Well Here's A Top Example...

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#61 Sarven

Sarven
  • Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:34 PM

Well if you need than many crits to defeat some bosses, isn't that the purpose of clans and friends.
Ride Into The Shadows

#62 EvilDognapot

EvilDognapot
  • Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:12 PM

i'd rather do without clans and friends, but i'm probably a minority. it's just that sometimes it's more fun to be an enemy.
Evil report carries further than any applause

#63 Tom

Tom
  • Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:15 PM

Instead, we get to see a player known for helping with stealing one of the better accounts

cheers ^_^
Feck Off

#64 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:37 PM

Just another example of how clueless Pandilex really is. He reminds me of bush.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#65 Sean

Sean
  • Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:01 PM

personally I think that perhaps 2 alts would be better then a 1 alt limit but certainly the monsters would have to be lowered a touch or items shouldent cost as much

it just seems better to have say a cleric or whatever and a ranger

for example a monster such as the captain that takes about 14 rangers and 1 cleric to beat would be nearly impossible if a 1 alt limit were put in

That's what friends are for. ^_^
Stadic Ingame...

#66 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:17 PM

personally I think that perhaps 2 alts would be better then a 1 alt limit but certainly the monsters would have to be lowered a touch or items shouldent cost as much

for example a monster such as the captain that takes about 14 rangers and 1 cleric to beat would be nearly impossible if a 1 alt limit were put in

That's what friends are for. :P

hate to break it to you really but almost no one is going to want a cleric for their main really

and a cleric wouldent make much gold either so ^_^ I dont picture many people wanting to be the guy sitting out
Page/Memo Beatrix

#67 PrimeX

PrimeX
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:19 PM

hate to break it to you really but almost no one is going to want a cleric for their main really

and a cleric wouldent make much gold either so ^_^ I dont picture many people wanting to be the guy sitting out

dno what u talkin bout but clerics always been my main
ur mom sux

#68 Rappy_Ninja

Rappy_Ninja
  • Members
  • 2923 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:02 PM

in a 1 alt game your going to want to make gold by doing 15 damage at a time ? lol
Page/Memo Beatrix

#69 »¤KÑØÇKØÚT¤«

»¤KÑØÇKØÚT¤«
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:07 PM

All Quest Items Should be Deleted.

#70 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:29 PM

That's a bit unfair, isn't it? Pandilex has made some pretty good points on the previous page regarding the gold problem and such. Whether or not the Dancing Boots were made deliberately to test how players would react, or it just being a side-effect to generosity, I am not sure; either way it has confirmed a lot about what he thinks of what Nightmist, its playerbase and its economy is nowadays.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#71 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:15 AM

I don't want to sound like i'm flaming Pandilex - because he has done a lot of great things for the game, and its as much his game as it is JLH's. But Pandilex has a problem well.. with the size of his head. In my opinion he feels he can do whatever he wants whenever he wants.. and you know what.. he can. But he doesnt take into consideration how players will feel about something, but i really don't think he cares. Every single player could quit nightmist because of something he does and imo he would care less, would save him time and agrovation.
"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce

#72 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:48 AM

Quit then.
If you build it, they will come.

#73 Bunny

Bunny
  • Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:19 AM

Quit then.

<3 Simply said. Awesome.

#74 Tadpole

Tadpole
  • Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:54 AM

haha
Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.

KuMiko in game.

#75 Noob

Noob
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:28 AM

Owned, and Rappy, you're making a mistake by comparing nm2 to nm 1 really, if it's going to be a 1 alt game a class would most definately need to be more solo capable than they are in nm1, whether you are required to party or not I doubt they'd leave a cleric so defenseless that no one would want to use one.

#76 Ryuku

Ryuku

Ryuku Ingame, Best 3v3er ever

• Members
  • 2003 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:45 AM

I was reading this and it reminded me of the real world in a way, ecomeny grows, population grows and more space is needed, but sadly, there is no death in Nightmist, and the realm is growing ever so slowly, maybe not at all anymore, so what will happen? Well, in the real world, in such things went on, we'd eventually become extinct, and, to compare that to Nightmist, no one will play. I don't know, just something I thought of, it's 5am and I'm tired, don't flame. ^_^

#77 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 12:36 PM

Quit then.

