Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

Love the pun.
Freek ingame.

#33 Shane

Shane
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 10:00 PM

There is no need to berate someone who is trying to look for a way to bring people back to, lets be honest, a less than active game. Anyone that has logged on regularly in the last few months will agree that activity has rapidly fallen in the last 6 months or so (particularly on the 1-alt server--the more popular one).
Bickering on the forums is not exactly constructive. In my opinion, the reason for the lower activity is attitudes like this, that we see on the forums daily. Maybe if we all grow up a little, people will want to play with us.

Indeed ...

If everyone that is still currently playing NightMist were to finally quit and completely stop playing I would still log on from time to time because the game itself is what calls me back. The constant post bashing is a minor annoyance and 5+ years ago I learnt how to deal with those people. When they start up, just ignore them like you would a crybaby child.
So when it comes down to it, besides the very very few mature players left, it is the game itself that I enjoy the most.

I honestly do not believe this dying was caused by the staff. People just moved on.

I tried to help come up with an idea to bring people to the game a couple times, and different ways. But there are some of those who still play that are too selfish to allow new players in the game. It would take away from them clearing the bosses everyday.

Someone spoke of the bosses being killed off everyday as an example of there being players. 2-3 people logging on 12+ crits to kill off all the bosses everyday is not an example.

1alt would be MUCH more enjoyable is there was more teamwork.

Main is not superior to 1alt. It takes different skill to play well on both servers.

Anyways, I'm still around and will be. IF anything gets started up to help bring people back I'll help out.

,,V, Peace

"Before my time is done I will look down upon your corpse and smile!"

#34 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:35 PM

What this game needs at this point in time is support from it's players. Maybe if the players were more supportive the staff team would want to make more things or even try to assist with bringing back the playerbase.. So many ungreatful people that just complain about everything. Should just be happy that JLH made the game in the first place and it's free. When stuff does happen people just complain for instance Stig's Quest on 1alt. I see begging for quest/new stuff but nobody wants to bother with teamwork to complete it and then just complain about it. Lets get some support form the current playerbase and less bashing of staff. They don't get paid to staff the game so everything they do is for you guys to enjoy and have fun. They probably feel like rag dolls that are under appreciated. When a new player starts or returns like Klepto for instance on main all everyone wants to do is hunt him. Let him play. We don't want to run everyone off. We as the players are what make it not fun for new players to last more than one day. We run them off we are antisocial and behave like children. Pull together work as a team lets get this game back up again. I don't know about all of you, but most of us grew up on this game. We each have our faults and have each had our inmature stretches but most of us have all grown up. Lets keep a game going that obviously all of us that are still here love and enjoy and just play just to have fun and enjoy it. Lets welcome new people with open arms rather than try and tear their heart out before they even get a chance to experience the full game. In todays age a lot of people can't afford the 15$ a month for other games I.E World of Warcraft ect. Expecially with the economy the way it is. I know there is still hope for Nightmist, and as stated before we all have to come together as a family as a team and make this happen. Not just one single person can do it. This will take time and a group effort.
Blake (Satoris) Main Server

#35 Trendkill

Trendkill
  • Members
  • 473 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 04:17 PM

We need some active staff/new staff! <1 Alt.

Some new active staff i believe would help bring the game back...maybe some people will return to playing the game again?

Mosh/ctf/triplex....so on.

Just my thoughts.
...Añd Jústícè Fòr All

#36 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:49 PM

CTF

CTF

CTF

CTF

CTF

CTF

NIGHTMIST NEEDS CTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retired... Now I know how it feels to quit NM and troll forums.

#37 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:40 PM

I'll have a see about that one.

#38 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:24 PM

CTF is the best event ive done.

I was told its bugged?

How is this bugged? Fix it? NOW!
Nightmist is like Pringles, once you pop you just cant stop.

#39 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:40 PM

We need some active staff/new staff! <1 Alt.

