Two Useful Abilities

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 01:23 AM

FIghters in pvp only rule against zerks... zerks rule everything else around its lvl...

FIghters are a very good class they just need tweaking like minor abilities...

this is kind of like the Backslash idea...

I think they should have a pvp ability called gash... or a weapon that did this... kind of like an open wound...

Tehy have this percentage of causing a gash or open wound...

When this takes place what the gash causses is the hp of the wounded or gashed to decrease... like the poison ability...

it could help them against mages and stand a chance against druids as well with their high armor spells n such...

it could be like a weapon only ability... or an ability gained at a higher lvl...

I also have another idea that is kind of similar

THis ability is called Fatal Blow

This would allow the fighter to be able to cause such a blow to a player or even creature that would be instant death or cause enough damage to almost kill them...

These are just some ideas to help open the class up and help more people use them so they are not as plain...

#2 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 02:40 AM

First idea, I sort of like. Although not as much as my proposed idea tbh.

Other one, not so much at all really. As I've said before, I don't like the idea of an assass/smite like ability for fighters.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#3 Ill never tell

Ill never tell
  • Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:40 AM

Coding.

#4 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 23 September 2008 - 05:11 PM

Quit that nuts. Wtf is wrong with people. If it needs coding get the playerbase behind it and push push push. Maybe JLH has some time next month to code in some new nuts. Don't just give up.

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#5 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 September 2008 - 10:16 PM

no it wouldnt be an ability like smite or assassinate... it would be kind of like how theres a chance to poison someone with aposionous weapon... youll have a slim chance to pull off a fatal hit...

#6 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:45 PM

I got this idea from another game, but I'll leave the name out. Let's say you have full stam, like at the beginning of a duel. When you use your last stam, it causes double dmg. Let's say.....

Masochist attacked Annonymous with her Blade of Time for 30 points of damage.
Masochist unleashes a hateful blow at Annonymous with her Blade of Time for 60 points of damage.

For this attack to work, it would require full stam. Or maybe not. Just a suggestion.

#7 XxDarkAlliancexX

XxDarkAlliancexX
  • Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 04:52 PM

wouldnt hurt.. might get some people to play a fighter heh.
Posted Image

#8 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 26 October 2008 - 05:09 PM

It'd be like an extra stam for a Fighter, but lord knows they deserve it.

#9 Masta

Masta
  • Members
  • 459 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 01:40 PM

Supported if you explain it a bit more. At the moment it seems a bit vague...

#10 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 21 February 2009 - 02:27 PM

Could be a desperate attack, 5 normal hits then on his last breath he jumps forward and slashes (as oppose to standing ground and slashing).

Although coding isn't something to not support an idea, this is in fact pretty tricky. The game does not know if you started at 6 or, let's say, 4 stam. In theory it could be done by using a timer, it could check your standard stamina amount (let's say 6). Then when you would attack: If stamina amount = 6 then stamina amount(6) - 1 = 5 stamina uses happen within let's say 5 sec, then the last stamina would deal x2 damage.

But I believe this will be to heavy on game mechanics and there can be an easier solution tho this. Like always last stam dealing x1,5 no matter if it's 4 or 6. Would save a lot on complications.

edit: this was for tietsu's idea, not the original one. I know it's old but I'm just waiting around anyways :ph34r:

Edited by Angelus, 21 February 2009 - 02:29 PM.

Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users