• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

Going by the Wiki, Einon in the new area to the West of the meadow drops a key, but a lot of other things too, so I guess is no-go. Zanitos though drops ONLY the Tower Key, with the Shield of Faith as an /examine. Hmmm... can I?
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#62 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

The problem is someone could attack a boss almost to death, then log and kill it with there Qst_ character. And then claim complete ignorance.

Mayor is not a boss. Anything that drops keys and only keys is fair game.

Elshira is not a boss for this quest, and is fair game.

wonderful :lol:

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#63 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 08:19 PM

Shame the Locksmith isn't on 1-alt!

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#64 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

I'll say everything was ok with this quest until you said that certain bosses are restricted to the quest players and others cant touch them, or that you cant pk the quest characters as i know lots of people if they ran up on you with their quest character they would switch over to their main and pk you. Then be back on their quest character who you cant touch and laugh as they are protected.

I say if you get pked doing quest oh well, stuff happens. Not like you will get pked at a boss anyways. As they are restricted to them only anyways. Although i find it kind of crappy that me and my sharer could use 4 more cr's and now for 2 months we cant even attempt to go get them. We are restricted to buying them. A widely used boss should not be off limits.
Peacemaker both servers.

#65 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:46 PM

"These are the rules, if these rules do not suffice, then new rules will be made on the spot". lol

Oh well, 2 months of log checking times how many people decide to play. That's practically impossible. People already autotrain and multipc without staff having a way to find out (as I've read here). How come you think you can control a quest of this magnitude.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#66 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:50 PM

As a separate issue, multipcing can be proven easily. Me and Simon banned plenty of people for it in the past. Just have them perform tasks simultaneously. Unless you got 4 arms there's no way you can mimic being two persons.
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#67 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:23 AM

Can staff do this plz? lol
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#68 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 12:34 AM

I did try it once, but the guy passed the test, either from incredible multitasking skill or, more likely, he called his brother over to help in the few seconds he had between being teleported away and me telling him what to do on his two crits. It's not totally failsafe.

#69 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 05:23 AM

Autotraining is simple... check to see if they respond to verbal commands first, then teleport the crit one room to the East. If they still move as if they were hitting and running something and otherwise seem oblivious to the fact they're in the wrong rooms, ban them. Multipcing is somewhat harder though.

#70 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 03:44 PM

Back to the quest... I'm feeling so annoyed that I can't kill the Spirit of Ruh'guul - he's sitting there, ripe for the taking, in an area that's good for very low-level Cleric training, and he's unlikely to be farmed by non-quest players. I'm killing the Ghosts there, but...

What even counts as a boss, a unique monster that doesn't drop a key or nothing at all?

Edited by Crane, 29 August 2011 - 03:47 PM.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#71 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:02 PM

GG on pushing Jase out of HIS Quest.

Other Staff had no need to push and and try take over.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#72 Hooded

Hooded
  • Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:45 PM

Agreeed. gg, another one bites the dust, is this the sign for things to come or is it already happening ?

#73 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

Let me quash this conspiracy theory right now before it gets out of hand. We did not push him out of his quest, and certainly not the game. Scripto and I were protesting against just one rule, mainly because it is practically impossible for it to be obeyed for a full two months, and also unfair - unfortunately he left as a result.

#74 AnArChY

AnArChY
  • Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:42 AM

Let me quash this conspiracy theory right now before it gets out of hand. We did not push him out of his quest, and certainly not the game. Scripto and I were protesting against just one rule, mainly because it is practically impossible for it to be obeyed for a full two months, and also unfair - unfortunately he left as a result.

i agree with what you and mark did,there were other things i did not agree with also but that is besides the point
Immortal God Found On: Anarchy, Lizard, Speed, Clown, Ferocity...
1a Anarchy Sephiroth Sesshoumaru Shinigami...
Evil Never Dies
Evil Only Sleeps

#75 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:45 AM

Rofl its the one rule i disliked the most the whole reserved bosses rule. Wtg staff for listening to a player for once. On a side note. HURRAY i can finally play the server again and know everything is how it should be.
Peacemaker both servers.

#76 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 12:48 AM

Traditional quest next time, kthx.

EIDT: And it was a nice idea, just way too difficult to monitor and control.

Edited by Autek, 30 August 2011 - 12:52 AM.

Autek in game.

#77 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 01:31 AM

I definitely think Staff did the right thing in this case. A Staff member was trying to propose a quest that was well thought of, but a few of the things went against basic principles established by the people. As a whole, we discussed these rules and I would say 90% or more of us didn't care for a couple of them. Whether you heard us complaining or acted towards your own beliefs, the right decision, as far as I'm concerned, was made.

