Photo

Should Nm Multi Have Pk Turned Back On?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
102 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll (45 member(s) have cast votes)

Should NM Multi have PK turned back on?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#91 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:37 PM

I don't know why it turns into a flaming contest. But to be honest, Walt brought up a valid point and really I don't even know why the 1.5 cap was put on main when pk was off. The only way you can lose exp then is if you run into a trap or you fail at killing something. As to when the cap was added to 1a the pking was still there and you could still run into a trap and.... you could still fail at killing something. I don't see why you get all defensive. Not to mention Walt is one of the top people on 1a that is affected by the 1.5mill cap being taken off and instead of bitching about turning the cap back on 1a if main is turned pk he proposed to remove the cap on main.

Also for the comments about "Don't post if you don't play" if you haven't noticed people are already beginning to start back up on main and some of the people who post might have stuff on main but don't use it at the moment. When pk is added depending on how things go main might have the population that 1a has and vice versa. So the players might be posting because they see this affecting them in one way or another down the road. Another reason the token system was brought up. Right now you have to hope you plus 8 or so others are on at the same time and etc. Right now its not 'that' bad but if people start migrating to main and selling off there 1a it could get pretty bad.
'
Logos.

#92 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 07:51 PM

The token system on 1alt is fine the way it is. The main thing with the 1alt server was that there was to be co-operation to accomplish goals. They didn't want anything simple that 1-2 people could do by themselves easily. If you choose to be ignorant and unkind to people, and in return they don't want to help you and you don't have enough to get your tokens that is your own problem. No one said you had to act that way.(No this was not directed toward any specific person)

You sound liek a broken record always butting in with the same crap. Its hard to even gather a group to go these bosses, like always everyone wants to join the best clan in the game which we all know number wise is pande. So its either be in that fail clan with drama queens and kiss everyones ass or be in a less populated clan with people who dont cry over internet babes or get mad something doesnt go their way. Now if u call this being ignorant to not want to tickle someones testicles to be in a decent clan then yes we are all ignorant. And this is a pvp server why show kindness? Play other games and learn that killing isnt a bad thing its part of the game. The reason why 1 alt is going down because of the same reasons u say 1 alt was made for.

Sure the idea of 1 alt being so people can join together and down stuff was a nice idea at first when we had the numbers but its gotten down to a point where only 1 clan in game can do bosses and not even all of em. How long has 1 alt been running? and there is still unkilled bosses due to not enough players.And with main being changed to pk there will be less players playing 1 alt so why not change the token system around? Just because u can get yours doesnt mean it shouldnt be changed this game isnt called Tonys Funhouse. Over 50% of the population right now cant get tokens so id say theres a problem. And if u remove pande from the equation it would be like 80% of the other players cant get them.

Edit- If a company loses 50% of thier buyers over time because of an ingredient they changed in thier product but you love that new ingredient tony should they cater to u and keep it as is or change it to regain the other 50% of thier buyers?

Edited by Payne, 05 January 2009 - 07:57 PM.

Astinus on 1alt Only

#93 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:06 PM

I would like to know who Dekade is....
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#94 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 08:37 PM

Lol Matty. How deep is your Nightmist wallet willing to go! Just kidding.

Look, I'm not posting stuff that is going to help me out one bit. Everything I post and argue about I feel is something important that the game needs to be looked at. I am not here to back anyone up or try to get something for my self out of it. I post the fairest and most logical things I can that deals with the topic. I would like nothing more to see Nightmist as far up on its feet as it could be.

As for Rob's post about the tokens. As I said, tokens now are not an easy task especially some, Like Arovet the Infidel. Not that these can't be done currently its just the fact that someone could be red for a week or two before being able to level. As for if main becoming pk and people shifiting this will become harder. Yes, Tony we all know Pande can take down Gristle with 5 lvl 35+ thieves and congrats. But as for other clans that enjoy being a clan with friends that have on the game such as Legendary, they have gone as far to try to buy tokens. Yes the drop of the difficulty it takes to get tokens will let people level faster, but it wont be by much. They still have to make all those millions of exp, will still have to gather atleast 5-6 people to take down the boss, have to make all the gold it takes for the tokens, then have to walk to Tirantek to level. It wouldn't affect it much except to allow those who can't be on 24/7 a way to get there tokens for when they reach the exp limit it takes.
Logos.

