• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#31 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:45 AM

What makes that so not like a saber?

Well, I saw saber when I was little and asked what it meant. I was told it was a sword. So I'm like, ok, all these 'blades' and 'swords' are getting annoying, lets use a saber for once.

#32 archmaster

archmaster
  • Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 02:09 PM

The saber is a thin sword that is slightly curved, it looks quite dangerous.
Base Damage:5
it can be used by: paladins, fighters, berserkers
level needed to equip it: 5
original name: Rapier

The Fool's Bow is a magical bow made by the nymphs of the forest, only a fool would stand in the way of its owner.
Base Damage: 22
level needed to equip it: 30
can be used by: rangers (DUH!)
original name: Elven Long Bow

Edited by archmaster, 22 June 2004 - 02:15 PM.

You and me, We'll all go down in history, With a sad statue of liberty, and a generation that didn't agree

#33 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:50 AM

Partly off-topic, but congratulations Charon for your Fireleaf Tunic alternatives being put into the game (available in the armour shop in Kantele).
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#34 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:25 PM

Harabec Archmaster Alternative Items

Name: Crusader's Crest
Base: Fireleaf Tunic (Armour 40)
Minimum Level: 30
Can be used by: Paladins
Description: The Crusader's Crest is a reinforced steel breastplate that has been galvanised with silver. Bonded to the front is a large golden symbol representing the faith of the Paladins that are given the right to wear this prized armour. The surface has been polished to the point where it is almost perfectly reflective.

Name: Pendant of Passion (Used in-game - Crane)
Base: Amulet of Grace (Armour 2, +1 Charisma)
Can be used by: all classes except Berserkers
Description: The Pendant of Passion consists of a ruby heart encircled by a golden circumference, connected to a silver necklace chain. It is rumoured that the heart emits some form of magic that causes anyone near its vicinity to feel a great sense of empathy.

Edited by Crane, 25 August 2005 - 02:35 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#35 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:05 PM

Name: Wooden Sandals
Original Item: Oxfords
Description: Little more than a piece of smoothed wood slipped under the foot, these sandals cannot provide the protection of other types of heavy boots. There is a black string that slips over the top of the foot and wedges in between the first and second two. Often found as uncomfortable when first worn, these sandals can eventually feel like second nature, giving the wearer a sense of light-weightedness and renewed agility.
Posted Image

#36 uix

uix
  • Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:05 AM

Name: Machine Gun
Description: This gun will not leave anything left behind. The bullets easily tear through all of the armor ever created.
Can be used by: Hobos,Thiefs.
Original: Cobalt Staff Of The Winds

._.;

#37 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:34 AM

I hope your kidding nimrod.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#38 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 03:10 AM

Nimrod Mark
Original item, token coin of cyric.
could be bought in nightmist place where you sell furs, have it take 10 rabbit furs to trade for the Nimrod Mark.

Would be my thing to hand to people rather than calling them nOObs or whatever.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#39 Da_J_Mooney

Da_J_Mooney
  • Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 06:12 AM

/nod Gaddy

I like yours the best lol
Aequitas In-Game

#40 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 09:09 AM

Original Name for the following: Golden Robes

New name: Misty Robes (Used in-game - Crane)
Description: The enchanting haze of these garments hovers around the body of the mage without impeding their movement and almost seem to be a part of the mystical aura the mage projects. The mystical vapours themselves glisten and sparkle in the flickering light, obscuring the mages appearance and protecting them from danger

New name: Nebulous Cloak
Description: Lightweight and mysteriously insubstantial, the 'material' of this attire is the stuff of myth... fogs and mists darkly entwined to create a garment worthy of awe, nature itself reigned and sewn into this grand robe. Enchanted to offer great protection, this is suitable only for those enchanters and magicians who have gained true mastery of their powers.