Some new active staff i believe would help bring the game back...maybe some people will return to playing the game again?

Mosh/ctf/triplex....so on.

Just my thoughts.

I agree, but who would want the responsibility of just be hassled for trying to help with an unappreciative playerbase? Also personally think "On main at least" the pk level should be raised a tad. This would give a new person the ability to experience the game some more before someone who has been playing years logs a level 10 or so and just pks them to be aggervating. I understand this is a pking game and I am not complaining one bit, I am just simply saying this for the sake of new players. When they log on after rolling several hours " Which is fusterating in the first place" they are just starting to train and then someone who has been playing a few years or such logs a low level just to pk them. That is automatically a turn off for someone to continue to train when they can barley stay alive. At least let them live to level 20 or so. AT least let someone establish a party, let the dynamics of the game sink in so they are comfortable. I don't know how people would feel about this on 1alt as I do not play 1alt. All feedback is appreciated but please keep it clean and respectful.

#40 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

I think the main snag is that players have to join a couple of distinct clans, which means leaving the ones they're currently in. Also, it's very impractical for a single staff member to run it on 1-alt because of the need to control the two chairpersons simultaneously (to announce important events such as if the enemy team is in the base or if the flag's been captured or returned)... plus I don't have access to said crits anyway.

We'll see if we can't work something out though.

#41 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

http://top50.onrpg.com Everyone go and vote! Search for Nightmist. I've took it upon myself to start adding Nightmist to several RPG/Text Based Search engines/voting sites in hopes to straggle in some more players! Like I said team effort, lets get some more players!

Edited by Infection, 16 April 2011 - 09:08 PM.

#42 Orgy

Orgy
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

There we go, I was wanting people to actually try and get nightmist back on track. I voted on the onrpg website and im gonna vote more if possible, I love this game and always will :P
Tear ingame.

#43 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

There we go, I was wanting people to actually try and get nightmist back on track. I voted on the onrpg website and im gonna vote more if possible, I love this game and always will :P

If you make anymore voting sites please let me know which sites you make them on so I do not double create. Thank you for the support.

#44 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 10:13 PM

Did you Rate it?

Its showin im the first to rate it.

Im gonna link it on the Facebook page with instructions on how to rate it.

#45 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:44 AM

I was told its bugged?

That's exactly the kind of attitude we DO NOT need on Nightmist.

Thanks for looking into it, Stig.

#46 Cadabra

Cadabra

(¯`·¸¸» ÇåÐàß®ä «¸¸·´¯)

• Members
  • 2361 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

I was told its bugged?

That's exactly the kind of attitude we DO NOT need on Nightmist.

Thanks for looking into it, Stig.

So ban me?

Nab.

Edited by Cadabra, 18 April 2011 - 11:55 AM.

#47 Peacemaker

Peacemaker
  • Members
  • 1940 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:56 AM

Edit: I'd like to state that even though I use it often while I am busy training and I'm a big fan of it.. It might be time to get rid of the /toggle who on Multi. It was suggested to remove it long ago and I believe I was against it at the time.. but at this point it might help show people that theres actually players logged on and make the server more inviting. we can still see how many are on by typing /server or checking clan lists.. but some people don't know that and think theres only 1 or 2 people online.

I whole-heartedly agree with that sentiment. As being one of the few players that doesn't use the /toggle who for the crits I spend the majority of my time on.

I do what I can to help new/returning players as long as they are courteous. Aside from the pages where i'm called a liar for saying there's no way to make certain bosses spawn, or a cigarette for pking, i'm more than happy to help where I can. Even in instances where I do have issues with certain players, i've shown a willingness to set those problems aside for the betterment of the game or another players account.