#95 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:31 PM

The token system on 1alt is fine the way it is. The main thing with the 1alt server was that there was to be co-operation to accomplish goals. They didn't want anything simple that 1-2 people could do by themselves easily. If you choose to be ignorant and unkind to people, and in return they don't want to help you and you don't have enough to get your tokens that is your own problem. No one said you had to act that way.(No this was not directed toward any specific person)

not suggesting a system to where 1-2 can do it.. but maybe like 5... it is possible to get 10 people on the same class to help you, but considering its 1alt and you want to have one main why should you have to have 1 of every class to help people.. just a waste of around 3 days of my life per character to do that.... besides that.. we dont roll around with a party of 10 thieves to every boss we kill.. we have diversity... rangers/zerkers/thieves/druids are in our usual party and then the mage ofc sometimes... so its not as easy for us to all say hey.. everyone get on your main we gotta get tokens for the only class we use... kthx

and as for main exp loss staying at 1.5 i dont understand why it wouldnt be changed back... i mean think about it.. its way easier to train on main due to the fact you have a cleric at all times and can pretty much go where ever you want, when ever you want... dessy training with hance/rf would be my place of choice and would get the exp you lost back plenty fast(even without hance/rf)... besides that.. unless you suck (or fighting someone with way advanced alts) your entire party shouldnt die at once in a battle and you will only have to make up the exp on some of your crits.. as for traps.. thats your fault?... why should you be rewarded with less exp loss because you cant stay off a trap square...

#96 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:42 PM

one more thing... if tokens could be done by say 5 people.. the option to have say 10 clans that all compete in moshes ect would be way better.. it would be more like main in the old days... plus allies would be more of an option considering if you ally a clan you ally one third of the game...

#97 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:45 PM

Gary, main was changed to 1.5 mil exp loss because of Shifting Sands, and The Stronghold i believe. People were just to afraid to explore the areas to find out what was what and how it was. Now, over a year later, I am sure a very good map, if not maps of the area are in play on game. The traps are set into place, and nothing new is going to pop up and get you.

Both of these examples can no longer be played as to why exp loss should not go back to the way it was. You now know what you need to do, as well as how many friends you need to take along with you to be succeed in these areas.

You all fought for main to have pking turned back on. You now get your wish. Why should you be able to pk without any risk. If you get pked, you asked for it. If you make a wrong turn, then be more careful.

Why should it be any different for one server, then the other. Several players on the 1A server take the chance of loosing well over 11 million exp when we step foot out of town everytime.

And btw Gary, I have logged on main and bossed well over half of 2008, so in some ways, I do still play it, and my opinion does count. So stop crying, stfu, and wipe your nose sir. When you are done, hand that tissue to Matty so he can blow his nose and hopefully resolve his issues.
I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#98 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:47 PM

I do like the idea Ryan pointed out. Maybe even keep the bosses the same just take off the class restrictions. That would open up people to train whatever class they see as there favorite and not an easy class and have to conform to everyone else. Then I wouldn't worry so much about how many people it takes. Its not hard to find 9-10 people. It is hard to find 9-10 people that fit into the class category. This would open up the people who still love to play a class like Paladin a chance to continue to use there class without having to worry about finding 10 others with high enough paladins or (i know some people have done this) buy or train another high lvl class so they can let someone use it to kill the boss.
Logos.

#99 Walt

Walt
  • Members
  • 993 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:48 PM

one more thing... if tokens could be done by say 5 people.. the option to have say 10 clans that all compete in moshes ect would be way better.. it would be more like main in the old days... plus allies would be more of an option considering if you ally a clan you ally one third of the game...

Not to point you out alone ryan, but why not make an entirely different post for this so the 1A poeple, the one's whos opions should count, since it's mostly all main people beside a handful of us who are posting here. That way those people who do not play won't have any impact on this issue. You know the ones, they are those who are afraid to lose a bit of exp.

Edited by Walt, 05 January 2009 - 09:52 PM.

I would ask myself why, but even I do not know everything.

#100 Ryan

Ryan
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

Not to point you out alone ryan, but why not make an entirely different post for this so the 1A poeple, the one's whos opions should count, since it's mostly all main people beside a handful of us who are posting here. That way those people who do not play won't have any impact on this issue. You know the one's, they are those who are afraid to loos a bit of exp.

good point.. guess ill do that.. see if we can get enough support maybe.. because honestly id love to see more than 2 clans go at war lol...

#101 Dekade

Dekade
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:00 PM

Not to point you out alone ryan, but why not make an entirely different post for this so the 1A poeple, the one's whos opions should count, since it's mostly all main people beside a handful of us who are posting here. That way those people who do not play won't have any impact on this issue. You know the one's, they are those who are afraid to loos a bit of exp.

good point.. guess ill do that.. see if we can get enough support maybe.. because honestly id love to see more than 2 clans go at war lol...

Beat you to it Ryan.
Logos.

#102 Äññöÿäñcë

Äññöÿäñcë
  • Members
  • 2132 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:08 PM

ahh, thank you JLH.

this means i have to buy a mouse for my laptop :ph34r:
Disaster ingame.

#103 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5242 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

Ya'll are being useless.

Locked.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users