Photo

Petes

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think pete's should be removed from the game? (98 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think pete's should be removed from the game?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#61 Drac

Drac
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:39 AM

Im not even going to argue it anymore. In either case its a win/win for me. Either I dont have to deal with stupid people running around because they are knockin the mess outta each other at pete's or I experience less lag and I have more people to pk. However, in the end im sure all will come to see that the bad will far outweigh the good when it comes to the well-being of this game.
BeEp!

#62 Galactic

Galactic
  • Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 06:21 AM

It is Pointless it should be deleted

#63 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:35 AM

tbh, i don't think it's gunna be removed, no matter how much people are moaning about it. As stupid as it may seem to put a dueling grid above the inn, it must obviously have a purpose.

#64 Cule

Cule
  • Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 09:13 AM

its pointless, take the lovable companion away... and let us fight where should fight SOUTH OF NM LIKE WE USED TO .... its stupid to fight in a small room filled with crits i cant use my thief there properly ( cant slip and slide away ... :blink: )

polls are pointless i wont even vote :)

edit: hahaha lovable companion ... ima keep my chat clean lol

Edited by Cule, 04 March 2004 - 09:14 AM.

#65 Sublime

Sublime
  • Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 02:50 PM

erm nothing counts in petes anymore... no DPB or PK's count at all anymore

But anyway just stop the arguing and get to the point of the discussion... should petes be taken out hf the game?... My opinion is no, when i get bored i take my fighter up there and pk if i have nothing to do its fun to waste some time there
Sublime - 1a.

#66 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:27 PM

Pete's puts the pkers in town killing each other and the people who wanna play outside of town acctually fighting monsters not each other, what is wrong with that? The people out for the money from players are off in areas trying for kills as well so the challenge is not reduced so it acctually helps people train I mean when people grow out of the NM arena they usually go to south of NM where are all the pkers are, that just drives them away so Pete's puts the PKers out of the way allowing the game to expand in plays.

/me bows after putting in his er 12 cents and walks away.
Chairman of The Warriors of The Mist, The Great and Powerful Wizard

Skippy the Peanut Butter Fiend.

#67 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:30 PM

its pointless, take the lovable companion away... and let us fight where should fight SOUTH OF NM LIKE WE USED TO .... its stupid to fight in a small room filled with crits i cant use my thief there properly ( cant slip and slide away ... :blink: )

polls are pointless i wont even vote :)

edit: hahaha lovable companion ... ima keep my chat clean lol

i remember the days of sitting under arilin with my ranger (Addictive). I think that was BoDs old spot.

#68 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 11:25 PM

You people don't honestly classify killing in Petes PK'ing do you? Because I mean, if you did, you'd have to be really really retarded.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#69 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 11:43 PM

lol. i understand completely tbh. PKing is like... you getting killed by somebody when running through the forest or something. Going up to a room, which you KNOW is a PK grid, and which you dont even HAVE to go up to, and WHINING about it because you're getting killed, is SO pathetic, rofl... i mean think about it, that's pretty funny :)

#70 Deval

Deval
  • Members
  • 802 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 02:11 AM

/me nods.
"PK'ing has just become a battle of superior numbers." ~ Goldfish.

#71 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 04:21 PM

Stop thinking that Nightmist will be like it used to. It won't. Ever. Stop it.

Westcoast

#72 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:19 PM

Stop thinking that Nightmist will be like it used to. It won't. Ever. Stop it.

/nod

#73 Thrice

Thrice
  • Members
  • 148 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:27 PM

It is Pointless it should be deleted

I heard you spend all your time up there ...:)

#74 Metatron

Metatron
  • Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:30 PM

.............getting killed.....
Sin lies only in hurting other people unnecessarily. All other sins are invented nonsense.

~Agmar~

#75 Alucard

Alucard
  • Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 09:30 PM

Yall need to stop ya whining, if you don't want to die don't go up there, if you wanna fight someone and rick teh chance of getting owned go up simple as that.

/t EPic never thought i see you whine about something that would let you pk with out losing your presious exp

#76 Epic

Epic
  • Members
  • 852 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 09:22 PM

Yall need to stop ya whining, if you don't want to die don't go up there, if you wanna fight someone and rick teh chance of getting owned go up simple as that.

/t EPic never thought i see you whine about something that would let you pk with out losing your presious exp

Well course, see being killed and not losing exp doesnt bother me cause i dont die...and killing people up there is pointless (for me) cause they dont lose anything and i dont gain anything

#77 Spekkio

Spekkio
  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 09:36 PM

Well course, see being killed and not losing exp doesnt bother me cause i dont die...and killing people up there is pointless (for me) cause they dont lose anything and i dont gain anything

Last I checked... Petes wasn't made for you.... so if you feel that you don't get anything out of going up there.... then don't go! :)

Note: This poll/topic is lame and should be dropped as nobody is forced to go into Petes. :blink:

Edited by Spekkio, 06 March 2004 - 10:10 PM.

