Diablo 3

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#61 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 05:56 AM

Currently up to level 54 on my Barbarian. Just finished Act 1 in Hell. Game gets WAY more difficult in Nightmare and especially Hell. I've died many many times to insane trash packs. Currently playing in a group of 4 with a Demon Hunter, Monk, and Witch Doctor.
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#62 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 09:38 PM

Agreed currently level 52 half way through act 1 hell. And its just gets funner and funner, the unique/rares have like 3-4 special special abilites and some of the combos are insane. Currently in a group of 3 me (wizard), 53 dh and 54 barb
Freek ingame.

#63 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

I got my Monk up to 31 and just starting Nightmare, really. Been playing around with a Demon Hunter and Wizard a little too, trying to decide if I want one of those instead. :lol:

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#64 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:44 AM

Got level 60 on my Barbarian and finished Hell last night. I'm going to roll a Wizard though and start on it. Barbarian is pretty... meh in Hell/Inferno. Too squishy even when taking all defensive abilities. If you plan to play a Barb and DPS you should think again. As a Barb in Inferno you will NEVER be using a two hander or dual wielding. It'll be all 1h/shield with defensive abilities.

Which that might be fun for some people, but yeah I expected to be a whirlwinding machine like I was in D2, so I'll be trying Wizard out.

#65 Jumpsteady

Jumpsteady
  • Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:01 AM

I think Monks are beter tanks than barbs.

#66 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:38 AM

I think Monks are beter tanks than barbs.

I would have agreed up until the giant nerfs Monks received today. Not being able to stay at full spirit nor spam their invuln shield on the party anymore makes them rather weak tanks. Makes Barbs look better now though.

#67 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 08:38 AM

43 DH :)
If you build it, they will come.

#68 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

43 DH :lol:

Oh wow there's a face I haven't seen in ages!

Playing on the EU realms I'm guessing?

#69 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:37 PM

57 Barb, halfway act 3 Hell. Got very nice gear so it's not that hard (lot of life on hit), but read that on inferno I gotta switch to go max on resistance. So been looking for gear like that already.

Saw the hundreds of threads saying inferno is too hard on act 2 for barb but I'm not in a rush to finish it. It's more about getting 60 gear and that should be obtainable in act 1. For some reason I feel this hasn't as much re-playability (or through-playability) for me as Diablo 2 had tho.
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#70 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Yup, but I don't think game has much staying power, once people hit the cap and farm some decent equipment, there's not a whole lot more to play for.
If you build it, they will come.

#71 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

Yup, but I don't think game has much staying power, once people hit the cap and farm some decent equipment, there's not a whole lot more to play for.

Eh true but that was pretty much the same in all Diablo games. Only thing to do is farm gear and PVP. Blizzard really needs to push that PVP patch out sooner than later because people will get pretty bored a month or so from now I'd say. Especially when the Inferno nerfs come in and that won't be long from now.

#72 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:55 AM

You wont -clear- inferno for a while.. The jump from each act in inferno is like jumping to a new difficulty. Currently in Act 2 inferno (like most) and stuck grinding hell whimsy or act 1 inferno..
Freek ingame.

#73 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 06:32 PM

Haven't been able to log on for 2 days or so now. But I was in act 1 Inferno, and any pack I came across kills me instantly. It's scaling so bad, I did Hell without a scratch and killed Diablo and other tough packs without even using my big attacks or any pots and without the need to kite or move from any dot.

I understand the farming, but that should've been included in every act and every difficulty level, not just a brick wall at inferno out of nowhere. And the 100% random stats on loot, mobs etc. makes it all just a game for the lucky and not for the skilled. Probably done already, very short lived.

Edit: Btw have two guest passes, dunno if they're limited to EU or whatever, but since none of my friends play these types of games, if anyone wants one I'll PM it.

Edited by Angelus, 31 May 2012 - 06:33 PM.

Angelus ingame.

#74 Tyler

Tyler
  • Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

I'm still playing when I can, but been busy. I put my monk on standby after the nerf and picked up playing the Wiz, which I absolutely love. I've been switching skills quite a bit and just got it up to 40, halfway through Nightmare. It's starting to get pretty intense. Looks like you guys have been saying what most have about Inferno getting ridiculous really fast. Kind of sucks, but hopefully it'll add another challenge to the game that makes it worth playing for. I guess I'll have to get through Hell first. :lol:

CEO & Founder of Twisted Tactics.

