• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:31 PM

Does anyone think an 8 crit area is a good idea? Could be 8 alts, or 8 users on 1 each.

If so, how about the following:

- Buy a boat in Silversail for say 500k

- You set off out to sea, most likely using Teleport buttons similar to those found in the underground drow temple

- Whilst on your voyage you may encounter monsters!

- At some stage on your voyage, you hit a storm and get shipwrecked (this is unavioadble)

- You end up on a desert island (polar bears not included...) and your boat is trashed!

- You have to go off in search of some nice wood and timber to repair your boat so you can get home (therefore the entire area should not be log-to-local)

- En route you may pass through some jungle (mostly vines, no suitable timber for making a mast here!), complete with all kinds of jungly monsters

- You may also find a dormant volcano, that may have a dragon residing in its nice warm crater

- There may also be some hills, where Hill Trolls might live

- Said Hill Trolls could have a big underground base/town/castle/palace/etc

- There may also be a Lost Valley, with all kinds of monsters once thought to be extinct (dinosaurs!!!), as well as plants that might provide you with additional health/mana

- You may be able to navigate up to the top of a set of really high mountains (the reason that the lost valley is lost, lol)

- These mountains may have "touched the stars", they are so high, and all kinds of celestial beings from other planes and suchlike may reside atop their misty peaks

- You could find grassy plains, open and windswept

- You might finally find a nice forest where you might locate a suitable tree to cut for a mast!

- And then you have to trek back to your boat; hopefully you kept back enough supplies for the journey!

How does that sound? Obviously it could potentially be quite a tough area, so any drops ought to be in line with this :)

The area development rules said to post a link to a map, as well as complete descriptions, but Aeryn said not to, so I'm not :)

Later
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#2 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 08:59 PM

You've inspired me to re-write the area development guidelines to better reflect what it is that staff need to see in an area to consider it.

I like the general idea that you have, but a proposal needs to have much more detail.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#3 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 02:16 PM

ty.

I've got what you want, it's at home.

Will post later :)

#4 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 03:37 PM

As usual, Alan shows off his big ideas in the lazyest of ways. :)

Sounds nice though...

I'd like to bump into a tribe lost in time though.. Speaking some weird language... Like those found in jumanji?

haha :)

#5 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 04:00 PM

Oh baby. I have the uberest plan for a tribe, but I totally can't go into detail here, because the mixture of crying and laughing it would cause inside you would tear you apart (so emo)

Seriously though, it's evil

#6 Hansol

Hansol
  • Members
  • 1039 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 06:10 PM

cool. Nightmist needs some Evilness ....

#7 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 09:26 PM

PLACES

Underground Antechamber: You have reached the end of the mining area. A large steel door blocks your path. Perhaps a more immediate worry is the excessively dangerous Hill Troll bodyguard who has heard you coming a mile off, and prepared himself for battle.
Underground Antechamber: You have reached the end of the mining area. This small antechamber is full of lethal-looking knives and swords, with various splintered wooden dummies hanging loosely from iron hooks in the roof of the cave. Whoever lives and trains here is a professional killer.

Lost Valley: You are standing in a beautiful, steep-sided valley. As you look out across the sloping grassy landscape, you see a multitude of large animals strolling slowly around. With long, snakelike necks and tails, they are truly a strange sight to behold.
Lost Valley: You are standing in a beautiful, steep-sided valley. Most of the valley is open grassland, but some of the lower slopes of the surrounding mountains are decorated with tall green trees. Gazing around, you see that the valley is entirely cut off from the rest of the world by these mountains, which explains the presence of the strange new creatures you are encountering.

Evergreen Glade: You stand among some tall conifers on the western side of the valley. Little light filters through the dense branches, and the flickering shadows play tricks on your eyes.
Evergreen Glade: You stand among some tall conifers on the western side of the valley. The carpet of pine needles feels soft underfoot, and the unique smell tingles in your nostrils. This forest has a subtly different feel to the rest of the valley - you cannot imagine the huge lizards squeezing themselves between these closely packed trees.

Astral Mountains: You stand underneath a beautiful starry sky. Though the sun is below the mountains now, the stars provide plenty of light for you to be sure of your footsteps. Indeed, even the mountains themselves seem to shine a little with the light of stars fallen to earth.
Astral Mountains: You stand underneath a beautiful starry sky. The rocks beneath your feet seem somehow older than you have seen before, and they shimmer slightly with the light of age-old celestial bodies whose time to fall has long since come and passed. These mountains you now find yourself exploring seem high, far higher than you have been before, and you wonder that they do not reach the halls of the gods themselves.

Open Grassland: You have reached the very centre of this storm that rages across the grassland. The winds here swirl madly in every direction, and every now and then you are lifted bodily off your feet by their power.
Open Grassland: You have reached the very centre of this storm that rages across the grassland. The clouds in the sky above you twist and turn, forming and re-forming in a continual dance of mesmeric proportions. Sometimes they appear to form shapes - a face blows wildly above you, before turning into a great fist, then it dissipates into the storm once more.

MONSTERS

Drz'zak's Bodyguard: The ruler of this small underground kingdom is a small, intelligent troll named Drz'zak. He has trained his bodyguard in the ancient troll art of killing. With a judicious look, and a wry smile, Drz'zak's bodyguard launches his attack.

Drz'zak's Bodyguard attacked you with his Throwing Knife for 70 points of damage.
Drz'zak's Bodyguard attacked you with his Stabbing Dagger for 80 points of damage.
Drz'zak's Bodyguard attacked you with his Whirling Staff for 100 points of damage.
Drz'zak's Bodyguard attacked you with his Assassin's Touch for 190 points of damage.
Drz'zak's Bodyguard covertly hid away.

Deinonychus: Similar to the Velociraptor, the Deinonychus' weapons are its bite, and a large slashing claw. This claw hooks deep into its prey, while its jaws rip and tear its unfortunate victim to shreds. Notoriously intelligent, this small dinosaur eyes you carefully, as though determining your suitability for its next meal. Evidently, it decides you are a nice tasty snack, for it attacks without warning.

A Deinonychus attacked you with its Snapping Bite for 60 points of damage.
A Deinonychus attacked you with its Slashing Claws for 40 points of damage.

Pterodactyl: With a thin body, and leathery batlike wings, the Pterodactyl soars through the sunlit sky. Its snapping bill is some three feet long, and is filled with the customary array of viciously sharp teeth that so many of the creatures here posess.

A Pterodactyl attacked you with its Large Jaws for 65 points of damage.
A Pterodactyl picked you up and dropped from the sky, causing you 80 points of damage.

Night Demon: All that is visible of this horror are its glowing red claws and teeth, as well as two pure white eyes. Its only motive for being is to kill, rend, tear and destroy. Life of any kind draws the deadly intentions of this devil, whose cursed talons have put paid to any souls that may once have chosen to dwell here in these forsaken tunnels.

A Night Demon attacked you with its Devil Claws for 80 points of damage.
A Night Demon attacked you with its Vehement Fangs for 45 points of damage.

Celestial Wizard: Dressed in long, flowing blue robes, the Celestial Wizard has the power of the sky and the stars at his disposal. His eyes, each an unholy electric blue, gaze upon you as he raises his hands high, and mutters his first incantation. Lightning crackles from his curved, cracked fingers as the magic takes its toll on him...but its toll on you is surely to be far greater.

A Celestial Wizard attacked you with its Blue Lightning for 75 points of damage.
A Celestial Wizard flings Azure Blades at you for 65 points of damage.
A Celestial Wizard chants an incantation, and a Star Sprite comes into being at his side.

Astrona: Sitting atop a jet-black stallion, the celestial knight Astrona commands every respect of every soul. Covered from head to toe in shining silver and black armour, she rests easily in the saddle, while the horse appears to tread not on the rocky ground, but on burning black air. Her lance is engraved with powerful sigils and sharpened to a point finer than even any dwarven-made spear or elven javelin. Visor lowered, she gently spurs her war-horse in your direction, who responds to her every touch as though their minds were connected. If not careful, your part in this battle will be a short-lived one.

Astrona attacked you with her Astral Lance for 120 points of damage.
Astrona's war-horse smashes you with its hooves for 90 points of damage.
Astrona attacked you with her Shield of the Skies for 75 points of damage.
Astrona kicks you with her armoured boots for 50 points of damage.