(Please note; Nebulous= hazy/vague... has nothing to do with Nebulas in the astronomical sense)

New Name: Robe of Rime
Description: Numbing to those not used to the cold, this is a delicate robe made from a light coating of ice. Shattered patterns of frost and snowflakes have been cast into its substance like runes, and the sheen that glistens across the whitened surface keeps the robes frozen even in extreme heat.

(Please note; Rime in terms of frost, not ladders or fissures. Also not rhyme)

The Misty Robes, and hence in part the Nebulous Cloak, aren't really my ideas but rather belong to Squee and alone ... I just stole the idea and reworded it, because I do things like that when people aren't watching me closely enough :)

Edited by Crane, 25 August 2005 - 02:36 PM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#41 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 02:26 PM

Rubber Axe: Original: Rubber Knife

Popular among the more intellectual fools and idiots, what the rubber axe lacks in deadliness, it makes up for in humor.

#42 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:55 PM

Original Name for the following: Golden Robes

...I love you! *glomp*
Posted Image

#43 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 02:26 PM

Name: Golden Anhk (Used in-game - Crane)
Base: Cat's Eye Amulet (Armour 2, +1 Intelligence)
Can be used by: all classes except Berserkers
Description: The Ankh is an ancient symbol representing life. This relic is often carried by great leaders and buried with them as they pass on. You cannot help but stare in wonder and awe at this magnificent artifact, for only people with a great mind may wear it.

Name: Nunchaku (Used in-game - Crane)
Base: Warhammer (Base damage 10)
Minimum Level: 10
Can be used by: Clerics, Druids, Fighters, Berserkers
Description: This short weapon consists of a pair of tow-linked metallic rods. At first sight, it does not appear that it can cause much damage, but the rod that lashes out when the weapon is swung can easily knock someone unconscious and entangle other weapons.

Name: Three-Sectional Staff (Used in-game - Crane)
Base: Morning Star (Base damage 20)
Minimum Level: 25
Can be used by: Clerics, Druids, Fighters, Berserkers
Description: This fearsome weapon is the bigger brother of the more widely known nunchaku. Consisting of three tow-linked metallic rods which are twice as long as that of the nunchaku, the two flailing ends can easily shatter bones and dent armour with minimal effort. The weapon does take a lot of getting used to though... students training to use the weapon find they keep smacking themselves in the face!

Name: Wakizashi (Used in-game - Crane)
Base: Quarterstaff (Base damage 8)
Minimum Level: 5
Can be used by: Clerics, Druids, Fighters, Paladins, Berserkers
Description: Slightly shorter than its brother, the Katana, this weapon has a relatively sharp blade and takes little skill to wield effectively. However, its short length hinders its performance and thus the tip does not travel fast enough to penetrate reinforced armour. Nevertheless, it is one of the better short-range weapons available if your opponent breaks through your guard.

Edited by Crane, 25 August 2005 - 02:37 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#44 Torak

Torak
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 03:21 PM

Punching Dagger

I simple blade used for quick assinations.

Replaceing Dagger

Kukri

a heavy curved knife with a razor sharp edge inside of the curve

replace dagger

thats all I got for now.
think of more later

#45 Evilcloud

Evilcloud
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 July 2004 - 05:26 PM

lol i want the Haiberd so bad....

Coballt staff of the winds

Description: Great for scaring people when they see a lvl 1 with a "cobalt"
Just for humor....
~~¤*~Menelaeus/Darkalliance in NM1A~*¤~~

#46 Torak

Torak
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:37 AM

Dwarven Waraxe

The waraxe is a long, cumbersome weapon capable of effectively mashing in an opponent's skull within a single blow. A thick, wooden handle, bound with straps of leather for grip and headed to an oversized crest of wrought iron serves as an ideal weapon for aspiring warriors.

Replacing Warhammer (yes the description is the same but works so if it aint broke why fix it?)

Banded Mail

This armor is made of overlaping strips of metal sewn to a backing of leather and chainmail. The strips cover vulnerable areas,while the leather and chain parts protect joints without restricting movement.

