36 ac cleric gown, with a +1 char and +1 wiz mod

I cannot look up Azure Robes in game right now.
However, I think I am going to find that you did not read the rules that I posted.

Either way, double stat mod is too much. Char is not a small, tack-on bonus.

1. I do not want to encourage the camping of Three Eyed Jack. I think I've mentioned or implied this before. If he had one of the runes, it might be more reasonable. Then distribute the others.
The Winged Vampire could be a good boss to have one.

2. How are 9 Crystal Rings involved with making a robe? That seems excessive on a single item, especially when the item doesn't seem very related to the equipment.
Perhaps get this spread out by making it 2 Azure Robes, as I suggested before as well...

-Stadius

If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#6 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:38 AM

Ok next:

10 Scroll of Divine Restoration = Spellbound Parchment

3 Spellbound Parchment + 3 Crystal Rune = Rune of Restoration (2ac, +1 wis)

Library info for Rune of Restoration:
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, paladins, Description: At first glance this would appear to be a simple transparent crystal triangle. However, on closer inspection, you notice transcribed phrases weaving through the glass, enlightening your healing nature. You feel emboldened by the rune's invigorating presence; your fingertips casting a pale glow as they channel the rune's power., Level needed to equip it: 31, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 1, Charisma modifier: 0, Absorb spell: 0.

Is this an amulet or would it take the shield spot? The desc does not specify entirely...
Thirty of one item is too many to use.

Again, we're trying to encourage play through going around many areas. Reviving under-killed bosses is not a main goal of crafting. Keep variety and interesting trips involved with your recipes.
-Stadius

#7 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:54 AM

Gaddy said not to comment, but you can edit with other ideas

10 Scroll of Divine Restoration = Spellbound Parchment

1 Spellbound Parchment + 3 Crystal Rune = Large Crystal Rune

3x Large Crystal Rune + Triangle of Thunder =

Library info for Rune of Restoration:
Armor base: 2, Can be worn by: clerics, paladins, Description: At first glance this would appear to be a simple transparent crystal triangle. However, on closer inspection, you notice transcribed phrases weaving through the glass, enlightening your healing nature. You feel emboldened by the rune's invigorating presence; your fingertips casting a pale glow as they channel the rune's power., Level needed to equip it: 31, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 1, Charisma modifier: 1, Absorb spell: 0.

I don't want to work with double stat mod equipment without real negative effects.
Again, charisma isn't just a tack-on stat, it has real use.
-Stadius

If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#8 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:28 PM

3x Crystal Ring + Gold Ring = Quartz Ring.

How you'd go about making it;

You gave a Kathryn, Glassblower: 3x Crystal Ring.
Kathryn admires the crystal rings for a moment, and then hurls them into a furnace. After several hours of poking, blowing and melting, she fabricates a small lump of quartz from the crystal of the three rings.
A Kathryn, Glassblower just gave you a Lump of Quartz.

Then;

A Pidar, Master Goldsmith is here with you.

You gave a Pidar, Master Goldsmith: Lump of Quartz, Gold Ring.
Pidar, Master Goldsmith: Ah, you want me forge you a ring, eh? I'll see what I can do.
Labouringly, Pidar picks up his hammer and chisel, and begins to work on the lump of quartz. Numerous bangs and curses are heard from his workshop, but you choose to stay outside. A while later, Pidar returns to the main room.
Pidar, Master Goldsmith: Aye! This one took a bit of work, but it is a beautiful ring.
A Pidar, Master Goldsmith gave you: Quartz Ring.

Library info for Quartz Ring:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: druids, fighters, paladins, rangers, thieves, Description: This breathtaking ring sends shivers down your spine as you roll it around your palm. Utmost power must be needed to wield such a piece of equipment, and one must wonder if theirs is enough.. Level needed to equip it: 34, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

A use for excess crystal rings, and an item for higher levels. The rings of astray, thunder, etc will not be left useless as a high level is needed to equip this - and its only equippable by certain classes, classes that use strength, as you can tell by the desc.