DROPS

Serrated Scimitar: Boasting a blade that is four feet in length, this well-balanced scimitar has a sharp, jagged edge that will cut through bone and sinew with equal delight. Its leather-bound hilt rests comfortably in your grip, and fills you with confidence as equally your enemies are filled with terror.

Star-Forged Katana: A deadly weapon of no certain origin, this katana is so sharp that you cannot quite perceive where its edge ends and the air begins. It simply tapers into a narrow haze of pale blue light, which strangely never blunts or dulls with time. Able to penetrate the thickest armour, this is truly a great weapon in the hands of a skilled assassin.

^^examples, have lots :)

edit: colours

PS. I have got a storyline type-thing, but it needs editing so as not to give away secrets! lol

Edited by Raylen, 16 November 2006 - 11:13 PM.

#8 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:13 AM

Does anyone think an 8 crit area is a good idea? Could be 8 alts, or 8 users on 1 each.

Interesting conception. What if a somebody will login in area after there are already 8 crits in there? What if somebody will decide to be bad and keep 8 crits idle in area just so nobody else could enter and get drops?
Does not play well with others.

#9 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:08 PM

seems to me that some of the monsters hit pretty hard for being in an 8-crit area
Page me on Heritage

#10 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:00 AM

lol. Damage is not set at what I say it is, obviously you'd make sure the area was balanced in that respect.

And I suppose you'd just make it so there was a maximum of 8 crits on any one square at a time. Of course, this means someone could be in the area on 16 alts, but they'd have to be in 2 different places, and of course you'd have to buy 2 boats to get them all over there.

Unless there's a better way of doing that.

#11 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:45 AM

Background/storyline

Thunder rolls as you place your third empty pint glass down on the bar of the Fastbond Inn. Heavy rain and howling gales have kept all but the bravest souls inside for the past three days; needless to say, any kind of fishing has been impossible. The townsmen's boats pitch and toss on the waves, their owners praying that no great damage will come to them, in this most fearsome of squalls.

With an almighty bang, the saloon doors of the bar swing open, and a tempestuous wind swirls in, extinguishing all the torches in the room. Jagged forks of lightning reveal a broad figure silhouetted in the doorway. His heavy boots strike the floor ominously as he moves towards you slowly, water dripping onto the boards from his long overcoat and tri-corned hat. He stands over you in an imposing manner before sitting down on the bar stool next to you. He turns to the bartender and says:

"Bloody hell mate can we get some light in here? And how about a shandy for a soaking wet bloke eh?"

He turns to you with a friendly wink. "Sorry about all the drama, but a storm can make for a great entrance mate, you should try it sometime! Most of the guys here know me well enough by now not to be bothered by it too much. The key is in the opening of the doors really. You gotta get it fast enough to make a draft to blow out the torches, but not so hard you break the door, 'cos that can get a bit expensive. Of course now I'm in, they'll light the proper lamps that don't go out, can't go losing customers eh?"

You blink twice, wondering who this strange man is, and what he wants. He looks you up and down appraisingly. "James Hardy's the name mate. You look like a guy who could use a lucky break, and boy do I have the break for you! I've just got in from the other side of the ocean, and guess what I found over there? Gold, mate, by the bucket! I took all I could carry, and now I'm just going to retire and put up my feet. All I gotta do now is sell the boat, and it's yours for a mere 1,000,000 gold pieces."

You blink twice again. Surely he doesn't expect you to believe this? "So, James, you want me to buy a boat? Well what's it like? How many people can it carry? How do I know it's not going to fall apart as soon as we reach the ocean?"

"Mate, you can trust me, we're friends right? I'd give you the map to the treasure but I only found it by accident after being blown off course by a storm. Listen, if you don't want this opportunity of a lifetime, I got plenty of people I know who will. But they ain't here right now, so what ya say?"

You gave James Hardy 1000000 gold.
James Hardy just gave you a Key to the Pride of Silversail.

In descrip for boat you'd have like "The boat has a few holes and some of the rigging is falling down, you got ripped lolz"

Then also it's no surprise that the boat doesn't hold up well when you hit bad weather.

#12 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 02:40 PM

I really like the idea here; I believe Jen had something of the sort setup for silversail.
I would say renting the boat for a lesser cost would make more sense though.

Obviously everything would have to be balanced, and someone would have to like it enough to develope it entirely...
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#13 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:06 PM

I would say renting the boat for a lesser cost would make more sense though.

You haven't seen the drops yet. (my ideas are a +1 dex ring, 31bd weapon for thief etc lol)

LOL

Although it is supposed to be buying the boat in full, rather than just renting it. It shouldn't be too hard to work out a suitable price.

And yeah, someone has to have the time/desire to put it in. Quite hard to find, since I've asked nearly everyone now. But it shouldn't take too long, since I've written everything, right?

Edited by Raylen, 21 November 2006 - 05:07 PM.

#14 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 21 November 2006 - 05:19 PM

And yeah, someone has to have the time/desire to put it in. Quite hard to find, since I've asked nearly everyone now. But it shouldn't take too long, since I've written everything, right?

Actually, balancing the area is the most difficult thing and takes the longest to do. I'm also not quite sure that I like the idea of an area that would be an attraction to only a few (very rich) players in game.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#15 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 01:15 AM

I'm just trying to give people something to do with their gold :)

Because right now there's just nothing to do. We had 2 people on earlier in clan with 13 cobalts between them. That's kinda sad.

And I tell you what, I'll do you a deal. You put in this area to cater only for rich and powerful kidz, and I'll write you an area for people who have say mainly experts. That way, everyone can be happy :)

And anyway, just because people can't afford to go into an area doesn't mean it isn't an attraction. Kinda like how I look at the first class seats on the train :o

#16 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 03:46 AM

I didn't want to say it, but I know what kind of drops you would put in, and they wouldn't be allowed into the game if staff took a vote on it. I would probably be the one to pregnant dog too much against it.
Hence why a staff member would have to go through the trouble of balancing everything out.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#17 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 22 November 2006 - 08:42 AM

Gaddy what's your email, I'll send you what I wrote. There's only about 5 items in there that would be considered overpowered, but I feel they are balanced out by the intended difficulty I have for the area.

For example the +1 dex ring I would have on a monster that moves around and coverts, across an area littered with KTP, fairly tough monsters. On a party of 8 crits, I would aim for it to take say 3-4 hours to kill. And then it's a 1% drop. Something like that anyway lol.

Overall completion time for the entire area (all bosses found/killed and all drops gained) would end up running into years. However, because there is so much to do, so many nice drops to get, people should in theory keep going back.

And I don't think I put anything in to overpower mages :)

#18 MessiahX

MessiahX
  • Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 07:02 AM

Yeah but if this takes year's to completely then

a) Don't you have to complete it to get your crits back off this island? (the woods at the end or do you have a choice where to really go?)

and

:) over a year for just 8 people? That seems like cheap.

#19 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:04 PM

Ok anyway what with the new levels and stuff we could use a good area...

And now the drops won't be overpowered (just make them all lvl 40 only). And as for a staff member going through things to balance them...well I wouldn't expect anything less to happen with a player's area.

Well I still have the area and the idea so use it if you want!

#20 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 25 May 2007 - 05:37 PM

I never saw or heard of this area before now, and looking at it, Alan's put a lot of effort in lol, gw mate!

I like it. Good storyline, drops won't be overpowered now really, and hell, maybe even look at some of Alan's old weapons in the weapon development post lol.

I personally love the idea though, and would write more but my finger hurts. :\
Disaster ingame.

#21 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 10:37 AM

I looked through everything alan sent me in depth and made enough changes throughout the 30 pages for it to be possible. I like the area a plenty and would have no problem with it being made. However, with the playerbase... is there enough need for a vast area such as this?
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#22 Snoopy

Snoopy

Teh Housewifes

• Members
  • 1318 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 11:06 AM

Yes, more and more people are coming back, but will not be staying if new things are not added..
The argument made that only a few people hit the big areas... they have all been in for years, i haven’t got to the dungeon for years because i don’t want the drops, it doesn’t mean i wouldn’t hit a high lvl area if it was introduced. The same with cronos, GCB etc... i only hit the areas that i want drops from really and the same applies for many people who are sitting about now when i bet they would play if a couple of new areas were added...

