Black Sword (make It Craftable Plz)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:20 PM

Base damage: 27, Can be used by: fighters, thieves, berserkers, Description: This sword is pieced together from components scattered throughout the realm. The hilt is made of sturdy magewood with an ivory crossguard, all wrapped in a blessed leather binding to improve grip, and also to dampen some of the evil that resonates through the pitch-coated titanium blade. Upon striking an opponent, traces of the dark energy pass into its target, poisoning their entity. Due to the origin of certain components, holy crusaders are forbidden to use the weapon., Level needed to equip it: 30, Magical: No, Vamparic: No, Armor: 0, Strength modifier: 0, Intelligence modifier: 0, Dexterity modifier: 0, Constitution modifier: 0, Wisdom modifier: 0, Charisma modifier: -2, Poison chance: 0.25, Poison/30s damage: 7, Monster damage table: guard:1.25, Mana leech: .

To my knowledge it can't be crafted on 1alt and i don't see any reason why not. The only modification i think it would need if it was made available to craft is that thieves can't equip it. :ph34r:

#2 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

Supported

#3 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:27 PM

I don't see a point since almost all the good zerks on 1a have BoTs now.

But there's no real harm...

Supported so 1a can have a bit of diversity.

#4 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:31 PM

no harm... but i say we let fighters craft something better than bot :ph34r:

#5 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 05:43 PM

Of course "don't let thieves equip it" I don't support it, and it's not craftable on multi either. Only a couple were ever allowed over there. It's not needed on 1alt.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#6 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 08:19 PM

Supported
f uck you I wont do what you tell me

#7 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:10 PM

Of course "don't let thieves equip it" I don't support it, and it's not craftable on multi either. Only a couple were ever allowed over there. It's not needed on 1alt.

Right on the money there....
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#8 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:17 PM

It is actually craftable on both servers - the Weaponsmith in the Crafters' Tower will give you the recipe if you give him a Titanium Blade; it's just that one of the components, the Ivory Guard, cannot be obtained.

Initially I did plan for the Black Sword to be craftable, but I could not find a suitable place for the Ivory Guard to be obtained. The weapon does not fare too well in comparison to the Blade of Time and the like unfortunately, and the poison is probably a bit too weak to be useful (it was set to 7 in order to match Lieutenant Burton, who dual-wields a Black Sword and an Imperial Sword against you).

ADDENDUM: Not allowing Paladins to use it probably hurt its popularity too, since "guard:1.25" would have been very useful against Blackguards, but considering the Black Sword is a Blackguard weapon (and Blackguards are more or less the polar opposite of Paladins), it makes sense for Paladins to be forbidden from using it.

Edited by Crane, 18 January 2009 - 09:21 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#9 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 01:54 AM

I don't see the harm in it, and like alex says it does add some variety.. something the game lacks.

#10 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 04:28 AM

Zerkers have blade of time and can make sword of existence, that is more than enough already. We don't need to give them poison too.

#11 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:15 AM

Let's see... Magical, Vamp, and 29 BD. -OR- Non Magic, Non Vamp, 27 Bd, and 25% chance to do 7psn dmg every 30 secs..!?

Atleast he didn't say up the SoE vamp to cobalt? As for the Zerks have BoT and can -MAKE- SoE don't give them more. How about Thieves already have ED and IK why need Dotw!? Or is that a sore subject for the biased thief user?

Supported

Edited by Dekade, 19 January 2009 - 05:18 AM.

Logos.

#12 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:17 AM

ownt... 4bots? 15eds? score 1 the good guys

edit:especially liked the part about tony being thief biased

Edited by Achilles, 19 January 2009 - 05:23 AM.

#13 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 05:46 AM

It was already stated by Wes that if it was made available thieves would not be able to equip it... their already overpowered enough :S but yeh back on topic, i do have a Soe, but it would be nice to have the option of using something else once in a while..

#14 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:26 AM

Zerkers have blade of time and can make sword of existence, that is more than enough already. We don't need to give them poison too.

Cry some more about unforgiven being rounded by chris's zerks.

#15 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 10:36 AM

Lol of course we turn to bashing here, especially by someone who plays main and has no say here, but whatever not being brought into things by childish people.

Yes, thieves have ED and Dotw there is 1 IK ingame and that's been for a long time to come. Good luck trying to get many more Pande was the only clan to be able to get to and kill that boss 1 time. SoE is a LOT easier to get and to make.