I like this idea.
It might have to be just slightly more involved, but I have an ideas in mind.

One note- Think about your descs fairly hard.
Here, you've crafted a ring. It is brand new. So, "The ring has obviously been in many a fierce battle" just doesn't make any sense at all.

Two note- Do not try to make it out like Lord of the Rings. ;P
I see what you've got going on! Pidar is not being turned into a skitzo.

Three note- Please give a desc for the Lump of Quartz.

Edit: Sorry about the Ring desc, i'm terrible at creative writing. Why can't Pidar be a schizophrenic? :ph34r: THE RINGSSSHH! HEE SHHHTOLLEEE IT!

Library info for Lump of Quartz:
Description: A lump of quartz, formed with the power of crystal., Type of item: Doesn't do anything special, or is a key.

Fixed the other things, added a new desc to the ring and library info for the lump. Also fixed Pidar's schizophrenic tendencies..
How about this?

I would be very obliged if someone could try writing a better desc for Quartz Ring, i'm not too good at that sort of stuff, my apologies again.

Edited by Äññöÿäñcë, 11 July 2008 - 04:16 PM.

Disaster ingame.

#9 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 02:58 PM

I am really liking the activity and thoughts! :-)

To everyone-
Please work within the general bounds I posted and consider and develope upon my suggestions. They're not pointless, and they aren't really 'optional'.

Also, when you work with the suggestions, please keep the item to it's specific posting.
It will help to keep this discussion from being impossible to follow.

#10 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 10:35 PM

Well, it's not my place on here to argue the reasoning in regards to my amulets... however, I have one minor suggestion:

Recycle Bin:

2 * Iron Gauntlets = Recycled Metal
Halberd + Iron Gauntlets = Recycled Metal

No, I like it remaining as just Halberds used for that recipe.
I'm not opposed to ideas like this, but the Armored Boots recipe probably will not be changed.
-Stadius

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#11 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 11:33 AM

NEW IDEA

Library info for Archaic Crest:
Armor base: 10, Can be worn by: fighters, Description: This heavy crest is tarnished through many years' forgotten slumber. Awoken once more by a powerful spell, it offers a protection far greater than that to which its iron construction would attest. Only the valiant and strong may wear this; and even for these, wits are dulled and beauty sapped by the arcane enchantments. A single feather adorns the crest, signifying its return from exile., Level needed to equip it: 33, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: -1, Charisma modifier: -1.

Here's how you make it:

Someone who isn't killed very much drops a Rusted Helm (6ac, fighter only). Maybe like the Dungeon Knight.

Rusted Helm + SoDR + So Call Upon Deity + So AoP + Ethereal Potion + Hawk Feather (give all these to someone who does magic) = Archaic Crest

Library info for Rusted Helm:
Armor base: 6, Can be worn by: fighters, Description: This heavy crest is tarnished through many years' forgotten slumber. Signs of former glories still linger within, and a hint of power reaches you as you touch the corroded metal., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

...uber secretz...

Archaic Crest + Jaguar Potion + Dark Mist Potion + Mana Core + Elfstone + 2 Hawk Feather = Crest of Legends

Library info for Crest of Legends:
Armor base: 11, Can be worn by: fighters, paladins, Description: As you touch the Crest, you wonder that its weight will hinder your movement, so heavily does it lie. On placing it on your head, you wonder that it is not there, so light does it become. Restored fully from past glory, the Crest of Legends beholds many layered enchantments; great power resides in its composition, power that no foe will take lightly without consequence. Three feathers signify not only a return from exiled past, but a reformation of valour and pride., Level needed to equip it: 35, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

You have no idea how much I want to put stat mods on that ^

Understand that randomly tossing Elfstone into recipes doesn't appeal to me very much. I don't care to work with things Simon randomly bothered to toss into the game. I leave his stuff to what he put it there for the most part.

I would suggest that this be toned down to a method for removing the negative effects of the Anubis Mask, while forcing a level 31+ status, and fighter/pally only. 10ac is a bump, rather than the jump to 11ac.