In-game

Multi: Veles or Elixir

1-alt: Liability

#75 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

Haven't been able to log on for 2 days or so now. But I was in act 1 Inferno, and any pack I came across kills me instantly. It's scaling so bad, I did Hell without a scratch and killed Diablo and other tough packs without even using my big attacks or any pots and without the need to kite or move from any dot.

I understand the farming, but that should've been included in every act and every difficulty level, not just a brick wall at inferno out of nowhere. And the 100% random stats on loot, mobs etc. makes it all just a game for the lucky and not for the skilled. Probably done already, very short lived.

Edit: Btw have two guest passes, dunno if they're limited to EU or whatever, but since none of my friends play these types of games, if anyone wants one I'll PM it.

I really disagree about the game being for the lucky and not the skilled. I've been playing a Barbarian from the start and everyone agreed it was pretty much the worst class in the game. Up until the monk, DH, and Wizzy nerfs that is. And even I was able to clear packs in Act 1 Inferno after getting some better gear and just going at it figuring out ways to beat the hard packs. Obviously I couldn't just run up and melee a pack with say fire chains and arcane enchanted, but I have rarely seen packs I just could not beat. Although I did/do play with a Monk friend 50% of the time so that factors into it.

I was upset at first at how difficult inferno was, but I think it was a smart move on Blizzard's end making it so difficult. If it was a cakewalk like everything else then people would pregnant dog and moan about that, and also quit. While I would agree it's overtuned, I will really be sad if Blizzard nerfs it to oblivion. Which they always have a tendency to do. I mean the PVP patch is ages away so all we have right now is Inferno.

Oh also, guest passes aren't region locked. It doesn't matter where you bought the game from nor where you got the guest pass from. Anyone can play on any server just by switching it in the menu upon logging in.

But yeah I'm still having a blast with the game. I rolled a Wizard since a friend I usually duo with rolled a Barb and I didn't much like the idea of two barbs duoing. Would survive forever but never kill anything! I'm up to level 54 on it. Having a blast so far.

I found a little trick for leveling up easily.. Well if you can call it a trick. There's an affix for items that reduces the level requirement to use them. I found a two handed mace on the AH with nearly 900 DPS and it was only level 51 required to equip. It had a -9 level requirement affix on it. Items like that are fucking huge for leveling up new characters. It took my Wizard's damage at 51 from around 5500 to 21000 (With Familiar's 12% Dmg increase, and Magic Weapon's 10% of course). So I basically destroy anything in hell within a couple of seconds. So any of you guys who make an alt you should check the Auction House for items like those. The difference they can make is gigantic. A friend of mine even has a 1 Handed Sword with something like 700 Damage and -15 level requirement which I think is the max you can get.

#76 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:25 PM

Oh also, if anyone is playing a Barbarian or Monk you HAVE to have resist gear for Inferno. It's just a must. Monks have it easier since they have something that makes it so any +resist item you get gives resists to every stat. So they can just stack poison resist for example and it will give resists to everything.

And on a Barb you'll want to get the War Cry shout with the rune that increases your resists by 50% as well. Another must right now. My barb is sitting around 700 resists right now. It makes a huge difference.

Edited by Exor, 02 June 2012 - 10:25 PM.

#77 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

On inferno act 1 I can kill everything now. Have around 500 resists with shout. But it's not rewarding at all, since all the gear I get is crap compared to the ones I can buy of AH. So I can move forward but it's not rewarding at all doing so with 'shop bought' gear. I'll probably still finish it, cause I'm OCD like that.

Have you found any attacks against your ranged class that a melee class wouldn't have much of a problem with? I'm asking since all the ground attacks like poison, molten, frozen, arcane all suck for melee, since we have to stand where the mob is standing. Whereas ranged can just move away and still hit the mob. Meaning melee has to focus a lot on tanking, and still we get slapped around with the same enrage timers. Even worse is mobs that are ranged themselves, they just keep running away and then when you take to long they enrage, which is kinda stupid since those mobs are kiting us melee and we're the ones who should be able to get enraged by it.

