Photo

Change Cobalt Staff Of The Winds Back

1-alt

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

Poll: Change Cobalt Staff of the Winds back on 1-alt.

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

Should it be back to .3 Vamp rating?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Jihad

Jihad
  • Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:27 PM

I disagree Stig smells funny... :P

Sedition,Discipline. 1-Alt Only

#62 Kakarott

Kakarott
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:23 PM

heres an idea go back to the oringinal server and leave this broken server that yall are now gettin ired of to die like it should have wen trevayne forced it into the game without proper testing ..

Both Server's

Milenko

In-Game

#63 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 12:18 AM

i think multi needs reset , then i probably would if there was still interest over there that is. which i already barely ever see anyone on main when i log on.

see how biased opinions are bad!

"Wake Up!!" 

#64 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:41 AM

i think multi needs reset , then i probably would if there was still interest over there that is. which i already barely ever see anyone on main when i log on.

see how biased opinions are bad!

I would support a multi reset! its been brought up a few times over the years and we get the same answer.. its something JLH is unwilling to do. Even just removing the /toggle who would be a big improvement over on multi that wouldn't take much time but it is what it is. I do agree its been pretty dead over there when I've been on lately.. I even logged on the other night and there wasn't anyone on either of the servers for a few hours.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#65 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 13 May 2016 - 01:47 AM

the game wouldnt adequately support a reset anyway.  the bosses spawn so slow, i couldnt imagine the game progression when there wasnt a decade of items piled up before coins sovereigns and GM leveling.  everyone would be screwed literally lol.  who knows might be fun /shrug. 

"Wake Up!!" 

#66 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 12:42 AM

I don't really see why the main server would need a reset; if it's as inactive as you think it is, it's basically a fresh server, no? so why reset? 

Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#67 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:26 AM

it was just a naive thought, reflecting biased opinions lol

on a whole tho i would accept a reset on either server if there was actual fixes going on behind the scenes.  but as stated by mods/staff, JLH doesn't comply and nothing will be done.  but its a cool "what if", especially if it was like a ladder server where crits are moved to non ladder after 2 years.  myself id prefer 3-5 alt limit, or 1 if it was fixed for solo play.

basically we are left with a game that can only be balanced through items, monsters, and areas.  and without staff willing to throw tried and tested class only areas, mods exceeding current norms, and toning monsters way way down, its not going to get better lol.  main will stay a thumb twiddling contest of spawns with nothing but 1 click hitters for the most part.  1a will stay a conflict of interests, where you have race, class and training options although almost all of them are bad lol.

"Wake Up!!" 

#68 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 02:36 AM

I don't really see why the main server would need a reset; if it's as inactive as you think it is, it's basically a fresh server, no? so why reset? 

Because I wish a level 30 cap Multi with a 5 or 10 alt limit was a thing.  :lol:  I'm also 100% cool with multi the way it is and don't expect any major changes too but a guy can dream! haha

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#69 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 01:38 PM

Give me one good reason why I should even contribute, given I'm Kim Jong-un.  Perhaps I'll make a hard labour camp for 1-alt and teleport everyone there.

this is my favorite post ever.  the most ironic part is that the crate system is a hard labor camp lol.  nonetheless it was a great chuckle.

"Wake Up!!" 

#70 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 05:44 PM

Tell all you want a reset fellows something. Go on main server. Get you 100 or more lvl 30-40's and put bout 7 years or more work in and then tell me you want a reset since others cant make it the same way. Everyone i see asking for reset is people who dont have a good main account. DJ you dont count either yours is mediocre atm if that. Mike is only one on here besides me who has a good main account and im pretty sure he just like I dont want our stuff reset to make it fair for others who didnt stay at it all these years. I will say its true i may not have trained all mine like he did, but i did work to trade and done it many of times. I didnt do all that just to restart everything again.

Now on subject of cobalt change. Yes, no, it doesnt matter. Game will end within a few years and we know it. Might as well take all the free game time and free game playing memories and apply them while the game is still here. Peace.

Peacemaker both servers.

#71 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:42 PM

I don't see why a reset would help, though. I mean, no one on the server really PKs, and anytime someone decides they want to start, they get ganged up into submission. 

If 5 people come over from 1a, you'll have 5 people competing for all the BoT's and EDs to level zerk/thieves. 

If you reset main and 5 people come over from 1a, you'll have those 5 people, plus Gareth, Me, Gaddy, Ste, Trey, Rob/Jake, and Jose to compete with over those BoT's and EDs. Malok's hardly in currently, do you really want to see how little he's alive when Gaddy actually needs EDs? lol. 

Like you (Terron) said, without wholesale changes in the background, a reset wouldn't come close to solving the issues, and would probably make existing ones like a leveling item bottleneck even worse. 