#16 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:20 AM

this sword is 1bd better than adamant warhammer for zerkers.. and 2 bd higher for fighters.. the poison is nearly irrelevant and most of the higher level zerkers/fighter have obtained a blade of time..(achilles, dangerous, atrocity,franchise, and fighter god_of_death) plus the fact know one mentioned how this would be crafted.. maybe its not that simple??? :ph34r:... 5bots, how bout yall count your precious emerald daggers since malok is basically intown... the fact that you simply threw out the idea without even knowing how hard it would be to craft it proves your bias.. end of discussion..

edit: and to follow up on dekade's post.. i think id rather bot/soe(vamp on soe isnt really to attractive in my opinion) than this blade, but lets say considering you have to wonder clear across the map with a much bigger party and a cleric to get blade of time compared to emerald dagger, i dont see why this is such a bad idea.. the 5 posted up above wont be worried about this item, just people that cant obtain the bot..besides that,

anyways.. you have option of incredibly cheap vamp dagger(dagger of the winds), cheap magic "axe"(dwarven pickaxe), 29 bd dagger that is simpler to get than blade of time...

compared to a 26 bd wep(adamant warhammer), or hardly easy obtainable blade of time 29bd.. and your able to craft sword of existence with 2 beating hearts+2spirit essences+jaguar pot.. none of those items are at all easy to get... so your argument is lame.. the only point you had was that it wasnt craftable on main, and gareth pointed out he initially intended it to be...

Edited by Achilles, 19 January 2009 - 11:31 AM.

#17 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 03:35 PM

Supported.

I bet if all us DA went with the 15 we had on last night we would own the boss that drops IK.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#18 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

It could be possible, and being I have one of the Black Swords on main yeah I do know how hard it is to craft and what it takes. Still don't see the reasoning for it needed here.

#19 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 02:19 AM

their already overpowered enough

Overpowered? Compared to the Emerald Dagger and Ilythiiri Keeshe, it's not overpowered as it's base damage is lower, plus there only being 1 Keeshe in-game, which is hardly used. The only thing obtained out of it is the chance to poison 7hp every 30 seconds, which isn't much.

As for this thread, I don't think it needs to be craftable. If you want something else to use, then use the sword itself.

Not supported.

Edited by Defeat, 20 January 2009 - 02:21 AM.

Jµ§t å fîgméñt øf yøµ® îmågîñåtîøñ
1a - Rise/Mythical

#20 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 04:15 AM

Ok, this is getting retarded.. If the 7psn/30sec isn't that good. Then why in the hell is everyone not supporting it? Especially if it was craft able and -Hard- to craft. I guess you would rather see the zerk/fighter using a 29bd weapon then a 27? Or are you people really that Naive?
Logos.

#21 Isolated

Isolated
  • Members
  • 774 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 05:31 AM

Ok, this is getting retarded.. If the 7psn/30sec isn't that good. Then why in the hell is everyone not supporting it? Especially if it was craft able and -Hard- to craft. I guess you would rather see the zerk/fighter using a 29bd weapon then a 27? Or are you people really that Naive?

Because tony doesnt wanna see an item that only a select few have on multi added on to this

makes em feel "special"

and cal just follows whatever tony says

#22 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5234 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 07:42 AM

It could be possible, and being I have one of the Black Swords on main yeah I do know how hard it is to craft and what it takes. Still don't see the reasoning for it needed here.

Umm...false?

As Gareth has already stated, the Black Sword is just as craftable on both servers. However, it is impossible to craft because the last component is not available anywhere in-game.
I do not see much reason to put it in on either server, but I am not against it.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#23 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:31 AM

The beginning of that the "could be possible" was directed at another post not saying the sword could be made. That is now irrelevant though.

#24 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:35 AM

I don't see any harm it could do, it's not like it's an obsolete weapon..

#25 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 01:31 PM

i kinda agree with josh.. they are comparing the servers, and since a few were given out as prizes and now considered "rare" they dont want to see either server able to craft them.. well maybe they should be given out as prizes on this server?.. just a thought.. besides, i wouldnt buy/use one anyways... /shrug

#26 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 20 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

No, I don't follow what Tony says, I just don't like the idea.

1a - Rise/Mythical

#27 Achilles

Achilles
  • Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:35 AM

No, I don't follow what Tony says, I just don't like the idea.

why then? tony jr...

#28 Defeat

Defeat
  • Members
  • 857 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 02:53 AM

It's as irrelevant as the Keeshe, just with a poison chance, which druid's Cleanse or a pub can cure. I haven't seen one on 1a, though there may be one i'm not sure, but all-in-all, people make this topic because either they don't want Thieves to be able to use it or they want weapon variety. I just think that if you want weapon variety, well, get your hands on one.

1a - Rise/Mythical

#29 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 03:02 AM

Yeh but atleast keeshe exists.... lets face it, theres no reason not to add it.. it's not overpowered, it wouldn't devalue the swords on main.. so really is it cuz it was me who suggested it that you're all against it? cuz it seems like everytime DA post you guys are there thick and fast to shut it down.

#30 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 January 2009 - 04:12 AM

I just think that if you want weapon variety, well, get your hands on one.

How can you get your hands on one if they are..... Not craft able??

Also, uh.. Why in the hell are people against this. Everyone says "It's not good, the poison sucks, rarara" So why the hell is it so bad to put it in? It gives players something to work towards instead of just grinding all the time, and it also gives the players who are complaining about the brews going down on hp, something else to use there guild ring for. Hell it would be cool if staff would just add plain 29bd weapons to craft from a BoT or an ED and such just so people can have different names. I know plenty of people who would just want an item they have name changed so it would look unique and they would have something to work for.
Logos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users