Replacing Oak Vest(?)

Locked Gauntlet

Tired of dropping your sword after a rather hard strike against it? Never again with the Locked Gauntlets. Securley fastens your weapon to your hand. Made from left-over metal from rusted helmets.

Replacing leather gloves

#47 afireinside

afireinside
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 03:29 AM

Divine Breastplate:
This divine armor shines with the fury of the heavens themselves. The crest of a winged angel covers the piece which seems to have a magical aura about it. It is said that with this armor equiped it's almost as if you had wings yourself.a small verse of a poem is written on the back. "though they tried to fight the gods they were hopeless in penetrating their armor"

original: Sand Wurm Hide

Divine Gauntlets:
These gauntlets are said to give the wearer the power of god's very fist, blessing them with the gift of having a steadier sword and rapid movement. The gauntlets themselves have crests upon them and a small verse of a poem."And the gods lifted their hands and cleansed the world, at the cost of all life".

original: Spider Gauntlets

Divine Shield:
The shield shines with the light of the sun even in the darkest of nights, piercing the darkness with an arrow of purity. There is a verse of a poem on the back. "The arrows of many were shot that day but none reached the gods as their shields blocked all attack"

original: Spiked Shield

Divine Helmet:
This helmet is made an unknown metal and shines with a bright blue glare. Gold is lined around several parts of the helmet and give it a look of extreme power. There is a verse of a poem written inside. "As the gods dawned their helmets they prepared for a battle of faith"

original: Helm of Triumph

Divine Boots:
These boots provide utterly complete protection from enemy attack. A crest of a sword and a wing is attached to each boot. There is a verse of a poem on the side. "The defiant army charged the gods but their swords could not breach the armor"

original: Boots of Time

i figured they could be boss drops or sold in a store (that wouldnt go over to well though, being able to buy something in a store similar to sgs and bot)

Edited by afireinside, 03 July 2004 - 03:51 AM.

~ Davey , Fire_Cleric , Lucied , Ramsus , Leon , Sieg ~ ingame

#48 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 03:22 PM

lol i want the Haiberd so bad....

Coballt staff of the winds

Description: Great for scaring people when they see a lvl 1 with a "cobalt"
Just for humor....

LOL THAT WOULD BE NICE LOLOL
Page/Memo Beatrix

#49 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:25 PM

i figured they could be boss drops or sold in a store (that wouldnt go over to well though, being able to buy something in a store similar to sgs and bot)

There is a rule! YOU CAN ONLY DO THESE FOR ITEMS THAT ARE AVAILABLE IN SHOPS!

There was one rule... I hence assume that one rule means items already available in shops, not items you would like to be available in them ^^

There is a boss drops thread... maybe those alternate names of boss drops would be better suggested there?
"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#50 afireinside

afireinside
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:03 AM

my bad sorry
~ Davey , Fire_Cleric , Lucied , Ramsus , Leon , Sieg ~ ingame

#51 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:58 PM

Crystal Armor.
This armor apears to have been forged from a giant crystal, It seems almost to glow as it is hit by the sun enchanting you and drawing you to its beauty, Engraved on its chest is on single black rose and the Inscription, with in this stone the rose is held safe, waiting and never failed.

Spiked armor.

To anyone charon or someone one of you could you check the spelling on this im tried and my dislexia is acting up so Shyte is bouncing around. Pleaseeeee and if there is anything repost it for me.
Grave digger when you dig my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain.

#52 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 06 August 2004 - 08:34 PM

Mages - Wooden Bracers 1-30 (best and only shield mages can use)

This is what was added for Mages off-hand? How pathetic; what self-respecting mage would wear such a thing? *bows his head in shame*

*Charon grins*

All of the following are therefore based on the item Wooden Bracers though they're a little shorter than my usual offerings ^^

Name: Runic Gloves
Desc : Plain and fairly simple gloves bearing sigils of protection and safety cast by fledgling wizards of local fame.

