A Taste For Revenge

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#61 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 01:48 AM

((Exor, just highlight it as ya read it, it works wonders))

"I have business as I said before, my business is the of fortune. I am one with a knack for adventure and great things, so I am looking for them yet again, otherwise life would be boring," with this Narin flips are rather large and showy bow.
Chairman of The Warriors of The Mist, The Great and Powerful Wizard

Skippy the Peanut Butter Fiend.

#62 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 20 April 2004 - 02:31 AM

((im on webtv here i cant highlight stuff...lol))
-Mark aka Exor aka Android_20 aka Illidan

#63 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 02:15 AM

((suprised there hasnt been any posts today. :).bleh i wannna rp :@ lol))

#64 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 02:24 AM

((Not only have I been busy but...I can't really post. The best I could come up with is "Steven listened to Mantis, glancing momentarily at Adam."))
Posted Image

#65 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:17 PM

"I have business as I said before, my business is the of fortune. I am one with a knack for adventure and great things, so I am looking for them yet again, otherwise life would be boring," with this Narin flips are rather large and showy bow.

Helevorn

"Tja" Helevorn grinned "Tis no-wa fun when liy-eff gets boring. But-a... you say Fore-tune, I say Fayte... Mayhaps I could 'com-pan-nee you on ya ser-ach for 'ventures? Shuy-yur-lee, it could not hinder ya too grey-yat-lee. Iy ma-ya be no noble, but Iyma shu-yure ya at ley-ast would not get bor-red if I were to joy-yen you. Al-wayes helps to have bah-cu-up" she suggested with a little spin.

As she turned, she yet again caught a glimpse of the blue haired man, this time heading back past her and heading to leave the city

"One-a moment" she murmered to Narin

<He's moving too fast> she thought suddenly <Why would he be in such a hurry?> she looked back where he had come from... noone seemed to be pursuing him

"Heya!" she called out, forcing the happiness into her voice again, flicking her quarterstaff out infront of him(Synn), impeding his movement forwards "Where mi-yat you be rushin' to? Y' only be-ar-lee spent any ti-yem hy-er"

She smiled widely, friendlily... she didn't want to make him annoyed if she could help it, but she was more than aware that she was likely getting in the mans way... that was her intent after all

"Shu-re-lee Teey-pa isn't so-wa bad ya hav' t'be rush-een off qui-yet so queeckly" she smiled cheerfully, before continuing, her melodical voice threatening to break into full song "Stay-ya whi-yle. There're many pe-yo-ples here, many fas-see-li-tees to be use-ed and 'joyed. Teey-pa is a good place" she smiled slightly "'Sides... where miyt you be off-a to in such a hurr-ru-ee?"

::trans::
[Tja... It's no fun when life gets boring. But... you say Fortune, I say Fate... Mayhaps I could accompany you on your search for adventures? Surely, it could not hinder you too greatly. I may be no noble, but I'm sure you at least would not get bored if I were to join you. Always helps to have backup]

[Heya! Where might you be rushing to? You only barely spent any time here]

[Surely Tipa isn't so bad you have to be rushing off quite so quickly. Stay a while. There're many people here, many facilities to be used and enjoyed. Tipa is a good place. Besides... where might you be off to in such a hurry?]

Edited by Charon, 21 April 2004 - 04:17 PM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#66 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 04:41 PM

Cocytus

"Please sir" Cocytus pleaded to the guard "You have to believe me...sir"

The guard looked at him, nodding. He knew noone could pretend to be this upset, and he knew of the young priest. Thought him to be an idealistic fool... but he knew him none the less
"Go back to the body" the guard said simply "Carry out your blessings"

"I've already-" Cocytus tried to speak up but his voice still failed him. The guard kept talking anyway, not even noticing the young priests attempt at speach

I'll go and call backup. Can you say anything other... than that this man had blue hair?"