Already ban from the game.. Supprising you don't remember those you perminanly ban.
"Faith; noun. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel." --- Ambrose Bierce

#78 Satterlee

Satterlee
  • Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 03:05 PM

This will be one-alt, Mr. "I-sit-on-a-cleric-until-someone-vulnerable-comes-along-then-I-load-big-alts-and-kill-them-then-logs-off-big-crits-and-claims-he-uses-cleric-as-main."
I've seen more meds in my left nostril than you've seen in your life.

Poker in-game.

#79 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 06:43 PM

That's a bit unfair, isn't it? Pandilex has made some pretty good points on the previous page regarding the gold problem and such. Whether or not the Dancing Boots were made deliberately to test how players would react, or it just being a side-effect to generosity, I am not sure; either way it has confirmed a lot about what he thinks of what Nightmist, its playerbase and its economy is nowadays.

lol you can call it harsh but I just don't agree. Sure Pandilex sounds he like knows what he is talking about, he is a smart guy no denying it, but when it comes down to it he simply does the thinking after he's acted and tries to justify himself by throwing a well constructed post at the masses (who let's face it will pretty much buy anything he says, including you).

As for it being impossible to add variation to the game - Rubbish simon.

In my time on staff I was able to get JLH to add lots of things to the game that could bring variation, which I must say have been completely under utilized. Has no one ever considering using moving monsters/bosses apart from me? anyone else tried to get npc's to talk to each other? - Now i'm sure that you hold more sway when talking to JLH about adding changes/upgrading things and this is your only excuse for not getting things done.

Sure JLH may be busy, but when has he never been busy? If you tested your ideas properly before releasing them then maybe JLH would have time to work on other things, yet you waste his time with a half hearted rushed class like the pacifist.

I'm not holding anything back because I feel it needs to be said, however don't get the impression that Pandilex is a complete wack job, as sometimes his decisions may be too brilliant/complex/crazy/stupid for even me to understand.

Edited by Stigmata, 28 June 2005 - 06:44 PM.

Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#80 PrimeX

PrimeX
  • Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:03 PM

This will be one-alt, Mr. "I-sit-on-a-cleric-until-someone-vulnerable-comes-along-then-I-load-big-alts-and-kill-them-then-logs-off-big-crits-and-claims-he-uses-cleric-as-main."

aww someone deleted my posts, stop cryin already
ur mom sux

#81 Raylen

Raylen

Your #1 fan!

• Members
  • 2329 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:45 PM

Has no one ever considering using moving monsters/bosses apart from me?

There's that Spirit of Ariat fellow that wanders around the swamps, as well as the Mosquitos, pretty sure Cyric did that area ^_^

Also, Delbia up in Sarka, does that count? Made by...Medora?

kthx :P
+1 post count ggpwnedkthxbai

it's plausible that the SOB hasn't spawned

¯¨:·»Gently spamming the forum since 2003«·:¨¯

#82 menardi

menardi
  • Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 11:17 PM

ste for staff!
Electron/Excuse in game~~ÐÎVΧÎØÑ

David
ØWÑÅG£

#83 fo_hizzel

fo_hizzel
  • Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 01:58 AM

ste for staff? if were gonna vote for him why not just bring Jen back while were at it

#84 Matt

Matt
  • Members
  • 146 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 03:54 AM

The swamp was originally a small area that Pengant and Wodan created - it was later that Cyric significantly expanded it - I'm not too sure who put in that spirit, doesnt really matter - all three of those developers are gone now unfortunatly.. They were all very talented.

#85 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 04:23 AM

My cleric is my main ^_^ heh.. even if the game (NM2) is one alt, all classes will be needed.

What we all have to realize, is that even if people make mistakes, or do things we don't agree with, everyone is human. The game belongs to JLH and Pandilex. I don't know about everyone else, but with the varied opinions and wants of everyone in game, I surely wouldn't want the job of keeping everyone happy at all times. Give em a break guys... Although there are areas and times that things may seem unfair to some, they do the best they can.