Name: Enchanted Cufflinks
Desc : A small silver set of cufflinks that will fix to the cuffs of any garment, enchanted with some weak magical symbols

Name: Protective Gauze
Desc : Flimsy and delicate, this fine mesh can shield your fists from only the lightest of wounds

Name: Damaged Gauntlets
Desc : While once impressive, this item is now overused and in a poor state of disrepair. It would likely shatter if someone tried to use it now for defensive purposes

Edited by Charon, 06 August 2004 - 08:35 PM.

#53 fester919

fester919
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 12:57 PM

NVM

Edited by fester919, 08 August 2004 - 12:59 PM.

Crits Helius
I am the old felicity, if i were on your friend add helius plz.

#54 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:23 PM

Name: Ceramic Javelin
Base Weapon: Hawk Talon
Base Damage: 22
Minimum Level: 27
Mana Leech: 0.3
Can be used by: Druids
Description: The construction of this primitive-looking hunters' weapon is not widely understood. The main shaft of the javelin is made out of common hardwood, but the sharpened tip is a ceramic compound with superconducting properties. Severely disrupting the magnetic and electric fields around it and building a charge every time it is moved through the air, the tip gives its target an incredibly powerful electric shock as well as being able to pierce most armours, and it saps magical energy from its victim to recharge its sting for the next strike.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#55 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 02 September 2004 - 09:24 PM

P.S. I wish I made that my customised item, but I didn't have a Hawk Talon at the time.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#56 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 02:46 AM

Mages - Wooden Bracers 1-30 (best and only shield mages can use)

This is what was added for Mages off-hand? How pathetic; what self-respecting mage would wear such a thing? *bows his head in shame*

*Charon grins*

All of the following are therefore based on the item Wooden Bracers though they're a little shorter than my usual offerings ^^

I <3 you, I refuse to equip such petty armor as Wooden Bracers to my mage.
Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#57 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 12:09 PM

To replace Steel Bracers:

Off hand 'weapon'
Main Gauche
armor: 2
can be used by: Thieves

the main gauche is an off hand weapon used specifically to parry blows, providing excellent defense against an enemy, while affording many swift attacks of oppurtunity yourself.

This would not be a striking weapon, merely a replacement for a 'shield' seems to be fitting to me.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#58 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:55 AM

Name: Demon Hide Tunic
Description: This tunic is made from one of the stronger demons wondering the realm. You gaze upon it, mezmorized by it's demonic aura.
Original: Spiked Armor
Reason: I like the vest of demons, but it's not the best for my fighter.

#59 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 11:41 PM

A more realistic Ranger alternative to Spiked shield.

Buckler of the Gods(Name could be changed lol)

Armor base: 20 (Spiked Shield)
Can be worn by: Rangers
Description: The buckler of the Gods is a golden lightweight buckler handed down to Generations of Rangers. Long ago the gods made an anchient aura of power around this buckler allowing it retain its small size and weight. Only the most skilled of Rangers are worthy to use this otherwise its useless.The buckler does creates an invisible shield around the ranger but leaves thier hands free to use thier bow.

At least thier not carrying around a heavy shield AND shooting a bow. Also maybe if it did get put in changing it to its own wepon (not a alternative) it could be made a boss drop and have +1 dex but otherwise its fine the way it is.
Stadic Ingame...

#60 Xsjado

Xsjado
  • Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 06:13 AM

Getting off the weapon subject....

How bout some armor

Angelic Robes:
Armor Base: 35,
Can be worn by: Mages,
Description: Made from the highest ranking angels of the Heavens, These robes are made for battle, made to intimidate and confuse the opponent with it's hypnotic shine. Whom who wears these robes are considered holy and very powerful.
Level needed to equip it: 30
Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: 0.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users