Another argument says for example not many hit farafar and that’s a new hardish area... but the drop aint useful enough to most people to bother, i hit it because i have lots of thieves so it is useful for me

I would be happy if a new area was made with drops like renamed bots, CR's, 4AC rings, you know useful stuff that isn’t gona over power anything... i would go through hell to get a 29 base zerk weapon with a new name, or even a new sand wurm hide, or a new ranger helmet….
If smoking 1 cig takes 30 seconds from my life, but laughing adds 5 minutes, if I get stoned every night do I live forever?

#23 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

What's good about this area is that it's completely independent of any other area, besides the boat you get from Silversail.

There are many many opportunities for all kinds of bosses, ranging from the pre-historic to the mythological and fantastic.

Limiting it to 8 alts should help make it more accessible for a wider range of players.

The "story-line" through the area is non-linear and has numerous side-quests, mini-bosses and secrets.

The area itself is large enough to take a long time to complete fully, yet there are enough facets of it to keep people interested and coming back.

The area has potential for a HUGE extension which would be by far the greatest area ever made. But it's seriously big and needs tons and tons of thinking out. We are talking probably 8,000-12,000 squares for this extension. If I ever tell you about it you will understand why it has to be so big.

And finally, the potential for a satirical rip-off of a well-known TV series should not be missed...

#24 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:54 PM

DHW?? :)
Neo Ingame

#25 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 02:06 PM

lol, that one too :)

#26 Desendent

Desendent
  • Members
  • 579 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:57 PM

- You end up on a desert island (polar bears not included...) and your boat is trashed!
^^

no polar bears either :)
what about machines that have living black smoke like a hand :)
Neo Ingame

#27 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:04 AM

Was just looking through some old emails and I found my full writings for this area. Forgot how much I actually did...if you have nothing better to do, have a read:

Edit: bump :lol:

** THE LOST ISLAND **
** PLOT **

HIGH LEVEL PLOT BIT FIRST:
Ship, sandy beach, through jungle, up mountain, down through foothills, into caves. SECRET bit into lost valley, or just follow out into mountains. Lost valley comes out in these mountains anyway. Follow mountains out into grassland, then back up via foothills, mountain, jungle, beach. Stuff you need to repair ship is located on the grassland.

- Need to put a Star Chart on an /examine somewhere on Silversail Beach - lookover gives you directions, NOT /library
- Start in Silversail Port.
- Buy a boat for 500k gold. - boat holds 10 crits maximum, max of ONE crit per player. Has a Ship Captain NPC on board.
- Get on the boat, consists of TP buttons taking you various directions. follow the star chart, fight Great White Shark en route (1% drop Shark Tooth Bracelet (1ac), 60% Shark Tooth Necklace, 30% Mariner's Ring (3ac).
- Following directions leads you to the scene of the shipwreck - "The winds pick up, and the boat veers out of your control. A sudden crunch flings you over the edge into shallow water. You stagger ashore onto a sandy beach."
- Beach monsters - Starfish, Giant Crab (drops Crab Meat)
- Get off the beach by finding track into the jungle
- Jungle monsters - Mamba, Army Ants, Black Python, maybe Tiger
- Find the Jungle Clearing, contains food monsters - Anteater - should MOVE around the clearing, like the Jaguar, but doesn't attack
- Jungle should occasionally have traps
- Jungle exits onto Rocky Mountainside - Red Dragon, moves across a large area. Also, KTP Rock Snakes.
- reach the top - Crater Rim - no monsters really - can /examine to find a place where you can go down...
- It's OMG actually a volcano! Need a ROPE to go down inside (lol)
- Crater Floor - /examine for Dragon's Egg - traps "You suffer 25 points of damage from the heat." - sell harabec for 100k or something
- OR go round the top of mountain, and descend into Foothills
- Foothills monsters - Hill Troll, Southern Wolf, Red Buzzard
- wander through foothills to Twisting Caves
- Twisting Caves monsters
- LEVEL 1 Troll Miner, Granite Beast, Cave Scorpion
- LEVEL 2 Troll Miner, Troll Guard
- LEVEL 3 Troll miner, Troll Guard
- LEVEL 4 Troll miner, Troll Guard, Elite Guardian
- LEVEL 5 - Underground Antechamber - Throne Room - Drz'zak's Bodyguard, King Drz'zak
***Trolls have an entire new language which you will need to translate to find the lost valley!!***

/examine in Throne Room - "Running along the ceiling you see two immense chains. They disappear through two holes in the roof of the throne room."
- these two chains appear again on an examine on LEVEL 3 (in a secret area) - Greatsword smashes the chains
- Back up to LEVEL 3, find Hidden Tunnel. /examine directly above throne room - "In a darkened corner on the southern side of the tunnel, you see two large chains running up through small holes in the floor. They appear to be holding some part of the wall in place."
THEN "Using your brute strength, you are able to smash through the chains with your Greatsword. The wall falls away, revealing a small tunnel behind."

- follow to blocked path, gargoyle is there - not an NPC, /mumble to pass
- through to Forgotten Tunnel
- Forgotten Tunnel monsters - Elusive Spectre, Cave Scorpion (ktp)
- ...and out into Lost Valley
- Lost Valley areas - Lost Valley
- Pebbled Riverbank
- Shallow Brook
- Midstream
- Misty Woodland
- Evergreen Glade
Lost Valley - Tyrannosaurus Rex (boss)
- Deinonychus
- Velociraptor
- Pterodactyl
- Diplodocus (food)
- Ankylosaurus (mini-boss)
- Stegosaurus
- Deadly Nightshade (plant, drops elixir, poisonous)
Pebbled Riverbank - Baryonyx
Shallow Brook - Phytosaur
- Quetzalcoatlus
Midstream - Ichthyosaurus (UNDERWATER area)
Misty Woodland - Allosaurus
- Iguanodon (food)
- Triceratops (x3, mini-boss)
Evergreen Glade - Archaeopteryx

Exit from lost valley via Midstream, in the form of a trap - "You are swept downstream and into a narrow cave. You are washed up by the side of an underground lake."
^Give warning about this trap before you get to it, like the waterfall trap in the subterranean waterways^
Lake is accessible from the other side, but no further.
- Underground Lakeside
into Dark Tunnel, which exits onto Astral Mountains - some traps here - also need climbing gear lol
...Astral Mountains also accessible from the Twisting Caves.
- Narrow Cave - Cave Scorpion
Dark Tunnel monsters - Pit Wraith, Night Demon
Astral Mountains monsters - ranger/warrior-like miniboss things, have names Nighthawk, Firestarr, Darkwind, Lonewolf, Astrona.
- other basic monsters: Star Sprite, Griffin, Celestial Wizard
exit from Astral Mountains down onto Open Grassland - which is WINDY (windy tunnel lol)
Open Grassland monsters - Deadly Nightshade, Air Elemental (boss, magic weapon only)
Open Grassland leads into a small forest type place, where you can kill trees for Timber.
Small Forest monsters - Bears lol, also Forest Panther, as well as a few Mighty Oaks (timber, of course)