It's sad that someone had to ragequit because of it, but there is nothing we could have done to prevent it in this instance. We acted as a community, made our voices heard, and they were answered.

The players and Staff of NightMist should remember that through communication and cooperation we can get things done. As well, I'm glad you two took over and will continue to run the quest. Thank you for that especially, as I understand you wouldn't have to.

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#78 Adultery

Adultery
  • Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:10 AM

what are you all QQin about.... JLH said double crits was legal. lol so why cry about it now?

fk them haters!

im riiiicccccch biiiiiiitch

Adultery - Diabolic-Clorox

#79 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 02:49 AM

Qst_ Characters are restricted to one per IP logged in at any time. If multiple people play from your IP you must memo me first, and appear on webcam AND be subject to multipc checks at any time.

My sharers and I do not own a webcam. Team Speak could be pulled off, as that's what we use... But on such a short notice and to invest money like that for NM, I now doubt I will be involved.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Personally, I find it highly suspicious that 5-7 people will have the same IP address....

Sharing itself is not a problem if you all have different IPs then you have nothing to worry about, however several 'people/neighbours/wife' having the same IP and logging on/off at the exact same time, and going afk at the same time, and not being able to run to different places when requested is a touch suspcious imo. However, I'm sure several people are fairly glad I'm not staff on the 1a server.

I have 4 IPs running off my router. Not 5-7. Get your nonsense straight.

First of all, if a player requests me to do something, you can go screw yourself. If staff asks me to do it, that's another story. You think you're smart? Autotrainers can make 4 different IP's run to 4 different towns.

On a second note, who is to say my 6 and 7 year old don't tap macros for me? I mean, you need to get a life, play the game you see 'if', I'll play the game I see fit. If you don't like it, quit or stop QQ'ing. There's no way to prove it.

Edit: Seriously, what's next? Want the names/address'/social security numbers of all the people who choose to play with me? I don't go around PKing your dumbass, I go out and I have a good time with my sharers. Stop trying to slander -my- name.

Damn bro someones real defensive about those neighbors. If its truly neighbors you'd have nothing to worry about so why rage.

Also programing a sequence in an auto trainer on 4 different computers in a matter of 10 seconds is impossible.

Anyways back on topic. Glad to see its still going to be done it got me all excited when I played this morning.
Freek ingame.

#80 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

Actually, if your smart enought you COULD do it.

JLH said its ok becasue it cant be 100% proven and he wont have anyone banned for it. (Wonder why everyone does it now?)

Alec wasnt raging, he was making a point.

I dont agree with the way Staff have handled things, his rule was fine and he had reasoning.

Edited by Cadabra, 30 August 2011 - 11:41 AM.

#81 Cruxis

Cruxis
  • Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:28 PM

Lame reason to quit Jase. People fail all over, don't let it affect you! I can admit that staff have inside knowledge, but the comment at hand was something even a player could know. FIGHT THE MACHINE!

Or on another topic..

Use it :lol:

I was always for 2 or 3a's, 1a is just not viable with this playerbase.

But this "multi" fad that's been happening more and more, it's pretty much the same fix. The game is more lively, people are having fun, CREDENZA died for the first time ever on the server.

But, this "multi" thing, it pretty much only gives a few that chance, and makes people who can't feel like they're playing main on 1 character. I think the alt limit should just be changed up and maybe people wouldn't feel the need to do this, giving them anywhere from a 2x + advantage.

Edited by Cruxis, 30 August 2011 - 05:30 PM.

#82 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 05:37 PM

I wasn't raging. I just don't like Jay/Craig :lol:

I'm neither Jay nor Craig tyvm...

---------------- Manson, he has been AFK (5 minutes of being inactive) for 6 minutes. ----------------
Logged on: 13:52:35
Last Logon: 08-30-2011 17:34:22

---------------- Craze, he has been AFK (5 minutes of being inactive) for 7 minutes. ----------------
Logged on: 13:52:40
Last Logon: 08-30-2011 17:34:30

---------------- Tietsu, he has been AFK (5 minutes of being inactive) for 6 minutes. ----------------
Logged on: 13:52:29
Last Logon: 08-30-2011 17:34:49

---------------- Yoink, he has been AFK (5 minutes of being inactive) for 9 minutes. ----------------
Logged on: 13:53:11
Last Logon: 08-30-2011 17:34:55

and then.....
All logged...
Last Logon: 08-30-2011 18:09:32
Last Logon: 08-30-2011 18:09:38
Last Logon: 08-30-2011 18:09:38
Last Logon: 08-30-2011 18:14:42

For 4 people to all log on 'constantly' within a few seconds/minutes of each other on a daily basis is a touch more than suspicous, I mean I dont think I've ever seen 1 of the above chars online on its own, EVER!! It is also strange that you were all for the quest until Jase posted rules that all people with the same IPs had to appear on webcam.