"Was... tall" Cocytus forced the shaky words "Um... he had... he had um, he was dressed in black. Black with... like... chain links" he stammered "A dagger with a blue stone... blue emerald... he... the dagger he... must've had the blacksmith fix it" he swallowed hard "An' then... then he..."

The image of the scene flickered infront of his vision... all that blood

"I... I don't know if" he was trying to work out if there was anything else he could say "He mumbled... smirked... his voice was... Oh! He paid me" Cocytus froze suddenly, realising that the murderous stranger had indeed crossed his palm with gold. He dug into his pocket for the coins... he couldn't bring himself to hold onto them. Shaking with disgust he dropped the gold onto the floor as it slipped from his grip. He didn't stoop to retrieve it... he didn't want that murderers money

<Is it not enough that I led him there... let him kill that man> the young priest thought hopelessly as tears tainted his face again. He simply wasn't ready for something like this

"It's okay" the guard patted him on the shoulder awkwardly before he stooped and picked up the coins himself, turning them over in his palm... trying to see if there was anything strange about them

"Sir..." Cocytus pleaded

"Go tend to your blessings" the Guard repeated "I shall gather the other guards" and at that he walked away

<But what am I meant to do?> Cocytus' mind screamed at him as he simply watched

"Go tend to your blessings" the words echoed

"I can't... go back to the church like this" Cocytus looked at his robes, stained and tainted by the blood he had knelt in as he'd bid the mans soul to pass on "So... I go back? He told me... to go back..."

He slowly returned to the blacksmiths shop, still dazed. He was pale, shivering... and he was simply doing as he had been told. He closed his eyes as he neared the building, swallowing hard. Still... he felt ill. He felt really, really ill. Something was niggling at the back of his thoughts, but he couldn't work out just what.

"Come on Cocytus" he thought to himself "You can do this. You can" as he reached the building and reached out with one shaky hand to open the door... he realised it was already open.
He looked in, eyes still unable to accept the sight of the man on the floor... but this time

"What" he forced the words as he saw the figure(Exor) inside the room, rummaging around near the body "What.... what are you doing?" he stammed "Leave... leave him be. Is it not bad enough that he died this way? Please...do not discrace him any further... What are... what are you doing here?"

Edited by Charon, 21 April 2004 - 04:42 PM.

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind." --Rudyard Kipling

#67 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 06:51 PM

Mantis watches a guard hustling down the street from the blacksmith's direction.
"Now, that is odd." He says as he grabs his spear back from Adam. "I'll be right back after I see what is going on." Mantis spurs Beleaguez into a trot and approaches the blacksmiths shop, which the door was hanging open. "Odd." he says as he dismounts and walks into the shop cautiously with his hand on his sword hilt. As he enters he sees a priest and an unknown warrior of some sort in an argument.
"What is going on here?" Mantis commands angrily.
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#68 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 07:50 PM

Cocytus

Cocytus visibly shrank away from the angry shout of Mantis

"N...nothing sir" Cocytus stammered, his eyes focusing on the weapon

<Why are people so quick to reach for weapons?> he thought frantically

"It's... the blacksmith... blacksmith was... was killed by a man... but not... not by this man... but" Cocytus didn't know what he was saying, he truly didn't... how had everything gone so wrong so quickly?

"I came... came back here... and found..." he nodded his head at the tall Dark Knight (Exor) "He... he seems to be... forgive me for saying sir... you may not be..." he added quickly "I don't... don't know but... but looting... looks like... he's looting the body... I was... nothing was happening I just"

"I was just... asking him to leave... the blacksmith alone. Was... asking why... he was here"

Edited by Charon, 21 April 2004 - 07:50 PM.

#69 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:46 PM

Exor hears the priest ask him what he was doing here, but just ignores him and continues searching.Then when the other man entered the room he turns around...

"Do not question what I am doing.It is none of your concern what I do..Why are you so shaking up kid?(Cocytus)Its just a dead man...Well its not unusal where I come from anyways."