** DESCRIPTIONS **
Silversail Sea: You are sailing on Silversail Sea. The waves are somewhat choppy, and you occasionally spot fish leaping clear of the deep blue water.
Silversail Sea: You are sailing on Silversail Sea. There is a fair wind blowing, and your progress is swift. You wonder if sometimes you see larger shapes fltting in and out of view beneath the waves.
Sandy Beach: You are on a warm, sandy beach. There is a lagre amount of splintered wood and debris littering the beach here.
Sandy Beach: You are on a warm, sandy beach. The sun is beating on your back, but is not unpleasantly hot. The wreckage of your once-fine vessel lies strewn across the golden-white sand.
Sandy Beach: You are on a warm, sandy beach. Shells are dotted across the smooth golden scene.
Sandy Beach: You are on a warm, sandy beach. The sun is beating on your back, but is not unpleasantly hot. There are a few small animal tracks in the sand.
Jungle Path: You are in a warm and humid jungle. The leaves of the tall trees here filter out much of the sunlight, leaving the floor relatively dark.
Jungle Path: You are in a warm and humid jungle. The jungle floor is damp beneath your feet, and the noise of wildlife is almost deafening at times. Most creatures leave you well alone, but some are out looking for a tasty meal.
Jungle Clearing: You are in a sunny clearing in the jungle. The grass here is long, but is happily dry after the dampness of the jungle.
Jungle Clearing: You are in a sunny clearing in the jungle. The sounds of the jungle are lost into the wind here, the clearing is eerily quiet to your ears.
Jungle Path: You are in a warm and humid jungle. The leaves of the tall trees here filter out much of the sunlight, leaving the floor relatively dark. The ground beneath your feet here is sloping.
Jungle Path: You are in a warm and humid jungle. The jungle floor is drying, and the noise of wildlife is becoming less the higher you go. The air is cooling too, and the end of the trees seems nigh.
Rocky Mountainside: You are standing on a boulder-strewn mountainside. Devoid of much plant protection, the rocks have been worn smooth by the elements.
Rocky Mountainside: You are standing on a boulder-strewn mountainside. The air is fresh, and cool on your cheeks. The only greenery here is an occasional stunted tree with bare branches and only a handful of leaves.
Rocky Mountainside: You are standing on a boulder-strewn mountainside. This high up, no plants grow, and the air is cooling more rapidly.
Rocky Mountainside: You are standing on a boulder-strewn mountainside. As you step carefully, you notice a faint coating of dust on some of the more sheltered rocks.
Crater Rim: You are standing on the edge of a volcanic crater. Small fountains of steam are rising inside the crater. You can feel the warmth, even at this distance.
Crater Rim: You are standing on the edge of a volcanic crater. From the look and feel of the rocks around the rim, it has not erupted for a long time.
Crater Floor: You are standing inside the crater of a large, dormant volcano. There are several steaming pools here, and you are suffering from the heat.
Crater Floor: You are standing inside the crater of a large, dormant volcano. The jagged rocks tell tales of past upheaval and turmoil, though they are now set in place for an age.
Foothills: You are wandering through some grassy foothills. This side of the island is cooler, although still pleasant. The long grass brushes gently against your legs as you walk across the land.
Foothills: You are wandering through some grassy foothills. The rolling terrain seems more peaceful than the noise and humidity of the jungle, although your guard does not drop - there are still things out here to be wary of.
LEVEL 1
Twisting Caves: This twisting labyrinth of caves has evidently not been made by natural means. You can hear the faint sounds of trickling water.
Twisting Caves: This twisting labyrinth of caves has evidently not been made by natural means. Judging from the size of the various mining tools lying around the place, you are not overly anxious to meet the makers either.
LEVEL 2
Twisting Caves: The caves actually seem to be expanding in size the deeper you go. Many years must have been spent creating this gloomy place.
Twisting Caves: The caves actually seem to be expanding in size the deeper you go. There are more tools littering the floor here, and you occasionally hear a faint clunk from an axe hitting stone, or the odd trollish shout.
LEVEL 3
Twisting Caves: The faint glimmer of gold can be seen in the cave walls here. Evidently this is what the miners came down here for in the first place.
Twisting Caves: The faint glimmer of gold can be seen in the cave walls here. The sounds of water you heard earlier are slightly louder than before, and they seem to echo around the caves with an intrinsically eerie whisper.
LEVEL 4
Twisting Caves: The walls here shimmer more brightly than before with the gleam of gold. The miners are more populous here, and many of them ignore you completely, so intent are they on acquiring their yellow wealth.
Twisting Caves: The walls here shimmer more brightly than before with the gleam of gold. Plenty of torches here illuminate the walls where the miners are hard at work, bathing the scene in a dark, golden glow.
LEVEL 5
Underground Antechamber: You have reached the end of the mining area. A large steel door blocks your path. Perhaps a more immediate worry is the excessively dangerous Hill Troll bodyguard who has heard you coming a mile off, and prepared himself for battle.
Underground Antechamber: You have reached the end of the mining area. This small antechamber is full of lethal-looking knives and swords, with various splintered wooden dummies hanging loosely from iron hooks in the roof of the cave. Whoever lives and trains here is a professional killer.
Throne Room: You have entered the throne room of the Troll King Drz'zak. The high, vaulted ceiling seems strange and somewhat out of place. The sides of the hall, behind the carved stone pillars have large piles of gold, and various trinkets. The stone floor is smooth beneath your feet, and stone steps lead up to an enormous throne.
Throne Room: You have entered the throne room of the Troll King Drz'zak. There is an obscene amount of gold simply lying on the floor here, and you wonder at the actual amount. The stone pillars are ornately engraved with designs of strange beasts, the like of which you have never seen on any of your travels. Some stand on two legs, yet look reptilian in form. Others stand on four, yet seem more placid. You wonder at this mystery.
Hidden Tunnel: You have found a narrow tunnel that does not look as though it has been travelled in centuries. There is a stronger golden glow here than in the main caves.
Hidden Tunnel: You have found a narrow tunnel that does not look as though it has been travelled in centuries. The ground beneath your feet is somewhat damper than before, and the rocks are more jagged to touch.
Hidden Tunnel: You have reached a dead-end in the tunnel. Built into the wall at the end of the tunnel is the grinning face of a gargoyle.
Hidden Tunnel: You have reached a dead-end in the tunnel. The wall at the end looks as though is has been built specifically to stop anything from getting out of the caves...or maybe it is to stop something getting in. You can see no way through the well-built wall.
Forgotten Tunnel: The tunnel you now find yourself in has a musty smell that lingers in your nostrils. The path is hard to navigate, and there is the ever-present threat of a rockfall.
Forgotten Tunnel: The tunnel you now find yourself in has a musty smell that lingers in your nostrils. There is no form of sound to reach your ears, aside from your dull-sounding footfalls.
Lost Valley: You are standing in a beautiful, steep-sided valley. As you look out across the sloping grassy landscape, you see a multitude of large animals strolling slowly around. With long, snakelike necks and tails, they are truly a strange sight to behold.
Lost Valley: You are standing in a beautiful, steep-sided valley. Most of the valley is open grassland, but some of the lower slopes of the surrounding mountains are decorated with tall green trees. Gazing around, you see that the valley is entirely cut off from the rest of the world by these mountains, which explains the presence of the strange new creatures you are encountering.
Pebbled Riverbank: You are standing on the banks of a wide, yet fairly shallow river. The water of the river is murky, and you are unable to see below the surface.
Pebbled Riverbank: You are standing on the banks of a wide, yet fairly shallow river. The pebbles under your boots are warm from the day's sunshine, and the occasional small lizard moves quickly out of your path upon your approach.
Shallow Brook: You are wading waist-deep in a muddy river. You shudder as you occasionally feel things brush against your legs, and you contemplate a retreat to the safer shore.
Shallow Brook: You are wading waist-deep in a muddy river. The water here is fairly placid, but you notice that out in midstream, a fairly swift current is moving.
Midstream: You are treading water out in the middle of the river. The current is pushing you inexorably onwards, towards an uncertain end. Many small fishlike creatures swim around you, attracted to your clumsy movements and splashes.
Midstream: You are treading water out in the middle of the river. In such an awkward environment, you can only hope that predators do not take advantage of your weakened position.
Misty Woodland: You are in a misty forest on the eastern side of the valley. Hidden from the sun by the high mountains, the air here is cooler, and the woodland has an altogether more sinister feel than the sunny grassland that makes up most of the rest of the valley.
Misty Woodland: You are in a misty forest on the eastern side of the valley. Large ferns grow on the soft earth amongst the tall trees here, some reaching ten feet in height. From time to time you find a huge footprint, evidently left by one of the creatures that dwell in this shady woodland.
Evergreen Glade: You stand among some tall conifers on the western side of the valley. Little light filters through the dense branches, and the flickering shadows play tricks on your eyes.
Evergreen Glade: You stand among some tall conifers on the western side of the valley. The carpet of pine needles feels soft underfoot, and the unique smell tingles in your nostrils. This forest has a subtly different feel to the rest of the valley - you cannot imagine the huge lizards squeezing themselves between these closely packed trees.
Underground Lakeside: You are standing on smooth stone ground beside a large underground lake. The water laps gently against the shore, making a soothing sound that echoes gently around this cavern.
Underground Lakeside: You are standing on smooth stone ground beside a large underground lake. Across the lake, on its far western edge, you think you can make out a small glimmer of light, but you can see no way of reaching it from here.
Dark Tunnel: You are in a pitch black tunnel. Darkness envelops you here, and the creatures of darkness look to take you for themselves.
Dark Tunnel: You are in a pitch black tunnel. The walls feel smooth to your touch as you feel your way carefully along. Every so often your foot stumbles against a rock, and your feet ache from the uneven journey. Pressing on, you long for a return to the outside world.
Astral Mountains: You stand underneath a beautiful starry sky. Though the sun is below the mountains now, the stars provide plenty of light for you to be sure of your footsteps. Indeed, even the mountains themselves seem to shine a little with the light of stars fallen to earth.
Astral Mountains: You stand underneath a beautiful starry sky. The rocks beneath your feet seem somehow older than you have seen before, and they shimmer slightly with the light of age-old celestial bodies whose time to fall has long since come and passed. These mountains you now find yourself exploring seem high, far higher than you have been before, and you wonder that they do not reach the halls of the gods themselves.
Astral Mountains: You have reached the edge of the Astral Mountains, and also the island you are on. You gaze out across the dark blue sea, and wonder at what other strange lands the ocean might hold.
Astral Mountains: You have reached the edge of the Astral Mountains, and also the island you are on. You occasionally hear the crash of the waves against the foot of the cliffs, even at this great height. The dark rocks shift slightly beneath your feet, and you move back from the cliff edge and continue on your way.
Narrow Cave: You are in a narrow, gloomy cave. Only a small amount of light reaches in here from the outside world. The walls of the cave are close enough to touch on either side, and you feel tightly enclosed by the looming rocks.
Narrow Cave: You are in a narrow, gloomy cave. You hear the occasional click of stone on stone, as though someone or something has been disturbed by your presence. With weapon at the ready, and adrenaline pumping, you continue on your way in this dingy cave.
Astral Mountains: You have reached the western edge of the Astral Mountains. The mountain range ends abruptly, and you will have to find a suitable place to navigate a path down to the grassland.
Astral Mountains: You have reached the western edge of the Astral Mountains. On this side, they are bordered not by the sea, but by flat, fertile grassland. Your legs ache from all the climbing, and the soft grassland will provide a welcome respite from your exertions in this rocky environment.
Open Grassland: You are standing on short, flat grass. The Astral Mountains block your path to the east - there is no way to ascend these sheer cliffs from here.
Open Grassland: You are standing on short, flat grass. Squinting into the wind, you think you can make out the outline of a forest on the far western horizon. You put your head down, and press grittily onwards.
Open Grassland: You are standing on short, flat grass. The warm wind whips across your face, and the clouds move rapidly across the sky. There appears to be very little here in the way of animal life, or even plant life for that matter.
Open Grassland: You are standing on short, flat grass. Squinting into the wind, you think you can make out the outline of a forest on the far western horizon. You put your head down, and press grittily onwards.
Open Grassland: You are standing on short, flat grass. The wind that buffets you seems to be getting somewhat stronger here. The movement of the clouds above you appears to be more circular than it was before.
Open Grassland: You are standing on short, flat grass. From time to time the gusting wind almost knocks you clean off you feet, it is a continual battle to stay upright, let alone walk. The centre of this raging malestrom feels close at hand.
Open Grassland: You have reached the very centre of this storm that rages across the grassland. The winds here swirl madly in every direction, and every now and then you are lifted bodily off your feet by their power.
Open Grassland: You have reached the very centre of this storm that rages across the grassland. The clouds in the sky above you twist and turn, forming and re-forming in a continual dance of mesmeric proportions. Sometimes they appear to form shapes - a face blows wildly above you, before turning into a great fist, then it dissipates into the storm once more.
Open Grassland: You are standing out on flat grassland. The winds still blow here, but not as strongly - the grass here is taller, and other plants grow. You even spot signs of rabbits amongst the greenery.
Open Grassland: You are standing out on flat grassland. The grass waves peacefully in the wind, and as you look west, you can see a small wood ahead of you. Perhaps suitable timber for ship repairs can be found there.
Open Grassland: You have reached the shores of the island. Chalky cliffs drop down to the sea, which rages eternally against the island. Every now and then the sea claims a small part of the cliffs for its own, as it succumbs to the ocean's fury and slips into the deep.
Open Grassland: You have reached the shores of the island. The crumbling cliffs are too dangerous to descend, and at any rate, the sea below exhibits an unnatural hostility as it mercilessly pounds the shore. The ever-present wind gusts at your back, forcing you to retreat from the cliffs and continue on your travels.
Small Forest: You are in a well-populated woodland. You can hear birds in the trees, and the occasional rustle of the undergrowth as some small animal hurries away from your presence.
Small Forest: You are in a well-populated woodland. Looking around, you wonder how long it will be before some of the larger inhabitants of the forest become aware of your presence. Weapon at the ready, you move cautiously on through the trees.

