• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 02:36 AM

Getting off the weapon subject....

How bout some armor

Angelic Robes:
Armor Base: 35,
Can be worn by: Mages,
Description: Made from the highest ranking angels of the Heavens, These robes are made for battle, made to intimidate and confuse the opponent with it's hypnotic shine. Whom who wears these robes are considered holy and very powerful.
Level needed to equip it: 30
Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

This is for veriety, if an item with the same stats doesn't exist, this idea doesn't go here.

-------------

In any case. The descriptions can be the same as the original, but, /shrug.
Cobalt Sword of the Winds
Cobalt Dagger of the Winds
Cobalt Lance of the Winds

Incase you can't tell, the original item is Cobalt Staff of the Winds :P

#62 Angelic

Angelic
  • Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 12:11 AM

You can't change the names up a little and give them new descriptions? The names seem so...plain, and the same description over and over would be horrible. And also...'Dagger of the Winds' and 'Cobalt Dagger of the Winds' is blech.

How about:

Ruby Dagger: Crafted from the finest metallic substances in the entire realm of Nightmist, this Dagger is not only known for its destructive power, but its beauty as well. The large red stone in the hilt seems to emit a dull glow, only visible to the one who wields it. The stone appears to have magical properties as well; When used in battle the stone absorbs the very life force of your enemies. (Was hoping that 'ruby dagger' wouldn't conflict with the 'ruby ring's ' stat modifications... I just like rubies. :P )

Blade of Enchantment: The whole weapon has been covered by a spell, enhancing the weapons' abilities ten-fold; it has a faint resonating glow that covers it from top to bottom. Not only is this weapon extraordinarily destructive, but with every consecutive hit you seem to regain the health that has been lost by your enemy.

And I don't see the need for a Spear, seeing as Paladins use blades from level 23+.

(I kind of got lazy writing for the BoE...if anyone feels like writing a better description then feel free to go ahead.)
Ç®åz¥ Åñgë£ äká º»½ GøôĞ G ½ ßåĞ G«º

Crith/Angelic in-game.

#63 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 09 November 2004 - 02:50 AM

Name: Runic Gloves
Desc : Plain and fairly simple gloves bearing sigils of protection and safety cast by fledgling wizards of local fame.

Name: Enchanted Cufflinks
Desc : A small silver set of cufflinks that will fix to the cuffs of any garment, enchanted with some weak magical symbols

Name: Protective Gauze
Desc : Flimsy and delicate, this fine mesh can shield your fists from only the lightest of wounds

Name: Damaged Gauntlets
Desc : While once impressive, this item is now overused and in a poor state of disrepair. It would likely shatter if someone tried to use it now for defensive purposes

Name: Silken Bracers
Desc: Rather than constructed of harder and harsher materials, these bracers were woven together finely in tender, cream-coloured silk. Though the protection offered by these cannot possibly rival that of traditional shields, the comfort and sleekness make it a favourite among magic users.

Name: Fire Bands (Used in-game - Crane)
Desc: Tightly placed rings, each slightly larger than the last as to fit snuggly over the forearms. The metal rings feel oddly warm but not to the point of causing distractions to one weaving spells or partaking in combat. When placed directly under the sun, the faint outline of one of the Runes of Fire can be seen.

I am really pulling for new bracers for mages... ^^;

Edited by Crane, 25 August 2005 - 02:38 PM.

Posted Image

#64 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 24 November 2004 - 04:38 PM

Library info for Wooden Bracers:
Armor base: 1, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: The wooden bracers hold a small amount of protection for the wearer's forearms., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

This is the ultimate mage wepon.....

I like Squees Alts for the wooden bracers woul be a nice addition.
Stadic Ingame...

#65 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 01 January 2005 - 08:07 PM

Something for Kantele...

Name: Elven Bracers (Used in-game - Crane)
Base: Shield of Faith / Feathered Shield
Minimum Level: 15
Armour: 12
Classes: Druids, Rangers
Description: The Elven Bracers were painstakingly hand-crafted over many long years by Elven blacksmiths and then enchanted with magical runes to further augment their protection. Their compact and lightweight design make them an ideal choice for archers and those who are naturalistic, where conventional shields are likely to hinder movement.