Onto another point, I agree, the swamps are great. Many areas have been developed in game by ex-staff that did an awesome job, at times though, people must move on. Doesn't mean the game is ruined, and doesn't mean that there won't be great areas made by other developers in the future.

Wouldn't it be great though, if all of us players could be part of a solution in the game as far as making it more fun for all? instead of part of the problem that makes people want to leave?

Good day,
Amy

Edited by Amy, 29 June 2005 - 04:29 AM.

~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#86 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5242 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 05:36 AM

Amy, you are by far the most respectable, kindest, and even-headed player in Nightmist. I wish we all had your wisdom and patience.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#87 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:33 AM

In my time on staff I was able to get JLH to add lots of things to the game that could bring variation, which I must say have been completely under utilized. Has no one ever considering using moving monsters/bosses apart from me? anyone else tried to get npc's to talk to each other?

Are you actually aware of the problem here? You tell me how a few moving monsters and talking NPCs keeps 1,000+ players entertained every day and improves the game? Would you be impressed if Nightmist 2 was virtually identical to Nightmist 1, with just a few walking and talking monsters?

Fascinating.

And there was me thinking of putting hundreds of complex ideas in such as tens of thousands of new items, completely revise the class structure to make every player unique, and add various skill charts, to name only a couple of the ideas planned.

I think I'll scrap those though and just make the monsters walk around and randomly repeat the same things over and over.
If you build it, they will come.

#88 Ashton

Ashton
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 06:45 AM

In my time on staff I was able to get JLH to add lots of things to the game that could bring variation, which I must say have been completely under utilized. Has no one ever considering using moving monsters/bosses apart from me? anyone else tried to get npc's to talk to each other?

Are you actually aware of the problem here? You tell me how a few moving monsters and talking NPCs keeps 1,000+ players entertained every day and improves the game? Would you be impressed if Nightmist 2 was virtually identical to Nightmist 1, with just a few walking and talking monsters?

Fascinating.

And there was me thinking of putting hundreds of complex ideas in such as tens of thousands of new items, completely revise the class structure to make every player unique, and add various skill charts, to name only a couple of the ideas planned.

I think I'll scrap those though and just make the monsters walk around and randomly repeat the same things over and over.

lolol. Pandilex is owning this thread, But talk is cheap I have to say, I know it's not an overnight project but I am interested to see what will happen with Nightmist 2

If everyone would just stfu and stop antagonizing the situation I'm sure good things could happen. Like Amy said the players themselves are part of the problem, they whine and cry about this and that, but supply no true alternative and instead just harass and prolongue the situation.

Someone should make a Failed Ideas thread.

Ashton - Explosion - Chaosbringer

#89 Gèñúíñê Õút£ãw

Gèñúíñê Õút£ãw
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:19 AM

You Preach It Brother ^_^
To all the people ive offended, Yeah f*** you to. To all the friends I used to have, Yo! I miss my past, But the rest of you assholes can kiss my a**

#90 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5242 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 07:44 AM

I don't see why Pandilex isn't coding NM2...
That's something I was wondering. If they're your ideas, and they do seem quite well off as ideas, why don't you code them into a game?
Pointing the finger at JLH isn't exactly fair, how much can one man do alone with a schedual of his own?

And, NM2 won't be entertaining to everyone either. No game is entertaining to everyone, most aren't even entertaining to their entire playerbase. WoW and D2 aren't entertaining to everyone who sits on it, but it's something to do. The same applies to NM, but there are fewer staff members and more we're all more closely linked.

NM (and NM2 for that matter) shouldn't be focused on entertaining everyone. It ought to try entertaining the people who play though. Adding new areas more than once a year or two would make the game WAY more entertaining. I know it takes time and things must be checked, but it still seems that additions basically never come along.
Temporary solution? Obviously, but temporary works out well when they're added for a while, and then players will remember the old areas they haven't done anything with in a while---I recently re-discovered Chronos and another area becaue Dungeons started being a bit less worth wild as far as just heading somewhere to train and kill something big
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users