** MONSTERS **
Great White Shark: One of the largest aquatic predators known in the world, the Great White Shark has been known to attack far larger vessels than the one currently holding you into a most precarious position. With rows of jagged teeth and hungry eyes, you are nothing more than lunch to this fiendish fish.
A Great White Shark attacked you with its Gaping Jaws for 80 points of damage.
A Great White Shark attacked you with Body Smash for 40 points of damage.
1% drop Shark Tooth Bracelet (1ac), 60% Shark Tooth Necklace, 30% Mariner's Ring (3ac).
NOTES: Shark should not have too high hp (considering 10 alts max here)

Giant Crab: This outlandishly-sized crustacean far exceeds anything you have ever seen before, even in nightmares. Its pincers flail and snap wildly, looking to cut you in half! You must fight for your life!
A Giant Crab attacked you with its Snapping Pincers for 45 points of damage.
10% drop Crab Meat.
NOTES: Should not be too many of these around

Mamba: The Mamba is a small snake, but needs to be avoided at all costs. With one of the most venomous bites known, only the brave or the foolhardy will tangle with one of these.
A Mamba attacked you with its Venomous Bite for 200 points of damage.
- poison does 500 damage.
NOTES: Low hp (similar to Drow Rogue)

Army Ants: These ants are not much to look at individually. But working together, they can and generally do achieve their goals. Often, the size of a colony can reach over a million individual ants, and they are capable of overwhelming almost any creature by sheer weight of numbers.
An Army Ants attacked you with its Stinging Bite for 35 points of damage.
NOTES: VERY fast stam, two a second or so. Damaged only by Torch or by Magic (mage or druid).

Black Python: The Black Python is at the top of the food chain. And no wonder. Fully a hundred feet long, it is incredibly fast and powerful. Constriction is its preferred method of attack, although its dislocating jaws will just as easily swallow prey that is still alive.
A Black Python attacked you with Constriction for 120 points of damage.
A Black Python attacked you with its Fangs for 30 points of damage.
5% drop Fangs, 1% drop Snakeskin Gloves (6ac, +1 dex, +1 char)
NOTES: only one of these, hourly spawn

Anteater: The Anteater shambles around, looking for a nice anthill or termite nest to poke its long tongue into.
5% drop Anteater Meat.

Red Dragon: This mythical predator is a terrible and fantastic sight to behold. Some fifty feet in length, it almost lazily turns its gaze upon you. Powerful wings often take it far out of your reach, but that is truly a blessing, for its enormous jaws and flesh-tearing claws threaten to rip you limb from limb. Surely your only hope must be to avoid this living incarnation of your most vivid nightmares at all costs.
A Red Dragon attacked you with its Beating Wings for 40 points of damage.
A Red Dragon attacked you with its Flesh-tearing Claws for 70 points of damage.
A Red Dragon attacked you with its Huge Jaws for 100 points of damage.
Drops 50,000 gold. Also 20% drop Dragonscale Ring (4ac), 1% drop Dragon's Blood Amulet (6ac)
NOTES: HIGH hp, probably should not be killable by a party of less than 8 crits.

Rock Snake: The rock snake likes to bask in the warm sunlight. Except for the times where it is hungry, when it moves off to find its next meal. This one would like that next meal to be you.
A Rock Snake attacked you with its Jagged Fangs for 60 points of damage.
NOTES: Medium hp, it is kill to pass and potentially a dragon is on the square too so not too tough!

