Lvling

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 kaijick

kaijick
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 07:11 AM

so how do we level a thief now that we cant powerlevel?

#2 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 08:04 AM

Ummm I'm pretty sure most people wont dignify this with a reply, but I'll be kind in this instance...

Same way everyone else does, Kill monsters.
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#3 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 12:22 PM

Sorry.. I just have to reply with:

Haha.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#4 Alucard

Alucard
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 27 February 2004 - 01:27 PM

Actually i train in Denedya i train thieves/Rangers/Zerkers/Fighters there normally have around 20 crits on at a time training them. so if anyone does try and do something i aint tripping. But i'd have to say Hedge Maze is best i have seen sof ar plus the gold gathered from there is equal to the amount you would make in Zeum so all in all thats my training place.

#5 kaijick

kaijick
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 05:07 AM

thank you alucard, nice to see that someone had the intelligence to see the point of the question :)

#6 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 02 March 2004 - 09:46 AM

Nice to see you can't cover your incredibly retarded questions very well.

Nice talking at you
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#7 stalker

stalker
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 07:06 PM

I miss my powertraining i want it back (this may seem stupid but not to people who train a lot of thieves like myself) killing monsters take way to long. its annoying because thieves had powertraining which i thought was summit really kool. i mean whats the point in having the ability to steal gold when all we can now do with it is steal off players (i do that a lot too lol) its stupid
A wise man once told me that if you dont hurt people they wont hurt you........................he lied so i killed him

#8 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 04:54 PM

I think powertraing should be back on. It just a skill that thieves use. And it takes awhile to get enough gold to do it good anyway (100k)
ive never had that much money ever. I have a lvl 16 thief and i can lvl him that easy.

#9 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 16 March 2004 - 06:04 PM

Are you people only out to better yourselves.. Or do you actually stop to think of the community ever?

Edited by alone, 16 March 2004 - 06:05 PM.

- AfterAll

Bunny!

#10 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 03:12 AM

I was hoping that this would go away on its own, but its not.

First of all...:

I miss my powertraining i want it back (this may seem stupid but not to people who train a lot of thieves like myself) killing monsters take way to long. its annoying because thieves had powertraining which i thought was summit really kool. i mean whats the point in having the ability to steal gold when all we can now do with it is steal off players (i do that a lot too lol) its stupid

I train thieves... and i think its stupid. The only good reason for bringing it back is that when i go out to kill someone, theres a chance i can make a couple hundred thousand off of someone. Not that i do it often, but its happend when people were stupid enough to attack me while they were power training. But... then people would complain.

Second of all:

Are you people only out to better yourselves.. Or do you actually stop to think of the community ever?

My guess would be this: They think, just not hard enough. If they couldnt think, they wouldnt be typing. Unless they have monkeys in their employment... :)

What the what?

#11 Vodka

Vodka
  • Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 17 March 2004 - 04:49 AM

You know what, I've neverrr powertrained a day in my life of having a thief and I do quite well. It just takes a bit more time, if I have the patience to do it.. the rest of you will.
When you do something right nobody remembers, but when you do something wrong nobody forgets.

Hump in game.

#12 Grimgnaw3

Grimgnaw3
  • Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 20 March 2004 - 03:12 AM

Powertraining is NOT coming back. No point in complaining about how it's gone.

#13 iggy

iggy
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 March 2004 - 05:15 PM

yeah...powertrain should be back on...I missed those day when you can just click a thief for a nice 50k-100k...easy money. A bit sad you can't find 'em around nowadays.

#14 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 08:56 AM

Well, if you wish to know how and where I level thieves page me in game or leave a memo on Amy. I have 5 arch thieves and never once have i power trained even when it was allowed in game. If you are stuck at level 16, give me a holler and will take you training.
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#15 Dc

Dc
  • Members
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 April 2004 - 02:53 PM

wow.....could you be any lazier...powertraining was great...but common......
I believe in the Triune God;God the Father, the Son , and the Holy Spirit.I believe that while I was helpless and sinful, Christ died for me. Therefore, I now have the righteousness of God, old things have passed away and I am a child of God. I cannot be separated from the love of God, Christ lives in my heart by faith and therefore, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I have been chosen by God and appointed to bear fruit for God. I resist the devil and he flees from me.

