• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#61 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 12:59 AM

Wasn't gunna reply but will...

First it's nice to see you grew up since I last posted against you. This time you didn't babble like a little girl who lost her dolly. And yes I say things on purpose like that as a test.(I'm old I'm allowed to)

I know you've tried getting it back again and were turned down, but it's the persistance of the issue. I have no problem with you rejoining, but put yourself into other peoples shoes and just think about how it looks. If your constant pestering gets you what you wanted, where or when does it stop? I mean you of all people are showing new players that you CAN get what you want if your scratching the right backs. Is this what we want to teach everyone?

Now your biggest mistake was starting this topic yourself. Your asking people who will kiss up (reasoning = just in case) to the topic starter. It could have been more descret, but you won't know the true thoughts/intentions of everyone who replies.

Anyway,
It seems you've grown up more in the past few months so Good Luck

#62 Terence

Terence
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:01 AM

I don't know you at all Stig, but you seem to put a lot of time into Nightmist and would be a great addition to the staff team. I don't care if you are gonna become staff or not because it doesn't make a difference to me. Every player is helping and trying to make the game better, not just staffs. I guess that is why theres a forum...I just feel kinda wierd at first when I saw this topic and your first post. Its like this is an election and you are one of the candidates LOL. I think it would be good if JLH and Pandilex could put some opinions into this.
Hi-2 letters
Beg JLH to unban your crits-5k letters
There are many things that doesn't have shortcuts
For everything else, there are macros

#63 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:03 AM

First it's nice to see you grew up since I last posted against you. This time you didn't babble like a little girl who lost her dolly. And yes I say things on purpose like that as a test.(I'm old I'm allowed to)

I know you've tried getting it back again and were turned down, but it's the persistance of the issue. I have no problem with you rejoining, but put yourself into other peoples shoes and just think about how it looks. If your constant pestering gets you what you wanted, where or when does it stop? I mean you of all people are showing new players that you CAN get what you want if your scratching the right backs. Is this what we want to teach everyone?

Now your biggest mistake was starting this topic yourself. Your asking people who will kiss up (reasoning = just in case) to the topic starter. It could have been more descret, but you won't know the true thoughts/intentions of everyone who replies.

Anyway,

/t Pure
:P

#64 Terence

Terence
  • Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:11 AM

Anyway,

/t Pure
:P

Agree with part of this post...Just didn't know how to say it, but I respect Stigmata's effort in trying to make the game better.
Hi-2 letters
Beg JLH to unban your crits-5k letters
There are many things that doesn't have shortcuts
For everything else, there are macros

#65 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 01:26 AM

Alot of players got to me in game about starting a topic on the forum and I actually considered against it after some consideration, namely I didn't want to look as if I was pestering to get back on the team etc, and for some of the reasons you just mentioned.

I've said it before in this thread already(did you miss it?), but I spoke to Pandilex before all this and he was the one that changed my mind about posting on the forum, namely because he suggested it to me again.

And also, i'm not scratching any backs, so this isn't sending out any messages- everyone that posted her will guarantee that, i've simply continued as I would normally and they have come to me with their support (I obviously mentioned that I was interested in joining the staff team to a few, and asked if they'd support me), which I greatly appreciate.

Edited by Stigmata, 06 October 2004 - 01:32 AM.

Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#66 Tiomat

Tiomat
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 12:50 PM

Ste is a quality guy, good mate and was a kick ass staffy. I was dissapointed to see him and Al quit staff, but if Ste is willing to give it a go and take the hassle again then i support him completely, the game could always do with more areas/ideas and ste always seems to come up with something :P

Supported 100% mate, GO STE!!!!

#67 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 03:21 PM

Alot of players got to me in game about starting a topic on the forum and I actually considered against it after some consideration, namely I didn't want to look as if I was pestering to get back on the team etc, and for some of the reasons you just mentioned.

I've said it before in this thread already(did you miss it?), but I spoke to Pandilex before all this and he was the one that changed my mind about posting on the forum, namely because he suggested it to me again.

And also, i'm not scratching any backs, so this isn't sending out any messages- everyone that posted her will guarantee that, i've simply continued as I would normally and they have come to me with their support (I obviously mentioned that I was interested in joining the staff team to a few, and asked if they'd support me), which I greatly appreciate.

So you've not been persistant on the subject? This does send out a message. Think about what you've said. You tried getting back but were denied. You've spoke to pandi, etc... and now your asking publicly

Maybe I need to explain it in a more simpler matter, so here goes...

