Photo

Nightmist 2 Alternatives (jlh Please Read)

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 Wolfgang

Wolfgang
  • Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:03 PM

why couldnt it just be a one time payment as if u wer buying a game out of the shops??

JLH has to pay quite a bit for Nightmist's operation... hardware, electricity, line rentals etc. that comes to just over £1,000 per annum.

If a person were to only pay 1 fee, 1 time, it would only cover the costs of running nightmist for a short period of time. Money would dwindle rather quickly. Plus, most newcomers would be more willing to pay a few bucks here and there for a little while, rather than a larger fee, and risk blowing the money on a game that they wouldn't enjoy.

What the what?

#32 Pandora Pacifist

Pandora Pacifist
  • Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 30 March 2005 - 03:41 AM

P2P. A shiver runs down my spine when I hear that acronym. My incredible hate for it is why I'm not playing Everquest or Neverwinter Nights. When I first came to Nightmist, I loved the simplistic gameplay and the many amazing aspects of it's internal mechanics. 2 1/2 years, 6 clans, 1 account theft (my fault), and 1232 collective deaths by players, I have come to love the phenomenon that is Nightmist. Although I disagree with the idea of P2P, I do realize thst the immense costs of runnign this server, so I do suppose that Nightmist II should be P2p. Unfortunataly, I do not have the means of conveying money to JLH, even if it is only fifty cents US. Unfortunataly, I do believe that in the transition to Nightmist II, you will lose many players, myself included. I do hope that you will at least leave Nightmist I alone, even if it is running off of a second server. This situation truly is dire, but to those who don't mind payment, leave us old veterans behind in the ruins of the old Nightmist.

Edited by Pandora Pacifist, 30 March 2005 - 03:42 AM.

"George Bush should say The End when hes finished cause he tends to ramble on."

Frank Calliendo

#33 Sourcream

Sourcream
  • Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 09:32 AM

Will Nm2 be similar to diablo where you can add points to your stats every lvl?
or will it be like here and your stats remain the same throughout the game.?

#34 Zelimos

Zelimos

DraigNET.com

• Members
  • 1049 posts

Posted 01 April 2005 - 11:43 AM

because people can then distribute it ilegally.

This is a VERY reasonable way of doing it. There will still be classic nightmist, free... The only downfall i see here is that people will probably end up trading CNM stuff for NM2 stuff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users