Now, I'm not saying you are the only person who is using multiple-alts and possibly it is a little harsh of me to single you as an example, but it really irritates me that just because JLH says it's impossible to prove it; that it makes it OK. IT DOESN'T!!

Staff need to seriously rethink their policy and the message they send out to both old and especially new players, personally I believe it is a severe failing of the game that people feel it necessary to log on more than 1 character on a 1 alt game. However, this does not deflect from the fact that this is a 1 alt game, and should be treated as such.

Punishments as Autek said need to be dished out on a 'suspicion of' basis, and staff need to interrogate players they think are multi-alting. If this proves to be true, then an instant ban/deletion of the abused characters/accounts should happen. That would put a stop to the problem overnight.

Possibly the wrong thread for that, but now it's said.

Roll on the quest, good luck to all!!
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#83 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:04 PM

So your saying you want half the playerbase to be banned?

As Alex pointed out, Multi-Alting made the game more fun for most people and bigger bosses possible with a low playerbase.

Make it 3-alt.

#84 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

This isn't meant to look down on any of you for your choice playing styles at all and not directed at anyone as i didn't read all the previous posts, its just my personal playing prefference. I enoyed 1-alt alot when people played it as that. Why make a hassle for yourself, deal with the whining and drama and use multi pc's when you could just play multi server? I would be glad to run trips and boss with people who dont have much over there to help get them started if thats the reasoning.. and if its "there is more players on 1a" well if the multi pcers switched to multi itself the servers would about even out and all of this bickering would stop. The reason there isn't much pking and competitiveness on multi(which makes it more boring than 1a imo) is because most of the players that are left are friends from back in the day and dont hit eachother.. come on over and enjoy a quiet fun atmosphere where people will help ya out or get your mean face on and shake things up a bit.

making 1a into 3-alt kinda defeats the purpose of the whole server for me as a player, I thought it was supposed to be something fun and different.. I can play 3 alts on the other server.

Not all multi-pcers bother me either its mostly the people who multi pc just to wreck other player's fun, if you use 3 or whatever of your own alts to constaly ruin someones fun who can only run 1 altand only have 1 computer and thats why they came to play 1a in the first place ..that person will most likely give up as its hard as hell to compete 1v2 or 3 ALL the time.

I was looking forward to the quest because it would bring alot of that 1a mentality back even if just for a brief time and for only a select group thats participating... tbh thats the whole reason I am even giving 1a one last shot and participating. I enjoy using 1-alt.

Edited by Gnarkill, 30 August 2011 - 06:31 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#85 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:37 PM

I am in full support of what Gnarkill has to say.

#86 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:40 PM

Take away multi users and you have like 6 players left on 1-alt that are on regularly.

I know which way id choose if it was my game..

#87 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 06:58 PM

I would make a character and come back to playing 1a(instead of just the quest) if it was "1a enforced", and there is probably a few more people floating around that would too. So atleast +1 from how it is now since I can only speak for myself. How many actual "users" does 1a have now? It looks like alot but I also see 2-5 alts in the same clan that are "sharers" logging on and off together often so I can't be sure who is real and who is another pc to make a judgement on how much it would effect the number of actual users or just the "online character numbers".

I'm probably crazy :lol: I just like the challenge of using 1alt only.

Edited by Gnarkill, 30 August 2011 - 06:59 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#88 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

Take away multi users and you have like 6 players left on 1-alt that are on regularly.

I know which way id choose if it was my game..

Apparently not since those neighbors are real?

I'm confused..

P.S. - Don't raise the ALT limit. 1a is supposed to be 1a. If anything is to be done its more balancing for 1a.

On another note make haveing 1alt actually worth something. There is no reward for someone busting there tail to get to 40 when it doesn't affect there capabilities in game.

Edited by Freek, 30 August 2011 - 08:09 PM.

Freek ingame.

#89 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

If he knows then why would he say on 6 people would log on. There is 4 people right there. Not like Militas numbers would decline. Am i right?
Freek ingame.

#90 Tietsu

Tietsu
  • Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 08:13 PM

Deleting all other posts. I'm not justifying myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users