Ñôökïè Mòñstër: Spekkio, Kleptomaniac, Mushu, Gargoyle, Gaspar, Bahamut and Mesmerize ingame.

#78 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 10:21 PM

Pete's doesn't really affect me because I do not go there. But, it does give someone who wants to fight/duel a place to go without paying to go into an arena and does keep some of the heavy traffic out of the edges of town. I say keep it. If it is not liked by a person then don't go there. If you do like it there, then have fun beating each other senseless :).

Good Day,
Amy of Draco
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#79 Xcelon

Xcelon
  • Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 10:31 PM

The big fights south of nm were pretty good...
Dimensia~Xcelon~Vajin~Death_slayer~Remake~Ajimoo~Ingame-Shares with eddy

#80 Drac

Drac
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 03:08 AM

I know i told myself I wasn't going to concern myself with this bitter disagreement any longer, but i really feel that I need to interject here. Everyone keeps saying, "If you don't like it, you aren't forced to go up there, so don't." The point that most of the people against pete's are trying to make is that you don't need to even be in the city of Nightmist to be effected by the place. For starters, some people like to talk in clan chat without being scrolled by meaningless deaths. In addition, when someone really does get pked and it means something, theres no way of telling! The square undoubtedly promotes lag during peak times of the day, and thats bad. Also, it reduces people outside of town, cuts down on exploration and player interaction in said areas. If pete's isnt deleted, why not delete the areas that will be little used because of it? So you see noobs and nooblettes, your arguments stating that 'people who dont like the area just shouldnt go up there' are irrelevant and dumb, and If any of you had thought this topic out a bit you would have seen that pete's doesnt just effect the people that go there, it makes a difference on this game as a whole. Pete's is a pollutant to this game. Take a look at the big picture rather than just worrying about what meets your fancy for the time being.
BeEp!

#81 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 03:53 AM

If the area is not explored then all of a sudden fewer pkers are there and also the people who are not pkers can explore it in piece so your argument which is so "I am better and know better" is acctually null.

#82 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 04:08 AM

If you are unsatisfied with the conduct of your fellow clan members, report their activity to a leader or founder.

Westcoast

#83 Rattlesnake

Rattlesnake
  • Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 05:26 AM

I'm not going to even get into whether it should be deleted or not. I just want to point out you can toggle the arena death messages.

#84 Drac

Drac
  • Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 06:47 PM

Ok neither of the flimsy statements just made were well thought out at all. Newb, you didn't fully counter every argument. If you aren't going to address all the issues, dont even bother... and.. that first reply.. it didnt even make any sense.

It seems to me that the only people that argue for pete's existence are the ones who probably don't even go there, but they like it because they can't defend themselves when all those knucklehead pkers come to get them.. either that, or its the people without a brain who think killing people in a room is fun. Like Epic said, they dont lose nothin, I dont gain nothin.. whats the point?
BeEp!

#85 Mastah_Fluff

Mastah_Fluff
  • Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 07:18 PM

Maybe you should ask whichever staff decide to put it in what the point is? I'm not going to address every thing discussed just cause I know it will make you un-happy, I could care less if they keep it or remove it. None of it effects me and its not very often that I get scrolled with clannies deaths from going in there.
Love long lost, never to love again, forever to be alone.
Creator of All Things Fluffy
Evil Zoloft King of Un-Certain Insanity

#86 newb

newb
  • Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 08:00 PM

Scrolled. Hah. Next you are going to say that descriptions scroll you every time you move, and that they should only put directions to where monsters and bosses are.

For reals, get the hell over it.

Besides, I thought I made a nice point with my last statement. If you don't like what the other members of your clan are doing, in that case dying in Pete's a lot, ask them to stop. If they don't, you always have the option to leave, or report them to a higher authority.

You don't have anything to lose or gain by playing this game, but you do. It's just text, and it will never amount to anything. Deal with it. There are plenty people to pk, and there are plenty of people who enjoy it.

THIS IS NOT A DEMOCRACY. IT IS A DICTATORSHIP. PANDILEX AND JLH HAVE THE FINAL SAY. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT YOU THINK.

Ok.

Westcoast

#87 Silverwizard

Silverwizard
  • Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 08:24 PM

I do not go in Pete's and let the pkers do that it is nice for me to see them just kill those who wish to fight and not those who wish to play the game. I do not go there because I am happy to lvl up and not simply bash my head against lvl 30 halberds.

#88 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 03:17 AM

riiiiight..... :)

*waits for...

JLH: It's not getting deleted *locked**

#89 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 08:06 PM

the place is pointless an its not really the point of going there its seeing the kill/dieing of ppl over and over again.The game was fine without the place there are other arenas so what if u have to pay for them they are still there so u should jus use em or go back to the fighting outta town more fun that way.
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#90 Aidon

Aidon
  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 March 2004 - 09:39 PM

I have a great idea, if you do not like Pete's or what happens there, don't go in. As for others who do like and go there, it is not your place to tell them where they can go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users