Necromancer

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#91 Bean

Bean
  • Members
  • 452 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:09 AM

Mec, Simply saying 'It could be abused' Is a very poor arguement against the idea.

If perhaps you fleshed out exactly HOW it could be abused, someone could think up a more worthwhile way to have the idea work out...

just sayin 'it can be abused' leaves very little room for advancement, now doesnt it?
Copying from one is Plagiarism
Copying From many is Research.

It's so exciting I need to poo~Deval

#92 Evilcloud

Evilcloud
  • Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:47 PM

I don't like this, I think it would disrupt nightmist.
It is rather well done though.

There's no use in just saying that, I'll point out what I don't like:

Summoning could be abused (maybe not abused, just could throw some inbalance into the game)

Darkness is a neat idea, but would sort of mess balance up. Actually, I guess it couldn't harm anything. I'm just bewaring.

That vamparic ability strikes me as a little too powerful.

Now I go off to suggest a new class I just thought of.

Make up your mind...
~~¤*~Menelaeus/Darkalliance in NM1A~*¤~~

#93 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 26 July 2004 - 06:11 PM

I have been W/O Internet for a while so I will be reading up on my topic and will post in a while.

Edited by green_mantis, 26 July 2004 - 06:12 PM.

I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#94 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 09:09 AM

Ok, exactly what would make it unfair? I mean, compared to REDICULOUSLY overpowered alt armies made entirely of arch zerkers and clerics? Ok so i'm talkin out of my a**, i'm basically tryin to keep this string alive because i think it's a good idea
*`~Ø~þ~í~€~`* the ÃÑçíèчÑøøßï€
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#95 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 09:48 AM

i saw way too many posts so didn't read all but what i noticed was that the first 4 stamina you get really fast :S

should be more like 1, 7, 16, 23, 29
Even in death my hate will go on

#96 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 03:29 PM

I'm not argueing... I'm just 'bewaring'. Anyway, how could it be abused? Auto-training: All one would have to do is create a program that 'pressed' f1 every 10 seconds so you could keep 'occupied' while the auto-training golems were working.

I guess I shouldn't worry about 'balance' that's for others to fix:

Anyway, I really want this necromancer to be put in the game, but people don't like 'golems'.

How about minions, clay minions sounds kinda cool.

As for the multi-morph I say just do other kinds of minions like winged minion, fiery minion, demonic minion. I mean, you could be very creative just with 'minion'

Maybe whenever you (yourself) killed a monster, you could cast 'minionize' and get a weaker version of the monster you killed.

#97 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 06:35 AM

I was thinking about that, but the staff would find it way too hard to code.

Also it may cause some havoc when someone kills a vine troll, and carries it around the forest.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#98 Harky

Harky
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 04:42 PM

Great idea, I'll admit I didn't read many of the replies - but I've been playing another mud lately where necromancers are a solo class, and it really works. I think maybe the way they're summoned should be changed slightly, possibly the ability to raise different class/type undead and order them to do specific things related to what they are. Example: '/order 'undead rogue' assassinate [target]', but still. I really like this suggestion.

#99 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 06:32 PM

i love this idea and i love how all of it is worked out. i see this class as being really fun....allthough i do got a question. what happens to your summons if say a party comes up and they start attacking you and your sommons...if they kill you first then they simply win.....then it would be easy to kill a necromancer....or does your summons last longer...either way i am most likely wrong and dumb and shouldnt say this but i do think necromancers need something to keep them alive a bit longer.....the spell that gives life to you is cool but doesnt really help "that" much..i guess if your arch necro and do 5 rounds of it you'd get 50hp which would be nice....but wouldnt necromancers still be a easy target for a party of 3+?

#100 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 06:39 PM

btw...yall was wanting a answer from staff.....i got this from jlh

Adidas yells from Secret Deluxe Gambling Hall: jlh...can you just page me and answer this question......will the necromancer class that was suggested be put in at any time?

JLH (Game Programmer) Pages You from (Hidden): not in the immediate future

iam taking that means there is a chance just not any time soon.....i can understand this also because not many new classes and races are put it alot....iam guessing thats hardest thing to make in nightmist and has to be worked out for a long time and has to be made sure it will work with nightmist....so i guess he'll atleast check it out sometime...try it out..see how it goes or something....

#101 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:37 PM

Thanks for asking JLH, Trigger happy. Now I can sleep at night. You were referring to drain, right, you think it should restore more than 25% of the damage in HP?
I think that the summons would stay alive until they were killed.
Even a party of Archies should have trouble against a guardian, Bone lord, and two bone knights. So additional armor or defenses shouldn't be needed.

#102 trigger happy

trigger happy
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:47 PM

yea i wasnt sure....lol and np....i thought sence no staff wanted to give this GREAT topic the time of day of their real opinion i'd get one to say something ingame......wasnt what i wanted to hear tho and he wouldnt tell me why he wasnt puting this in soon or any time soon.....if at all....atleast he could of given me a staight and good answer to me reasonable question i mean after all....it was my first ever reasonable question!

#103 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 10 August 2004 - 09:55 PM

A number of people were adamant about not seeing Golems as the only thing Necromancers could summon. So, I am making something right now to add to the variety of summons, since the whole idea behind this suggestion was to add more variety to the current class list.

Basics of it can be found on Beans suggestion on page 2 I think.

Possible other summons:

Black dragon
Golems
Skeletal animals
Shadows

To save time, and keep balance I will probably keep stats similar to the Golems.

#104 Evergrey

Evergrey
  • Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 10:48 PM

Obsession with Summons?

If we want to get technical... Summoners summon.

Necromancers tend to Animate Dead.

Just my 2 cents.

No need to prolong this bump.
ass, cretin, dimwit, dumb ass, dunce, fool, halfwit, ignoramus, imbecile, jackass, jerk, moron, ninny, nitwit, pinhead, simpleton, stupid, twit, Idiot

#105 Àðìðàs

Àðìðàs
  • Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:06 AM

when will we all get the one class we're all waiting for!!! *CRYS IN AGONY*
Life is a war that you allways lose, because you allways end up dieing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users