(to Terrron) Just an aside, but log on Main sometime and look at the parties that actually get used -- Gaddy and I each have 5 slow hitters in our party, Gareth uses slow hitters, Chris did as well before retiring, and I'm pretty sure Jose's main party uses a fighter and mage. It's not just mindless clicking. Have you explored the Dvergar Stronghold, Cauldron of Shadows, Stone Dragon, and any of the bosses that use the keys from the Inquisitor's Tower? It's all fantastic content and nothing resembling a thumb twiddling contest of spawns. I just think it's interesting that no one who actually plays Main thinks that server is broken, only the people who abandoned it for 1a a long time ago. 

Second aside (...further aside?)-- JLH plz dont end the game before i 40 my mage lol

deimos the noob said no

#72 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:36 AM

you guys take too much to heart and don't actually read,  i just tossed it out as a bs response to someone saying the same thing but with flipped server.  i don't give a damn about a reset, all it would do is spark interest for a few random players, the vets that do stick around will play 186 gamedays in the first year 120 the next and the game is virtually the same.  resets would do nothing but prolong the inevitable temporarily, because nothing is fixed.  the only balance it has is the requirement of thousands of hours., which is the only thing that it shouldn't have.    

i dont know how you can put down 3 names out of the entire multi playerbase and say that the game isnt "for the most part" 1 click attackers. have you ever seen the game stats?

p.s. (using a macromouse/silverlight, scrips or microsoft custom drivers to 1 click 9 stam on your fighters is still a 1 click attacker no matter what workaround it is.)

"Wake Up!!" 

#73 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 01:12 AM

lol bro i don't know any of what you said in that "PS" is, and I can't speak for anyone else, but I click the button or hit a macro for every damn stam. Watch me play the game one time before you make assumptions. 

you've brought up a reset many, many, many, many, many times. 

3 names out of the entire multi playerbase? the entire multi playerbase is pretty much the 7 names I listed. Also Jake/Rob and Jose are inactive, so its really 5, so yes, I'm describing the majority of the playerbase. I guess DJ too but I don't think he really talks to anyone (or maybe just not me lol). Was the point of that whole thing to get me to say that only like 5 people play the game?

getting back to the entire point of my previous post -- the people who actually play main aren't complaining that it's broken, and a reset would do nothing but make the barriers to entry for new players (leveling items) worse. 

deimos the noob said no

#74 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:22 AM

Tell all you want a reset fellows something. Go on main server. Get you 100 or more lvl 30-40's and put bout 7 years or more work in and then tell me you want a reset since others cant make it the same way. Everyone i see asking for reset is people who dont have a good main account. DJ you dont count either yours is mediocre atm if that. Mike is only one on here besides me who has a good main account and im pretty sure he just like I dont want our stuff reset to make it fair for others who didnt stay at it all these years. I will say its true i may not have trained all mine like he did, but i did work to trade and done it many of times. I didnt do all that just to restart everything again.

Now on subject of cobalt change. Yes, no, it doesnt matter. Game will end within a few years and we know it. Might as well take all the free game time and free game playing memories and apply them while the game is still here. Peace.

Get your panties out of a bunch :lol: then read both posts I made.. I was saying I'd support a reset if it opened back up as a nostalgic level 30 cap server with a 5-10 alt cap.. which we all know is something that would never happen so there isn't anything to worry about. I also said that I enjoy multi just fine the way it is and wouldn't care if there were any changes made or not. As for the part in bold.. I've played since the big reset and just like you guys I've put my time into NM over the years too.. but bragging rights on NM are something that became very unimportant to me long ago. Its true I don't have much of an acct anymore.. I've even given away almost all of the crits, guilds and items I've ever owned on NM. All I have left are a few crits to mess around on and a small guild to keep them in.. I don't even have a full boss party and I'm only online a couple times a week at most. I did get a kick out of the whole "A player's opinion only matters if they currently have a good main acct" thing though.. stay classy, NM.

@Sneaky- Yeah, thats nothing against you at all! I just don't really talk to anyone when I am online. I'm not really into the social aspect/atmosphere of NM anymore. I do still like to play multi server when I get a chance to log on though. I'm not a 1a fan.. my biggest crit there is level 10. 

Edited by Gnarkill, 17 May 2016 - 08:10 AM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#75 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 07:36 PM

@Terron Don't worry most of these guys could care less about the future of the game or whether new players come back or anything like that. They just want to make sure they can keep their "power" and status as long as possible even if it means playing an online game by themselves (which they basically do now).