Making all sorts of new things for level 35+ of classes that haven't got more than a few characters of that level doesn't work out very well in my mind. Also, do not think that the level restrictions give reason or le-way on the quality of the item produced. Just because it's for level 31-35+ doesn't mean equipment can dominate current equipment.

-Stadius

#12 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 08:30 AM

Library info for Crimson Sword:
Base damage: 26, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: Roses are red...blood red, as the Crimson Sword seems to incessantly run. Drenched in potent potion, the Sword is light to hold; but the scarlet liquid leeches some of your armour's protection., Level needed to equip it: 29, Magical: No, Vamparic: 0, Armor: -1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Make it with Rose Blade + 5 Crimson Flame

That recipe is a bit simple. I'd suggest lowering it to something like 2 Crimson Flame, and then some other interesting drops around the game, such as Concealing Petal or Rose Blade x2.
Getting far more reasonable, though -1ac is a bit weak to balance with Adamant Warhammer. I wouldn't allow berserkers to use this for that reason.
-Gaddy

Yes it is simple, but then it's not a huge reward. Maybe add a few Small Ruby, since they are also red. I don't like the description I wrote much but there you go.

Edited by Raylen, 15 July 2008 - 01:17 PM.

#13 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

Library info for Reptilian Spear:
Base damage: 25, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, thieves, berserkers, Description: Fully five feet long, this simple-looking spear is anything but mundane. Green and brown scales cover its entire length; they feel comfortable in the palm of your hand. Inherent venom resides throughout the spear, and is delivered to lethal effect through the diamond-sharp tip., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: 0, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0.4, Poison/30s damage: 50, Monster damage table: living:1.05|animal:1.1|humanoid:1.15, Mana leech: .

^^am trying to make it so it "poisons" monsters as well.

Make it like this:

2 Dragon's Skin + Fangs + Jagged Lance + Hydra Thorn + Spider Venom

Weapons on Nightmist cannot poison monsters...it just isn't coded that way.
With damage tables, the multipliers are set to monster names. So, without there being anything with humanoid or animal in the names existing in-game, the multipliers would be without any use.
Another interesting idea though, using Jagged Lance and poisonous things.

I wish the weapon and stamina systems were a bit more complex to where they could be meshed. Make a giant crossbow that fires Jagged Lances, but uses all of a ranger or two's stamina...

-Stadius

#14 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 06:09 PM

Bear with me here...

2x Justice Blade + Crusader's Crest + 2x Spider Gauntlets = Holy Blade... I'm honestly horrible with names....

Library info for Holy Blade:
Base damage: 26, Can be used by: paladins, Description: The holy blade is a member of the double edged sword family of blades wielded throughout the realms, and happens to be the finest made blade of its type. Many a paladin has paid the ultimate price in search of this sacred weapon. The handle caresses your hand like a glove, as the heavy galvanised blade blinds you from the sun. For many years this secret recipe has been closely guarded by the highest of paladin. , Level needed to equip it: 27, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 1, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .
(I'm just as horrid with descriptions...)

I went with Justice Blade to keep the holy aspect of the weapon. SG's because pallys need help with hitting more, and Crusader's Crest to bump up the BD and again with the holy thing. I know throwing armor in there is kind of odd... but it seemed right.

I think that about sums it up. Pally's need help, this is just a little something something.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#15 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:22 AM

I want to suggest this again, simply because it is so different. I have put in the -20 armor to make it the equivalent of having no shield (because you need 2 hands to hold flamethrower).

Library info for Flamethrower:
Base damage: 28, Can be used by: fighters, berserkers, Description: This strange-looking and bulky weapon is one of the oddest innovations seen yet in the realm of Nightmist. Leather straps brace the unwieldy contraption against your chest, and bellows filled with dragon's bile rest under your arms. Squeezing the bellows forces a jet of gas out through the nozzle, and over the pilot light, igniting the flammable vapour. These flames can travel up to twenty feet further, burning all in their path., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: 0, Armor: -20, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0.5, Poison/30s damage: 30, Monster damage table: *see below*, Mana leech: .

