29+ Combos

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 02:29 PM

I'll eventually have the time to get my druid to master....but I was wondering what kind of combos do ppl use.

Glove wise there r = Spider Gaunts, Gloves of Vigor, Gauntlets of Virtue (if I'm missing any plz fill in)
Boots wise there r = Boots of Time, Boots Of faith (I doubt many would want to use feathered)

So basically the question is what best combo do u prefer. Also add the ammy as well ( too many to list) which could bring about the best combo of the three. Whether it be lvl 29 or 30.
All cars should come equipped with cleanse. Screw drunk driving!
Juan
ingame Irl

#2 Sleeping

Sleeping
  • Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 04:23 PM

Buy or borrow "Kiss of the North" and train in barracks for uber exp :)
Does not play well with others.

#3 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 05:56 PM

I don't think I made my point clear. I'm not asking for a place to train...because I can train it reg., just haven't had the time.

I meant to ask everyone which combos do they prefer of gloves+boots+ammy. Just want to get an idea so I can make a decision as to what to buy.
Juan
ingame Irl

#4 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 02 February 2007 - 07:02 PM

Then you should give info for your druid...at the very least it's race.
Mine are both 6/6s, but I use different equip by race and intent-

General (Bossing/Quest/Training)
Elf-Dex Ammy, Gloves of Vigor, and Vindicator's Boots
Human-Str Ammy, Gauntlets of Virtue, and Vindicator's Boots

However, for PvP duels/moshes-
Elf- Dex (or wis), Gloves of Vigor, Boots of Faith
Human- Dex, Gloves of Vigor, Boots of Time/Boots of Faith

You pick between dex and wis and BoT and BoF by how much armor you have, you can sac. dex if you have full enough ac and are a real good healer, but if you want to be safer, stick to dex mod and boots of faith.
I also sometimes switch weapons for duels if I use both---keep one with a leeching weapon (CJ or HT) and have the higher str one use cobalt for more damage morphed...and better odds if it becomes 1v1 with a zerk or sommat.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#5 shomer

shomer
  • Members
  • 1104 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 01:10 AM

i go for strength mods on mine, since i rarely duel with my druid. when you train you use morph anyway, so i put gloves of vigor on instead of spider gauntlets to enhance my strength and wis. druids hit enough with morph anyway so you can sacrifice the +1 dex that spider gauntlets would give you. get a strength ammy if you can find one for sale and you'll be good to go training-wise, unless you like to duel with your druid (i know you're a vicious pker/dueler juan :)), but you can always just change equips back over for those.
Page me on Heritage

#6 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:05 PM

Sry about that. /who Techno

Elf - 18 xx 19 18 20 18

Thnx for the info so far! And for str ammy which are there? Never looked into them.
Juan
ingame Irl

#7 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 12:52 AM

Granite Amulet and another that is hard to spell sold in Tirantek.
There may be a 3rd in Cloud City also.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#8 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 05 February 2007 - 12:49 AM

sythos talisman or something like that.

#9 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:44 PM

Sythos, namely the Amulet of Sythos, is a rare item. As for the Tirantek amulets...

Sthenias Medallion - Strength
Rune of Mercury - Dexterity
Sil'ilos Talisman - Wisdom

For an Elven Druid, I would likely go for Boots of Faith, Gloves of Vigor and probably a Dexterity Amulet - not certain really because my own level 29 Druid (Titania) is a Halfling.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#10 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:52 PM

I see no point in any druids using dex ammy's I have a few arch druids of different races, and well druids just dont miss..

my equip combo is usally Sthenias Medallion, Boots of Faith, Gauntlets of Virtue,
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#11 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:18 PM

I see no point in any druids using dex ammy's I have a few arch druids of different races, and well druids just dont miss..

I've noticed that also. Only have sg's on atm because I have to wait till lvl 29. So I'm thinking of using boots of faith, str ammy, and probably gloves of vigor...double up on the str and wis instead of just making the str a lot more.
Juan
ingame Irl

#12 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 11:14 PM

I guess it would all depend what you would like to do with ur druid, If I enter a tourny of somesort I would tend to throw a wiz mod or 2 on em, but since 9 times outta 10 I use my druids for boss killing witch means morphed 90% of the time and yeh druids dont miss when morphed so str mod's all the way :)
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#13 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 07:08 PM

Dexterity helps to avoid being hit as well as your own hit rate, but its usefulness is indeed questionable with Druids. As for PvM Druids, another use for Wisdom is that it ups the armour given by Gaea's Blessing... hence extra defense!

EDIT: One reason why I like Gloves of Vigor, as it gives Wisdom and 6 armour. It's your own discretion though... Elven Druids may do better with more strength boosters because they have a higher base Wisdom anyway.

Edited by Crane, 08 February 2007 - 07:10 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#14 Trance

Trance
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 February 2007 - 08:43 PM

Yeah....but a row of SW attacks looks very nice when nicely equipped. That's one of my main reasons for probably going with the gloves then the gaunts lol. But will most likely get a str ammy to attempt evening it out.

Edit:Thanks to everyone who gave their thoughts on the matter. Helped me out. Now it's time to save cash :)

Edited by Trance, 08 February 2007 - 08:45 PM.

Juan
ingame Irl

#15 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:25 AM

If you are looking for damage and best training---believe me, it is from being morphed and attacking, str mods or not.

As Fallen said, druids tend not to miss. I prefer to put dex mods on to keep monsters from hitting my druids, which matters, even with their high armor from gaea's, when you are solo-ing tougher bosses----though Brian would know all about that, too.
So it works either way, and best comes down to preferance and healing speed and capability (number of clerics=capability, and dex makes healing easier--always).

Either way though, I would suggest going with Gauntlets of Virtue over Gloves of Vigor in most cases. There is also a matter of testing them---I am not going to go into how that whole system works, it isn't hard to look into.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users