#16 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 16 April 2004 - 08:58 PM

Powertraining was always nice, but I would be against it being allowed back into Nightmist.

I say this having leveled, at the very least, 15 thieves from 10/13 to level 21. I always went next to bank in scarlet daggers guild and did 2-4 at a time. I never really got on the ball of pting at higher levels.

I'd suggest swamps as a way to get your thieves up to level 26.

As for the Hedge Maze, welcome to the worst exp in nearly all of Nightmist. Last I checked it was 50xpd, even less than Rose Garden...but ya know, whatever floats your boat.

I personally have never been a train in one place type of person, my crits get around like Issy during Happy Hour.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#17 Terrier

Terrier
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 01:03 AM

when money bug first was on i level'd my thief (only crit i had) from 22-26 in about 30 minutes with 10k
then i completely ignored thieves and trained something else
guess what i just started training some thieves..and unlike other i have to work hard to train them now ..just because i didn't powertrained any when it was on
thieves arched in 3 days by power train..and now we can't do it..it's sucky if you ask me :P
I will be open for any boss partyes pm if u need me,i play for quest only

#18 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 22 August 2004 - 03:20 AM

Yeah, all thieves that were lvled like that should be deleted, I'm sure it's possible to find out. (Most of TRs' thieves get deleted)

#19 Terrier

Terrier
  • Members
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 04:00 AM

powertrain has been on for a looong time
i can say like 90% of the archthieves in game where made by that
guess lucky ppl that did that ..and now i will spend a looong time to arch my thieves ..if i ever get to arch them
i think it's unfair..
I will be open for any boss partyes pm if u need me,i play for quest only

#20 Julius

Julius
  • Members
  • 643 posts

Posted 23 August 2004 - 04:22 AM

I power leveled about 3-4 thieves in SDG before the xp cap was put in, the fact is, if it was in the game, and was not considered a 'bug', thats how it was programmed, if you could take advantage of it, then all the power, and xp, to you. It was very risky, getting all your money shanked because you slip up, someone stumbles upon you and they hit ya, bang, you just lost a ton of gold. Though I have to see the game is better off without it. Thieves don't need that easy way of training. there are plenty of places to go, you just need to find what suits your style of training.
Julius/Juls main
Julius 1 alt

#21 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 26 August 2004 - 07:07 PM

When it comes to arches, thieves are the weakest, and will lose 1v1 duels if he doesn't hit first or is rounded.

#22 Wisdom

Wisdom
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 04:07 AM

People want the powertraining to come back so they can arch theives alot quicker. In about a week someone could easly arched about 10+ theives and that isn't cool at all.

I know alot of people that have alot of thieves 20+ theives and a couple of druids. All they do is log on about 10 theives in diff parts of nm to pk.

That is all these pkers do is train 10+ theives to arch and running pking people.

Tr as most of these people that do this and bring back powertraining will make this much worst.

I'm starting to train about 30 thieves most are dwarf all are 4 stats, I'm training them in swamps about 8 at a time to lvl 15. Once all 30 are lvl 15 I'll train 8 more to lvl 20 then once all 30 theives are lvl 20, I'll train 5 at a time to lvl 26. After that I'll train 15 theives at a time to master.

I already got two sets of thieves to lvl 20, now work on the last set.
Online characters: Wisdom

#23 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 03 September 2004 - 06:48 AM

Wisdom on forum = Bash ingame? o.o

#24 Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:01 PM

My 2 cents:

If a bug has been in the game for more than a year, it becomes a feature!

#25 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:53 PM

(wisdom on forum is not bash in game fyi)

Swamps are pretty much the best place for thieves xp wise until maxxed at level 25 in my opinion.. toss on a torch and have at it. :P
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#26 Ryuku

Ryuku

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:59 PM

Yeah, all thieves that were lvled like that should be deleted, I'm sure it's possible to find out. (Most of TRs' thieves get deleted)

I stand by this, since I didn't train any of my thieves this way.

And what Wisdom is doing sounds like Bash, lvling all those thieves and killing the innocent newbs, strangly everything you stand against Amy.

Edited by Ryuku, 10 October 2004 - 11:04 PM.

#27 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:08 PM

Who ever said this was a bug?

And why bring up the old topic just to post what you're doing? Seems a tad ego based to me.
- AfterAll

Bunny!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users