Photo

Public Declaration Regading Past Cheating Accusations.

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#61 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:30 PM

I do recall Bane getting a crap ton of xp in a day, enough to red it.
Prophet 1a #1 pande pwning clan!

#62 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 06:44 PM

http://www.nightmist...showtopic=35662

open jokes with people how might have had knowledge of this. I didnt know for a fact but i certainly knew that many broomsticks didnt come from the 08(?) quest.

either way, a lot of the playerbase suspected this. without giving examples, its pretty obvious to the majority.

Edited by Apocalypto, 14 March 2012 - 06:45 PM.

Apocalypto

#63 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:11 PM

Doesnt really matter. Nobody in the account really played anymore.
Apocalypto

#64 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

Scumbag jase!

Making me look bad. For real though, I mess up a lousy program that kept me from macro spamming and lose 70m exp and my whole crit gets deleted. Jase does countless things including taking my stuff from my permbanned account and I wonder what will happen :lol:.

:lol:
Freek ingame.

#65 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 02:23 AM

They will probably slap your wrist. :lol:
Apocalypto

#66 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:54 AM

Anyone else find it funny that the forums are more active than the game itself?
Angry_Anarch/Matityahu in game.

#67 Gangster

Gangster
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:03 AM

Anyone else find it funny that the forums are more active than the game itself?

Suggesting to remove forums and make people communicate with eachother in-game for all dealings? I like it :lol:
»*¤ ßêg Før Mêrçý ¤*«

#68 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

Suggesting to remove forums and make people communicate with eachother in-game for all dealings? I like it :lol:

That would be good for me but bad for the game. I wouldn't feel the need to peek in once and a while and see whats up with the game via forums.. but at the same time new players don't have as much readily available material to read through.. and I'm sure none of the old schoolers that pop in to say hi once and a while will be downloading the game just to do that. Sounds like it would just make NM more shut off from the world and stagnant than it is now.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#69 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:52 PM

I'd just like to point out that Alan and myself, and a few other people got passed up to be staff, because they wanted to hire Jase. Good call, lol.
Sublime - 1a.

#70 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:55 PM

I'd just like to point out that Alan and myself, and a few other people got passed up to be staff, because they wanted to hire Jase. Good call, lol.

Nightmist is all about whos buddy buddy with the man. Or who pays the man the most money.
Freek ingame.

#71 Prototype

Prototype
  • Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:19 AM

Actually by reasoning that because Jase was bad and therefor automatically assuming everyone else was a better call is very flawed and if you don't understand that then you're already not fit (for reference, I know you do understand, you just didn't choose words that accompany that understanding).

Also I was one that supported Jase (and initiated, since as a mortal he wrote descriptions for me) so he would write my areas, but the lack of a hierarchy made it so the second he got staff he was on the same level as me and didn't have to listen and just did his own things. Seeing as it took me an hour (not kidding) to write 1 description of a room got me to realize it wasn't worth wasting my time for.

^ preview of my book, "My rise and fall in the world of Nightmist" (working title).
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

#72 PrimeX85

PrimeX85
  • Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

lolol...

#73 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

Daang cheating in Nightmist big surprise! There's been cheating in this game with staff abusing their powers as far back as pre-reset. Shit myself and Scream/Rich benefited personally by Laca's help in cheating. I got so much shit pre and post-reset from Laca it's not even funny. I'd be willing to say as much as 50% of staff throughout the years have abused their powers.

My boy Sam(Forgot his staff crit) was known for cheating. Zenith cheated. Aidon cheated, and not just when he went 'crazy'. I could go on and on with who all cheated that I 100% know of. This was back when the game was huge too, and it went on right under JLH/Pandilex's noses. Whether they actually knew it or not I can't say. I doubt it.

Someone already said it I think, but yeah you should never have been allowed to keep your mortal characters while being staff. It just shouldn't have happened back then and shouldn't now. There also should be someone who keeps an eye out and actually pays attention.

Edited by Exor, 16 March 2012 - 12:21 PM.

