New Paci Area

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#61 TheNobleOne

TheNobleOne
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 12:31 PM

I think some of the monsters are over powered there should be no need for teamwork if this was build as solo class area. It just does not make sence if you have to use teamwork in it.

#62 Origenes

Origenes
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 12:38 PM

I think some of the monsters are over powered there should be no need for teamwork if this was build as solo class area. It just does not make sence if you have to use teamwork in it.

I agree.
Prophecy of Prosper Clan Chairman

If you want peace, work for justice.
Live long and prosper.

#63 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 02:09 PM

Half the idea as I see it is to encourage people to work together rather than rely on alts. I think teamwork, (as far as you can up to the last section), is a good thing in the area.

#64 TheNobleOne

TheNobleOne
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 02:17 PM

well some changes need to be made especally with mana consumption on the first lvl by the time you kill a monster you use about 1/2 your mana if it is at full and then you only get 250 gold for the effort lol :S 10 - 13 hits for 106 just kills the mummified slave :S

#65 Origenes

Origenes
  • Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 03:15 PM

I don't figure this...

1) it's a pacifist ONLY area
2) the pacifists can't go there (need that Token thing which is impossible to get with paci)
3) you need a party to survive from 1st floor monsters

Area is very interesting anyway! :)

Edited by Origenes, 28 June 2004 - 05:36 PM.

Prophecy of Prosper Clan Chairman

If you want peace, work for justice.
Live long and prosper.

#66 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:47 PM

It is possible to survive the first floor alone.
The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#67 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:49 PM

Half the idea as I see it is to encourage people to work together rather than rely on alts. I think teamwork, (as far as you can up to the last section), is a good thing in the area.

But Oracle isnt the pacifist class supposed to be a solo class? First its made to help ppl out in someways (RPing is one of those ways, not too sure about the others). First ppl complain that they are a solo class and now they have to team up to get a job done. Solo or not the area is not a piece of cake for anyone. I dont think that the monsters need to be toned down, or the gold raised. I think that there shouldnt be so many monsters. They are a bit thick in the area and sometimes there are max monsters on each square. I went in there again last night with Peace and happened across an expert paci. He and I moved around the first lvl together and he did not even get anywhere near the slave leader before he ran outta mana/gold and died. I paged him and told him that if he met me at the graveyard I would give him spade back he dropped. He replied that he was too low lvl to go in there and needed to lvl up so he could go back in. That just dont seem right for an expert paci. I say again the monsters are too thick in there and need to be thinned out quite a bit.

"Before my time is done I will look down upon your corpse and smile!"

#68 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 05:52 PM

The gold Crane made will be used (as he suggested) as a donation for a mosh tonight in all fairness.

In regards to the above, the mosh has just been run and Europa donated more than he earn't profit and has apologised again. I doubt anyone has a problem with that anymore after he made such an area and all :)

On a second note, we made all Ibis Statue, Tortured Mummy and Mummified Slaves not follow ever now. This may help a little but keep giving feedback please :)

#69 TheNobleOne

TheNobleOne
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:02 PM

the fact that a token coin must be used is pointless as pacies can't kill the druid. However I think another key should be made and put on a monster somewhere b4 the portal so it drops the key everytime. Either that or put a monster lock just b4 the portal so the monster must die before you continue.

#70 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:18 PM

Can't we have some co-op ffs?
You can use the website, or trade with others etc.
I really don't see the problem.

#71 Harky

Harky
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:23 PM

I wandered around this area earlier. I think the idea of a pacifist specific area is great, but from what I've seen so far it has some flaws. As people have already stated, needing an item to enter an area which pacifists cannot obtain on their own is going against what I believe the original purpose of the class was. Regarding teamwork, that also is going against the same thing. My understanding was that pacifists were supposedly a solo class - not just from other classes, but even with fellow pacifists, which is why every time I(or other people) suggest something like pacifists being able to party with each other it gets shot down. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against encouraging people to form teams, but I think some official stance needs to be taken on the role of the pacifist class, as if they are being encouraged to group together, I'm curious as to why partying with each other is not allowed.

The only other thing that's bothered me so far is the follow rate of the monsters, but if that's been toned down then great.

#72 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:31 PM

the fact that a token coin must be used is pointless as pacies can't kill the druid. However I think another key should be made and put on a monster somewhere b4 the portal so it drops the key everytime. Either that or put a monster lock just b4 the portal so the monster must die before you continue.

Monster locks are ineffective versus Pacifists.

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#73 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:38 PM

Can't we have some co-op ffs?
You can use the website, or trade with others etc.
I really don't see the problem.

You know it's not the problem of getting the token, it's what it takes to get one. For every Pacifist that wants in there an innocent has to be killed, you might as well just make paci's able to pk then.

Can't you simply put the wounded druid 1 square more south and it has to be given some food or water and it gives you the token...
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#74 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:43 PM

Why would a Druid willingly give you a Token Coin of Cyric.

Think of it this way, everytime a Druid dies, the Pacifist does its best to right that wrong by taming <Insert Boss name here>.
Posted Image

#75 Wisdom

Wisdom
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 06:58 PM

I think that the wounded druid should attack just a little or put so more hp on it. I used a lvl 1 druid 18 15 21 10 17 8 with one hit I can kill it.