Your continuously asking for staff position back shows your pestering & nagging to get what you want. This will show, and i'll go lightly, that if I wanted a forum mod position, all I would have to do is persistantly bug the right people for it, and eventually I would get it. (it's basic psycology)

I can understand you don't see this and that's fine, and I didn't say it would be your problem. Thats up to current staff to decide if they are willing to take that on if you return to staff. (Possibly one of the reasons you've been denied?) I'm meerely pointing out the fact that most replies are from players who've been here a while they should know better, not to mention are friends and clannies of yours, but the game gets more new people on a semi-regular basis. They don't know you hence this is how they will see at things. No-one said you couldn't do the work so that's not an issue

#68 Tiomat

Tiomat
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 03:29 PM

That's pretty harsh, he wasn't denied his staff position back. He asked JLH, he said ask Simon, so he did and he didnt have a problem. Now he is asking the player base to see if they have a problem with it, and the majority don't from the looks of it.

If you have a problem with one of the most respected players who knows the game inside and out, has already been staff so knows the requirements, has made map areas so knows whats required there, and consistently comes up with ways to improve the game then yeah make ya point sure, but dont flame ste for asking the player base's approval??? (which by the looks of it he has)

GO STE!!!

#69 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 03:43 PM

I think you need to read more, Ste said he asked and was denied before. As for the majority... There are more players then what have posted, so technically it's still a small percentage. Also I have no problem with him, I never said he couldn't do the job.
Now he calls me a moron for stating an opinion, thats fine he just shows he didn't grow up after all. Great way to present yourself (especially wanting to be staff). Not like you see other staffers acting that way.

But seeing as how most of yas are jumping on the bandwagon here, whatever. I know it'll happen so I wont say one more word on this post.

#70 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:06 PM

Never had a problem with you 'expressing' your opinion at all. It's the manner in which you conducted yourself in the original post which gave me a problem. You basically accused the players who posted here based on your guess work, you have no proof at all that they are trying to 'suck up' to me - but i've said that before and you've simply chosen to ignore it (again) and posted (again) regardless.

and as for your basic 'psycology' - sure that'd be correct if the playerbase were a set group of 5 year olds, who could not think for themselves and only act upon what they see others do. I know and everyone else knows that isn't true - people get why I am trying to get back on the staff - i'm not whining, i'm not being persistant to the extent of what you are claiming and i'm not nagging anyone. I've simply stated my case and watched the results.

It seems to me your only after an argument (hence how you couldn't resist replying after stating you wouldn't). I'd be more than happy to continue this discussion with you via different means, as this is getting out of hand.
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#71 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:07 PM

STE FOR STAFF!!!

but i don't wanna be staff :P ^_^ :D

#72 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:12 PM

wrong spot...

Edited by Dan, 06 October 2004 - 04:13 PM.

#73 Sexy Nikki

Sexy Nikki
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:17 PM

Ummm, is this the same 'Ste" I know??

#74 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:27 PM

Maybe? lol

I'm pretty sure you'd know me by the name i'm posting under though :P
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#75 Sexy Nikki

Sexy Nikki
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:37 PM

ummm. okay, still tells me nothing... Are you the Ste, from Europe on my msn that i've known the last 2 years?

#76 Stigmata

Stigmata
  • Members
  • 671 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:40 PM

no......sorry for not being more 'specific' ...........
Ste - Pengant - Stigmata

#77 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 05:06 PM

ffs give the guy the job or not and get this voer with!
Even in death my hate will go on

#78 Drac

Drac
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:14 PM

Make me staff too, while you're at it.

I promise to..

--give everyone rare and exclusive items made by me personally that would overpower you in such a way, that you could kill anything with swift glide of your pinky.

--store insane amounts of gold on lvl 3 alts and let them run around grassy meadow for everyone to kill.

--host extremely difficult events where I promise to give you anything you want, but as it will turn out, everyone wastes their time and dies repeatedly.

--to create an ability or spell that kills the entire population of nightmist simultaneously.. and then give said ability to everyone.

--resign after numerous complaints

any objections? :P
BeEp!

#79 jurian

jurian

YAY! Less Lag!

• Members
  • 1505 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:19 PM

we have pandilex for that
Even in death my hate will go on

#80 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 06:58 PM

ummm. okay, still tells me nothing... Are you the Ste, from Europe on my msn that i've known the last 2 years?

no thats me...or...is it?

Edited by Zelimos, 06 October 2004 - 06:59 PM.

#81 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:32 PM

Ste the one she means is Crane, Nikki he is on a break for Uni.

Ste as Zel dude that was wrong and you know it..lmao..