Exor notices the other man(Mantis) has his hand on his weapon.

.oO(Oh jeez im too hungry to fight anyone!)

"I may as well let you know..Im here looking for gold or food.Myself and my horse have not ate for a very long time.It may be sick to look through a dead mans things,but...you do what ya gotta do..."

Exor turns back around and sees a chest.He bends over to pick it up....

((Btw the .oO(___) is what im using for exors thoughts.^^))

#70 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 08:49 PM

Narin looks at the door of the blacksmith's shop, "Well Helevorn, if your willing, I think tracking a murderer, especially one as odd as him, could be a very profitable adventure. If you are willing, we should go after him."

With this Narin runs off quickly after the murderer (Synn).

((Despite his showiness and falseness Narin is quite atheletic and dexterous, he can run for miles without tiring, making him acctually adept at adventuring.))
Chairman of The Warriors of The Mist, The Great and Powerful Wizard

Skippy the Peanut Butter Fiend.

#71 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:02 PM

Narin looks at the door of the blacksmith's shop, "Well Helevorn, if your willing, I think tracking a murderer, especially one as odd as him, could be a very profitable adventure. If you are willing, we should go after him."

With this Narin runs off quickly after the murderer (Synn).

((ooc: I ... choose not to respond to pursuing the murderer as helevorn... because I'm talking to Synn as Helevorn ^^;; erm... sorry? ))

Edited by Charon, 21 April 2004 - 09:02 PM.

#72 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 09:25 PM

Cocytus

"It's not... that... that he's dead" Cocytus stammered "It's that... he.. he was killed, and I led... it's my fault" he said almost silently

He looked up at the man with pleading eyes

"Sir... please..." Cocytus pleaded "Let... let this man lie in peace... at the church we can offer you food... shelter if you have no money for the inn. There are... plenty of other ways... that... that you can get money. Sir... I beg of you... don't desecrate this man. To go through... to go through his things it... it isn't right"

#73 Opie

Opie
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:03 PM

((ooc Lets see if i can do better with only one character, lol))
The tall priest dressed only in a black robe walks out of a back room of the church into the sanctuary. He has red hair and blue eyes, and most of his features appear fairly boyish. Around his neck sits a small wooden cross, and he carries a large staff topped with yet another cross. He is a cleric, but he has long scince given up looking for fights. His name is Opie, although most of the locals call him Father. This is his church, and he loves it more than anything in the world (other than his lord God). He starts pacing with a worried look on his face.

"Where is that boy? He should have been back by now."
*`~Ø~þ~í~€~`* the ÃÑçíèчÑøøßï€
Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Ben Franklin

#74 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 10:43 PM

"You DARE to turn your back on a knight without asking leave?!?" Mantis exclaims angrily as Exor turns around. "Face me, or die now!" He yells at Exor, his hand gripping his sword's hilt tightly. "Face me, or I will cut you down!"

((To turn your back on nobility, even minor nobility such as knights, was interpereted as a mockery of their authority. That is the reason behind Mantis' anger. Also in case You didnt notice, My sword is not drawn.))
I am very sorry, if not for something I did, then it is for something I will do.

#75 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 12:13 AM

((ooc:
/t green_mantis

Also in case You didnt notice, My sword is not drawn

neither of us said... that your sword was drawn.

Cocytus stammered, his eyes focusing on the weapon
<Why are people so quick to reach for weapons?> he thought frantically

He was looking a the weapon... as you reached for it (not as you drew it)

Exor notices the other man(Mantis) has his hand on his weapon

Exor, also, only says that you had your hand on the weapon, not that you drew it...

/t Opie yey! someone to notice that Cocytus is taking way too long :)

/t Everyone I will post properly on this topic later. Sorry ))

#76 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:15 AM

((I was only posting that in case on the off chance someone might forget that I have not drawn my sword))

#77 rebo

rebo
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:22 AM

((ooc:wow it really sucks when you leave for like only 2 days. i had to read like 10 minutes worth of writing...))