Edited by Crane, 21 March 2005 - 03:28 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#66 Go Away

Go Away
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 January 2005 - 05:23 PM

Library info for Hooksword:
Base damage: 21, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: This odd weapon is another creation of Edric, and consists of a steel bar fitted with hook-shaped blades Level needed to equip it: 18, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Library info for Bronze Warhammer:
Base damage: 21, Can be used by: fighters, paladins, berserkers, Description: Much like the basic warhammer, this crude weapon has a wooden handle with leather grips, but it has been upgraded with a much heavier head Level needed to equip it: 18, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Tired of seeing pikes. :unsure:
Bye.

#67 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 17 February 2005 - 10:07 PM

Original: Spell Book of Flame

:unsure: Whats that? Sorry if i'm being a bit Nubby lol but what is that?? Is it possible to Obtain?
Disaster ingame.

#68 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 10:19 AM

:unsure: Whats that? Sorry if i'm being a bit Nubby lol but what is that?? Is it possible to Obtain?

The item "Scroll of Flame" does exist, but is not directly obtainable, except via buying the spell from a Mage Guild. Squee's suggestion was a spell alternative to Flame, that does the same damage, but uses the power of ice rather than fire.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#69 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 February 2005 - 11:37 PM

A small request... would people be willing to design alternative items based on the Cobalt Staff of the Winds? Since it is becoming ever so popular these days.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#70 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 04:41 AM

Original- Cobalt Staff of the Winds

Ruby Scepter
Library info for Ruby Scepter:
Base damage: 27, Can be used by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, berserkers, Description: Slender tubes of gleaming liquid metal wined around the elaboratly carved silver-stained ivory rod. A ruby sits atop the enchanting base; within the center of the dazzling gem there is a dagger like vampiric tooth, which sucks the life of victims. Masters of ancient magic casts spells upon the marvellous weapon causing it to be unbreakable in any way. Passed down from generations of ledgendary warriors, the Ruby Scepter brings glory to all who battle with it., Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.3, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Weapon Name Undecided (Possibly something like Dark Club of the Titans---really sounds corny to me though)
Library info for XXXX:
Base damage: 27, Can be used by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, berserkers, Description: The large club has a deep black coating, seemingly tainted by the mine dwellers' greed. The dark powder which is sealed to the club is said to be the dust of a titan's soul. The XXXX is extremely dangerous in combat despite it's simple structure, and as victims are slain, the mysterious coat absorbs their life and feeds the life into the wielder's body. Many great warriors have been overcome by the glorious weapon, and cannot allow themselves to release it from their grip., Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.3, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Edited by Gaddy, 01 March 2005 - 05:15 AM.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#71 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 06:14 PM

I like em Gaddy, cobalts are becoming a tad boring.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#72 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 03 March 2005 - 10:31 PM

Hmm, i'm kinda going the other way...

To compare this staff to any other mortal weapon would be preposterous. This dazzling blue staff has been enchanted with the magical auras of every god throughout history. Passed down from deity to deity, the last immortal owner of this weapon decided to finally grace the mortal world with its presence.

Kinda gives me the impression that there should not be any alternatives to this. I'm not against variety, just maybe this is an exceptional case.
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#73 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:06 AM

Well, when that desc was made...I almost don't think they even expected there to be multiples of them in game. Think about how much less gold was in Nightmist back in the day.
When I started, I think Disjunction was the only crit I ever heard of using a Cobalt, and he won EVERY SINGLE friggin mosh with it, too.

Now there are quite a few of them...really takes away from the glimmer in the first place, so alternates to it make sense to me. Though I agree that the Cobalt's desc makes it seem un-dupable...

Remember when BoT came out? There was a lot of huss and fuss, mostly from Jurian I think, about which was better between the two...now with the SS, I think Cobalts got plenty of things to be compared to anyway.

(Not trying to say you're wrong or that you were putting down the idea---just explaining why I think it makes sense to have a new type of Cobalt)
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#74 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 11:38 PM

A couple of new alternative items just made it into the game... Elven Bracers and Vinewhip Sandals.

I feel guilty for taking all the credit for the Vinewhip Sandals; the thanks should go to Lilelf and Caril of the Eye of the Tiger clan. (They do not post on the forums)

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#75 Jarin Deshoul

Jarin Deshoul
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 08:18 AM

I think names like 'apocolypse' for fairly mundane weapons would have been more worrysome.

However... Can we get that "Big Sharp Sword"? What about a "Hammer of Banging Heads"?? Please?...

These could of course be followed by the "Horny Helmet" and the "Boots of Butt-Kicking"

Edit: if you are confused, go out to your nearest game store and find a game called Munchkin

Edited by Jarin Deshoul, 01 April 2005 - 08:20 AM.

