Photo

The Kill List

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
141 replies to this topic

Poll: /Toggle Kill List (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Should the list be made /Toggle'able?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#121 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:43 AM

But Walt, that's something that makes the game easier. Why would that be changed? For what possible reason would they want that to be changed? It surely couldnt be to make the game FAIR!?!?

Edited by Eamon, 22 April 2010 - 01:44 AM.

#122 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:44 AM

So why does it have to be removed or toggleable? Why is it one or the other, and no other thought will be processed in your mind until that is what's done?

Why is it so hard to believe there may be some other idea out there that may satisfy both sides of this discussion?

Largely because it's being exploited for a use other than was intended, and I don't see any other way to reconcile that fact.

If you have another suggestion that makes it so that kill lists cannot, unless at the permission of the player with the kill list, be used to track him or her down in game I'm all ears.
Autek in game.

#123 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:44 AM

I'm all for fixing every exploit in Nightmist so that there are no loopholes. Suggest they be changed and you can bet I'll be right there supporting it.

For starters, you can ask some of your clan members to stop multipcing. BIG LOOPHOLE there.

Regardless, lets save that for another thread, or not even bring it up at all, just let a staff member know of your concerns and let them investigate it.

Who says I haven't already. Now it is just time to make it public knowledge.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#124 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:46 AM

I'm all for fixing every exploit in Nightmist so that there are no loopholes. Suggest they be changed and you can bet I'll be right there supporting it.

For starters, you can ask some of your clan members to stop multipcing. BIG LOOPHOLE there.

Regardless, lets save that for another thread, or not even bring it up at all, just let a staff member know of your concerns and let them investigate it.

Who says I haven't already. Now it is just time to make it public knowledge.

Lets stop and look at this again. Suggest they be changed, and we can bet you'll be right there supporting it. Someone suggests changing something that's being abused, and you want to save it for another thread.

Oh wait. That's right. You didnt mean if its something that gives DA an advantage. Right.

#125 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:47 AM

Hmm i could throw a few names out there myself but this isn't the thread for it and your just acting a baby as usual.

#126 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:48 AM

Still being a tool i see.

How bout everyone reads something relevent.

I think it should be changed to a further extent than it has. To either:

1) A kill list that shows the monsters you have killed but not the number.

2) A kill list that updates every week or month

3) A kill list that is toggleable

4) Removing the kill list

5) A viewable kill list for yourself, but not the rest of the game

6) A combination of 3-5

The reason i support further changes is because of the fact it will make the game more fair for new players along with making it more challenging (and inturn fun) for the more expierenced players. To me that sums it up completely. The game was meant to be played with aspects of role-playing wether we do this or not, and using the kill list, to me, is a slap in the face to the way the game was meant to be played. We should have to legitimately hunt for our pk's and have the freedom to train without being seeked out with google earth. This to me will promote competition, as it will allow weaker players to move around and hide without being pkd with this generic method of "cheating". And it will give them a more similar enviornemt to what the high levels had when they were training without many higher levels that could easily click or round them.

Edited by Apocalypto, 22 April 2010 - 01:49 AM.

Apocalypto

#127 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:50 AM

Hmm i could throw a few names out there myself but this isn't the thread for it and your just acting a baby as usual.

excuse me?

Anyway, I'm still not getting convinced about the whole kill lists, I still say leave them 1/day. Would stop autotraining a bit i guess... and uhh... yeah that's about it. Stop yelling at eachother.

Cake.
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#128 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:50 AM

Lets stop and look at this again. Suggest they be changed, and we can bet you'll be right there supporting it. Someone suggests changing something that's being abused, and you want to save it for another thread.

Oh wait. That's right. You didnt mean if its something that gives DA an advantage. Right.

Dude using more than one computer is already against the rules, all that needs to be done is have the rule enforced if there are violations. Nothing needs to be changed with regards to the rule, but if the rule wasn't already a rule in place, yes I would support outlawing it.

Let's stay on topic, you're really going off on some tangents and without any substance behind any of them.
Autek in game.

#129 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:51 AM

This post has gone way off topic but the only thing thats stopping me from deleting is the fact that most ppl have voted Yes which is more important that the garbage that has been posted.

#130 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Well why don't you just do that then. I did when I found out your brother Ste was playing main again and got him caught.

This thread has turned into the betterment of nm now, so multipcing abuse is high on my list to fix. I went to you because you are a very well known abuser of this feature. And since you know names, and don't say anything, you must support cheating(as you did when your brother went against his probation by logging back on multi).
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#131 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Dude using more than one computer is already against the rules, all that needs to be done is have the rule enforced if there are violations. Nothing needs to be changed with regards to the rule, but if the rule wasn't already a rule in place, yes I would support outlawing it.