*Monsters...should burn plants loads...animals a bit more than normal...but shouldn't hurt ghosts etc at all. Something like:
mummy:2|vines:1.6|maneater:1.3|bear:1.1|bandit:1.1|scarab:0.8|skeleton:0.5|ghost
:0|wraith:0|spirit:0

Make it like this:

3 Dragon's Bile (15% Blue Dragon drop; 2% Hydra Body drop)
1 Fire Bellows (2 Cinder Lungs (3% Giant Cinder Beast drop))
1 Golden Flax Cord

#16 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 11:57 AM

The idea of a flame thrower as such is intresting - similar to a greek fire caster -

Maybe like this:

Library info for Flamethrower:
Base damage: 28, Can be used by: fighters, berserkers, Description: This strange-looking and bulky weapon is one of the oddest innovations seen yet in the realm of Nightmist. Leather straps brace the unwieldy contraption against your chest, and bellows filled with dragon's bile rest under your arms. Squeezing the bellows forces a jet of gas out through the nozzle, and over the pilot light, igniting the flammable vapour. These flames can travel up to twenty feet further, burning all in their path., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: 0, Armor: , Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0.5, Poison/30s damage: 30, Monster damage table: *see below*, Mana leech: .

3 Dragon's Bile (15% Blue Dragon drop)
Metal Fixtures(Melt an adement warhammer in the forge)
1 Fire Bellows (Melel Fixtures + 2 Cinder Lungs)
1x Fire Proof Binding
1 Golden Flax Cord + 1x scroll of aura

#17 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 04:51 PM

Base damage: 25, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, thieves, berserkers, Description: Fully five feet long, this simple-looking spear is anything but mundane. Green and brown scales cover its entire length; they feel comfortable in the palm of your hand. Inherent venom resides throughout the spear, and is delivered to lethal effect through the diamond-sharp tip., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: 0, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0.4, Poison/30s damage: 50, Monster damage table: living:1.05|animal:1.1|humanoid:1.15, Mana leech: .

Make it like this:

2 Dragon's Skin + Fangs + Jagged Lance + Hydra Thorn + Spider Venom

I like this idea. I like it better like this tho:

Base damage: 25, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: Fully five feet long, this simple-looking spear is anything but mundane. Green and brown scales cover its entire length; they feel comfortable in the palm of your hand. Inherent venom resides throughout the spear, and is delivered to lethal effect through the diamond-sharp tip., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: 0, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0.5, Poison/30s damage: 50, Monster damage table: rat:1.25|bunny:1.25, Mana leech: .

Make it like this:

Dragon's Skin + Fangs + Jagged Lance + 2 Hydra Thorn *+ Cobra Venom*

No thief because they can't use reg spear. Mob table because those are the kind of furry lil animals reptiles would rip to bits. Different recipe because I don't see the need for Spider Venom in a Reptilian Spear and I feel like 2 Dragon's Skin is unnessecary.

*ooo New idea, King Cobra could drop Cobra Venom and you could use that in place of Spider Venom. Just popped into my head and I like that idea.*

I like the concept, just thought I'd toss my thoughts out there.

While I'm posting, I'm not too fond of the Flamethrower idea. Particularly the Poison and 28 dmg.

Edit: Plus if Catacombs were opened up, the lvl 30 restriction would make more sense and put the JL to a different use.