1. The wounded druid as enough life in him to still put up a fight and should attack a little.

2. Give if enough hp so that a lvl 1 can't round it with one hit.

3. Lower the drop rate, like the centipede's drop rate.
Online characters: Wisdom

#76 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:02 PM

Why would the Druid attack you...while asking for your help?
Posted Image

#77 Wisdom

Wisdom
  • Members
  • 362 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:07 PM

Just a thought, like I said I kill it with one hit from a lvl 1 druid with 18 str, 21 dex and 10 con.
Online characters: Wisdom

#78 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:10 PM

Any comments on the second floor? Anyone managed to find the third floor yet?

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#79 Paranormal

Paranormal
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:40 PM

*points to the changing tables* you guys need to get in line to have your nappies changed... I've never seen so many people complaining about a free game.. stop looking for reasons to whine... stick your binkies back in your mouths and play the game or go grab yourselves a nice warm bottle full of STFU =)
Kevvy=Manda's Suga Daddy

#80 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:43 PM

*points to the changing tables* you guys need to get in line to have your nappies changed... I've never seen so many people complaining about a free game.. stop looking for reasons to whine... stick your binkies back in your mouths and play the game or go grab yourselves a nice warm bottle full of STFU =)

Yeek! Harsh! *gulps*

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

#81 Paranormal

Paranormal
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 07:47 PM

*burps Crane*

/cuddle Crane

feel better now :)
Kevvy=Manda's Suga Daddy

#82 Angelus

Angelus
  • Members
  • 1202 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:13 PM

It's not complaining, its commenting, it's what is done to improve it. :)
Angelus ingame.
Back into the shadows once again...

#83 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:19 PM

Just have to add my comments here.

First off, Well done area creators. Although there does seem to be a few minor things that will am sure be worked out in time, the area is a good one from what I see. Some parts are hard, but everyone loves a challenge. There are ways to travel safely although difficult. People will figure it out as they go. If you look at all the wonderful areas in game.. many had difficulty until they found a way that worked for them. Parts of this area are indeed hard, but have found that if I step back, evaluate the situation and take measures to work through it, you can move further and remain alive.

Secondly, People should have enough honor not to be asking for information on the area from those that created it. Find out for yourselves or through others in game that have traveled through it. I mean no offense to anyone by posting this here, but I have seen and heard of people wishing "just a bit" of information. Not only is this poor playing, but is unfair to those that created it. Just back off and find out for yourselves. Do not try to compromise the integrity of others by asking for information.

Third, All imput both good and bad will help the area be adjusted for the best use of it for the players and the game itself. Give staff time to work through the bugs and modify it as needed. But, rather than griping about a part of it, perhaps comments could be given in a constructive way rather than in rudeness and vulgar outbursts. Each has a right to their own opinions and points of view. Only by sharing these feelings and thoughts in a respectful, calm and mature manner will the problems be best addressed.

Lastly, Kudos to you that have worked on the area. Job well done!

Good day,
Amy of Draco
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#84 Rosso

Rosso
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 08:37 PM

I dunno if anyones said this, i got a little bored reading the same thing over and over again, but i was wondering since the druid is wounded, and a paci can heal, maybe a paci could heal the wounded druid and recieve the token from the druid as a way of saying thankyou or something?

Edited by Rosso, 28 June 2004 - 08:40 PM.

War does not determine who is right - only who is left. ~Bertrand Russell

#85 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:08 PM

Cyric (Greater Power)
Portfolio: Murder, Strife, Lies, Intrigue, Deception, Illusion
Symobl: A White Skull (sans jawbone) on a dark purple or black starburst.

Tell me why a Druid would give you something that represents that as a gift.
Posted Image

#86 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 11:59 PM

Why would a druid drop that off his person in the first place?

"Before my time is done I will look down upon your corpse and smile!"

#87 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:36 AM

If you do a /library on the token, you'll see that it can "only be obtained through extreme acts" of violence or murder or some other kind of bad activity.
Posted Image

#88 Kalypso

Kalypso
  • Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 12:45 AM

Why would a Druid willingly give you a Token Coin of Cyric.

Think of it this way, everytime a Druid dies, the Pacifist does its best to right that wrong by taming <Insert Boss name here>.

Because you killed him, which is an evil act.

He doesn't GIVE it to you.

I believe that's how Cyric intended it to be anyway.
"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed.
"Maybe they're supposed to run wild until they find someone just as wild to run with."

#89 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:14 AM

That was exactly my point. ^^;;

Giving him food or water or healing him wouldn't mean him being grateful and handing you the token.
Posted Image

#90 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 08:47 PM

I've had all the mummy's spawn times set to roughly 10 minutes rather than hourly. They also no longer heal themselves.

The spawn being reduced should help people working in teams to not be sat waiting for an hour 5+ times per character which is just too much.

The healing ability taken away should help people who will do this solo beat them but they are still blumin hard.

No change has been made to the final boss.

This was again decided by Europa and myself. We would still appreciate comments from people who go through the area in whatever way as to make it best for everyone :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users