Well let two of the most powerful players in nightmist give me all their highest lvls and i will run around un toggled as well. People use it cause of the unbalance on the server. Not everyone can be given the majority of the highest lvls in the game. Also not many are gonna train when there are parties of lvl 35 plus running around all the time which is pretty much most of whats on nightmist. I say you wanna attract new players to multi, then make it nopk again, then they will all have a safe place to start. I mean sure they wont get any bosses as its too easy to set a checker for a boss. I say also make it within so many squares of bosses that its log to local. Or make it where you cant spy onto a bosses square and its ktp for pacis as well as other classes. This would make everyone actually check bosses with their parties. Maybe more bosses would be in this way. Also i know my quote towards RJ is not welcomed as others ride his so and so to get boss drops, but lets be honest here, you didnt earn them crits or buy them. Yet you act like you are nightmists champion or something based on something you didnt do or earn.

I will leave all that alone, but i will say if you really want players and stuff remove the pk, then you dont have people that pk people on random crits and pretend it wasnt them (Blake) sorry but you did that to Deimos a while back, maybe you've changed idk, but i know people on there do stuff like that. Or like to pick fights with people with way less then them just to try and bully them around. If you want people to enjoy it then take it back to nopk. I used to see new players always start out there. Now you just have same players with a few server switchers here and there. Either way im not really trying to talk about people im just pointing out parts of the reasons the stuff is the way it is. Tbh i would be fine with making all characters back to lvl 30 lvl cap tbh. The game was more fair then, but w/e i rarely play anymore as i log on and see same stuff and same people with nothing changed. I pretty much look at it like DJ does on his leaving post, that the game is ruined now but it was fun before and its just about beyond all repair. I may still play some but not that much. If i do you can catch me on one alt.

Oh a side note. Stig if im ever on i would be willing to help you with that CTF i used to be an active player of that game and if you need a second for a chairman to make the announcement let me know i wont mind doing it and setting aside while the others enjoy it.
Peacemaker both servers.

#48 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

Edit: I'd like to state that even though I use it often while I am busy training and I'm a big fan of it.. It might be time to get rid of the /toggle who on Multi. It was suggested to remove it long ago and I believe I was against it at the time.. but at this point it might help show people that theres actually players logged on and make the server more inviting. we can still see how many are on by typing /server or checking clan lists.. but some people don't know that and think theres only 1 or 2 people online.

I whole-heartedly agree with that sentiment. As being one of the few players that doesn't use the /toggle who for the crits I spend the majority of my time on.

I do what I can to help new/returning players as long as they are courteous. Aside from the pages where i'm called a liar for saying there's no way to make certain bosses spawn, or a cigarette for pking, i'm more than happy to help where I can. Even in instances where I do have issues with certain players, i've shown a willingness to set those problems aside for the betterment of the game or another players account.

Well let two of the most powerful players in nightmist give me all their highest lvls and i will run around un toggled as well. People use it cause of the unbalance on the server. Not everyone can be given the majority of the highest lvls in the game. Also not many are gonna train when there are parties of lvl 35 plus running around all the time which is pretty much most of whats on nightmist. I say you wanna attract new players to multi, then make it nopk again, then they will all have a safe place to start. I mean sure they wont get any bosses as its too easy to set a checker for a boss. I say also make it within so many squares of bosses that its log to local. Or make it where you cant spy onto a bosses square and its ktp for pacis as well as other classes. This would make everyone actually check bosses with their parties. Maybe more bosses would be in this way. Also i know my quote towards RJ is not welcomed as others ride his so and so to get boss drops, but lets be honest here, you didnt earn them crits or buy them. Yet you act like you are nightmists champion or something based on something you didnt do or earn.

I will leave all that alone, but i will say if you really want players and stuff remove the pk, then you dont have people that pk people on random crits and pretend it wasnt them (Blake) sorry but you did that to Deimos a while back, maybe you've changed idk, but i know people on there do stuff like that. Or like to pick fights with people with way less then them just to try and bully them around. If you want people to enjoy it then take it back to nopk. I used to see new players always start out there. Now you just have same players with a few server switchers here and there. Either way im not really trying to talk about people im just pointing out parts of the reasons the stuff is the way it is. Tbh i would be fine with making all characters back to lvl 30 lvl cap tbh. The game was more fair then, but w/e i rarely play anymore as i log on and see same stuff and same people with nothing changed. I pretty much look at it like DJ does on his leaving post, that the game is ruined now but it was fun before and its just about beyond all repair. I may still play some but not that much. If i do you can catch me on one alt.

