• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 11:23 AM

before you ppl go talk rubbish since i said i would leave this is important enough to make a topic about so stfu.

anyway i decided to put the nm source online. with some disclaimer like thingy or whatever

http://home.quicknet...aat/source.html

NOTICE THAT IF YOU DO NOT GET THE PROGRAM FROM MY SITE IT MIGHT BE SCREWED UP!

program is on http://home.quicknet...zaat/helper.htm
Even in death my hate will go on

#2 Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:25 PM

heehehehe

no filter here apparantly.

#3 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:27 PM

moose, isn't there?

There is for some words :)

/t Thrice I think she was refering to the fact 'screwed' is allowed. And Jurian hasn't bypassed the filter (in the way I know how to).

Edited by alone, 22 February 2004 - 04:30 PM.

"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#4 Thrice

Thrice
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:28 PM

Rattlesnake, the filter is very easy to bypass...on all forums etc.

#5 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:47 PM

I didn't see anybody swear! shhhhh :) :blink:

#6 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:51 PM

Thanks, Nice program.

Quick question, what's the difference between beta and exe?
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#7 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 04:52 PM

Thanks, Nice program.

Quick question, what's the difference between beta and exe?

The Beta has alot more things in it, but isn't yet complete.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#8 Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 05:09 PM

meh? there WAS a nice 4 letter word there. but now it's changed. heh

#9 Maesse

Maesse
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 22 February 2004 - 09:25 PM

Jurian I am very impresed with your program. You obviously worked hard on it, and it now has a spot on my toolbar. Thanks for your hard work. :)
Onyx & Raj

I'm your hell, I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between

#10 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 04:23 AM

I'm sorry, but it sucks.

If you are going to put time and effort into something like this, at least make it semi-professional looking and include as much as you can information wise.

It's a good start though. You probably won't be finishing it, though.

Westcoast

#11 Maesse

Maesse
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 04:27 AM

For not getting paid for all the work he put into it I think that he did quite a nice job, and for nightmist and the players it suits is purpose. It is easy to use and navigate. And also has a personal touch to it. As far as it looking professional..You try :)
Onyx & Raj

I'm nothing in between

#12 Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:01 AM

I really wish he'd put the Studded Helm in it too.

#13 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:46 AM

Ana: It is called criticism. Jurian could have done a much better job, but didn't. He could have had a very well done program, but instead he chose to do kind of a half-assed job. As far as not being allowed to express my opinion on it because I am not a programmer...according to that logic, nobody should really be able to state their opinion on anything.

Not all things said have to be nice things. Without pointing out the negatives, there is no room to progress.

Westcoast

#14 Maesse

Maesse
  • Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:47 AM

My, my, someone is touchy, all I did was express my opinon about what you said. Just like you expressed your opinon about the program... So check what you typed. Perhaps it works both ways?
Onyx & Raj

I'm nothing in between

#15 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:54 AM

I didn't mean for it to come across that way. Most people aren't used to well used English, so it usually comes across the wrong way when used properly. That probably doesn't sound how I mean it to either. Oh well.

Westcoast

#16 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 08:06 AM

I'm sorry, but it sucks.

If you are going to put time and effort into something like this, at least make it semi-professional looking and include as much as you can information wise.

It's a good start though. You probably won't be finishing it, though.

i never inteded to make a good program. since i wrote this about a million times allready you should know by now.

i started making the program to learn some more vb and fool around with making vb applications.

i did what iw anted to do and learned how to do some stuff. all that is left to do has allready be done in the program. i will not learn anything new by continuing to work on it.

if my intentions were to make a good program i would have finished it and made it look better.

but then again the parts that are in it do the job don't they. and that is important. a program is good when it works. and looks don't add much to it's usability.

#17 TheNobleOne

TheNobleOne
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:46 AM

Jurian you could have done better for instance not leave out the Pasifist info just because you don't like them. What if some new player needs to know about pacifists. Oh wait we had this argument on MSN lol. However thx for putting up the source. Even though I could easily make the program better all around in less than an hour but you did good work on it except for the paci flaw.