Let's stay on topic, you're really going off on some tangents and without any substance behind any of them.

oh alot of substance behind them ;o trust me :P
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens

#132 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:53 AM

lmfao i <3 how you presume to know everything walt, just lol.

#133 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:54 AM

The betterment of Nightmist. But DA doesnt want that. They simply want the kills list changed so that they dont get pked as much. You're misjudging their intentions Walt. As much as you may try to be serious, they dont care to better Nightmist. They just came to whine they get pked too much

#134 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:56 AM

Perhaps in that there is some implication that there are people using multiple computers. There is none however, with regards to this post or anything about me supporting changing things being abused. There is already a rule in place to stop multiple computer use, and if it's not being enforced we need more staff or the current staff to start some investigations.
Autek in game.

#135 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 01:56 AM

The betterment of Nightmist. But DA doesnt want that. They simply want the kills list changed so that they dont get pked as much. You're misjudging their intentions Walt. As much as you may try to be serious, they dont care to better Nightmist. They just came to whine they get pked too much

The reason i support further changes is because of the fact it will make the game more fair for new players along with making it more challenging (and inturn fun) for the more expierenced players. To me that sums it up completely. The game was meant to be played with aspects of role-playing wether we do this or not, and using the kill list, to me, is a slap in the face to the way the game was meant to be played. We should have to legitimately hunt for our pk's and have the freedom to train without being seeked out with google earth. This to me will promote competition, as it will allow weaker players to move around and hide without being pkd with this generic method of "cheating". And it will give them a more similar enviornemt to what the high levels had when they were training without many higher levels that could easily click or round them.

Gonna try this one more time. Maybe you will actually read it before you post your nonsense yet again.
Apocalypto

#136 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:00 AM

Gonna try this one more time. Maybe you will actually read it before you post your nonsense yet again.

Yes Ryan. And you and Alex are the only two that have looked at what I have posted as to alternative ideas. I agree with you, that something could be done to make the game fair. And I suggested alternate ideas that would not detract from the way I like to play the game.

Now why is it that noone else here is willing to stop and look at anyone else's suggestions, instead of saying it should be toggleable or remove it altogether?

When I suggested that the kill list only be viewable from a pop out screen similar to the /web, Someone said it would require too much coding. Wouldnt it require coding to make the list toggleable as well?

So why is it that so many people are willing to tell me it has to be one of two ways, instead of working together to find something that everyone can be happy with?

#137 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:02 AM

Dude I heard you when you first suggested that, making it toggle-able would achieve the exact same thing, only it's still viewable through the website, likely requiring less coding. Don't tell me we've been arguing for the same thing this whole time lol. . . .
Autek in game.

#138 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:02 AM

Think we might be getting somewhere. :P Maybe we should make a new poll with some of the ideas suggested. Has anyone got anything to add?

6) A combination of 3-5

7) Leave it at 24 hours

Edited by Apocalypto, 22 April 2010 - 02:03 AM.

Apocalypto

#139 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:04 AM

Dude I heard you when you first suggested that, making it toggle-able would achieve the exact same thing, only it's still viewable through the website, likely requiring less coding. Don't tell me we've been arguing for the same thing this whole time lol. . . .

Yes, and as I tried to explain, the same people you said that would leave the window open to refresh every so often, so that they would know where people are training at, would sit and refresh screen to catch someone in that two minute window, therefore making your idea still able to be abused. Which is why I said I don't support it.

While I don't support that idea, I would be open to some of the other ideas, or some combination thereof that would be fair and still enjoyed by all.

#140 Horny

Horny
  • Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:05 AM

Think we might be getting somewhere. :P Maybe we should make a new poll with some of the ideas suggested. Has anyone got anything to add?

6) A combination of 3-5

7) Leave it at 24 hours

good idea... (now we'll have 10 threads with same topic *no sarcasm is intended*)

#141 Dangerous

Dangerous
  • Members
  • 498 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:05 AM

Well i think many ppl have expressed their opinions and a few have offered up other solutions so i think all there left to do is lock this post and let staff read & decide what to do with this. :P

#142 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 02:06 AM

6) A combination of 3-5

7) Leave it at 24 hours

I'd say #1 first choice, #2 being 3 & 5 since they're essentially the same thing, #3 would be 4, but there are better solutions than that.
Autek in game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users