Hill Troll: Some twelve feet tall, the hill troll is smarter and stronger than its lesser, more common brethren. This one eyes you closely, before yelling a war-cry and lumbering quickly forward to attack.
A Hill Troll attacked you with its Large Club for 55 points of damage.
A Hill Troll smashed you with its Fists for 30 points of damage.
NOTES: magic does less damage than on normal troll

Southern Wolf: The Southern Wolf glares at you through its malevolent green eyes. Boredom will often induce these wolves to kill for the sake of it, and they delight in stalking their prey across the land, and sending up the howls that will instil fear in the hearts of even the bravest souls.
A Southern Wolf attacked you with its Fanged Jaws for 75 points of damage.
NOTES: bit harder than normal wolf

Red Buzzard: The Red Buzzard is one of largest birds in the world. Native to this island, it has sharp eyesight that easily picks you out in this open terrain. With talons that crush, and a sharp, tearing beak, facing one of these is a tough proposition.
A Red Buzzard attacked you with its Crushing Talons for 80 points of damage.
A Red Buzzard attacked you with its Beak for 40 points of damage.
NOTES: nothing to speak of

Troll Miner: This miner is a heavily-built Hill Troll, and he does not appear best pleased to see you. In fact, he seems strangely enraged...but you have precious little time to ponder this, as he grabs two large tools and violently assaults you.
A Troll Miner attacked you with its Huge Pickaxe for 90 points of damage.
A Troll Miner attacked you with its Iron Shovel for 65 points of damage.
NOTES: not a lot

Cave Scorpion: The Cave Scorpion is a small, yet highly dangerous foe. Its great speed enables it to quickly hide among the rubble in the caves, and its venomous sting can quickly kill large prey such as yourself.
A Cave Scorpion attacked you with its Venomous Sting for 130 points of damage.
A Cave Scorpion scuttled across the cave and disappeared from sight.
- poison does 150 damage
NOTES: camo lol

Troll Guard: The presence of guards down here indicates that there is something worth guarding. Armed with simple swords, and protected by well-forged heavy armour, these guards are powerful and deadly foes.
A Troll Guard attacked you with its Broad Sword for 85 points of damage.
A Troll Guard smashed you with its Iron Shield for 65 points of damage.
20% drop Broad Sword, 20% drop Iron Shield
NOTES: none to speak of

Elite Guardian: This troll towers above you. Looming almost three times the size of you, and holding a huge sword in both of his gnarled hands, he is the undisputed champion of this underground troll kingdom. He waits for you to move into range, then strikes with breathtaking ferocity and skill.
An Elite Guardian attacked you with its Greatsword for 120 points of damage.
An Elite Guardian attacked you with its Powerful Kick for 60 points of damage.
An Elite Guardian attacked you with its Huge Fists for 50 points of damage.
An Elite Guardian attacked you with its Headbutt for 40 points of damage.
7% drop Greatsword (26 bd, str +1, zerk only)

Drz'zak's Bodyguard: The ruler of this small underground kingdom is a small, intelligent troll named Drz'zak. He has trained his bodyguard in the ancient troll art of killing. With a judicious look, and a wry smile, Drz'zak's bodyguard launches his attack.
Drz'zak's Bodyguard attacked you with his Throwing Knife for 70 points of damage.
Drz'zak's Bodyguard attacked you with his Stabbing Dagger for 80 points of damage.
Drz'zak's Bodyguard attacked you with his Whirling Staff for 100 points of damage.
Drz'zak's Bodyguard attacked you with his Assassin's Touch for 190 points of damage.
Drz'zak's Bodyguard covertly hid away.
NOTES: nope

King Drz'zak: Though not much to look at, this small troll is deceptively strong, and is not afraid of a fight. Scars on either cheek are a testament to his prowess with the serrated blade he now attacks you with.
King Drz'zak attacked you with his Serrated Scimitar for 60 points of damage.
King Drz'zak threw a Poisoned Dagger at you for 50 points of damage.
- poison does 50 damage
King Drz'zak yells loudly, and a Troll Guard rushes to his aid.
5% drop Serrated Scimitar (27 bd, zerk, pally, fighter)
NOTES: nothing much really

Elusive Spectre: The spectre shimmers in and out of view. Its misty talons cut right through you, chilling your blood and threatening to stop your heart as it beats. It flickers around these tunnels, never stilling for a second.
An Elusive Spectre attacked you with its Chilling Touch for 30 points of damage.
An Elusive Spectre attacked you with its Wrathful Claws for 20 points of damage.
An Elusive Spectre disappeared into the darkness.
1% drop Dark Spectral Ring (0ac, +1 dex), 90% drop Nightshade Elixir
NOTES: 4 stam attacks, so it should covert fairly often. also, moves around large area, and moves quickly

Tyrannosaurus Rex: The Tyrannosaurus Rex is the biggest, most powerful predator in the valley. Supported by two tree-trunk hind legs, and with a long tail for balance, this beast moves with a surprising turn of speed for its size. Its huge head is filled with razor-sharp teeth, each the larger than your hand. Yellow eyes fix themselves upon you as it calculates its strike. This devil incarnate will surely devour you where you stand. You fight for your very existence.
A Tyrannosaurus Rex attacked you with its Jaws for 150 points of damage.
A Tyrannosaurus Rex attacked you with its Stamping Feet for 100 points of damage.
100% drop Bone Staff (22bd, all classes)
NOTES: uh, badass boss lol

Deinonychus: Similar to the Velociraptor, the Deinonychus' weapons are its bite, and a large slashing claw. This claw hooks deep into its prey, while its jaws rip and tear its unfortunate victim to shreds. Notoriously intelligent, this small dinosaur eyes you carefully, as though determining your suitability for its next meal. Evidently, it decides you are a nice tasty snack, for it attacks without warning.
A Deinonychus attacked you with its Snapping Bite for 60 points of damage.
A Deinonychus attacked you with its Slashing Claws for 40 points of damage.
NOTES: one or two of these on a square

Velociraptor: This small predator is almost wolfish in its mentality. Though only roughly the same size as you, these fearless hunters can bring down prey several times their own size. They prefer to hunt in small packs, and surround their prey before delivering the fatal blow to the neck.
A Velociraptor attacked you with its Tearing Jaws for 50 points of damage.
A Velociraptor attacked you with its Jagged Claws for 35 points of damage.
NOTES: at least three of these at once, never less, lowish hp though

Pterodactyl: With a thin body, and leathery batlike wings, the Pterodactyl soars through the sunlit sky. Its snapping bill is some three feet long, and is filled with the customary array of viciously sharp teeth that so many of the creatures here posess.
A Pterodactyl attacked you with its Large Jaws for 65 points of damage.
A Pterodactyl picked you up and dropped from the sky, causing you 80 points of damage.
20% drop Leather Bands (1ac all classes)
NOTES: high dex to represent flying into the sky

Diplodocus: In terms of size, you have simply never seen a living being this large. Its long neck is easily capable of reaching the highest leaves of the tallest trees, whilst its huge body is held up by four enormous legs, each one the width of a mighty oak. Though it is a peaceful being, at 35 tons in weight it can crush with the greatest of ease, while its long, powerful tail gives it a fair defence against attackers.
A Diplodocus attacked you with its Flailing Tail for 35 points of damage.
100% drop Diplodocus Meat
NOTES: few of these around in a small herd maybe

Ankylosaurus: This heavy-set creature stands low to the ground. Its back is entirely covered with heavy bone armour. Bony spines run down either side of its body, preventing predators from reaching underneath its armour. Its only apparent offensive weaponry is the heavy bone club at the end of its tail, which it uses to smash its attackers. This four-ton mass of bone and muscle looks enraged that you have intruded upon her nest, and her normally avoidant nature is turned into frenetic rage.
An Ankylosaurus attacked you with its Clubbed Tail for 95 points of damage.
NOTES: no drop, maybe an examine inside the nest - KTP to get in, but can run away if you want

Stegosaurus: This strange-looking beast is something of a clusmy creature. It has large, bony plates that extend vertically from its back, and a tail with two sharp spikes protruding from either side. It waddles curiously, perhaps as a consequence of its long back legs, and short front ones. Yet despite this oddly-designed body, it still looks capable of dealing a horrific wound with its spiked tail. Any attacks on this beast must be well thought out, and executed with caution.
A Stegosaurus swung its Spiked Tail at you for 70 points of damage.
A Stegosaurus bit you for 20 points of damage.
100% drop Bone Plate (nothing, just item atm...)
NOTES: plate you'll give to someone somewhere for uber armour

