Yearly Birthday Request!

• Please log in to reply
121 replies to this topic

#61 Dan

Dan
  • Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 05:58 AM

This is going to come off rude, but most of it isn't intended to be so here goes...

Yall need to just STFU all together and let the owners do what they want. If your all not crying about this, your crying about p2p, or some other petty thing. Either way people are going to lose out. Not to mention there is a good chance that whoever gets something (if anything) isn't going to be those of us who can afford to send $400 - $1000, because we know the value of a dollar, and that unless an item is tangeable, it's not worth 2 cents.

Now..

Happy B-Day Simon, and GL on your quest for donations

#62 trauma

trauma
  • Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 06:43 AM

/t zephie maybe ill make my custom pic a shih-tzu just for u.. and all of nightmist wont understand this cause its an inside joke.. :P

#63 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:30 PM

You all lose because you aren't admin.

It doesn't matter if you don't like it or not, because you have no say.

Next time you post on the forum, remember that.

Westcoast

#64 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 08:55 PM

You all lose because you aren't admin.

It doesn't matter if you don't like it or not, because you have no say.

Next time you post on the forum, remember that.

i don't agree, the players provide valuable input into the direction this game goes, we like to know what you think so that we can make the game more to the players' liking
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#65 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 09:53 PM

Well, I mean on things like this.

Obviously there's not anything they can do about it.

In places like the suggestion board, yes, their opinions matter.

But for the most part, I mean the people that are all extreme on things and go on campaigns to fight admins and blah blah blah. You know.

Westcoast

#66 Pandilex

Pandilex

Administrator

• Admin
  • 568 posts

Posted 15 July 2004 - 10:30 PM

Your say only really matters on topics like this if you mention something I didn't think of, which, when included in my decision-making, sways it a different direction. Your input is always welcomed, but not when it slides into the untrue or when people mention things that are clearly not well thought-out.
If you build it, they will come.

#67 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:35 AM

I think the idea is a well thought idea. In no way does it change the NM economy nor make any one player stronger then another because he/she donated.

I have not read but the first post in this thread. My response is in regards to two topics under leaving/returning.

Jurian no one complained when you got the first nonstaff custom pic. We applauded you for your unselfishness and willingness to donate to keep the game free for others. Now you bash Simon for coming up with a creative way to get others to donate. In no way do changing the pic and description of an exsisting item make a player any better. I could change my Halberd to the Mombanator and still find myself getting smoked by a baby frog. I say you just tell Simon your sorry for once again bringing drama to his forums and honor us with your leaving thread and just be gone. Keeping in mind that we are forever greatful for your donation that has forever changed tha face of NM.

PTP is long overdue...
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#68 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:38 AM

double posting rocks
Astinus on 1alt Only

#69 Consumed

Consumed

o0o-Alias ig

• Members
  • 900 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 02:43 AM

This is going to come off rude, but most of it isn't intended to be so here goes...

Yall need to just STFU all together and let the owners do what they want. If your all not crying about this, your crying about p2p, or some other petty thing. Either way people are going to lose out. Not to mention there is a good chance that whoever gets something (if anything) isn't going to be those of us who can afford to send $400 - $1000, because we know the value of a dollar, and that unless an item is tangeable, it's not worth 2 cents.

Now..

Happy B-Day Simon, and GL on your quest for donations

i agree...and i find this a good way to prevent people that cant pay 2 play from having to quit and it was a good idea...
-Alias ingame-

#70 dognapot

dognapot
  • Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:12 AM

on a much lighter note, i thought i'd make suggestions for people who donate to modify thier items. it would be funny to see, say, a stick with poo on the tip. or how about real imitation bracelets of speed, and santa's boots? the cubic zirconias of nightmist's valuable treasures; an homage to the legendary haIberd. then also personal attacks could become physical attacks when you change your halberd to "Rappy_Ninja's Raving Homo-Sexuality". you could force your criticisms on the nightmist populace when you unsheath your "Blade of 'Punk is Not Art, It's a Pretentious Fashion Club'". but who among you can resist changing your favorite armour into "a T-shirt which reads "I donated the most money to this game and all I got was this crappy T-shirt".

seriously, this is a big opportunity. if my money wasn't promised to food and shelter i'd be down on this.
wouldn't it be funny if rich had registered this name first, and you were bickering with him?

#71 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 05:21 AM

that is consistent with the theme of nightmist!

*cough*
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#72 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 07:56 AM

well if you dont get to the top 2 donaters you still get a custom pic right?

#73 Wafer

Wafer
  • Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 12:42 PM

"a T-shirt which reads "I donated the most money to this game and all I got was this crappy T-shirt".

That was funny on sooooo many levels, LMAO :P

And I nominate Jonathan and Simon for sainthood for their patience with all the whingers that cant be arsed to play the game anymore, but instead fill up this forum with their useless drivel (those with constructive critism aside).

As a suggestion, those crits not gaining a % of exp per month should be permently deleted! :P

#74 Foxie

Foxie

525,600 minutes - how do you measure a year?

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 06:55 PM

well i donated to get 2 pics *shrug*
On main Azure/Foxie in game.
On 1a Azure, Melody, Faith, Solstice, Wylow, Hope in game.

#75 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:17 PM

you would have to make that so its not allowed to sell these custom pics or those custom weapons/items ... if you can sell them it would be giving real money for ingame money and like you have said its not allowed ... it allso unbalances the game ...

