No More Level Cap

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:39 AM

never said anything about armor but the damage of beam does need to be lowered some its to overpowering for the 1 alt server atm
Contact Unforgiven on 1a.

#32 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:01 AM

Yeah and my mage gets rounded by a expert fighter i think its even? :) :)
Freek ingame.

#33 Łă Cň§tâ Ńótrâ

Łă Cň§tâ Ńótrâ
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:14 AM

no on nm solo mages arent overpowered at all, hence the solo they arent very, well long lasting i guess out in the wild, so they need to do alot of dmg, besides the way a mage is designed its mainly just for pking anyways <3 mage's arent really a monster character, so why not have them powerfull in the art of pking lol

i believe i like the idea of hiting up to lvl 40 with different chars, but i think the hp gains should be something like double normal at arch, then after that hp/mp+half of it=gain so 10/10+5/5=15/15 dunno lol

and i love the ideas of geting more stamina but how about we take this a step further?, dunno lets implement some new abilitys or atleast something more class or race specific

such as fighters, their the ones lacking atm, they do good so far cause everyone is poor and dont roll arround with cr's and so forth but they would be alot better if say by lvl they got 1% every lvl a chance to do double the dmg on attack, or to i dont know uhmm, make the guy bleed losing life slowly or something like that

anyways yea luv the ideas

#34 joanna

joanna
  • Members
  • 764 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:06 AM

The reason there are so few mages in solo NM is because of how extremely difficult they are to train at lower levels, if using hit and run tactics, between l15 and l17 a mage can hit with 1 stamina for 30ish damage, while a druid hits with 2 stamina for 50-ish damage.

#35 Scripto

Scripto

~teh Scripto

• Game Staff
  • 1628 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:44 PM

For me... I would like it to do like

Level 30 - Double Gain like is now..

Levels 31-34 - Normal Gains..

Level 35 - Double Gain

Levels 36 - 39 - Normal Gans

Level 40 - Double Gain..

Etc...

OR

Depending on how the exp. is set up..

250m exp (Also known as lvl 30) - The Double Gain

Levels in between - Normal Gains

500m exp (What ever level that would be) - Double Gain

Levels in between - Normal Gains

750m exp (What ever level that would be) - Double

Etc...

Just me thoughts.. and like Trevayne I wouldn't mind seeing this is Multi-NightMist w/o stam gains...only thing I would worry about there is the pacis being as they would like never die...
For every minute you remain angry, you give up sixty seconds of peace of mind.

Ingame:
Scripto (Staff)
Kannabis (Mortal)

#36 Trevayne

Trevayne
  • Advisors
  • 1841 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:44 PM

Just me thoughts.. and like Trevayne I wouldn't mind seeing this is Multi-NightMist w/o stam gains...only thing I would worry about there is the pacis being as they would like never die...

Good point. Pacifists could easily follow a harsher experience requirement (for example, level to 31 at 500mil exp rather than 350mil exp). This makes a good deal of sense since there is no natural control on the experience growth on a pacifist.
Aeryn and Trevayne in game.

#37 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:40 PM

i say add devastate as a spell that can be purchased at a high lvl....say 35.....also would new guilds be implimented, or would you simply go to lvl 30 one's?

Vegas 1a....formerly known as Memphis
¨¨*(^.^)·:*¨¨

#38 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:41 PM

Guild-wise, I set up a lot of the empty Dwarven Dwellings in Tirantek to possibly act as guilds, and Sinon's house is a Mage Guild that can be adapted for higher levels (is currently for level 24-28); I'm sure the staff and the veteran players who spend their time in Tirantek know of them (note, I am referring to the Dwarven Dwellings within the original walls, not the burnt-out shacks outside). The only possible drawback is that it would require intense teamwork just to level one's crits on the 1-alt server, but to an extent, that is required in the Desert already.

i say add devastate as a spell that can be purchased at a high lvl....say 35.....also would new guilds be implimented, or would you simply go to lvl 30 one's?

Possibly for the 1-alt server, but I don't think having Devastate available would go down well on the multi-alt server due to it being a rare item (and an almost infinitely expensive item in the Dendeya Archives). If possible, I would like to see it only being available to buy from only a certain Mage Guild like Sinon's or some other hidden place, so you have to work a little harder to buy it.

Pacifists should indeed have higher XP requirements for level, possibly doubling each time (500m, 1b, 2b etc.) and I say this from experience with using Europa. If you know where to go and you're patient, you can easily obtain several billion XP. Should levelling still take place in the Temple of Pacifism though? Or should we force Pacifists to venture further afield by this time?

