Rounded Royally

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 Harky

Harky
  • Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 01:47 AM

Exactly, like you just said, it's a lot easier. That was the point of my original post, noone bothers to try to learn how to play one character at a time because it's almost totally accepted within nightmist's community that it's fine to use a legion of alts, which is incredibly lame. People should be ashamed that they have to resort to using multiple characters at any one time, but they take pride in it, it's hilarious.

#62 Xlithan

Xlithan

Discord Moderator

• Members
  • 1050 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 01:52 AM

and as you said... it was once called an rpg.

#63 Myrdon

Myrdon
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 02:18 AM

Hahaha, Harky, its people like you i just love killing and listening to them complain afterwards, everybody uses alts, if your not gonna alts then you'll just missing out on the parts of the game that requires parties to deal with the monsters, and just because its an rpg doesn't mean focusing on 1 crit is the right thing to do, take a look at the Final Fantasy series, Breath of Fire and such, rpg's that you can play multiple characters, and then there's Diablo, and Zelda series for Nintendo Console systems that you only have 1 characters at a time. All good games and all are rpg's, nothing wrong with how many characters you use, whether its 1 or 20, its really up to the person and their computer/internet speed to decide how many to use.

#64 MCM

MCM
  • Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 02:28 AM

comparing this to consol games is like comparing a tricycle to a rowboat...no real connection with the number of characters, yes those consol games you had either had a group or just one, but you HAD to play alone, with this being online your kinda supposed...whats that called...group with other people?
The Smily Pill

#65 Myrdon

Myrdon
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 02:57 AM

Multiple characters on console games are merely controlled differently than on a computer game, if the console games were played online with other people the difference of how many characters used would basically be the same. Almost everybody on nm decides to use alts, the ones who don't want to use alts are obviously at a disadvantage when it comes to pvp especially, its part of the game that alts are available for use for the ones who have them, if you choose to use just 1, stop complaining when others decide to use more, there's still Triplex and most moshes where only a single crit is allowed, if you want it to be fair you'll have to settle for joining the competition's.

#66 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 04:42 AM

If NM was meant to be a 1 alt game then it would be a 1 alt game. And JLH would have made it so. If it was truely meant to be an RPG then role playing would be enforced. And there would be many many more ppl role playing than running around killing others. I would love to see this game set to a 1 alt limit. But it will not happen. Been discussed many times over. So how about getting back on topic of this thread instead of trying to turn it into a "my one is bigger than your one" session.

"Before my time is done I will look down upon your corpse and smile!"

#67 Oracle

Oracle

Wes

• Game Staff
  • 1398 posts

Posted 04 September 2004 - 11:35 AM

This game is only in its first version, (as I see it). Who knows what it could be like in the future. The Admins are in their last year in university and after that I'm guessing we could see a lot more game development, (I don't mean areas btw), from them.

I just enjoy the game the way it runs now. Nothing stays the same forever and we'll only look back when we get bored and think how we enjoyed the way it was, as well as the way it will become.

#68 Thunderja

Thunderja

Desperate Housewives #1

• Members
  • 1782 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:06 AM

I like alts, get to play dress up with more than one bogan and fights are longer and better.

Back to the original post I use alt+esc to do ultra fast crit and monster killing, however, I used to like fighting before it came along you could actually sit back on your cleric and heal the one that is under attack if you were fast enough. Now it's just a spam of fire power.
I wouldn't mind stabbing you in the face, if that's cool with you?

#69 Myrdon

Myrdon
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 September 2004 - 06:48 AM

Spam of fire power, really is, a lot of fights are won by whoever happens to get the first attack, and seeing as i have dial up its hard to get a first attack when most people have high speed of some kind, anybody who has any kind of attack speed usually kills a crit of 2 of mine first thing and i'm left nearly helpless, and most certainly the loser of the battle. I miss the good old DSL days i had.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users