-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#74 PrimeX85

PrimeX85
  • Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 08:08 PM

lol that didnt take long, how long was it up... 10min max? HILARIOUS

#75 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5240 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:09 PM

I enjoy being vindicated. Shame it comes at such high costs to the game. Completely ridiculous that he was ever given any staff capabilities.
I argued for years against Jase and a few other players being made staff. This is exactly why.

It takes someone with a lot of integrity to staff on Nightmist since there are so many easy ways to cheat that seem pretty un-tracked. Even if they are tracked, I doubt much is done.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#76 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5240 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

http://www.nightmist...showtopic=35662

open jokes with people how might have had knowledge of this. I didnt know for a fact but i certainly knew that many broomsticks didnt come from the 08(?) quest.

either way, a lot of the playerbase suspected this. without giving examples, its pretty obvious to the majority.

Wow.
Shows how little is done to keep things in check.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.

#77 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:52 PM

There is a Broomstick out there that wasnt a drop.
This Broostick actually got sold to Jase from another Staff member.

Lets see if that Staff member can come forward. If not i guess i will reveal :0
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#78 Abstract

Abstract
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:44 PM

Considering this is a post about how ive cheated, can we clarify when posting whats me and whats not me :lol:

Ive already been blamed for other staff's cheating, and admitted my own.

#79 Silk

Silk
  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 01:58 AM

I enjoy being vindicated. Shame it comes at such high costs to the game. Completely ridiculous that he was ever given any staff capabilities.
I argued for years against Jase and a few other players being made staff. This is exactly why.

It takes someone with a lot of integrity to staff on Nightmist since there are so many easy ways to cheat that seem pretty un-tracked. Even if they are tracked, I doubt much is done.

well lets make sure that if there is ever an elected staff again, that maybe they should be computer illiterate and only told what other staff want em to know. Maybe nightmist just needs idea/mosh/cookie staff

#80 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:42 AM

Honestly, if there were more checks and balances, we would not be in this predicament. For instance, i truly believe that Stig is doing good things for this game. He has done more in the past few months than some staff ever had. Although i believe Stig to be fairly honest and a great staffer, without checks and balances the possibility exists for corruption. I believe that we need another staffer (IMO PureMourning Rob), and maybe a way for regular players to "see" what staff sees. Whenever a group or person is secretive, it starts the imagination moving. Whether or not occurrences of cheating happen or not, when there is no way to prove or disprove something, it will be a powerful rumor.

#81 Catalyst

Catalyst
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 02:59 AM

They both admitted to cheating which we all knew. Rules are in place and should be enforced the same for anyone. Perm Ban just for admitting.

#82 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5240 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:06 AM

Yea, but at the demands of playerbase and weak-bellied staff, perm bans have really become short breaks from Nightmist----or covert playing with assistance from others.
Nothing is enforced because everything is difficult to actually track.

I have no idea when staff started working perm/account bans by splitting up or messing around with accounts, but you are not suppose to give out your password, even to staff. Staff are not suppose to have access to account passwords. So it seems really odd.
Just perm ban the account and leave it alone. But no...new folks want those unlocked, redistributed, etc.

#83 PrimeX85

PrimeX85
  • Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:24 AM

never seem or heard bout any perm banned accts being distributed, wouldnt doubt it tho... i still think some stuff went on behind closed doors with my old main acct tho

#84 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:17 PM

Any updates? As I do not want to see what happened with my banned account happen again (Supposedly Jase ganking items from it)

#85 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:45 PM

Hey cody. Maybe we should suspend him a year like sean payton?
Apocalypto

#86 brewcrew

brewcrew
  • Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 07:52 PM

/wrist

#87 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

I laughed out loud

#88 Gnarkill

Gnarkill

Antisocial

• Members
  • 1834 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 05:45 AM

WHO DAT? :lol:

Edited by Gnarkill, 22 March 2012 - 05:45 AM.

Gnarkill- Multi and 1a

#89 Abstract

Abstract
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

Im unbanned and i have all my stuff back btw. (Just keeping you updated)

- Jase

ZING for anyone who reads top to bottom.

I dunno, my stuffs all banned and password changed.

Guess its all going to get deleted.

Hurray.

- Jase

#90 IXThunderDomeXI

IXThunderDomeXI
  • Members
  • 586 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

Yay less lag!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users