Aaanyways, so much that frustrates me and so little that entertains me. But glad to see others are enjoying it nonetheless.
Angelus ingame.

#78 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 11:46 PM

On inferno act 1 I can kill everything now. Have around 500 resists with shout. But it's not rewarding at all, since all the gear I get is crap compared to the ones I can buy of AH. So I can move forward but it's not rewarding at all doing so with 'shop bought' gear. I'll probably still finish it, cause I'm OCD like that.

Have you found any attacks against your ranged class that a melee class wouldn't have much of a problem with? I'm asking since all the ground attacks like poison, molten, frozen, arcane all suck for melee, since we have to stand where the mob is standing. Whereas ranged can just move away and still hit the mob. Meaning melee has to focus a lot on tanking, and still we get slapped around with the same enrage timers. Even worse is mobs that are ranged themselves, they just keep running away and then when you take to long they enrage, which is kinda stupid since those mobs are kiting us melee and we're the ones who should be able to get enraged by it.

Aaanyways, so much that frustrates me and so little that entertains me. But glad to see others are enjoying it nonetheless.

Yeah I can def understand why it might frustrate you to never find good items yourself. Out of curiosity, how much Magic Find do you run with? With or without the Nephalem Valor buff. I wasn't finding anything worthwhile really until I started tossing on some items with some MF. I've basically got two sets on my Barb. One set to progress past Act 2+ with and another to still survive but have enough MF on to make farming worthwhile. I've found quite a few nice items on my Act 1 Inferno MF runs as well with it. I run with around 180 Magic Find with the Nephalem Valor buff. Which obviously isn't that high, but I've still found it made a hugh difference compared to using the MF from the nephalem valor buff only.

But yeah even with an insanely high amount of MF you just won't find the best stuff until Act 2+. Basically I just did MF runs in Act 1 to make gold for the most part. I don't know if you do MF runs at all, but I've found runs that involve killing The Warden and then The Butcher (With 5 Neph stacks) to be highly rewarding.

And yeah really there's only one attack that melee have easy versus ranged and thats Mortar. Mortar doesn't even effect melee, but it rapes a ranged player. Arcane Enchanted isn't much easier either since they still drop it right on top of you as a ranged class. But yeah I'd still say without a doubt melee have it way harder. Frozen, Desecrate, Molten etc are just disgusting.

Honestly at this point if you're not enjoying the game too much I would recommend you give another class a shot like Wizard or Demon Hunter. It's like night and day really. I mean I'm not saying it's impossible for Barb/melee but yeah you'd probably have way more fun with a Wiz/DH. I know I am at least right now.

#79 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 01:41 AM

Just wanted to let you guys know if you ever need any help and are on the American servers feel free to hit me up. Not sure if I posted it here or not, but my battletag is Drain#1713 so feel free to friend me.

Also if any of you guys have a Wizard that's in Hell or Inferno and want to know a trick to make quick/easy gold let me know and I'll post it here. You may already know it, its the Royal Crypt Urn trick I'm talking about. With the right setup and gear you can pull in about 250k an hour in Hell and 350kish an hour in Inferno. Maybe more I'm not sure, I lost track of how quick it was going per hour. But I'll put it this way, I started doing it on my Wizard alt two days ago and I've went from 7k gold to 4 Million gold just doing these runs off and on for the past two days.

#80 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 09 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

I've only really had time to play after work, but I 60'd my barb the other day. Thinking either Wizard or Demon Hunter next. Both seem pretty awesome. Exor, PM me that trick if you wouldn't mind, or go ahead and post it here. Sounds awesome!
Autek in game.

#81 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 12:28 AM

I've only really had time to play after work, but I 60'd my barb the other day. Thinking either Wizard or Demon Hunter next. Both seem pretty awesome. Exor, PM me that trick if you wouldn't mind, or go ahead and post it here. Sounds awesome!

Oh nice grats on getting to 60! Even with the rough shape Barbs are in I still love mine.