Just my two pence thrown in the equation.

Edited by Crane, 10 April 2007 - 08:45 PM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

#39 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:22 PM

A mages beam is more than overpowering the way it is we don't need devastate on this server at all..

#40 eclypse

eclypse
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:09 PM

tbh i dont wanna see the level cap moved up but if it is im ready for it, but i would prefer double exp and stam increase for all levels
Adultery/Pistol Ingame

#41 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 01:43 AM

tony ur fighter must have a 12 wis u mage hating fool

#42 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:01 AM

16 actually and ask around i am not the only one that thinks this way

#43 Freek

Freek
  • Members
  • 1200 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 03:10 AM

I know everyone is hating on the 5 stam mage :)
Freek ingame.

#44 Kakarott

Kakarott
  • Members
  • 395 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 05:52 PM

im liking the no caps but i would say a max level is 50 anyone agree

Both Server's

Milenko

In-Game

#45 eclypse

eclypse
  • Members
  • 253 posts

Posted 11 April 2007 - 06:38 PM

id say roughly 35 max
Adultery/Pistol Ingame

#46 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:30 AM

30 and no higher sounds perfect.. no need to change

#47 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 12:39 AM

tony should leave town more and actually play before he can give better input into it.......

Edited by Throwback, 13 April 2007 - 12:40 AM.

#48 deadman

deadman
  • Members
  • 2395 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:36 PM

I play more than enough with multiple crits you just don't see it happen so how about we get our stories straight before trying to rag on people eh?

#49 Throwback

Throwback
  • Members
  • 1248 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 04:54 PM

play multiple crits yet you sit at ngh on fearless all the time....story is straight k thx

Total Game Time: 4 days, 19 hours and 17 minutes..........for your adept fighter tsk tsk

Edited by Throwback, 13 April 2007 - 04:54 PM.

#50 Champion

Champion
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 06:49 PM

I HIGHLY agree with 30+ levels all that needs to be said :)

#51 Dark

Dark

Cronus ingame

• Members
  • 696 posts

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:51 PM

I think as long as the levels are on a very large exponential exp curve for ascending levels, there will be no need for a level cap, and that the competition for top level will keep people active and give people a chance to become a little bit more unique. I also highly agree with this idea/change.

#52 Guest_Simon_*

Guest_Simon_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2007 - 11:22 PM

Guild-wise, I set up a lot of the empty Dwarven Dwellings in Tirantek to possibly act as guilds, and Sinon's house is a Mage Guild that can be adapted for higher levels (is currently for level 24-28); I'm sure the staff and the veteran players who spend their time in Tirantek know of them (note, I am referring to the Dwarven Dwellings within the original walls, not the burnt-out shacks outside). The only possible drawback is that it would require intense teamwork just to level one's crits on the 1-alt server, but to an extent, that is required in the Desert already.

Possibly for the 1-alt server, but I don't think having Devastate available would go down well on the multi-alt server due to it being a rare item (and an almost infinitely expensive item in the Dendeya Archives). If possible, I would like to see it only being available to buy from only a certain Mage Guild like Sinon's or some other hidden place, so you have to work a little harder to buy it.

Pacifists should indeed have higher XP requirements for level, possibly doubling each time (500m, 1b, 2b etc.) and I say this from experience with using Europa. If you know where to go and you're patient, you can easily obtain several billion XP. Should levelling still take place in the Temple of Pacifism though? Or should we force Pacifists to venture further afield by this time?

Just my two pence thrown in the equation.

Should prolly set up Paci's in the same place. Force them to venture outside of thier normal paths.

#53 Eamon

Eamon
  • Members
  • 842 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:20 AM

Since the no level cap is only going on the 1 alt, and pacifists are not allowed in 1 alt, I dont think there's a problem there.

o.0

#54 Crane

Crane

"Teh Gareth!"

• Members
  • 4091 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:37 AM

Since the no level cap is only going on the 1 alt, and pacifists are not allowed in 1 alt, I dont think there's a problem there.

o.0

Last I heard, Pacifists were being reviewed and modified so they are better-suited to the 1-alt server. I just hope they cannot bypass all kill-to-pass monsters... I do not want them picking up Dwarven Pickaxes so easily this time.

ADDENDUM:

Pacifists will stay the same on the multi-alt server, I think.

Edited by Crane, 14 April 2007 - 12:40 AM.

The Crane Temple Chairman

Main crits:
Crane
Europa

Don't kill the messenger mathematician!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users