Baryonyx: The most obvious features of this troll-sized reptile are the foot-long claws on each of its feet. A notorious scavenger, the Baryonyx will eat any meat it can get, from fish, to other dinosaurs...to you. True to form, this one looks up from the bony carcass it is currently stripping, and moves purposefully towards you.
A Baryonyx attacked you with its Huge Claws for 60 points of damage.
A Baryonyx attacked you with its Snapping Bite for 40 points of damage.
30% drop Baryonyx Claw (same as Hawk Talon, can also sell somewhere for 60k or so)
NOTES: not a whole load of these around

Phytosaur: Similiar to the common crocodile, the fifteen-foot long Phytosaur dwells in the rivers of this forgotten valley. Thick bony armour covers its body - unlike its common relative, even the neck of this monster is protected from attack. Its huge jaws open wide, showing the teeth that aim to make mincemeat of you. Its assault is as ferocious as it is relentless.
A Phytosaur attacked you with its Massive Jaws for 100 points of damage.
NOTES: high dex so its like being underwater, but not quite that bad yet.

Quetzalcoatlus: The largest of the pterodactyls, Quetzalcoatlus boasts a forty-foot wingspan, as well as strong, taloned feet. Its narrow head tapers into long, reptilian jaws, which snap powerfully enough to rip through skin and muscle, and even shatter bones. It soars gracefully through the sky, its sharp eyesight picking out the slightest of movement on the ground below. Your progress through this land has not gone unnoticed by this winged ruler of the skies.
A Quetzalcoatlus picked you up and dropped from the sky, causing you 100 points of damage.
A Quetzalcoatlus attacked you with its Slashing Talons for 80 points of damage.
A Quetzalcoatlus attacked you with its Reptilian Jaws for 70 points of damage.
75% drop Dinosaur Eye (will be a crafting thingy, like much else here), 3% drop Ancient Ring (1ac, +1 wis)
NOTES: high dex to represent flying into the sky, only one of these though

Ichthyosaurus: This fishlike predator reminds you of the sharks near Silversail. With a stabilising dorsal fin, and double-pointed tail, this predator is at home in the deep water of the river as you are out of place. It spots your unease, and decides the time is ripe to move in for the kill.
An Ichthyosaurus attacked you with its Tearing Teeth for 40 points of damage.
NOTES: underwater monster

Allosaurus: Similar in design to the Tyrannosaurus, the Allosaurus has the same powerful back legs and small, weak front legs as its larger relative. Its massive head houses powerful, bone-crunching jaws, which loom above you, at nearly three times your own height. This carnivorous beast is out for your blood!
An Allosaurus attacked you with its Heavy Jaws for 60 points of damage.
An Allosaurus attacked you with its Clawed Kick for 50 points of damage.
NOTES: just make it less tough than t-rex

Iguanodon: This normally mild-natured herbivore is startled into action by your sudden appearance. With a weight of ten thousand pounds, it is not to be trifled with. Its jaws, while normally employed in the uprooting of ferns and various plants, are equally capable of delivering a crippling bite to the attacker who ventures too close.
An Iguanodon slashed at you with its Claws for 30 points of damage.
An Iguanodon attacked you with its Sharp Teeth for 25 points of damage.
50% drop Iguanodon Meat
NOTES: not a lot really

Triceratops: Well-built and well-balanced, this fourteen-ton beast is probably the most dangerous herbivore you are ever likely to come across. It is well used to fending off attacks of such natural born killers as the Tyrannosaurus - your presence here is unwelcome, but your death is surely close to a formality. The Triceratops points its three-horned head directly at you, and begins its charge.
A Triceratops attacked you with its Goring Horns for 110 points of damage.
4% drop Bone Horn (just an item)
NOTES: three of these, only on one square though

Archaeopteryx: This animal appears to be a cross between a bird and a lizard. Though only a foot in length, it moves with great speed between the trees, and shows no sign of fear when it comes to attacking much larger foes. Its wings whisper through the branches, and you are never sure where the next attack will come from with this unnatural-looking creation.
An Archaeopteryx attacked you with its Piercing Bite for 20 points of damage.
An Archaeopteryx raked you with its Small Talons for 15 points of damage.
15% drop Rainbow Feather (item)
NOTES: High dex, low hp like 200 or so

Deadly Nightshade: This seemingly innocuous flower harbours a lethal toxin. However, it is possible to create the valuable Nightshade Elixir from juices found in its stem - hence the high number of fatalities from deadly nightshade poisoning.
A Deadly Nightshade attacked you with its Poison for 65 points of damage.
- poison does 65 damage
25% drop Nightshade Elixir
NOTES: should be able to harvest nightshades from this, for the loss of some health

Night Demon: All that is visible of this horror are its glowing red claws and teeth, as well as two pure white eyes. Its only motive for being is to kill, rend, tear and destroy. Life of any kind draws the deadly intentions of this devil, whose cursed talons have put paid to any souls that may once have chosen to dwell here in these forsaken tunnels.
A Night Demon attacked you with its Devil Claws for 80 points of damage.
A Night Demon attacked you with its Vehement Fangs for 45 points of damage.
NOTES: only one plz, should be hard

Star Sprite: Formed from the remnants of a black star, the Star Sprite skips through the night sky like an angelic vision. However, this parallel stops with the malevolent humour with which it torments the unwary. This ethereal, manic being is a tricky foe for even the most resourceful warrior.
A Star Sprite attacked you with its Unholy Touch for 45 points of damage.
NOTES: quite a few of these

Celestial Wizard: Dressed in long, flowing blue robes, the Celestial Wizard has the power of the sky and the stars at his disposal. His eyes, each an unholy electric blue, gaze upon you as he raises his hands high, and mutters his first incantation. Lightning crackles from his curved, cracked fingers as the magic takes its toll on him...but its toll on you is surely to be far greater.
A Celestial Wizard attacked you with its Blue Lightning for 75 points of damage.
A Celestial Wizard flings Azure Blades at you for 65 points of damage.
A Celestial Wizard chants an incantation, and a Star Sprite comes into being at his side.
10% drop Azure Robes, 30% drop Astral Star Chart (map to get back aye)
NOTES: maybe have 5 or so of these spread out over the mountains

Nighthawk: It is hard to describe what you see of the assassin Nighthawk. Most mortals merely feel his silent blade sliding gracefully between their ribs as they breathe their last, and he is departed at once with perhaps a fleeting glimpse of a grey-green cloak. But this unseen enemy sees you certainly, for his attacks are swift and deadly.
Nighthawk attacked you with his Star-Forged Katana for 110 points of damage.
Nighthawk vanished into the surrounding darkness.
Nighthawk disappears from view with a swish of his grey-green cloak.
10% drop Star-Forged Katana (31bd, magical, thief only)
NOTES: two separate coverts, so he does it often...should have 2 or 3 stam attacks at once

Firestarr: Named for her fiery temper as much as the blazing cloak which protects her, the celestial ranger Firestarr boasts beauty unequalled across the planes, as well as a sure shot and graceful athleticism. Small jewels rest easily in her fire-golden hair, and eyes that burn with a visible passion consume your gaze. Your reverie is cruelly ended by her lightning-quick assault.
Firestarr fired a dual shot at you with her Celestial Bow for 60 points of damage.
Firestarr rapidly fired at you with her Celestial Bow for 75 points of damage.
Firestarr fired a flaming arrow at you with her Celestial Bow for 90 points of damage.
Firestarr hypnotised you.
10% drop Celestial Bow (23bd, +1 char, magical, ranger only)
NOTES: not a lot, guess is kinda like the Mountain Ranger...high gold drop btw

Darkwind: Darkwind stands poised elegantly atop a small, flat rock. Entirely naked, save for the purest white loincloth around his waist, this wondrous being boasts a rippling, muscled chest, as well as thunderous legs, the size to turn every eye. In each of his huge arms he holds a dazzling white blade, which nigh on burns your eyes to behold. He bows his head silently, before leaping into a spinning, whirling, raging dance of death.
Darkwind launched a frenzied assault on you, causing you 90 points of damage.
Darkwind attacked you with his Starlight Blade for 80 points of damage.
Darkwind leaps at you and pummels you for 40 points of damage.
10% drop Starlight Blade (29bd, +1 char, magical, zerk only)
NOTES: could have high stam and lower damage possibly

Lonewolf: Lonewolf is the true master of shape-changing. Able to take any animal form at will, he slides in and out of view, depending upon his whim. Yet all the while, his eyes never leave you, his guard never for a second drops, as though he may anticipate your every move before you know it yourself.
Lonewolf morphed into a Lion and smashed you with his Clawed Paws for 100 points of damage.
Lonewolf transformed himself into a Python and constricted you for 85 points of damage.
Lonewolf transformed into a Tiger and attacked you with his Jaws for 75 points of damage.
Lonewolf morphed into a Great Eagle and flew out of sight.
10% drop Starskin Boots (5ac, all classes)
NOTES: not a lot...