"Well, Steven, do you want to just get to the church or go check out what all this commotion is about? We could always go to the church later.... but it's up to you," Adam asks Steven, hinting he wants to go to the murder site.

#78 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 01:38 AM

"I...uh..." Steven said. So much had happen in so little time. It was complete and utter chaos. Peasants were running around like chickens with their heads cut off. Rushing here and there, screaming this and that. A lot of the guards were having trouble keeping the peace...and with good reason.

"...L-Let's go see what everyone's talking about...b-but...err..." he said, looking down at his book.

"We need to go back to the church right after, though. I-I promised to drop this off."

((Since this is the next day(?), is it still raining?))
Posted Image

#79 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:09 AM

((I thought it was still the same day, as we hadnt reached the church yet))

#80 Squee

Squee

Sorcerer

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:11 AM

((Well, Version has advanced the day. So, it's really day 2. I'm just going to assume that the advancement doesn't really mean anything...just maybe the weather has changed.))
Posted Image

#81 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:18 AM

Exor drops the chest he had picked up and turns around angered to Cocytus..

"I need not your pity.I will not take things for free from people...Especially humans..<Grunts>.."

Exor starts to open the chest he had found,but stops and listens to Mantis.
"Ha you fool.You dare pick a fight with a Dark Knight?!"

He begins to pace..

.oO(Looks like im going to have to fight.Damn it!Im so hungry..Oh no!....Whats happened to Shadowlox I do wonder.Ive been gone for a good while..)

Exor grunts and unstraps his spiked shield.He puts his hand on his sword ready to withdraw if a fight is destined to happen.When his hand touches the end of the sword it begins to glow a dark shade of blue not visible to people far away.

Exor stands there in the corner of the room with his spiked shield to his right and his hand on his sword to the left.

"If it is a fight you want..It is a fight you shall get!"

((Lol guess shadowlox just sat out in the rain tied to a post the past two days. :)))

#82 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:38 AM

"This fight is for honor only, Dark knight." He says the man's title with a sneer. "This will not be for your death, only a lesson." Mantis could sense the magic emanating from the man's blade. "We will not fight here or over this man's body. If you help me carry his body to the church for proper treatment, instead of looting his home. I will buy you and your companions on the road food, before I put you in your place." Mantis' grip loosens around the hilt of his sword. Mantis cannot help but to pity this malnourished looking man. "Now, strap that shield back securely on you and help me and the priest carry this man's body." Mantis looks at Cocytus "Come now priest, grab his head and we will bear him to the church."

#83 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 03:52 PM

"Hmph!"
Exor straps his shield back on his back.
"Fine..."
Exor laughs and grabs the small chest with his hand and runs past the knight and priest and out the door.

.oO(Oh jeez I need to hide for now.)

Exor darts to the right of the blacksmiths and sees a big barrel used to store ale or some sorts.

.oO(Jeez I hope I fit in here.Well this is my last chance...I can't run any further...)

Exor pops off the barrel top and sits in with the chest on his lap.He reachs his hand out for the barrel top and grabs it.He sits it tightly over himself.

"Curses..How pathetic I have become..Running from humans..But i am soo hungry..<sighs>..Well lets see whats in this chest..I hope it was worth all the trouble ive been through.."

Exor opens the chest, and finds a loaf of bread,a small bottle of honey,and a bottle of water.

"Yes!!This must have been the mans lunch."

Being so tight in the barrel exor can't move both his arms very well so he finds it hard to try to pour the honey over the bread.He scarfs down the whole loaf of bread very swiftly.He then pours the the honey down his throat followed by the water.

"mmm nice snack..Should tide me over for a few hours.Guess I should sit here for awhile until things cool down."

Exor rests his head on the back of the barrel attempting to sleep in the cramped barrel.