#76 shigogouhou

shigogouhou
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 12:42 AM

Item base: Spyglass

Radar
Library info for Radar:
Armor base: 0, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: The radar is strapped to the wrist of the wearer. As the wearer moves about, the radar lets the wearer know if there is something to be found in the area., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

The Radar, when equipped, will reveal all invisible characters (to the wearer only) as well as automatically /examine.

#77 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 21 May 2005 - 08:48 AM

Radar
Library info for Radar:
Armor base: 0, Can be worn by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, pacifists, Description: The radar is strapped to the wrist of the wearer. As the wearer moves about, the radar lets the wearer know if there is something to be found in the area., Level needed to equip it: 1, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

The Radar, when equipped, will reveal all invisible characters (to the wearer only) as well as automatically /examine.

Some /examines reveal monsters rather than items, so players may not want an automatic examine. Dare I say also, the theme of the item seems a bit too futuristic.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#78 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 02:42 AM

Cobalt i dont think needs alternatives, it is supposed to be a very unique item, even tho it doesnt seem that way any more. I unfortunantly don't like the idea of using a staff as the most versatile weapon in the game. Perhaps the custom item pic/desc awarded for donating could be implemented as rare mosh/contest prizes. This would promote some customization, and I do not mean to belittle the donations made by certain players by suggesting a similar award, but it is an idea.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#79 shigogouhou

shigogouhou
  • Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:09 AM

Radar
Library info for Radar:

Some /examines reveal monsters rather than items, so players may not want an automatic examine. Dare I say also, the theme of the item seems a bit too futuristic.

Precisely the point; using Radar is a risky venture. While you may discover a previously unknown secret, or spot that hidden druid waiting to PK you, you may also stir up monsters you didn't want to find in the first place.

Perhaps a rename to something a bit more mystical would be beneficial?

#80 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 01:34 PM

Interesting idea, but this topic is for alternative items only - any items with new features or that is not based on an existing item should either go into the Boss Drops topic, if you have a boss that could drop it.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#81 Kakarott

Kakarott
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:51 PM

Spiked Club
Description: This improvment on the club is also a hunk of wood but it has nails driven through it making it seem that it could damage even tougher monsters.
Original: Quarter Staff

Wouldnt that be copying my idea for new spiked stuff? i mean come on it has same desc etc

Both Server's

Milenko

In-Game

#82 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:34 PM

More likely that you copied him...
Stadic Ingame...

#83 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 04:52 PM

Spiked Club
Description: This improvment on the club is also a hunk of wood but it has nails driven through it making it seem that it could damage even tougher monsters.

Wouldnt that be copying my idea for new spiked stuff? i mean come on it has same desc etc

Silverwizard suggested that item on Mar 29 2004, over a year ago.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#84 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:31 PM

Spiked Club

Every post you make takes 5 minutes off my life ^_^
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#85 Venture

Venture
  • Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:00 PM

A small request... would people be willing to design alternative items based on the Cobalt Staff of the Winds? Since it is becoming ever so popular these days.

White Staff of the Magi:
Base damage: 27, Can be used by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, berserkers, Description: The White Staff of the Magi was created many years ago in the days of the Grandmaster Sorcerer (enter wizards name - maybe ex-staff name?), member of the High Council of Nightmist. XXX spent many of his years perfecting this weapon making it stronger day by day with various enchantments. Eventually the staff became so powerful that not even he could imbue the item any more., Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.3, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Grand Staff of Power:
Base damage: 27, Can be used by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, berserkers, Description: This staff glows with an intense green and white aura. It feel hot upon grasping it although being struch with this incredible weapon leaves a deathly cold feeling all over your body, if you survive being struck., Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.3, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

#86 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 10:23 PM

White Staff of the Magi:
Base damage: 27, Can be used by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, berserkers, Description: The White Staff of the Magi was created many years ago in the days of the Grandmaster Sorcerer (enter wizards name - maybe ex-staff name?), member of the High Council of Nightmist. XXX spent many of his years perfecting this weapon making it stronger day by day with various enchantments. Eventually the staff became so powerful that not even he could imbue the item any more., Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.3, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

Grand Staff of Power:
Base damage: 27, Can be used by: clerics, druids, fighters, mages, paladins, rangers, thieves, berserkers, Description: This staff glows with an intense green and white aura. It feel hot upon grasping it although being struch with this incredible weapon leaves a deathly cold feeling all over your body, if you survive being struck., Level needed to equip it: 25, Magical: Yes, Vamparic: 0.3, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0, Poison chance: 0, Poison/30s damage: 0, Monster damage table: , Mana leech: .