#76 fallen

fallen
  • Members
  • 1011 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 08:25 PM

frist of all /t staff I think its a great idea the strive to keep the game free is great :ph34r: ...I feel we need more plp in our NM community not less and forcing players to pay would only decrease the #'s..and I have read over like 3 quaters of the string and I just couldnt go through it all....they were way to many whiners about this and that :P ...and its all the plp that are affriad that someone might have something they dont ...its a drive to get plp to donate not a selling of items for real funds...they must need the money to even come up with a creative idea like this....why must plp cry or whine about anything at all times "I m not paying to play a game" " I donanted in the past why cant I have something" ...why not just be happy to have a game to come to... and spend ur time there ...and interact with plp from all over the world with in interest in the same game as you....I guess I just dont get why plp have to find something to cry about all the time ...some of you took a simple string about someones birthday and a proactive encouragement to get plp to donate and turned it into a big tissue fest....anyways ya get the point :P lol....great idea know that I will be helpping the cause. :P
we will pass judgement on the day of your doom

#77 Payne

Payne
  • Members
  • 816 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 10:35 PM

wow i post to help staff and they delete my nuts oh well then ima go against them and say it unbalances the game see if this gets deleted also

Edited by Payne, 16 July 2004 - 10:36 PM.

Astinus on 1alt Only

#78 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 11:02 PM

your post was deleted for containing lots of swearing, i decided not to ban your forum account.
Anything i post on here is subject to change at any time without notification to the board.

#79 Mec

Mec
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 16 July 2004 - 11:39 PM

Someone should rename a csotw or a bot or some cool weapon to 'pair of hands', or if that's not possible, 'bad breath', or something like that.

Anyway, I think this is a great idea, but it still might disrupt the economy: a cool weapon would be worth A LOT more!

#80 ¯¯¯¨·ßLùñ'|'mãñ·¨¯¯¯

¯¯¯¨·ßLùñ'|'mãñ·¨¯¯¯
  • Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 July 2004 - 08:11 PM

well im up 4 donating, i only live round the corner from Jlh :P
(*a few corners so no point hunting me*)

i dont understand the item bit, so say if i had the Enchanted Bow, could i call it
"Bluntman's Magical bow that glows with a magical aura" ?, is that what you are talking about...? :S

#81 Prophet

Prophet
  • Members
  • 1772 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:33 AM

If you wanted.
Si Senior!

#82 Bitter_soul

Bitter_soul
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 11:12 AM

I think this whole thing is getting blown way out of proportion, like other ppl said ther is no advantage to havin a halberd changed to sumthin else, its still a halberd and holds no actual value irl. its just data on your computer. its not paying, cuz you get nothing of actual value in return.

**(-)¥pÉR£î±ê**

hyperlite, antibody in game

#83 Bishop

Bishop
  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 06:51 PM

I disagree with this, but in light of following the discussion another idea occured to me:

for each month in which $300 or more (any reasonable amount) is donated, there will be a double exp day held in honor of those that contributed. You could even tell those that donated the day in advance, but everyone else finds out when it happens - as an added insentive. This way, the benefit is shared (or at least the opportunity of it) with everyone, not just the individual that donated or the one (or two) that donated the most.

Just a suggestion - I don't even really play, so it doesn't affect me. Something along these lines does seem more fair to everyone though.

#84 Momba

Momba
  • Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:10 PM

Nice idea Bishop
My inner child is a mean little f*ucker

#85 Eternyte

Eternyte
  • Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:13 PM

I don't see a problem with the people donating getting some recognition. It's just something that marks them out. Even if they do sell the item in game, it's the same item they had already, just with a new name consistent with the game. It doesn't overpower them, and if that person wants to donate say £150/$300 for an item they sell for 5x amulet of hermes then that's their decision.

Their donations are shared with the rest of Nightmist anyway, in that the game remains free for everyone who doesn't donate. Seems more than fair to me.
I am the Dragon, before me you Tremble!

#86 Bishop

Bishop
  • Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:26 PM

If some of you don't understand how it's unfair to, for example:

donate $500, have an item edited to be unique (hence increasing it's value), then selling an item that costs 500 gold for 500000 gold

then I don't know what to tell you....

In essence, it's paying real life money for game money. I'm fairly certain that JLH, if not Simon also, don't want that type of game. (not that this is it exactly, but it's certainly a step in that direction - which is why some people, like me, dislike it so much)

Edited by Bishop, 20 July 2004 - 07:28 PM.

#87 Xian

Xian
  • Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 07:52 PM

Given the amount people usually donate and what the items will actually be worth I can't see many people wanting to sell them, it just wouldn't be worth it (not compared to previous sales of whole accounts etc for cash).

Anyway I like the idea of a total monthly target to be rewarded with double exp, gives something in return but everyone can share it.
Celerity // Wodan in game.

#88 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 08:15 PM

as a current update, the 2 leading donations are £34.40 (£36-paypal fees) and £57.76 (£60-paypal fees)

#89 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 05:37 PM

to Bishop: I think JLH's response meant nothing is changing. Nevermind, RoK seems to be getting alot better now anyway.

#90 JLH

JLH

Administrator

• Admin
  • 1771 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 06:35 PM

rok hasn't had an update in 2 years, the website was shutdown, and i expect the game will also vanish at some point soon. also, character registration is down, so chances of you keeping any new crits is very low.

update: the 2 leading donations are £47.85 (£50-paypal fees) and £86.54 (£60 and £30 - paypal fees)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users