Luckily for you and the people who actually want to play a game with active and new players there is a new one already online and very playable inside of 2 weeks. Who knows where it will be in another 2 weeks. Looking forward to seeing you over there and having your voices and opinions not only heard but valued (I know thats a hard thing to wrap your head around coming from this community haha).

Edited by Element, 17 May 2016 - 07:47 PM.

-Adventure To Fate Game Dev- https://itunes.apple...d871690289?mt=8

#76 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:08 PM

Element- Ah, I figured the first time you mentioned your game it was just coincidence and rambling.. but its clear now that your crap talk towards NM, Stig and the players is just to promote your game and attempt to make it look better. Good luck with the game.. maybe you'll be able to poach enough players off of dying games to build yourself a little player base. 

Edited by Gnarkill, 17 May 2016 - 08:22 PM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#77 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 08:41 PM

Just echoing what DJ is saying -- that's great that you're creating a game that will solicit player feedback to develop content. That was not the intention of the creators of Nightmist (lest you people forget the days of Pandilex doing whatever the moose he wanted with no regard to the greater implications to the game), and bashing the game for failing to solicit feedback from its players is like complaining that you don't like Oranges because they aren't Apples. 

Do I care about the future of the game? Yes, in that I hope the game continues to exist so that I can keep playing it. 

Do I care if new people start playing the game? Not really. The creator of the game doesn't care, so I don't see why I should take it upon myself to champion the cause. 

Do I care about my "power" and "status" on the game? Nah, I just like killin' bosses, and the status point is especially funny because I don't flaunt my party or items (and if you asked me to rank the people that play the game, i'd put myself on the low end of the list cause i'm pretty fkin lazy)

you get what you pay for, and nightmist is free; which is a different way of saying a point I made on an earlier post (nightmist owes you nothing). 

Good luck with your game, hopefully your player base doesn't compare you to a totalitarian dictator when you fail to make exactly the change that they want. 

deimos the noob said no

#78 Rodeo

Rodeo
  • Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:04 PM

Nightmist is a good game for what it is and what it isnt. Good if you have alot of time to invest in it and not so good if you dont. I like the people most even the nutsty ones they liven it up once in awhile.

#79 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 09:13 PM

Element- Ah, I figured the first time you mentioned your game it was just coincidence and rambling.. but its clear now that your crap talk towards NM, Stig and the players is just to promote your game and attempt to make it look better. Good luck with the game.. maybe you'll be able to poach enough players off of dying games to build yourself a little player base. 

Thanks! but in no means is it my game or am I am even a staff member on the game. I just figure a few people here might enjoy something fresh and active is all. It's clear nothing like that will ever happen again here.

My intention isn't to "poach" anyone because I have no doubts an actively developed game will get all the players it needs to be fun & successful. Don't get me wrong it would be great to see some of the unused / disregarded talent here put towards good use.

The only reason I even bother to watch or hang around these forums is because I care about nightmist and actually remember how fun it was. The game helped shape my life and career as I assume it did for the others that are still around. I hope you can't blame me for having a glimmer of hope that things might turn back around some day.

Edited by Element, 17 May 2016 - 09:20 PM.

#80 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 11:50 PM

resets are just part of developmental processes aswell as patching. yes I support resets because i dont care what players play and id surely pick 3 players over any player left. just is what it is.  resets are brought up mostly as server hate-mongering(both sides) or when staff say "that wont happen without a reset".  want nuts fixed its going to need reset lol.

its impossible to balance drop rates with 250+ accts worth of nuts hoarded by 7 accts because those 11 players never quit main.  now every new/returning player has to suffer because veterans have XxxXXXXXXxxxxxxxX of each item and drop rates reflect this. resets alleviate that problem. coin systems were fatally flawed in conjunction with the leveling systems on multi.  since there is little to no interest to train new.  almost no new player will even stick round to train nuts with that system lol.  those 7 accts you mentioned are probably 80%+ of the players who have had fun on multi in the past 5 years.

the most disturbing difference between 1a and multi is thus: ingame concepts of the multi alt server are added/changed so the veterans have more continual stuff to do, whereas on 1a veterans just play the game and do something "too much" and it is nerfed or tampered with so veterans have less and less to do.  that is no-ones blame but staff. jlh didnt pop on and check crits kill lists to see what to nerf lol.  its the same ol' thing, nerf the 1 thing thats overused and leave the 99 others that are never touched. its beating around the bush.

I play this game for what it is, a chat room that still exists with the same members its had for nearly the last decade. because i dont really have adequate time anymore to endgame on either server.  which is the fatal flaw of the entire game, almost no-one endgames even after 10 years.  which is why resets don't matter  to me, i doubt ill be around when im 50 lol.

p.s. i like both servers, just because i primarily stick to 1a, doesnt mean i didn't have a decade of fun on multi. 