That would be a 1-alt only adjustment to the Catacombs.
All crafting posted here is considered for Nightmist Multi only.
-Stadius

Edited by Gaddy, 16 July 2008 - 07:49 PM.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#18 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:08 AM

Library info for Storm Shield:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: fighters, paladins, rangers, Description: A furious storm, eternally trapped in a golden prison. The raging winds offer little in the way of protection; but their strength is bound to you through strong enchantments placed on their prison., Level needed to equip it: 32, Strength modifier: 1, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Make it like this:

Cyclone Token + Golden Mesh Shield* + Enchanted Silk + Spirit Essence
Golden Mesh Shield = Mesh Shield + 2 Goblin Gold + 100,000 Gold Money Order (Pidar)

Interesting idea. Something like training equipment that provides extra hitting rather than actual heavy armor for boss runs etc.
I had been interested in thinking about 'armor sets'. Not so much like matching equipment, but equipment that you would rotate through for different parts of play, if you really wanted to worry about it. So basically things like str, dex, int, or wisd mods (individually) with low base armor that would leave a character vunerable at a really tough area or in PvP moshes/duels.

I am not sure how that would float with other members of the sysops team though.
-Stadius

PS- This is the last place I want you to play your "Up the post count" game. Cut it out.
IE- Do not post "Supported" or copy someone's creation and paste it with a smiley.

Edited by Gaddy, 17 July 2008 - 03:00 PM.

#19 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 20 July 2008 - 07:43 AM

Library info for Blade of Eminence:
Base damage: 30, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: The handle of this blade is forged with beautiful gems. The blade forged from a rare but very strong steel. The blade has the ability to drain life from your foes. Holding the blade feels perfect, as if it was meant for you. It wants to be used., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.03, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: -1, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Items used to craft:

1x Sovereign Sword(Dropped by Blue Dragon)
8x Sapphire Shard(Dropped by Bolted Chest)
1x Jaguar Potion(Dropped by Jaguar/Shop buyable for 1 million gold)
2x Beating Heart(Dropped by Marauder. Low drop rate)
1x Spirit Dust(Crafted from Spirit Essence+15 Fairy Dust)
1x 100000 Gold Money Order

It'll need a little work on the descrips, but it's a start. The base damage and mods could be sorted around a little, but I think it may be good.

Library info for Sword of Existence:
Base damage: 29, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: This sword posesses the potential to drain the health of your foes, but also convert it to the advantage of whom wields this weapon. The blade of the sword is forged from the finest of all metals, and the handle crafted from solid steel., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.05, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

-Stadius

Edited by Gaddy, 20 July 2008 - 03:29 PM.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#20 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 08:50 AM

I'd just note that both the weapon and recipe are very similar to current SoE. Try something like this:

Current Sovereign Sword:

The Sword of Sovereignty contains the spirit of Harabec. It is a sword once used by the heralded warrior named Hawk who helped raise Harabec to its prestigious standing. The sword has been legend ever since its disappearance and has been rumored to be guarded by a mysterious dragon. The blade sparkles in an astonishing appeal. The golden dragons on the handle liven its value and integrity.

Library info for Blade of Eminence:
Base damage: 30, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: Little remains of the once-legendary sword you hold in your hand. Its beauty lies in tatters, corrupted by the foul taint of the heart of darkness; dulled are the golden dragons, and the blade's lustre is no more. In its place you behold the blackest of weapons; driven by the urge to bloodlust, its fire alight in your eyes; eminence is yours, but at what cost?, Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.03, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: -1, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Make it like this:

1 Sovereign Sword
1 Spirit Essence
2 Wraith Essence
3 Sentant Stone
1 Beating Heart
1 Lich Dust
2 Ethereal Potion

Edit: I'd actually like the recipe to involve more evil, if it could. Any ideas?

Not all weapons have to be vampiric, and I think we've reached kind of the 'fill' of high level vampiric swords for now. Perhaps something that is interesting or high base, but I don't know exactly where the base damage cap would need to be put in with Sov. Sword.
-Stadius

Edited by Gaddy, 29 July 2008 - 09:46 PM.