Astrona: Sitting atop a jet-black stallion, the celestial knight Astrona commands every respect of every soul. Covered from head to toe in shining silver and black armour, she rests easily in the saddle, while the horse appears to tread not on the rocky ground, but on burning black air. Her lance is engraved with powerful sigils and sharpened to a point finer than even any dwarven-made spear or elven javelin. Visor lowered, she gently spurs her war-horse in your direction, who responds to her every touch as though their minds were connected. If not careful, your part in this battle will be a short-lived one.
Astrona attacked you with her Astral Lance for 120 points of damage.
Astrona's war-horse smashes you with its hooves for 90 points of damage.
Astrona attacked you with her Shield of the Skies for 75 points of damage.
Astrona kicks you with her armoured boots for 50 points of damage.
10% drop Astral Lance (29bd, 0.1 vamp, magical, fighter/pally only)
NOTES: Astrona is tougher than the other 4, should be the last one you come to

Air Elemental: This air elemental is the reason for the storm you now find yourself in. With its expressionless face and mighty fists, it sails through the malestrom with breathtaking speed, twisting this way and that, inducing the storm to even greater fury.
An Air Elemental attacked you with its Furious Fists for 60 points of damage.
An Air Elemental attacked you with its Thunderous Roar for 50 points of damage.
An Air Elemental flung you to the ground for 30 points of damage.
5% drop Storm Pendant (3ac, +1 wis)
NOTES: magic weapons only plz

Forest Panther: The forest panther lives solely in this small woodland. Equally at home in the branches as it is on the ground, this one is angered by your presence in its otherwise tranquil home. Its claws and teeth look horribly sharp, and its eyes bear a look of loathing which greatly startles you.
A Forest Panther attacked you with its Black Claws for 60 points of damage.
A Forest Panther attacked you with its Sharp Teeth for 30 points of damage.
NOTES: nothing, just here to make it a bit different

Mighty Oak: This tall tree has stood for years and years. It will be tough to fell it, unless you have brought the right tools for the job.
100% drop Timber
NOTES: doesnt attack, need to use some kind of axe on it (NOT pickaxe lol). Normal weapons do SOME damage though.

** OTHER NPCS **
Ship Captain: The Ship Captain is a tall, well-built man in his late 40's. He looks at you through deep green eyes, and his face bears an unreadable expression. You feel as though you have been judged and found wanting.
Once on the island, /give the Ship Captain...
Arcane Gargoyle: Bearing a leering expression upon its ugly face, the Arcane Gargoyle defies you with every curse it utters. Its malevolent eyes dart around, never gazing in one spot for too long.

** ITEMS DROPS **
Shark Tooth Bracelet: These sharp, yellowed teeth, tied together with wire wool, wrap around your wrist in snakelike fashion. They offer a small amount of physical protection.
Mariner's Ring: A large, tarnished ring. There is a high-strength magical aura radiating from this ring, although it evidently was not strong enough to save its last unfortunate owner.
Crab Meat: Tasty meat!
Snakeskin Gloves: These pretty gloves fit snugly around your hands and wrists. Strong enough to block many a glancing blow, these gloves also impart to you a small amount of the snake's speed and agility.
Dragonscale Ring: The highly protective magic contained in each scale of the dragon usually dissipates upon its death. However, occasionally, some of it lingers on, and it is still prevalent in this darkly-toned ring.
Dragon's Blood Amulet: The spirit of the dragon lives on in this amulet, which contains a small amount of its blood. As such, it offers great protection for the wearer.
Dragon's Egg: This large egg needs to be kept at very high temperatures in order for the baby to survive. Taken from the nest, it is now nothing more than a valuable trophy.
Greatsword: This trollish weapon can only be held by the strongest of warriors. For those that can wield it though, it carries a powerful strengthening charm, as well as delivering a damaging blow to any foe.
Serrated Scimitar: Boasting a blade that is four feet in length, this well-balanced scimitar has a sharp, jagged edge that will cut through bone and sinew with equal delight. Its leather-bound hilt rests comfortably in your grip, and fills you with confidence as equally your enemies are filled with terror.
Dark Spectral Ring: A dark band of mist that wraps itself around your finger in chilling fashion, this ring places some of the elusive power of the spectre at your disposal.
Bone Staff: Taken straight from the carcass of the fearsome Tyrannosaurus Rex, this staff is in itself a testament to the strength and valour of its wielder. Filled with the destructive nature of the beast it once was a part of, this staff is a fearsome weapon even in the hands of the inexperienced fighter.
Leather Bands: These leather bands wrap around your wrist and forearm, giving you a minimal amount of protection from blows.
Diplodocus Meat: A nice piece of leg meat from one of the biggest legs ever to exist.
Bone Plate: A large bone plate taken from the back of a Stegosaurus.
Baryonyx Claw: A viciously sharp, foot-long bone claw. Whether slicing or stabbing, this weapon can and will cause high damage, but only in the hands of one who has a natural affinity for the wild.
Dinosaur Eye: The soft eyeball of a large dinosaur.
Ancient Ring: Formed somehow by a small fusing of the dinosaur's spine, this ring has lived for an age as part of one of the greatest living predators. As such, it is imbued with some of the age-old wisdom of the species - wisdom which now is conferred upon the fortunate wearer.
Iguanodon Meat: Some meat, tastes like chicken!
Bone Horn: A long, sharp horn.
Rainbow Feather: A tantalising, beautiful feather.
Star-Forged Katana: A deadly weapon of no certain origin, this katana is so sharp that you cannot quite perceive where its edge ends and the air begins. It simply tapers into a narrow haze of pale blue light, which strangely never blunts or dulls with time. Able to penetrate the thickest armour, this is truly a great weapon in the hands of a skilled assassin.
Celestial Bow: The Celestial Bow is a thing of true beauty. It never holds one hue for more than a second, but continually shimmers gently through the spectrum, captivating your mind. Its string is formed from purest woven starlight, and it fires with exquisite power and direction.
Starlight Blade: This long, heavy sword is a remarkable creation. Its blade burns with an almost painful intensity, yet your eyes can strangely not avoid its glare. Only to be used by those with extreme strength, this blade carries with it the power and beauty of the heavens.
Starskin Boots: Stitched by the loving hands of the star-goddess Alisa, these boots display a veritable patchwork of delightful colour. The inherent magic found in every thread bestows supernatural physical protection upon the wearer's calves and feet.
Astral Lance: This long white lance is perfectly balanced. Its entire length is covered with glowing golden sigils and runes, which pulse brightly with every strike that lands upon a foe. This heavenly creation is filled with the spirit of the very stars themselves, and its mythical power cannot be overstated.
Storm Pendant: This glass pendant is filled with a swirling grey mist that never ceases its dance. It serves to impart some of the protection and wisdom of the elemental from whence it came.

Edited by Raylen, 15 January 2012 - 12:05 AM.

#28 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:43 AM

Nice.
Apocalypto

#29 ice_cold

ice_cold
  • Advisors
  • 1803 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 10:52 PM

looks like a crap ton of very high end drops that completely break items from all other areas (+ stats for zerks, 31 bd thief weapon, + stat rings, +armor amulets with mods), seems to be an unnecessarily large area (though concept is interesting), monsters dont hit hard enough, with the ability to never have to log to local?
I read somewhere that ostrichs hide their heads under the sand because moles watch porn.

ScarletMuse 03/2/2005 11:20am

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users