#84 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 06:46 PM

"Now he will pay with his life, fleeing like that." Judging by his size he wont get far Mantis turns around and begins to exit the blacksmith's shop. "Stay here priest, I regretfully must deal with honor before the dead." He says over his shoulder to Cocytus. As he exits the shop he can see no signs of the man. "Hmmm, He must be faster than I thought, or..." Mantis looks in Beleaguez' saddlebags and eventually produces a small vial of ink and a small ceramic bowl. I don't have anything of his, but I should be able to find his weapon. Mantis pours the ink into the bowl and begins scrying for the dark knight.
-------------------------
7 minutes later...
Mantis is sitting down on a barrel outside the blacksmith's shop.
Where could he be if he is someplace dark, cramped, and surrounded by wood?

Edited by green_mantis, 22 April 2004 - 06:53 PM.

#85 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 08:24 PM

((lmao oh jeez.gonna take a bit to think of what exors gonna do now :)))

#86 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:05 AM

((That's the point. Use your head, but you may have to face up to poetic justice.))

#87 Exor

Exor
  • Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:18 AM

Exor wakes up when he hears someone above him.

.oO(I think someones sitting on my barrel!! Ack!What am i gonna do?..Guess im gonna gonna have to bust through here..some how..)

Exor sits there thinking of what he can do to get out of this, but sighs because he cant think of what to do.

.oO(Im just gonna have to bust out of this...Ive had a small portion of food so I should be able to fight now..)

Exor gets ready to push the top of the barrel off, but decides not to....

.oO(Wait I have a little fairy dust I can use on my gauntlet!)

Exor reachs down to get his satchel, but remembers he dropped it.

"ARRRRRRGHHHHHHH!"

Exor knocks through the side of the barrel with his shoulder.He quickly gets to his feet.He grabs his sword and shield he had laid by a tree.He puts his sword in its sheath and holds onto his shield as he walks up to Mantis..

"I knew it was you..You just wont leave me alone...Hehheh..Doesnt matter now.I will just end your sad life..Knight...hehhehheh.."

Exor withdraws his sword while chanting something orcish.
As the sword is withdrawn it glows with a blue aura.Incrested in the broad sword are various runes and gems.The gems sparkle brightly.
Exor stops the chant and grips his sword and shield ready to battle.

"Come fool.Let me end your life quickly...hehheh..."

((Couldn't think of how to escape the barrel seeing as i dropped my satchel..So i just busted out :)))

#88 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 02:41 AM

((Nice job getting out, but now you must face poetic justice.))

Mantis snaps his fingers. "Awww. It was that simple." He draws his sword, Breaker, a greatsword made from pure adamantuim, and indestructable.
"Well then, let us dance." Mantis says as he hops off the barrel. He chants something quickly. "There, now no magic can be used here." His usual happy face hardens to a fell anger, "Now for your cowardice in repaying your debts. This shall now be a fight to the death." He says as he swings breaker in a high roundhouse slash.

#89 Charon

Charon
  • Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:43 PM

Cocytus

"N...NO" Cocytus shouted, trying to lose his stammer, trying to sound more assertive, but failing abysmally as he stood in the door of the blacksmiths, frozen in place "Please no... I do not wish to have anyone else dieing here today, and forgive my presumption, but I'm near convinced the Gods so collide. This town(city?) is a safe place" he stalled "Safe ... why... why can't we all... just get along. It matters... it matters not what slights have been done... what race we may be"

He looked from one man to the other "Why... why must the two of you seek to fight? Why can... can you not just get along?" he pleaded "Why... why not accept the peace this place provides. Sirs, I beg of you both. Please... please don't fight when this man has only barely passed himself. Please... there has... has surely been enough d-death here"

"Surely"

((ooc: lol, I'm sorry... I know that Cocytus' character is probably getting pretty annoying to you now... but unfortunately, that's just the way he is ^^ ))

#90 green_mantis

green_mantis
  • Members
  • 403 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 06:45 PM

((I have no problem with Cocytus. He is just fine as a pacifistic priest.))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users