main

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

#31 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:21 PM

No, it's not literally all that's changing -- it's cutting off access to the hall of brute (Gaddy and I both brought up in posts), which has some of the best cleric XP in game. 

Dungeon was added pre-Tirantek, and at the time, it was (in my opinion) by far the most intricate and thought out area. Key from an hourly mini-boss; mini-quest to get the first key; navigate three separate areas of the dungeon which each pose their own unique challenges (blind navigation, mini-mini bosses, mumbles, etc); battle three more mini-bosses. 

From ice_cold: "There was an issue of people farming Telatin by simply logging their party on the Plagued Spider, or before the final part of the Gauntlet with all the mini-bosses." --- this was the staff-identified issue. 

Making Telatin area log-to-local solves the staff-identified issue of camping Telatin. 

Making Telatin spawn rate lower reduces the amount of seals that can be farmed in a day by a party sitting AFK next to Telatin.

Making Telatin drop something other than seal further reduces the amount of seals that can be farmed in a day.

Making Telatin more difficult (now goes invisible, and I believe HP and damage were both raised) accomplishes nothing, imo. 

It feels like a chainsaw was taken to the area, when hedge trimmers would've gotten the job done just fine.

And I don't get why a change was made to this area, when the Credenza problem is a much bigger issue and has been discussed ad nauseam. It feels odd that Stig made this change to an area that came out before he was staff, but won't fix the issue in an area he developed.

Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#32 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:04 PM

credenza will be year spawn next update. lol.

I understand that credenza is a bigger issue, but will 9 other players be cutting wrists when/if he changes that? Also, staff make changes to older areas all the time. Most players just don't pay attention enough to notice.  Are you sill seeing a therapist over Gardener dropping a spade? 

It's just what happens with all games, sit back and enjoy it.

"Wake Up!!" 

#33 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 09:56 PM

and get an item on 100% of your runs through dungeon.

Edit - 2nd paragraph removed - Gaddy

Blue Dragon drops null occasionally. *shrugs*

Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

#34 Stig

Stig
  • Game Staff
  • 1810 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

Blue Dragon dropping a null is due to a floating point rounding error rather than anything to do with the monster's design, and unfortunately there's very little I can do about it.  Telatin now drops the seal 100% of the time now, and has been for a few weeks.  The intention of his other drops was to increase the value of the Blue Dragon's drops, while also being more valuable than Dragon's Skin etc.

#35 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 04:22 AM

Edit - 2nd paragraph removed - Gaddy

LOL -  this thread has been condescending towards stig since post 3, editing my post for stating the obvious was just a turnip move. anyone can just read it and figure that for themselves.  condescending enough that player/advisor bashing made him question himself and undo..

there is almost no hope left for this game, 1 good staffer, 20 horrible/obnoxious players and countless worthless advisors gets us nowhere.  Well atleast I fit in...

most areas should be "1" playthrough only, it isn't staff or anyone elses problem if you're too lazy to acquire a dungeon key to go, or in most cases, farming of such a mundane artifact is beneath you.  the fact that you are even allowed to farm non-area entry keys in the first place is crazy. none of the muds that have 50+ daily players do this.

Well..is what it is, gnite

"Wake Up!!" 

#36 Sneaky

Sneaky
  • Members
  • 2372 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:30 PM

most areas should be "1" playthrough only

Do you not see the irony? The entirety of the complaint stems around the fact that Telatin could drop something other than the Seal of Miscreation -- thus, preventing you from fully playing through the area. 

No one is complaining about losing the ability to farm seals of miscreation.

No one is complaining about having to farm additional glowing orbs and dungeon keys to get the same number of seals of miscreation. 

Throw insults at the rest of us all you want; you're the one who's played this server for about 20 minutes and felt the need to tell us why we're all wrong. 

Chuck Norris wears Jack Bauer pajamas.

deimos the noob said no

#37 Terron

Terron
  • Members
  • 2121 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 06:05 PM

I've played for 15 years, just cuz I choose to play on hardcore mode over novice, doesn't make me know less than you.  If anything its the opposite.  Dozens of changes resulted on both servers from me abusing game mechanics. 

a play through doesn't always end at the end boss many areas are like this.  just because bd wasn't this way initially, doesn't mean it should never be changed. if your play-through ended at teptok dropping an item, what is wrong with that?   remember I also believe that bosses should spawn more often(lower drop rates), so players can do more play-throughs and its viable that most of our current playerbase could go everyday or two.

No area should allow farming, in the case of dungeons moving off of telatin, teptok, etc, should tp the party to the entrance, continue your play-through or log to harabec, your choice.  Every area should do this, with the exception of Chronos, it should take an orb of time to leave that area, just like it was designed.  

I know since the engine is pretty limited that l2l areas would destroy almost all options on a pacifist, but squares could be added in paci guild to allow TP to dungeons, 2nd, tombs, etc for a large chunk of gold.  allows for gold consumption and also for players to use a paci alone w/o a regular party to farm keys.

No bash intended, but, veterans of this game refuse to accept change.  Its obvious why we have no players, just think about it.  you can use gaddy's typical the game genre is out of date arguement, or add in xbox and playstation theories, but as much as those may have hurt muds, that doesn't change the fact that muds exist with 100's of daily players.  same genre same characters classes etc.

So what's different? the creator,  player attitudes, advisors advising their own account, staff, players penalized for doing something ingame too often? i dunno, ive played 20 or so of those different muds and not many are all that different from nightmist, yet only nm is on this downward spiral.  I think its time to accomodate this game for newbs and people with more time constraints or it wont last much longer.  

Pretend that you forgot everything about nm and logged on for your first time, you roll a character follow the tutorial to boars inn. you meet your first player, bob.  bob asks your opinion.  Bob says "theres this mystical area ingame do you think it should drop 6 items or 4?"

your answer is 4 obviously /eyes

"Wake Up!!" 

#38 Perfection

Perfection
  • Members
  • 917 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:07 AM

close topic please .. discussions have become ridiculous. and Telatin now does drop seal 100% again. I personally really don't give a nuts about "this should be that should be"

Terron you have good points no doubt... go play those other muds if they are better, i have also played a lot of others.

Nightmist has no advertisement so its super rare a new player ever finds it, but in the event new players come the current player base does encourage them and help them, with few exceptions.

I am happy to accept change, i have no problem with the increased spawn time of Telatin or the monsters before it, the whole area in Trial of Gauntlet now being log to local, its all fine. the issue i originally suggested/commented on. is a key boss not dropping its key.

Credenza averages a spawn each 5 days or so atm btw at a maximum.. point of interest

Edited by Perfection, 10 December 2015 - 11:09 AM.

Pulsar, Gremlin or Old_Dog in game. (multi alt only)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: main

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users