Oh a side note. Stig if im ever on i would be willing to help you with that CTF i used to be an active player of that game and if you need a second for a chairman to make the announcement let me know i wont mind doing it and setting aside while the others enjoy it.

Slept since then I don't really recall, but I do agree with you in some sorts, but everything is repairable if you just put heart into it. Giving up is not always the answer. At least the Jake I knew was not the type to give up. Should come active again we need some more players all diffrences aside, I'd even help you as well again all diffrences aside. On another note my daughter was born Aug 8th, she is in NICU was born 2 months premature with 2 holes in her heart as of right now she is doing fine. If I could get everyone to pray for her and my family. That would be very nice of you. Have a wonderful week.

#49 Pureza

Pureza

It's 4:20, do you know where your papers are???

• Members
  • 1858 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:22 PM

All I have to say to most of that is LOL. Yeah, I share with Rappy, so what. It's me that's trained those crits to grandmaster. Ask Rappy yourself, he's gone inactive as well as everyone else our shared account. So, I don't know how I didn't work for the crits I run. I'd say putting over 2 billion xp on a crit is working for what it is. Over the years, i've been given very little until just recently. I am where I am now, because I was determined to level higher than everyone else. Persistent enough to learn 99% of the map and kill the bosses. And patient enough to keep doing it until I got the drops.

That's what it takes to play Nightmist. Patience, Persistence, and Determination. If you don't have that, don't even bother. This game is frustrating from the word go. The roller sucks, training low crits in a world of grandmasters sucks, but it's completely and utterly doable. As proven by one of the more recent returns to multi-alt server, Klepto. Even with all us jerks running arond on our grandmaster parties pking everyone on site.(Please note the sarcasm in the last sentence). He's managed to level an entire party to 30 and higher. So, if your excuse is that you can't train cuz there's so many high level crits, you plain don't have what it takes to play nightmist. And that's not directed specifically at Jake, that's for everyone.

Edited by Pureza, 18 April 2011 - 05:01 PM.

Jaded ingame.

#50 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:39 PM

Slept since then I don't really recall, but I do agree with you in some sorts, but everything is repairable if you just put heart into it. Giving up is not always the answer. At least the Jake I knew was not the type to give up. Should come active again we need some more players all diffrences aside, I'd even help you as well again all diffrences aside. On another note my daughter was born Aug 8th, she is in NICU was born 2 months premature with 2 holes in her heart as of right now she is doing fine. If I could get everyone to pray for her and my family. That would be very nice of you. Have a wonderful week.

Will definately be praying for your daughter and your family.
~With each choice comes consequences.. Choose carefully~

#51 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:49 PM

Thank you Amy... I miss you on main :P

#52 Silk

Silk
  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:32 PM

OK so this is kind of odd, My clannies and i were at einon just a bit ago and i was

thinking about old CTF event, it was fun and people showed up all the time for it, then i

got to thinking what if CTF never stopped but was part of the game itself, now i know it

wouldnt bhe as easy as just starting the mosh, but if it was happening all the time ppl

would play.

So say theres a small town in game where stuffs slightly cheaper, 200 gold lodes,

refresh could be the same etc. but someone or some clan could defeat its portcullis,

which is ktp ofc and when defeating people could enter and shop etc., granted portcullis

would be pk heaven but you could make it no xp loss,(im a noob so i could be

completely wrong) i think people would play it and it might put back some of the fun this

game has lost, and if it was easy to get to ppl would play and it wouldnt require a staff

member to be active always at a certain time or place. anyway Flame it or support it

either way gimme feedback :P

#53 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:49 PM

Thank you Amy... I miss you on main :P

aww.. all my characters on main got deleted through the years. Trevayne had them then i think he gave them to Elfy to hold. Regardless I cant seem to restore them or i would come visit some :) Maybe i will remake Amy on there and roam to and fro and rp at the gatehouses at least some lol. Only Silk seems to Rp with me on 1alt <3. Be well!

