Staff Position

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#151 Harky

Harky
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 04:32 PM

My last comment was just a summary of the previous paragraph about the problems associated with adding staff members to entertain/police players. If the current staff team cannot cope with the amount of players (which has been hinted at throughout the thread) and extra support is needed to deal with them, added success (more players), and lack of developed automation obviously means the required staff increasing along with the playerbase. I already pointed out the problems with an ever-growing staff team.

#152 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 05:30 PM

And i have been the manager incharge of a staff team that had to do as much, with more people online, and sometimes had to do more, and i don't beleive for one second that a volenteer staff can not be trusted if the people who you choose to fill the positions are not people who have had a history of problems, or breaking in place rules. To my knowlede there are alot of people in the game right now who i would have hired on to my staff when I was running one and there are alot of people i wouldn't. It is up to the Admin to make sure of who they choose.

As for staff we have now handling the players i think that they can. When they have the time to be on and i see no reason at all why Ste would not make a good addition.
Grave digger when you dig my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain.

#153 Metatron

Metatron
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 06:35 PM

Ah what the hell supported!
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other sins are invented nonsense.

~Agmar~

#154 Bishop

Bishop
  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 06:48 PM

I was under the impression support for or against Ste being staff was no longer the issue - my comments since Pandilex's decision are simply in regards to the general appointment of staff for area development.

My experiences with area development taught me that most of the significant adjustments to an area are during monitored test runs - in which the area creator observes players (ideally strangers) of a target class/level explore the area.

#155 Insomnia

Insomnia
  • Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:32 PM

Haven't read through the thread, but Ste being re-hired can't end up badly in any way.

Supported.
{Epiphany}
{Unforsaken}

#156 Reality

Reality
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 10:57 PM

From what I know about you STE, and from what I've seen as of previous work, I really wouldn't mind you being staff again. I agree, it would liven the game up.

Supported.

#157 alone

alone
  • Members
  • 2261 posts

Posted 20 October 2004 - 11:14 PM

Metatron, Insomnia and Reality.. He's already been rejected. Sorry.
"Entertain yourself with my nightmares."
- AfterAll

Bunny!

#158 El DaN

El DaN
  • Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 12:37 AM

Stigmata=Best staffer from ppl ingame

#159 .?.

.?.
  • Members
  • 1210 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 01:55 AM

Supported,

"VOTE STE FOR STAFF!!!!" :P
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me.

#160 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 21 October 2004 - 02:52 AM

"Vote Ryuku for sexy person"

#161 PureMourning

PureMourning
  • Members
  • 610 posts

Posted 22 October 2004 - 08:21 PM

People can change their minds Alone...

Supported, again.
Cogito, ergo sum; I think, therefore I am.

#162 Bishop

Bishop
  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 03:12 AM

People can change their minds Alone...

Yeah, because:

Don't forget golden rule number 2, Pandilex is never wrong.

&

I changed my mind.

Edited by Bishop, 23 October 2004 - 03:12 AM.

#163 Exodia

Exodia

Birr

• Members
  • 2265 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 01:57 PM

thought this post was over? or am i juss lost?
Primex ingame

#164 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 23 October 2004 - 04:45 PM

I would be more than happy to end the post with a valid reason why I should not be allowed back on the staff team.

But imo, there isn't one - so i'll continue to fight regardless.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#165 Deathwish

Deathwish
  • Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:16 AM

Ste I pitty you.. You have the support of about 90% of this game... But hey guess what in the end it doesn't mean nuts... This isn't a democratic community it's more like dictatorship. Ban me from the forum for giving my oppinion.. I don't care

Edited by Deathwish, 25 October 2004 - 09:17 AM.

Out, out brief candle. Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player who struts and frets his hour on the stage and then is heard no more.

#166 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 02:46 PM

rofl you most likely will get your wish.
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#167 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 03:35 PM

my 2 cents is I support
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#168 Haku

Haku
  • Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 25 October 2004 - 09:32 PM

support

#169 Failed_Fate

Failed_Fate
  • Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 01:20 AM

Seeing that staff is never on any more and theres not really anything new with the game i think it would be great to have you back on staff.

100% all the way ste
Panic or Degree ingame

#170 Tienno

Tienno
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 October 2004 - 11:04 AM

I fully support you i think staff presence opr an automated ass kicker for the game is needed as things seem to be 2nd priority for the guys at the moment, and rightly so as life comes first. However as a fall back for the characters and players more fun is needed. Now im ex staff too and wouldnt mind being staff again but i know out the possible staffers im low priority and fair doo's.

I think since ste has such a rapport with staff and players and knows his shizzle then i say bring back someone to run entertainment on a daily basis. I dont mind helping create tournaments etc so that something different can be run every day!

Things are slowing something needs to happen.......staffer or new lease of life in another way.

I support Ste but i also support and understand the reasons that Pandilex has said no.

Dont forget im available for staff too lol

Tienno
I will always give my 2 cents no matter what. You can bet your last dollar on that one!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users