Also I got bad news lol. The trick I was speaking of was nerfed by Blizzard today so its no longer possible to do it anymore. "Pots of ashes in Act I and vases in Act IV will now drop less gold when destroyed" is what they said they did to nerf it. It was basically a trick where with very high gold find and gold radius gear you could just farm urns in the Royal Crypts constantly without even fighting any monsters. Pretty bad luck too, I just found out about this trick a couple days ago and then its nerfed! =\

#82 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

Found another little trick. Apparently Blizzard mooseed up and you can cancel your auctions without having to wait for them to expire. Basically you just have to set your own clock back two days and then every auction you have up gets the cancel button beside it so you can cancel them. Blizzard set it to your own local time rather than server time for some stupid reason. So basically they mooseed up big time.

http://www.youtube.c...mp;feature=plcp

Theres a link explaining it more from Kripparian.

#83 Woodstock

Woodstock
  • Members
  • 263 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:49 PM

got my witch doctor to 52, stopped to play alts because WD seem really clunky.. Rolling a wizard and a demon hunter, but the wizard seems to be winning out in what is more fun.
When life slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry walls.

Lappa/Woodstock on Multi
Dubs/Cold on 1a

#84 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

Yeaah I've made a Demon Hunter alt after getting my Barb/Wiz to 60 and shes level 44 or so now but i'm just not finding it very fun. In fact I'd say its my least favorite class by far. Don't guess I'll be getting it to 60 to make my main like I originally planned.

#85 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

Made DH as well, and almost finished normal, but felt like a chore. Been playing some torchlight 1 and Dead Island now and probably won't revisit Diablo either, saw the 1.0.3 planned update but don't think anything can fix the empty feeling it gives me. So yea, bummer lol

Edited by Angelus, 15 June 2012 - 10:43 AM.

Angelus ingame.

#86 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

Made DH as well, and almost finished normal, but felt like a chore. Been playing some torchlight 1 and Dead Island now and probably won't revisit Diablo either, saw the 1.0.3 planned update but don't think anything can fix the empty feeling it gives me. So yea, bummer lol

Yeah for the people that didn't like D3 as it is now I don't think they'll get any enjoyment from it until patch 1.1 hits. I'm still having a blast with the game personally, just haven't had much time to play it recently.

Also pisses me off that I didn't make a DH/Wiz to begin with. Just so I could have farmed Inferno for the really good items in Act 3/4 to sell when the RMAH hit. It makes me seriously sick to my stomach seeing my friends coming out of this with hundreds to thousands of dollars made from selling d3 items.

#87 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:11 AM

I got my Monk to level 60 today, and then got into Inferno after solo'ing through most of Hell. I don't really like wandering the game on my own, but finding people to play with has not been easy for me.
I may mess around with a Wizard soon, unless I find groups to do Inferno with.

If you want to add me, look for - Gaddy#286 as Battle.net account or WikiGad as Diablo III account.

And yea - it's kind of silly that finding items or developing crafting/gem creation just does not make any sense due to the cost vs. cheap AH costs. Glad they are adjusting the costs in this patch---massive change to gems at least.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#88 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:50 AM

I got my Monk to level 60 today, and then got into Inferno after solo'ing through most of Hell. I don't really like wandering the game on my own, but finding people to play with has not been easy for me.
I may mess around with a Wizard soon, unless I find groups to do Inferno with.

If you want to add me, look for - Gaddy#286 as Battle.net account or WikiGad as Diablo III account.

And yea - it's kind of silly that finding items or developing crafting/gem creation just does not make any sense due to the cost vs. cheap AH costs. Glad they are adjusting the costs in this patch---massive change to gems at least.

I can imagine why it would be hard for you to find friends.
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#89 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

So I think everyone(including myself) has quit D3.. I had to go out of town for two weeks unexpectedly and when I got back everyone on my friends list just quit coming online.

Shame too because this is fking Diablo 3. It should have been an amazing game well worth the wait. Instead it was just a let down all around. Only good thing I can say about it now was I made some nice money from the Real Money Auction House.

Oh well, Guild Wars 2 anyone? May have to check that out now.

#90 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 09:39 AM

Not really playing mmorpgs anymore, they suck up to much time. I did purchase torchlight 2, like it a whole lot better then diablo, but not much of a hardcore gamer anymore.

I dont' even see that much of a difference between both games tbh, but Torchlight showers me with upgrades constantly which is pretty much what I wanted in a game such as this.
Angelus ingame.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users