#21 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:12 PM

Library info for Truesilver Runesword:
Base damage: 31, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, thieves, berserkers, Description: This divine sword balances in your grasp with perfect equilibrium. Its hilt flows both cool and warm at one time, and the translucent gems embedded therein pulsate and shimmer with a life-giving energy. The length of the beautiful blade is inscribed with unfathomable runes, which draw the strength of the foe into themselves with a certain ferocity. This strength then feeds back into the wielder of this savage weapon., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.15, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Make it like this:

Mithril Sword + Gem-Studded Hilt* + Trinity Blade + 3x 500,000 gold money order

Gem-Studded Hilt = Magewood Hilt + Fused Aquamarine* + Fused Sentant Stone* + Sapphire Gem (which = 10 Sapphire Shard?)
Fused Aquamarine = 10 Giant Aquamarine
Fused Sentant Stone = 10 Sentant Stone

The main idea here is that you need to "transfer" the runes from the Trinity Blade onto the Mithril Sword. Overall cost to player estimated at around 20 mil...

Same as my last response, and my response to the previous idea about crafting the Sov. Sword into a variation on the Sword of Existence. Then furthered by a drop I got a few weeks ago.
/library Edge of the Eclipse

Edited by Gaddy, 29 July 2008 - 09:47 PM.

#22 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 22 July 2008 - 08:40 AM

Gaddy. I just realised why you complained. But you need to reinstate my Quartz Ring post - I posted a completely different description for Kieran, since he said his wasn't very good.

Furthermore:

Library info for White Ring:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: A ring of pure water, enveloped by a ghostly ethereal surround. The translucent ring feels warm to the touch, and where it sits on your finger, the skin becomes bleached as white as bone. Potent energies hold amidst the vapours, shielding and protecting you from harm., Level needed to equip it: 31, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Make it like this:

3x Mana Core
3x Ethereal Potion
1x Water Ring
3x Scroll of AoP

I'm not fishing up your Quartz Ring desc and reposting it for you because it doesn't belong here. This is not the place for refining descs, etc.
I said you could post alternative RECIPES. It's a matter of if it is put into the game. If it isn't put in, there is no reason to refine a desc.
If it is, I will find your desc and pick between them and making up one.

This ring just doesn't work for me. I don't really have a justification for why, perhaps just from there being a few recipes for 4-ac rings already.

#23 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 29 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

I do like the fact that people are taking the time to come up with and post ideas and recipes. The problem right now is that everyone wants bigger and better.

These recipes are not meant to create the new best weapon to go chase after. Perhaps the best armor for a certain class could be done, but weapons have been pushed and pushed---they need a break, at the least.
If nothing else, at least alternatives rather than bests, such as Viper Claws and Beryllium Sword.

#24 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:06 AM

Library info for Ring of the Guardian:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: This magical ring is crafted of pure gold and encrusted with a large sapphire. Traditionally worn by high ranking paladins, this ring symbolizes inner strength and the desire to safeguard one's friends. Two magical runes, which run along the sides of the band, glows dimly, giving some substance to these virtues., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Recipe:
5x Sapphire Shards + Crystal Rune = Sapphire Gem
Sapphire Gem + 2x Crystal Runes + Gold Ring = Ring of the Guardian

:ph34r:

Basic cost formula:
3x crystal rings (? k) + 5x sapphire shards (75k) + gold ring (75k) = 4ac ring (450k)
crystal ring = ( 450k - 75k - 75k ) / 3 = 100k

PS
Scrolled up and found that Annoyance actually had nearly identical idea.

Edited by Sleeping, 30 July 2008 - 07:49 AM.

Does not play well with others.

#25 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 06:42 AM

Library info for Defender: (an "off-hand weapon" wielded in shield slot)
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: fighters, paladins, Description: Despite the name, the defender is actually a short sword, used for parrying and quick counterattacks. Two entwined runes curves along the blade, bestowing protective enchantment upon it’s wielder. The golden hilt looks somehow bulky next to the thin blade, as if it was originally designed for much longer weapon.., Level needed to equip it: 31, Strength modifier: 1, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

Recipe:
3x Scroll of Aura of Protection + Enchanted Silk + Mana Core = Rune of Protection
3x Scroll of Divine Restoration + Enchanted Silk + Mana Core = Rune of Restoration
Sovereign sword + Rune of Protection + Rune of Restoration + Mithril Sword = Defender

Sorry to Raylen for cannibalizing his ideas.