There is an alternitive in game now for csotw
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#87 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 11:55 PM

I should mention, the 2 Cobalt Staff of the Winds alternative items, the Scepter of Balance and the Trinity Blade, were designed my Emma (Foxie / Satine / Azure)... so give a big thanks to her for shiny overpowered alternative items!

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#88 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 14 October 2005 - 12:48 AM

Name: Spell Book of Frost
Description: Soon after their initial training, mages often learn to manipulate the greater elements. Through concentration and rythmic chanting, a mage can displace the heat in a specific area, dropping it into friggid temperatures. It is not rare to see a confident warrior reduced to a cowaring surf as their brilliant armour is cracked and shattered into a thousand pieces.

Name: Scroll of Acid Arrow
Description: By feeding mana to a singular point on one's fingertips, small yet effective projectiles can be formed. Apprentice mages can, with a bit of practice, quite easily elongate these mana pricks and launch them with such speed and accuracy that they burn and eat away at flesh and soft materials.
Original: Scroll of Shock

Name: Scroll of Bolt
Description: Manipulating polar fields to create sparks is nothing more than a party trick to the more experienced mages. Through the expansion and sharpening of the mind, a mage can go one step further and rearrange particles to their whim. Then, within the same instant, create a catostrophic chain reaction resulting in bolts of lightning sometimes a metre in width.
Original: Scroll of Blast

Name: Scroll of Mana Blade
Description: Mana compressed close enough together can begin to take on solid properities. However, only the most prestigous of mages can hope to master mana-weaving to this point, pressing pure magic into something tangible using the sheer might of their minds. When enough mana is collected, it can just as easily be shattered, leaving shards sharper than any metal. It is these blades that mages throw, rending flesh and leaving gaping wounds peppered with magic residue, resulting in massive bleeding if left unchecked.
Original: Scroll of Beam

Name: Scroll of Scream
Description: Legends speak of mages so intouch with mana that, in the winter months, they exhale not mist but a strange, glowing dust - magic itself, they say. Whether or not the rumours are true, it cannot be denied that many mages discover the potency of using mana to raise their voices to incredibly high decibels, knocking over small furniture and uprooting sapplings. In fact, many would argue this spell is more about eye-to-mouth coordination than magic-weaving.
Posted Image

#89 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 October 2005 - 12:06 PM

Name: Spell Book of Frost
Description: Soon after their initial training, mages often learn to manipulate the greater elements. Through concentration and rythmic chanting, a mage can displace the heat in a specific area, dropping it into friggid temperatures. It is not rare to see a confident warrior reduced to a cowaring surf as their brilliant armour is cracked and shattered into a thousand pieces.

Name: Scroll of Acid Arrow
Description: By feeding mana to a singular point on one's fingertips, small yet effective projectiles can be formed. Apprentice mages can, with a bit of practice, quite easily elongate these mana pricks and launch them with such speed and accuracy that they burn and eat away at flesh and soft materials.
Original: Scroll of Shock

Name: Scroll of Bolt
Description: Manipulating polar fields to create sparks is nothing more than a party trick to the more experienced mages. Through the expansion and sharpening of the mind, a mage can go one step further and rearrange particles to their whim. Then, within the same instant, create a catostrophic chain reaction resulting in bolts of lightning sometimes a metre in width.

Name: Scroll of Mana Blade
Description: Mana compressed close enough together can begin to take on solid properities. However, only the most prestigous of mages can hope to master mana-weaving to this point, pressing pure magic into something tangible using the sheer might of their minds. When enough mana is collected, it can just as easily be shattered, leaving shards sharper than any metal. It is these blades that mages throw, rending flesh and leaving gaping wounds peppered with magic residue, resulting in massive bleeding if left unchecked.
Original: Scroll of Beam

Name: Scroll of Scream
Description: Legends speak of mages so intouch with mana that, in the winter months, they exhale not mist but a strange, glowing dust - magic itself, they say. Whether or not the rumours are true, it cannot be denied that many mages discover the potency of using mana to raise their voices to incredibly high decibels, knocking over small furniture and uprooting sapplings. In fact, many would argue this spell is more about eye-to-mouth coordination than magic-weaving.

:(

#90 combusta

combusta
  • Members
  • 1185 posts

Posted 17 October 2005 - 05:22 AM

u bumped a topic exactly 1 year old, congrats

ah the intelligence of combusta, the envy of all nightmist players...

o shut up tony

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users