"Wake Up!!" 

#81 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5241 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 04:25 AM

Kakarott in some broken English seems to be saying Trevayne forced 1-Alt, which is completely false.

JLH / Pandilex opened the 1-Alt server without any input or adjustments. There was no request for input or notice to staff. So the fact the game was not setup for single player or adjusted ahead of time was because Simon and JLH wanted to open it that way. I don't know if they planned on leaving it to sort itself out as much as it has been, but there has never been much done to adjust the game mechanics to suit single players - just the opening of level 40 cap instead of level 30.

Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#82 ice_cold

ice_cold
  • Advisors
  • 1803 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 08:22 AM

As Gaddy stated, there's numerous posts on the staff forum about it. Simon and JLH opened the server on their own accord without staff input. A couple staff members did a bit to push 1-alt along for a short period of time, however the staff at the time wanted the server to be closed for a short period of time so they could make changes to better suit 1 character. When Simon and JLH butted heads with the staff at the time, those staff members pretty much said they would do stuff for multi because doing stuff for 1-alt was a losing battle. 

That being said, Travayne ran off a couple of the staff members as well, which included at the very least Stig and Pandilex... and possibly JLH.

However, since the staff abandoned 1a, the game ended up with a bunch of staff members over the years who only ran events and players complaining they never got anything new. Staff could have worked on the game to make some changes. It wasn't until Maarten came around did we really see anything, then jase ran him off by repeatedly banning him, then jase got banned for cheating... Stig came back around this time... then Wes came back... then Wes was gone again... You also apparently have Mark, Elf, and Piggy, but in all honesty I don't think they do anything for the game anymore, and haven't for some time.

So, that leaves you Stig, someone who has probably done more for the game then the creator themself. It would probably be best to not run him off, as JLH stated he's not hiring any new staff.

Then again, you could always play Zelimos' game which seems to look pretty close to Nightmist with some changes, and has been in development for 4+ years, or you could play Elements game, whenever he gets one.... or you could just keep playing nightmist like you always have and just be happy you have anyone doing anything for you guys at all.

I read somewhere that ostrichs hide their heads under the sand because moles watch porn.

ScarletMuse 03/2/2005 11:20am

#83 Silver_Dragoness

Silver_Dragoness
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 27 May 2016 - 02:43 PM

Ice_Cold, thank you. Well said.

"suddenly i heard a tapping, as of someone gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door"

Naamah - Main

Tyrelline - 1A

#84 Element

Element
  • Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:50 PM

Good to get some background on 1alt I actually wasn't around much when it opened (mostly played long before it opened). It is nice to see people admitting nothing has really been done on it tho build wise. I mean changes could be made to make it balanced and enjoyable but I understand there is limited time and if I played multi I would put my time into that rather than 1 Alt. I understand you guys have accepted the game is just going to die out so there's no point in putting effort into improving things on 1 alt.

Again I'm not making a game. I make iOS games for a living not Windows games (don't really know anything but objective-c). However the game getting made by Chris is going to blow you guys away I've already seen a few faces over there (I'm guessing even more I didn't recognize). Without changes over here it might be the death of nightmist. I'm not saying I want that by any means but an active developer and staff that actually listens to the players could be the last blow. It's exciting to have a live growing mud around again.

Anyways excited to see your faces pop-up over there.

Edited by Element, 31 May 2016 - 07:51 PM.

#85 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 02 June 2016 - 01:05 AM

the death of nightmist has always been players growing up and having real stuff to do while the game never progressed to offer more for newer players opposed to keeping veterans popping the same hedge minion or crab 400 thousand times.  after playing games for so long it only becomes a number, utilize gold or utilize experience. then some have stuck around so long they don't care for that either and want to play the game for its nostalgia and areas but notice almost none of it matters for lvl 20+. 

I was around during the creation of 1a, and as much of a shocker it was or wasnt to staff at the time.  JLH and Simon logged on quite a bit back then and argued alot about a single alt server.  because the game was designed to be so.  it was designed to have a playerbase not an endless critbase.  the game has its flaws but i will say the 2nd biggest of them was the first reset, which eliminated interest for dozens of upcoming players.  most of the non vets stopped coming around after they seen "resets" happen. And the biggest, parties..., say what you want, but when an online game becomes "player logs on, player does X, player logs off" with little to no interaction with anyone or anything else. I have a hard time seeing why its even an online game.  the 1a server should have been the only server, and multi alt should have just been an offline d/l for a few bucks or a lump of ingame gold.  well, is what it is, im far too old to care that much anymore 

Edited by Terron, 02 June 2016 - 01:00 PM.

"Wake Up!!" 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1-alt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users