Ste as in Stigmata, from what i have seen of dan he is a loud mouth who thinks that anyone who doesn't agree with him is kissing the ass of the staff or someone. Ignore him. I agree that I Stigmata would be a good readition to staff, his ideas work and are USALLY good one. not always but that is what a makes a good Rper/Storyteller the ability to have good and bad idea's and to distiguish the two when they see one is not working. From what I have seen he has answered every reason not to be allowed back well, better than bush ever could so he gets my vote.
Grave digger when you dig my grave, make it shallow so I can feel the rain.

#82 Malavon

Malavon
  • Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 08:30 PM

I'm just curious here... what would stop you from, in a few months time, leaving for the same reasons as before*? I doubt much has changed since you were last staff, and if it was bad enough that you decided leaving was the best option, then how do you know that you won't be forced to leave again?

*Note: I don't actually know what your reasons were, so... bleh :P

Edit: Sorry if this has already been covered somewhere... I didn't bother reading many of the replies.

Edited by Malavon, 06 October 2004 - 08:33 PM.

#83 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 08:59 PM

Sorry, but Crane isn't a 'Ste' ^^
I think she might mean Zelimos too :P

Oh... and I'm not kissing up to future staff my voicing my support-I don't know if he'll be future staff and in all honesty even if I were it wouldn't get me anywhere.
There's nowhere I need it to get me ^_^
I want to support Stigmata in this because he has good ideas, and some experience in the area... he, at least, knows what he is asking for by wanting to be staff and knows what will be expected of him.

Besides, if I hadn't already voiced my support the "you cannot automate creativity" comment would have won me over ^^

Edited by Charon, 06 October 2004 - 09:04 PM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#84 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:00 PM

Mala he left before because people were acussing him of cheating, mainly jen who appoligised because she understands the connections that were weird before. No one is accising them of cheating like that anymore because we all understand the game enough not to. So it wouldn't be a problem.Asnwered it because it had been covered already.

Edit he is also two years older and bit more more an adult, used that way only because im to tired to try and spell the other word for it and my dislexia is already kicking me in the groin.

Edited by Lich, 06 October 2004 - 09:02 PM.

#85 Gaddy

Gaddy
  • Advisors
  • 5239 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:10 PM

Ste's areas are the ones I like most out of all of them in game aside from maybe Harabec. I would hope that he'd be allowed to rejoin staff and work on new areas.

As I spoke to you about a couple of months ago when you talked to me about your areas and said you'd been intereseted in rejoining staff---I memo'd Pandilex or JLH, i forget which, asking that you be re-intitled.
Wisdom is the principle thing. Therefore, get wisdom, and in all your getting, get understanding.
-Proverbs 4:7

#86 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:15 PM

Sorry, but Crane isn't a 'Ste' ^^
I think she might mean Zelimos too :P

Europa is cranes paci hun. I know i spent 5 hours working with him to fix the paci area. Unless i misuderstood what she said which is possible im tired and need sleep.

Edited by Lich, 06 October 2004 - 09:16 PM.

#87 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:17 PM

Charon knows that already - we're friends in real life!
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#88 Lich

Lich
  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:21 PM

I know points to the tired need sleep...lol

#89 Harky

Harky
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 09:48 PM

I'm still not convinced that a staff character is needed to design and add area's. I know that testing/tweaking is needed when the area is built, there were hundreds of grid commands available even when I last built something, there's probably thousands now - but I covered that in my last post anyway. Like I said earlier in the thread, it could be done with an offline building tool, using the exact same system you'd build an area on in the current game - not much work would be needed on JLH's part, it could be practically the same as the current client, only with a few changes made to make it a builder's edition. (removal of current map/default map being 'bare', option to save output so that builders can send their final area design to JLH for approval, etc.)

The reason I'm against it is simple. I can see a multitude of reasons for not hiring/rehiring any staff members (many of these I or other people have already pointed out in this thread), but I can't see a single viable reason for it other than for yet another builder, and if area's are needed so badly then you don't need to look any further than the above suggestion. That being said, a lot of people seem to support you, and this is only my opinion. If you do get it, then good luck, but I still get the feeling that in a few months time you'll be in the midst of a player concocted drama hell, and I'll be biting my tongue to stop myself from saying 'told you so'. :P

#90 Spill

Spill
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 10:21 PM

Everyone makes mistakes i say give the guy a second chance. Now i have seen sum fairly decent arguments on here but Lich if dan has his opinion let him have it. By posting what you posted you just put yourself in teh same spot. The nm community is smart enough to make there own decions and make there own comments even if they don't show it all the time. :P
(~¤~Ю. Gìgg£è§ åKå *Çôdy~¤~)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users