#18 S3it0*

S3it0*
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 12:04 PM

as noobish as this sounds, but what program do you open it with? i can open the .frm, .vbp and .vbw, but the .frx looks.. well weird for vb(i only know a VERY little bit lol, mainly consists of MsgBox and stuff like that) any thoughts? :) once i teach myself the vb in these scripts i shall try and complete it asap (being 14 having no responsibilities... ahhhh anyway) anyway back on topic :S

Edited by S3it0*, 23 February 2004 - 12:06 PM.

#19 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 01:20 PM

to be honest i don't know what files exactly are in the zip. i jsut put everything in that had the name nmhelper and wasn't thee xe maybe you don't need that one.

and once again tno i made it to learn some stuff and my intentions were not to make a great program to help nm ppl.

and well for making a better program in less then an hour you probably could but as far as i know your not really that great in finishing stuff. and be my guest if you want to. like i said. helping nm ppl wasn't my main reason to make the program. the noobs that use it should be happy that it is there in the first place.

Edited by jurian, 23 February 2004 - 01:22 PM.

#20 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 01:48 PM

Dang people... Give Jurian a break. He didn't even have to share the program with the community as it is.. So cut the guy some slack and just be thankful. I can almost garentee you've all used it once (please, no replies saying 'well i havent so nurr').
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#21 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 02:47 PM

Dang people... Give Jurian a break. He didn't even have to share the program with the community as it is.. So cut the guy some slack and just be thankful. I can almost garentee you've all used it once (please, no replies saying 'well i havent so nurr').

nm community just complains you should know by now.

#22 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:41 PM

nice one Jurian. I will be changing the whole application, adding a nice little GUI to it, and maybe a splash screen etc etc. And if Jurian allows it, perhaps calling it Nightmist Helper 2.0 or 1.1.0 or something along those lines. ill get the source posted to you when i'm done Jurian

Edited by Squiggle, 23 February 2004 - 05:42 PM.

#23 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 05:55 PM

Constructive criticism.

Westcoast

#24 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 07:48 PM

never look a given horse in the mouth (if that's the way you say it)

#25 S3it0*

S3it0*
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 09:39 PM

ok, ive talked to Simon about how to make it an exe file from all those little files :) and he told me to get Visual Basic... im currently downloading vb6, its like 70MBish.. does this sound about right size?
</noob>

#26 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:17 PM

how about actually buying the program. And what's the point in downloading VB, and getting the source code, if you quite clearly don't know VB. :)

Edited by Squiggle, 23 February 2004 - 11:18 PM.

#27 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 23 February 2004 - 11:39 PM

never look a given horse in the mouth (if that's the way you say it)

Not 100% sure, but I believe it to be 'gift horse' in the mouth.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#28 S3it0*

S3it0*
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 01:39 AM

how about actually buying the program. And what's the point in downloading VB, and getting the source code, if you quite clearly don't know VB. :)

why buy the program when you can download it? :blink: also, i dont know VB for nuts, im the first to admit that. Its called 'learning' not all of us are gifted with the ability to just 'know' a programming language like you. I am 14, and if i wish to spend my time helping myself out by learning a different language, then i believe i shall.
btw, i meant no offense to your post, i just wish to say that i have an ambition to learn, is that such a crime?

#29 Flux

Flux
  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 02:01 AM

yes.
A good post is like a miniskirt: short enough to pertain interest and long enough to cover the subject.

#30 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 24 February 2004 - 08:30 AM

how about actually buying the program.  And what's the point in downloading VB, and getting the source code, if you quite clearly don't know VB.  :)

why buy the program when you can download it? :blink: also, i dont know VB for nuts, im the first to admit that. Its called 'learning' not all of us are gifted with the ability to just 'know' a programming language like you. I am 14, and if i wish to spend my time helping myself out by learning a different language, then i believe i shall.
btw, i meant no offense to your post, i just wish to say that i have an ambition to learn, is that such a crime?

Lol it's cool man, i don't know VB either, i just think it's always best to learn something before buying/download a program, wasting your time setting it all up, then realising it's a pregnant dog to get the hang of and giving up. I suggest starting on small programing languages like ASL to get the grips of coding. I also hear C# is quite easy to learn, VERY powerful, and the IDE is completely free! :blink: it's kinda like Microsofts version of Java, and i've come to love Java for it's stability and capabilities. :lol:

Edited by Squiggle, 24 February 2004 - 08:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users