Edited by Sleeping, 30 July 2008 - 09:50 AM.

#26 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 07:41 AM

Library info for Breastplate of Glory:
Armor base: 42, Can be worn by: druids, fighters, paladins, rangers, Description: Sometimes always looking good even in a bloodiest battle is enough to convince your opponent that the divine grace is on your side. An unknown blacksmith obviously had this train of thought and he purposely used the most expensive materials available while creating this magnificent piece of armor. Numerous valuable gems and high grade gold decorate the breastplate in artistic patterns although offer little in terms of protection. The lining is reinforced with genuine dragon leather, making it extremely resistant to blunt attacks., Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 1.

Recipe:
3x Scroll of Aura of Protection + Enchanted Silk + Mana Core = Rune of Protection
10x Mithril ore = Mithril bar

2x Dragon's Skin + 2x Goblin gold + 2x Giant Aquamarine + Mithril Bar + Rune of Protection + Diamond Necklace = Breastplate of Glory

I always thought there should be an armour to go together with the Jewelled Sword.

#27 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 30 July 2008 - 04:07 PM

Library info for Ring of Sorcery:
Armor base: 4, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, mages, pacifists, Description: What appears to be a normal gold ring is actually inscribed with a fine web of mysterious letters. The ancient words of power give unparrallel protection only to ones who can decipher their true meaning, Level needed to equip it: 30, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

3x Scroll of Divine Restoration + Enchanted Silk + Mana Core = Rune of Restoration
Rune of Protection + Rune of Restoration + Gold Ring = Ring of Sorcery

Don't say it's cheap to make, this ring requires 10(!) drops from 3 different bosses!

#28 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

So anyway, how we lookin at anything getting ingame? There's some neat stuff here, some of which isn't even mine XD

Would be a shame if it wasn't used...

#29 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:53 PM

See now it looks like I said that. WASN'T ME K

Library info for Bracelet of Tranquillity:
Armor base: 1, Can be worn by: clerics, paladins, pacifists, Description: A simple-looking golden band, with a delicate silver inlay. Your first glimpse of this slender bracelet leaves you underawed indeed; yet your eyes return once more to the self-same design. Time and time again you gaze upon it, searching for its enchantment; yet there is none to find. Its power resides in your faithful certitude; your wisdom; your peace. In these ancient ways does it protect and empower you, pushing you to heights of uncharted serenity., Level needed to equip it: 33, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 1, Charisma modifier: 0.

Make it like this:

Silver Bracelet + 3 Goblin Gold + <generic wis ammy> = 3.8m cost

not overpowered at all k

No.

Edited by Gaddy, 09 March 2009 - 08:10 PM.

#30 ice_cold

ice_cold
  • Advisors
  • 1803 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:35 AM

everyone thinks of high level crafting, i have a solution!

Library info for Velvet Katana:
Base damage: 20, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, thieves, Description: Beautifully crafted, the katana has been used for hundreds of years due to its well balanced and light make. With its long blade and a moderate curve, the slender body is sharp with one edge able to cut through most obsticles. The guard is slightly squared, carved out of an elogant wood and the grip is wrapped in a wonderous red velvet., Level needed to equip it: 20, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

3 scarlet daggers (for the velvet) + katana (obvious) + 5,000 gold money order

wouldnt have a clue who to give it to though to do the crafting. is being a lvl 20 item, it would need to be in an available area. simple, elogant, and a change, not only will it be another option for us people who like low levels *all maybe 1 of us* but itll give a use for scarlet daggers other then the site, for a low level, and eating room in the vault.

Edit: i ar spell horribly, critique myself and correct arrr, i mean, yeah, i cant spell.

I imagine this would be rather under-used since it requires crafting and doesn't provide a benefit. Also with the fact that many thieves between level 20 and 25 never take off a Torch...

Edited by Gaddy, 09 March 2009 - 08:13 PM.

I read somewhere that ostrichs hide their heads under the sand because moles watch porn.

ScarletMuse 03/2/2005 11:20am

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users