#54 Amy

Amy
  • Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:51 PM

OK so this is kind of odd, My clannies and i were at einon just a bit ago and i was

thinking about old CTF event, it was fun and people showed up all the time for it, then i

got to thinking what if CTF never stopped but was part of the game itself, now i know it

wouldnt bhe as easy as just starting the mosh, but if it was happening all the time ppl

would play.

So say theres a small town in game where stuffs slightly cheaper, 200 gold lodes,

refresh could be the same etc. but someone or some clan could defeat its portcullis,

which is ktp ofc and when defeating people could enter and shop etc., granted portcullis

would be pk heaven but you could make it no xp loss,(im a noob so i could be

completely wrong) i think people would play it and it might put back some of the fun this

game has lost, and if it was easy to get to ppl would play and it wouldnt require a staff

member to be active always at a certain time or place. anyway Flame it or support it

either way gimme feedback :P

that would be kinda neat Kit. (Trevayne made capture the flag, will see if i can get ahold of him and see how this could work as permanent). would allow people to expell some of that pking energy lol. <3

#55 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:54 PM

Trev always said that CTF would be too difficult to work on 1a. But maybe the new wave of staff will be able to throw it down.

#56 Autek

Autek
  • Members
  • 1967 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

Pretty sure Trev just hated 1a lol
Autek in game.

#57 Sausage

Sausage

Old School Nub

• Members
  • 1409 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:20 AM

I wasn't gonna say it. :P

#58 Silk

Silk
  • Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:06 AM

Quote Infection "Also personally think "On main at least" the pk level should be raised a tad"

I think that this spans both servers, i dont necessarily think the level needs to be raised before pk but since recent changes in damage and the addition of extra stam and 2x HP levels i feel that lvl 39 vs lvl 30 is a lil overboard.

Beofre when 30 was max level and before thief dmg got changed a lvl 30 thief wouldnt always click a lvl 21, but now the way dmg gets bonused at levels i was thinking that the level difference in pking should be rank based. i.e: Journeyman vs Journeyman, Pert vs Pert, Arch-IV vs Arch-IV, and finally GM and up.

Just an idea cause the nightmist i remember in the "Good ol' days" was rarely if ever a one click game

#59 Infection

Infection
  • Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:21 AM

[quote name='Silk' date='Apr 20 2011, 02:06 AM' post='237993']
Quote Infection "Also personally think "On main at least" the pk level should be raised a tad"

I think that this spans both servers, i dont necessarily think the level needs to be raised before pk but since recent changes in damage and the addition of extra stam and 2x HP levels i feel that lvl 39 vs lvl 30 is a lil overboard.

Beofre when 30 was max level and before thief dmg got changed a lvl 30 thief wouldnt always click a lvl 21, but now the way dmg gets bonused at levels i was thinking that the level difference in pking should be rank based. i.e: Journeyman vs Journeyman, Pert vs Pert, Arch-IV vs Arch-IV, and finally GM and up.

Just an idea cause the nightmist i remember in the "Good ol' days" was rarely if ever a one click game

Althought then people would just complain his or her equip/stats are better ect ect and people would start jumping each other. So no matter which way we go there is still going to be contorversy.

#60 Apocalypto

Apocalypto
  • Members
  • 1204 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:36 AM

like that idea actually.. doubt it will happen but it makes sense to me... once there are several lvl 40's(if the playerbase is at a decent lvl) it would be a pretty big challenge to train new crits from 30-35..which is kind of like saying "screw the new guys"
Apocalypto

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users